Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest Check- Black Hat Society

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
So, I've had this idea for a while, now. Basically, it's a faction for thieves. I even wrote up a little FAQ below.

Hello.
If you're receiving this message, then you've been selected to join a very exclusive group of highly skilled people. That group is The Black Hat Society.
Now, I'm sure you're just brimming with questions, so to help you through this process, I have assembled an FAQ for your convenience.

hacker-cyber-attack-640x522.jpg

Who Are the Black Hat Society?
To put it simply, we're thieves. We take whatever we want from whoever we want, and do whatever we want with it. From robberies to heists to cons to slicing, any situation you can take something that doesn't belong to you is fair game in our books.

What Do You Do?
We take things. Credits, rare items, ships, information, secrets, blueprints; anything is on the table.

Who's In Charge?
No one. Every member of the Black Hat Society is an equal. While we have rules, such as don't compromise the Society or your fellow thieves, members of the Society are allowed to do what they wish with it's resources, provided they give the Society a cut of the take.

Will I Make Money?
If that's what you desire. However, most members of the Society tend to have grown tired of material wealth, and are in the thief game for the thrill.

Can I Kill?
No. One of the few rules of the Society is we don't kill. Ever. We don't mind if you rough someone up, or otherwise defend yourself, but killing is unprofessional, and violators of this rule will be severely punished, or even expelled from the Society.

Where Are You Based?
Nowhere in particular. The Society has an annual meeting place, and plenty of safe houses, but these locations change very frequently to maintain our anonymity.

And there it is. If you decide to accept this invitation, go to your local store and purchase a black hat. We'll be watching you, and we'll know.
This message will delete itself in about five minutes, so if you squeal, you have no evidence.
I hope you do the smart thing, here.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in or would like to see succeed, say so. Or even if you have insight or criticism, I'd love to hear it.
No point in creating a faction no one will join, after all.

[member="The Black Hat"]

This really intrigues me, even though neither of my current characters really fit into the faction. I think it would add a lot of flavor to have a group like them on the board and help break up all of the combat oriented posting that seems so dominate. I say that being a part of the problem though...... >.>

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
[member="Ivan Caelian"]
I'm sure we can fit you in somewhere.

[member="Dune Rhur"]
Do et. Everyone should have a thief in their lives.

[member="Dez Sosa"]
First definite recruit!

[member="Gray Raxis"]
That was kind of the point, yeah; create something unique not combat oriented.

Well, from what it seems here, I think there's enough interest.
I will start setting up the faction over the next little bit.

I'm certainly interested in maintaining an adversarial role and even potentially joining at some point down the road if it makes sense for my character to diversify a little (and if I think she can get away with it!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom