Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest Check: An Empire to Span the Galaxy!

Triter Zone

The Littlest Space Pirate
- The Empire of the Line -
bBL27Z89.gif
[youtube=ZPTJ2hdVGng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPTJ2hdVGng[/youtube]​
So, a little background here.
Since I joined this site, I have wanted to make one of my characters the leader of a faction. Particularly, my space pirate, Triter Zone.
Triter, if you read his biography, is the heir to a particularly fearsome legacy. As far as he knows, he is the last of the Ossein Pirates, an organization led by the legendary pirate admiral, Krayd Hasperre.

[youtube=QTewk-1CTNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTewk-1CTNw[/youtube]​

Hasperre was the most fearsome pirate to fly the hyperlanes in 1,000 years. Among the Tionese, he was hailed as the Second Coming of Xer, the man who would restore the worlds of the Tion Cluster to their rightful prominence, leading them to a new golden age such as had not been seen since the decadent splendor of Xim the Despot's legendary court. Indeed, Hasperre was mighty, commanding a fleet of ships which terrorized the region's corporate parasites for years.
At some point during the height of his career, Hasperre took in a young Amaran orphan, who had tried to kill him for the corporate bounty on the infamous brigand's head. He took the alien youth under his wing, and despite the fact that no Tionese blood flowed in Triter's veins, trained him as an able lieutenant, and a possible successor...

Triter was still young when Hasperre met his end, in a climactic duel with a corporate fleet sent to finally annihilate the pirate's forces. Though at great cost, they succeeded; Hasperre's flagship drove itself into a corporate battle-wagon, destroying them both, and what few pirate forces survived were scattered to the solar winds.
Triter Zone, the last to still proudly wave the skull-and-bones standard of the Ossein, survived.

In the years since, Triter has roamed the Galaxy, occasionally joining other gangs, but pride never allows him to stay for long. He yearns to continue what his mentor started, to rebuild what once was.
To no longer be the last of the Ossein.

Triter wants to go home. Not to his home, not to Pasmin, where he wandered the streets as an urchin, but to the world from which his mentor had started.
He wanted to go to Osseinium.
Triter had been told stories of Osseinium growing up under Hasperre's care. He had been told of its vast glaciers, its snowy forests, its ancient cities, and the finest breweries to be found in that Galaxy or any other. He had been told of the oath Hasperre had sworn to the king and queen of that world, to protect it from its enemies, in which he had failed.
Osseinium had been taken by corporate forces, driving Hasperre and his crew to piracy against them. Triter knew that, shortly after Hasperre had been defeated, many of these corporations had collapsed, bled white by the actions of the pirates...
But Osseinium had not been left intact. After years of corporate rule, its government and economy were left a ruin. Its people looked for a savior...
Triter had long thought he would merely rebuild the Ossein Fleet, and go into business for himself; but he has realized he was thinking too small.
Triter wants to build an empire.

Triter Zone's plan, on the surface, is simple. From where he is, he will bring together a group and conquer his way back to Osseinium. On his course back toward home, he will claim every planet in his path; a trail of worlds, from the start of his journey to the finish.
An Empire of the Line.
Along the way, he will forge economic and military links in the chain. Along the way, he will forge new hyperlanes, build infrastructure... the people of these worlds will be stronger and better off; there will be no weak links.
Eventually, he plans to take Osseinium, and make it his capital.
There's only one problem, of course.
Osseinium is half a Galaxy away...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
So, yes, I'm looking for people who would be interested in joining the Empire of the Line; if I get enough people, I'll make the faction.
The plan is that we're going to conquer our way across the Galactic disc, by force or by guile, forming a chain of planets starting at Manpha and ending at Osseinium.
As you can see from the map, we have a long way to go, and a lot of heavy hitters potentially in our way. But empires are not built easily.
Who wants to help build this one?

The Talatheen Amalgam

Lord Cross; Laodicean Brothers Eternal
[member="Triter Zone"]

I've read your bio real quick (fantastic job btw) and from what I see here, it's no doubt you're a damn good writer. I have no problem helping you create a faction. c:

Though I hope, should you get around to it, we can discuss in more detail at a later point.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Triter Zone"]
I'm a fan of your work and I think you can pull it off. I've split my attention and commitments too far to join you. That said, I've got interests and connections all over the map. If you do this, I mean to weave it into my stories. Ashin can't raid X from Y because Triter Zone's invasion front is in the way, so she raids Z instead. That kind of thing.

Basically, you do this and I'll make darn sure it has an impact so far as my stuff is concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom