Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest Check: Alchemist Guild

The Alchemist Guild
arcane_circle__black_and_white_by_nemuikougi-d50oipx.png
This has been an idea near and dear to my heart since I joined this site and really dug into Sith Alchemy and the Force Crafting traditions. A Minor Faction dedicated to making Force Relics, Artifacts, and Trinkets. Anything you can dream. The name is a bit of a misleading one, as it wouldn't be solely alchemy. Sith Magic, Dathomiri spellwork, Alchemy, Force Imbuement, Jal Shey... Upari Crystal Cutting... Alkahest... All traditions would be welcome in the Guild. Even if you just want to have an IC way to learn how to make a +5 Flaming Sword of Evil Evilness without resorting to handwaving and/or an NPC, that resource is the Guild and it's Elder Council.

The idea is a place where those of us interested in Force Crafting can come together under one roof, share and trade knowledge. On the surface, it will be an Academy to help train and grow crafters for use by Akure Executive, and so it will thus have substantial bank roll. In reality, it is a safe-haven for all those who make things. Abide by the rules of the Guild, and knowledge is yours for the taking, if you are worthy. I will be transferring some of the board-famous staff alchemist from Akure to even pose as teachers, and trying to recruit some of the more experienced minds of Alchemy, both OOC and IC, to help as sounding boards and teachers.

Exact details of how it will run ICly are still being discussed amongst the group of people who first got this crazy idea in their heads, but I wanted to poll the audience to see what range of appeal this idea has, so we know what we are working with. You would have access to basic alchemical and mundane materials freely, and depending on circumstance and whim of the Elders, pretty much anything you need could be procured with the right price paid. Knowledge is given in proportion to skill and trusthworthiness to the Guild... In the field of Creation...If you can dream it, we probably have the resources to teach you it. And we welcome you to learn how, even if this is your first or ten thousandth creation.

A secondary feature of the Guild will be one AEI long held as well, which was as a repository and containment society for dangerous Force Artifacts and the like. They will ostensibly be for study and recreation of the more trusted Scholars, but the Guild will also obviously use them for building its' own power and reach as it grows, and to help eventually secure independence from all government and corporate sponsors and the like. As well, one can exert much influence when you hold such relics, just by dent of their name.

So, do you dare dip your cup in the fount of all knowledge, and step to the furnace of creation? True power awaits.

Tagging those who expressed interest...

[member="Dissero"]
[member="Isley Verd"]
[member="Spencer Varanin"]
[member="Ember Rekali"] / [member="Rave Merrill"]
[member="Cerita Sarova"]
[member="Seydon of Arda"]

I'll add to the list as people express interest.

Matreya

You already know Damien has extensive knowledge in creative capacities. Imbuement, Alchemy (Bio and metallurgical), and I have began hinting at wanting him to learn more.

[member="Ostanes"]

Darth Ferus said:
Sure. I like alchemy.
You'll have to play nice with any Jedi visitors.. But sure.

Saverok the Unleashed said:
Does it have to be just Alchemy? Im pretty good with Force Imbune [member="Ostanes"]
Nope. As said above, if it has to do with Force Crafting or Esoteric Knowledge (Seers, even Healers would be welcome to share and train and help, though they'd never be as prominent as Crafting) it is welcomed.

The idea here is complete neutrality. Your dogma and your religion are irrelevant. The prize above all else is knowledge. I.E. - I don't care what hue of the Force you are. Don't cause violence, and you'll be fine. The name is 'Alchemist Guild' because it' how it started. Renaming might happen...

Darth Pikiran said:
You already know Damien has extensive knowledge in creative capacities. Imbuement, Alchemy (Bio and metallurgical), and I have began hinting at wanting him to learn more.

[member="Ostanes"]
Definitely welcomed. Glad to see you found the thread.

Ibaris Varanin said:
Might do.
You better.

Matreya

I love the idea of this...

Though might sue for the trademark infringement..
Lmao

I was talking about this mid last year, couldn't get on the ground though. Hopefully with the big names you have going for you it will!

[member="Ostanes"]

Corrupt me! Redesign me! Make me a monster among children who hide under covers, dragging their little arms back into the covers for fear a monster will grab them.

"I heard your prayers......you prayed that I wasn't under your bed. And the whole time you prayed, I was there waiting for you."

Matreya

Clovis Torcularis said:
[member="Ostanes"]

Corrupt me! Redesign me! Make me a monster among children who hide under covers, dragging their little arms back into the covers for fear a monster will grab them.

"I heard your prayers......you prayed that I wasn't under your bed. And the whole time you prayed, I was there waiting for you."
Dibs!

Ask...I think its [member="Jarven Zexxel"]...can't remember the name lol.

Damien does twisted stuff

Ibaris Varanin said:
Or what, hm?
11fysr.jpg

Darth Pikiran said:
I love the idea of this...

Though might sue for the trademark infringement..
Lmao

I was talking about this mid last year, couldn't get on the ground though. Hopefully with the big names you have going for you it will!
2 years in the making now. But it's all gravy. I want everyone to be able to have fun with this!

Clovis Torcularis said:
[member="Ostanes"]

Oh I like you....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom