Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction In The Presence Of Another World | Sith Eternal

Arcturus did not stop the exchange.
A trade was a trade, there was a known requirement for what was taken. But to simply accept something offered without an offer in return was dangerous, who knew what price might be exacted.
While Ishani's attention was on the flower blue, Arcturus was torn between lantern and rod. Both intrigued him an almost equal amount, what could the rod be turned into, he wondered, and what was the sickly light within the lantern?
Something told him he would not have enough for both.
So he turned his gaze to Kalt Bruq Kalt Bruq who had been the first to journey alongside him to where the vendor lay. "Do any of them tickle your fancy?" he inquired. Perhaps if Kalt chose one or the other then Arcturus' decision would be more easily made...

Kalt was more or less, entranced by the options presented. Ishani made the first purchase. A living clay, it seemed, from what he had heard. Something that was definitely of interest it seemed. She seemed to trade it with a perfume of hers, something that apparently resurrects lost memories. Something he'd have to look into acquiring for himself some day but not now.

There were too other options that presented themselves to both Arcturus and Kalt. Kalt was equally as interested in both the rod and lantern but was just as undecided as Arcturus was. He decided to go for a random choice when he realized no one was selecting on their own. "What about this artifact?" Kalt asked, regarding the Lantern. Uncertain what the effect would be using it but finding himself entranced by the glow.

"Ah, a very special item that." The vendor said. "It is a very useful tool for navigating the Nether, it will show the true path to one's destination in the Nether."

"So it's not very useful outside of this realm?" Kalt asked.

"It's a useful light source." The vendor added.

Kalt considered the transaction for a moment, and then set one of the artifacts he had taken from Arcturus earlier onto the table. A fang from some monster or another, embued with Dark Side force energies. This creature, whatever it was, was either a creature of the dark side or was used for dark intentions by an unknown master. Whatever the case, it was now laced with the suffering it inflicted on others, which could be useful in a place such as the Netherworld, Kalt imagined.

"This should be a more than sufficient item to trade." He said. Attempting to avoid a barter with the vendor. The vendor examined the artifact and considered it, before deciding that it was a worthy trade. "Very well."

Although unaware of the exact situation, Kalt was aware of the two interlopers who was interacting with their guide. And was now wondering if they should hurry up and end this transaction so as to proceed further along.

Last edited:

".. And this book, this one right here, holds all the secrets I could ever want to know about the Sith'ari?" A rather amused voice escaped the young man before a book vendor. Actual books, at that. He kept a calm smile on his face as he nodded once. "Alright. And what exactly is it you want in exchange?"

"A favor. Not now. Later. When the time comes you will know, and you will an-"

"No." It was a callous dismissal. His lips thinned to a frown as he watched the vendor look utterly surprised, especially given the figures earlier enthusiastic desire for the book. Instead, the figure pulled out his own tome, eyes narrowed on the seller. "I'll trade you. The real book for the fake."

"I assure you mine is genui-"

"Don't bother lying to me. This is your only offer. I am Sith, it's only natural I'd be able to spot a fake." The vendor swallowed hard. Debating his options for a few precious seconds before the acolyte let out a sigh and started to put the book away. The vendor immediately reached out, eyes wide. The promise of something truly valuable was blinding.

"No! I- Yes. I will make such a trade."

The smile returned to the figures face as they exchanged books. As soon as he had it in his hands, the acolyte turned away to idly flip through the pages. Was it actually real or not? He wasn't actually sure. What he did know was the tome he traded certainly wasn't real. Out of sight of the vendor he would ignite the book, letting it burn to ash in his hand.

Suffer not the heretic.

Spinning the blue flower around by its stem, Ishani watched the boys debate over what to get. Kalt was going for the magic lantern, while Arc would presumably go for the glowing rod.

Looks kinda like a magic wand to me,” she remarked, idly tucking the flower behind Arc’s ear. Turning to the vendor, she asked, “What does it do? Same with the lantern.

Probably a useless question, given how cryptic the vendor had been so far, but as her grandma would say, you’ll never know if you don’t ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom