Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Incorporating Chaos-specific Elements into Backstory

Fulcrum

Kaleesh. Mandalorian. Detective.
Hey, all. I'm in the process of upgrading this poor little meow meow's tragic backstory to the year 900ish ABY, and I was hoping for a little guidance on what major factions would be suitable replacements, timeline-wise, in these contexts:

1. Fulcrum's original world was bombed by the Republic a vaguely "goodish" Jedi-aligned government 20 years before the current date. Who's a good fit?
2. Ten years before the current date, Fulcrum's Mandalorian clan was annihilated by the Empire an imperialistic state with dark side Force users in their employer. Who fits the bill?

Thanks for any advice you can give. Looking forward to getting out there.

Hey, all. I'm in the process of upgrading this poor little meow meow's tragic backstory to the year 900ish ABY, and I was hoping for a little guidance on what major factions would be suitable replacements, timeline-wise, in these contexts:

1. Fulcrum's original world was bombed by the Republic a vaguely "goodish" Jedi-aligned government 20 years before the current date. Who's a good fit?
2. Ten years before the current date, Fulcrum's Mandalorian clan was annihilated by the Empire an imperialistic state with dark side Force users in their employer. Who fits the bill?

Hey!

So 20 IC years ago, Mandalorian Enclave was new on the Galactic scene and out for blood against anything Sith for decimating Mandalorian space. So it was actively at war with Brotherhood of the Maw and the New Sith Order that oversaw the Maw. Any of the big conflicts regarding the Maw could fit the bill of wiping out the Clan because the Second Hyperspace War that involved the Maw lasted about 10 years.

Alternatively, if the Clan was not for the Sith in any form - including as Bounty Hunters, they would have been against them. Like Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax said - the Kainite genocided Mandalorian Space in about 858ABY. Most Mandalorians got wiped/enslaved during that conflict if you want to go a bit further back in time for the clan wipe. It was quite a significant conflict in Chaos Mando history.

Feel free to DM me here on the board or on Discord at avelion5500 if you want to brainstorm more stuff.

Fulcrum Fulcrum

For exactly this, it is a bit difficult. I am not sure if the Alliance did any questionable actions at that time. The Silver Jedi definitely didnt. Maybe Valery Noble Valery Noble knows a place and battle where a larger bombardment occured which was done by the GA and could have lost civilian lives.

Ten years ago is in the middle of the poofening. Means, the time skip. So you could potentially make something up with a non-existent Sith-Imperial warlord state, as the only Sith + Imperial who was there before and after are the Kainates kinda.

It is difficult to pin this down, especially due to the openness and vagueness of the past twenty IC years which are filled as background. But it wouldnt be the worst option to go for some briefly existing entities which are no more due to the time skip. For Mando questions, Vren Rook Vren Rook is definitely the best place to go though. :)

For Number 1, the Galactic Alliance wouldn't work, no. It's kinda hard to have such specific backstory plots when every major government on site is written by players.

So if they didn't do something like that, it didn't really happen.

An alternative would be to say some random local government did it, but I don't know how that works for your idea.

Which planet are we talking about and why did they bomb? My faction were a militant Jedi Order who were Lightsided, but to the point of being zealous warmongering crusaders. That being said we avoided striking civilian targets with it being a key character point for our grand admiral/prime minister going into poor tactical situations to avoid collateral damage. That being said we did do a lot of warring and bombings and war is very messy

Last edited:

Fulcrum

Which planet are we talking about and why did they bomb? My faction were a militant Jedi Order who were Lightsided, but to the point of being zealous warmongering crusaders. That being said we avoided striking civilian targets with it being a key character point for our grand admiral/prime minister going into poor tactical situations to avoid collateral damage. That being said we did do a lot of warring and bombings and war is very messy
The planet in question is Kalee (he's a Kaleesh foundling, fyi). As for the reason for the bombing, I'm flexible on that-- perhaps he and his family were caught in a bombing meant for an actual opponent. I could easily keep the specifics vague to stay flexible, and say they were going after some Sith opponents occupying the planet.

We, as in Empire/New Imperial Order, did not bomb Kalee at any time for any reason.

But as mentioned. As it is an undefined time, just set a self-made warlord there who did what you want and you are good to go.

It is, as mentioned, difficult to find something fitting for the character, instead of the other way round.

Fulcrum Fulcrum

How set are you on it being 'good guys' for the bombing of Kalee? If you want to hold a grudge against the current Galactic Alliance, or the core worlds or Jedi in general. I suggest going for something more along the lines of just, sheer inaction.

I'd say, if you were willing to set the bombing of Kalee back about 30-40yrs ago rather than twenty. You could easily say that a group like the Maw or the Draelvasier [chaos' vong equivalent, genocidal super-military] destroyed Kalee. Which, would be closer to the truth of Chaos' history as the larger factions at the time did avoid interacting with the Draelvasier even as they genocided system after system.

So, that's pretty chaos specific.

And you can easily be mad at good guys for not doing something about it. Everyones happy.

Fulcrum

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Right now, I'm leaning towards having a vague, somewhat undefined faction do the bombing (he was eight at the time, so it's only natural that he himself wouldn't know who did it) and his grudge towards the alliance is in a more general sense due to their inaction. I'll keep tweaking the details for him until it makes sense.

I was going to say if the bombing happened more then 20 years ago it could have been part of the Maw plot to turn the GA against the Jedi. Though I dont really speak for the Maw anymore.

But just about any terrorist act could have been blamed on the Maw that happened almost 30 years before current time.

Heyyo, I wrote a shapeshifting dark lord of the Sith (who happened to be DLOTS for the Maw at probably the precise period of time you're referring to); it would've been 100% in-character for the character I had been writing to have done a false-flag, though I've never actually done a thread on Kalee that I can remember, as I've done a bunch of false-flag operations throughout the time I was writing them. If it suits your story to have it be that your character / the people involved believe it to be Jedi-related but the reality being otherwise (i.e; a "jedi" in a starfighter that would've been linked to any number of good-ish factions dropping a bomb or something that is actually a sith that has stolen a ship and shapeshifted/took the identity of a real person that existed) then that could fit the bill.

Alternatively any number of people in the Maw would've fit the bill, too, because it was kind of our bread and butter.

Fulcrum Fulcrum

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom