Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Interest Check] Upcoming Epic Midvinter Event

Hello, fellow Dawnguards!

Myself and Coci are planning to do a big, epic thread set on Midvinter come the new year. We tend to do one of these once every year or so, as they are quite demanding and are designed to change some aspect of Midvinter and its peoples in a significant way. This does not take into account potential dominions, invasions, skirmishes, or any other sort of big faction thread.

I won't go into detail as to just what this big epic will entail, mostly because we haven't gotten to that stage in our planning as of yet. We've got the essentials down, however, which is why I'm writing this.

In the past, these types of threads have been mostly just me and Coci making up the entire cast with our various characters, but now we have an entire faction of writers who may pitch in!

We are currently looking for anyone willing to RP one (or several) of the Valkyri Gods. As stated above, details will follow as we nail things down.

Odiir
4tk8le.jpg
We've decided to keep the Allfather an NPC throughout the event, as we feel he should still be shrouded in mystery and not interact with mortals as much. He is so ridiculously powerful and just above it all that he will only feature briefly.​
Runa
suu1jk.jpg
Played by:​
The wife of Odiir and Mother of Midvinter, she possesses power over sea and land. Her wisdom is limitless and extremely protective of her husband and children.​
Teign
5d6vd2.jpg
Played by: [member="Ylva Solveig"]​
The God of Smithing and Craftmanship, Teign is the younger brother of Odiir who tends to keep to himself, working away at his forge where he smiths great weapons with unmatched skill.​
Helm
2djqvmd.jpg
Played by:​
Firstborn son of Odiir and Runa, Helm is the God of War and Justice. His martial prowess and skill at tactics and strategy are second-to-none, and he is unflinchingly loyal to his father.​
Éar
15o7693.jpg
Played by: [member="Mysa Snowstrider"]​
Goddess of the Hunt and Fertility, she is the second child of Odiir and Runa. Her eyes can see beyond those of her kin, and her arrows always find their target.​
Velkar
Played by: [member="Coci Heavenshield"]​
The exiled God of Fire and Mischief, Velkar was cast out of Beornskald by his father after one antic too many, having recklessly toyed with the lives of their Valkyri worshippers. His whereabouts are currently unknown...​
Let us know if you are interested by replying to this topic! Like we said, we plan to get this started sometime next year, so we're still a ways off. If you know you will be unavailable around January-February then do take that into account when you sign up.

[member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="George O Rourke"] | [member="Kiriko"] | [member="Mysa Snowstrider"] | [member="Ylva Solveig"]​

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

I would be happy to contribute to this thread in any way required.

There is certainly a lot more I would like to learn about Midvinter and this thread sounds great !

Sign me up for a future role and we can work out what best suits over time until then.

[member="Ylva Solveig"]

Great!

Choose one of the Gods on Thurion's list there and if you need any help with it, just ask either myself or Thurion (or both) for any help.

I did a thing for Velkar: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/120041-velkar-odiirson/

Now you don't have to do a character bio but it helped me with him. And if you don't wish to write up a bio like that you could always do one in here for our reference and just post something shorter in the OOC area if you wish.

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Teign

5d6vd2.jpg

Played by:

The God of Smithing and Craftmanship, Teign is the younger brother of Odiir who tends to keep to himself, working away at his forge where he smiths great weapons with unmatched skill.
Teign seems like a rather good choice considering I could use him to do some submissions and what not on the side!

:D

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Teign's Biography

So I've made a start, it's still very much a work in progress and the Account's awaiting approval for the DawnGuard but I was curious what his last name would be? I assumed that his full name was "Teign Odiirson" but I wasn't completely certain so I kept the account name simple. I will however request for an alteration once I know for sure !

Anyway, got plenty of time I know so I'll keep chipping away at the biography.

[member="Ylva Solveig"]

Awesome stuff!

And that was what that notification was. Just to let you all know I can't load my tags, can't view on Coci's account.

No Teign would have another name, maybe does not even have one. Odiirson is only used for the sons and daughters of Odiir (or of a sire). As in Son of Odiir. Or Odiir's son.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] correct me if I am horribly wrong.

[member="Ylva Solveig"] - Teign is Odiir's brother, so he would likely have a different name. Odiirson literally means "Odiir's son" so that wouldn't work. You are free to come up with a surname of your own if you really need one. ^_^

Also, it is worth noting that the pics I used for the gods are how the Valkyri tend to depict them. You are all free to pick a different look for them if you like! :)

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

I rather like the images you've chosen Thurion, they're very cool.

I managed to track down the full image from deviant art and added it to the biography; it will be a privilege to play such an important role.

I hope I do it justice !

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Well with your guys' blessing I would happily take on the role of Éar for this and any other storyline she is needed in! After all... We all know my affinity for Éar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom