Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest Check: Old School Empire

Aeth Deschart

A
I've been toying with this idea for a while, but I wasn't sure I was going to try it until recently. And before I get started, yes I'm aware there is the Sith Empire and the New Imperial Order as major factions, however, neither of them particularly fits with my idea. As I'm aware, NIO doesn't aspire to be like the Empire of old, and Sith, well, you can't trust Force users, especially Sith.

I'm still working out the kinks, but I've written a little bit of history for the faction to sort of give an idea. In general, we'd be an imperial faction based on the Galactic Empire with a focus on NFU roleplay. We would not have Imperial Knights, though we would have enslaved Force Users for hunting down other Force users. Our focus is on galactic domination for the purpose of installing peace upon the galaxy via military force.

To put it in an easily understandable way, think of us as the Galactic Empire, but with Thrawn making all the decisions rather than Palpatine (no superweapon projects but a focus on enhanced smaller projects).

Anyway, here's the history blurb.

Banner.jpg

In the early days of the Galactic Empire, shortly after the Republic was taken over by the Emperor, expeditions to the unknown regions were begun. They mapped new sectors of space that had not previously been explored due in part to the anomaly on the western side of the galaxy that interfered with hyperspace travel. The results of these explorations became most famous when one such expedition discovered the Chiss, Thrawn, who would become the Empire’s first, and last, Grand Admiral.

Another of these expeditions was handed over to the command of one of the Emperor’s clones. It was believed that the Emperor had determined the clone wasn’t viable, as he lacked a Force connection, but that he still had the Emperor’s other qualities, namely his intelligence and desire for galactic dominion. He was a fitting candidate for expedition leadership, but otherwise useless to the Emperor.

His expedition ultimately led to the discovery of a world known by the locals as Oaken Dawn. It was a world previously discovered by a crashed colony ship. The people lost their level of technology after being cut off from the rest of the galaxy, making them ideal for subjugation. Imperial rule was swiftly brought to the world and a base of operations was established on one of its moons. The world, being rich in Titanium, was an ideal mining location. They allowed the locals to maintain their leadership subject to Imperial law.

This move, unbeknownst to any of them at the time, is what allowed the Empire to survive. Though the Empire’s expedition would continue onward, it was the garrison and ships left at Oaken Dawn that initially survived after the Emperor was defeated at Endor. This news would eventually reach them, but they were never given the same orders as the rest of the Imperial forces and remained cut off from the larger galaxy.

The First Order subsequently had no impact on them, and neither did the Emperor’s Final Order. The Emperor’s clone firmly believed the true Emperor had died, and so established himself as the new Emperor of their band of Imperial forces.

Hundreds of years later, the expedition’s numbers have grown thanks to breeding practices, primarily with the people of Oaken Dawn. Dawnites were human, despite being backward, and provided good breeding stock. Not only were their numbers bolstered, but so too was their military power as they were able to create a deep space shipyard facility thanks to the titanium they mined on Oaken Dawn and sold, discreetly, to traders from various other worlds.

Unbeknownst to them, another group of Imperials had survived on a distant world to their own, and they banded together to form the Imperial Remnant, which had its own Grand Admiral: Mason Deschart. These Imperials made the unfortunate blunder of announcing their presence to the galaxy much too soon, as the Sith fell upon them and all but destroyed them. Few survived, but the few that did ended up getting scooped up by the new Risen Empire and brought to the few worlds they controlled.

One such individual was Caathiel Deschart, the daughter of the late Admiral who died in battle with the Sith. She would go on to marry Reinhart Palpatine, the current Emperor of the Risen Empire. They would have a single child who, upon Reinhart’s passing, ultimately became Empress of the Risen Empire, the last vestige of the Galactic Empire of more than eight hundred years ago.

This could be interesting yeah.

I assume the enslaved force sensitives you mention would work kind of like the inquisitors? They aren't really trained like jedi or sith, but they have just enough knowledge to be a threat to other force users? (Even if I only make a NFU, this is important as I assume they can be used as NPC's)

I don't do none force users a lot unless they're a special species, but, hey, maybe it's worth a shot, so here'd be the two options if I got involved (coming up with character ideas is the easy part, always):

1: A commando or imperial guard type unit. Highly trained and worked hard to get where he is. But maybe was a farmer before, and might still miss it. Could have been pulled into the military rather than done by choice, but fully intends to be loyal to the Empire. This character could work well but would probably require a few worthwhile submissions. He either is typically used on solo missions or a part of small teams. He should be easy to play relatively, heavy weapon focus and use of their advantages. This one would be male for sure as I have potential looks.

2. Inquisitor type: This one would require either an NPC or a player above me. The thing I like about this is that they'll probably be less skilled in the force, as if you avoided having a full force order they couldn't receive full training and such easily. This would also let me play as the one taking the orders more often, something I really don't get to do because it results in loss of a character when people leave. But, I figure I can make them fit according to the changes of the empire. Should also be easy to play, I just find force sensitives easier in general. Not sure if this one is male or female yet.

Aeth Deschart

A
Salis Salis

The intention is for them to be like Inquisitors, yes. They would be implanted with a device that has an explosive in it that is directly tied to their nervous system. If they attempt to remove it or it stops detecting their heart beat, it will blow and they die. Their handler would be implanted with a device tied to it such that if they die, their charge dies. I liked both of your concepts, though.

Aeth Deschart Alrighty, cool. Wondered how you'd make it work. Yeah I think that'd be interesting, I can probably play either. So if you do end up making this a full thing and get some other players involved, I'll likely end up making my choice of the two based off of that.

Aeth Deschart

A
Decent amount of interest so far and I have another person already involved in helping me with plotting. Gonna see how many others are interested, but I am happy with how this is going!

Kaine Hamilton

K
This seems interesting. Maybe Kaine Hamilton would be interested in this new faction

I love this idea of a NFU empire, and the great history you've made for it so far. Would definately like to see this happen, and would be willing to help if you want more help.

I made something similar recently, though much smaller, which I can tell you about in PM if you want Aeth Deschart

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom