Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In the Mouth of Madness

alderaan-1.jpg

Strands of long black hair fell onto the silver sink, a gaunt Velran Kilran stared at his reflection slowly touching his long and pink nose as if he was a child who just developed self-awareness. It had been months since his fleet lost all contact with the Empire. Uncertainty clouded his soldiers who were now marooned on New Alderaan and were dealing with the rambunctious subjects. Rebellions kicked off all over the cities, and Velran found himself in a mini war, in a way it gave Velran purpose as he was now in his element. It also meant that he was no longer shackled to any Imperial doctrine or some bureaucratic nonsense. It was a chance for Velran to be like his ancestor: Grand Moff Rycus Kilran: The architect of the sacking of Coruscant and a conqueror who wasn't beholden to so called rules of war.

And Velran did so, bombing cities, and unleashing stormtroopers to crush the rebellion. It wasn't easy as the whole planet was rising up against him but at the end of the day, Velran had the Star Destroyers. He established himself as the Moff no King of New Alderaan. With the Empire dissolved and no banners to fly, Velran decided to make his own, his troops will rally behind his flag, the flag of the Eggman. Ruling the planet was stressful with many people wanting Velran dead. He isolated himself from the public when not patrolling the Tion Cluster or administering the King's justice onto people who he perceived as a threat. Velran gripped the edges of the sink his now bushy eyebrows crinkling into a frown. "Trust no one," he said. "Mistrust will keep me awake but better that than plunge myself in an eternal sleep."

And Velran had no intention of dying.

"My grasp of sanity remains absolute!" Velran said as he finished shaving his head with his razor. Isn't that right Sabe?"

Velran's eyes shifted to a picture of the young Zeltron giving him a sultry smile. "I've done it Sabe!" Velran said. "I've constructed an Empire that will last a thousand years! And I did it despite limited resources, a rebellious planet, and a mutinous number of disloyal soldiers! A lesser man would've died miserably."

Velran began to laugh uncontrollably, the laughter echoed through the bathroom. "I've became King by Life Day!"

Just then Velran heard knocking on the door and he immediately whipped his head around. "Who's there?!" Velran shouted.

"It's me Jann," The voice replied."

"Jann who?"

"Your loyal Imperial Knight, I've bought the servant."

"Oh," One can never be too cautious it could've been some IG assassin Droid who imitated Jann's voice. Velran crept towards the door opening it. "Hello there!" He said smiling.

Ikris Kresad Ikris Kresad

Last edited:

Outfit: Slave Outfit
Tags: Velran Kilran Velran Kilran

QzrQlMV6-Green20star20wars20divider.png

As Jann entered Velran’s chamber a young woman trailed behind. She was hardly dressed and though she had been recently purchased by Velran, the outfit was her choice. Ikris had basically grown up as a slave. When she started to blossom into an attractive young woman Gula the Hutt Gula the Hutt sent her to learn the ways of entertainment under Mione Menall Mione Menall his best trainer. While Ikris’ Force abilities gave her leave from basic entertainment assignments from time to time, the metal bikini with split skirt and even the collar with chain attached was more comforting than what the normal being would wear in the galaxy.

The chain was in Jann’s hand, but Ikris entered her new Master’s chamber of her own volition. She was a good slave. She did what she was told and didn’t complain. That had all been under Gula and Mione’s watching eyes. Gula was a harsh overlord, with Mione the nurturing mother-figure. This combination made for some very good slaves and Ikris was above and beyond that. Her Force skills added to her ideal submissive nature suggested that the price that Velran paid was quite high.

When pleasantly greeted by Velran, Ikris knelt in front of him with her eyes lowered to the ground. ”Greetings Master,” she said in a cold monotone. ”What is it that your humble servant can do for you?”

large-room-with-large-dome-large-silver-ball-hanging-from-ceiling_900370-13326.jpg

Jann released a scantily clad young woman into Velran's palace bedroom. She didn't look frightened but rather submissive and obedient, she knelt before Velran saying that she was willing to do anything for him. Velran always liked it when person under his command knows their place and does what they are told but there was one little problem......

"She's no slave Jann!" Velran said. "I don't remember buying one!"

Jann's expression contorted into confusion. "But Moff Kilran," he said his cocky tone of voice becoming uneven. "You mentioned about needing someone replace Knight Abner."

"Sabe is right here!" Velran pointed to the picture of Sabe yet again. "And she's jealous now that some bikini cladded woman has invaded her presence! She feels insecure! Right Sabe!"

"Oh Velle!" Velran imitated his once right hand woman: Sabe Abner. "You're sooo handsome and kewl! This woman is an assassin trying to kill you! Jann is trying to take over your rule!"

"I have no intention of doing any of that!" Jann said bewildered at the accusation. "Grand Moff Kilran, I've been loyal to you from the very beginning! I've lead the razing of New Alderaan City to help you maintain order when the Empire crumbled.

Jann took a long pause knowing that Velran was still mourning Sabe's death. "Knight Abner has been killed by insurrectionists who planted explosive mines when we made our beach assault on their main base, Knight Abner along with her entire AT-AT unit had perished."

"NOOOOO!!!!!!" Velran pushed Ikris away and began playfully slapping a confused Jann's cheeks. "Sabe survived and she is very angry that you insist that she's dead!"

"I'm still alive with my Velle Jann!" Velran once again spoke in Sabe's voice. "You're just mad that you can't have me because as kewl and amazing as Velle!"

"You see?!" Velran growled. "This slave that I totally did NOT buy, is not my replacement for Sabe!"

He turned around and grabbed Ikris by the hair. "She is going to help me gain unimaginable power for our first galactic conquest!" Velran said.

"So you bought her?"

"NO!" Velran screamed yanking Ikris' hair back. "I have..... chosen her okay? She is a Force bloodhound! Since you know the artifact is imbued with the Force!"

Jann frowned. "Then why don't send us rather than buying her?"

"Because!" Velran said gripping Ikris' hair. "She is not a replacement for Sabe! Because she's definitely alive okay?!"

He turned to Ikris. "Who are you?!" Velran growled.

Ikris watched without paying it much attention. Both her new Master and the knight were above her station. She was quite surprised when the Master claimed not to have purchased a slave. Ikris knew for sure that someone had paid, and likely paid a lot for her services. Gula would not have let her go for anything less. Ikris was a good entertainer and her ability to find valuable items made her one of the Hutt’s favorites.

The shock was even greater when she heard Jann state that she was supposed to replace a knight. The woman knew that she was talented in the Force, but she was too old to start training now. And she had no knowledge of the Force. She only heard the calling of objects that held a strong connection to the Force. There was no way that this man would consider her a viable replacement for a knight. Then the “Moff” started talking to and for a picture that was on the wall. Ikris wondered about Velran’s mental state to be honest. But a slave’s place was not to question her Master.

Hard training made it easy for Ikris to keep a straight face while Velran voiced the responses of “Sabe”, but it was so outlandish that she was laughing on the inside. As she looked closer at the picture that was supposed to be talking she gave a smile. Ikris could see why she might be a replacement for Sabe. A beautiful young Zeltron. She fell back a bit when Velran pushed her away, but natural dexterity and connection to the Force would have prevented her from falling to the ground even if Velran had not grabbed hold of her hair. The pain coursed through her entire head, but Ikris was strong. She bit into her lower lip silently cursing as she knew it would smear her lipstick. There was a bit of relief and a slight smirk on her face as Jann got slapped, but that quickly vanished.

While Velran still denied having purchased Ikris, he stated that she would help him in a conquest. That was a lot for Ikris to hear. She wasn’t used to being counted on for much. Gula didn’t really put missions on her. She was there to dance, serve drinks and food, and entertain and occasionally he took her on trips not telling her why. When they arrived Ikris would feel a tingle and lead Gula to whatever it was he was looking for. He never told her it was her job. He just let her loose and followed.

Ikris was shocked once again when Velran stated that he did not buy her, he chose her. Those two things were not mutually exclusive, but still felt good to not be referred to as mere property. Though it was hard to tell that he thought better of her as he pulled harder on her hair. The fact that it was her Force abilities that made Velran choose her and not the way she looked in this outfit was even more shocking. But she didn’t think that would prevent him from enjoying her from time to time.

”I’m Ikris,” the woman responded, almost crying at the hold that Velran had on her hair. ”You’re Force Bloodhound,” she used the same words the Moff had. ”I could be more if you want,” Ikris stated standing up and running her fingers along Velran’s arm.

Velran raised an eyebrow when Ikris began to slowly brush her long fingers across his arm. It was a strange gesture for a woman who was grabbed the hair but the fact that she said he could mold her into anything he wanted was curious. "So, you'll do anything I'll say?" Velran said stroking his thick moustache.

"Moff Kilran if you want," Jann said trying to speak. "We can return the slave and have us-"

"No," Velran replied in an icy tone. "Ikris is going to be my Force Detector! She's specializes in their little tingling feeling thing! Besides, the ISB could use someone like her."

He looked at Ikris, his crazed eyes going up and down. "What do you want to be Ikiris?" Velran whispered.

Velran’s response to Ikris’ touch was not what she was used to. Perhaps it was her not letting the hair-pulling be a distraction. She had served under Gula for far too long to let some physical pain get in the way of doing what needed to be done. Letting that happen would only invite more pain. It didn’t take too many punishments to realize you just needed to power through. Also, pulling hair was something that many of those she was told to entertain. Ikris wasn’t sure if Velran wasn’t just starting foreplay.

”I won’t kill myself,” Ikris informed matter of factly. ”I am a slave Master. If you wish , it will be done to the best of my abilities.”

As Ikris finished the knight spoke up again. Suggesting that she could be returned. That would be very bad. Gula would consider it a failure and Ikris would be punished. She didn’t know what sort of life Velran was offering her. She didn’t expect much, so it had to be better than going back to Gula at this point. It was a great relief to Ikris when Velran stated she would not be returned.

”I don’t understand Master. I am a slave. What I want does not matter. What matters is what you want.”

"Hey!" Velran gave Ikiris a light tug the moment she said she cannot self-terminate. "We don't use that word in my fleet! That's one of 1,500 banned phrases on my list."

"I thought it was 500?" Jann asked.

"Well I increased the amount of words that you cannot say in front of me Jann!" Velran retorted.

"When?"

"Just now....."

Jann shook his head while Velran nodded at Ikiris. "I like you," he whispered. "I like you a lot, you're just as obdient as a Droid but you're more..... pleasant to look at."

"Oh Velle! How can you prefer her over me!"

"Sabe! You're always beautiful!" Velran turned to the picture of Sabe. "I mean Ikiris has the look of a fashion model but she's drab compared to you darling!"

"Her presence makes me mad! There's only room for one pretty girl in this galaxy!"

"Sabe!" Velran said. "Don't be mad! Ikris is not going to replace you! I never bought her!"

"Yes you did," Jann interjected.

"I did not and the next time you say I did, I'm confiscating your retinas!" Velran growled.

Jann gulped while Velran pointed at Ikiris. "You're coming with me," he said. "We're heading to the planet Voss! You're talents are.... useful for picking an artifact!"

”I am sorry Master. Which word is it that we don’t use?” Ikris’ head moved backwards with the tug, but she knew better than to voice her displeasure with the continued pulling of her hair. If it was for the purpose of her Master having fun, that would be one thing. He seemed quite irritated however and stating that he was hurting her would not help anything.

Hearing that there was a list of words and phrases that could not be uttered was not a big deal to the woman. Slaves didn’t have freedom of speech. This list would just be a new one to be learned to make sure that her Master was happy with her. Ikris was a little concerned that the list had seemingly tripled for no good reason. Ikris looked at Jann who seemed more frustrated than Ikris had ever seen in a being.

Ikris smiled as Jann whispered to her. She looked him over a bit. If her only role was for that of pleasure she would have greatly preferred Jann as her Master. But he didn’t seem to have much power, so despite Velran’s questionable sanity and less impressive looks Ikris would keep her opinion to herself. ”I have a feeling that looking is all you will be doing,” Ikris whispered back. ”But that is all up to the Master.”

Ikris bit her tongue during the ensuing argument between Velran and his voicing of the woman in the picture. Based on the picture Sabe would likely win any beauty contest between the two of them. But if Jann was correct and she was dead that didn’t seem to matter in the long run. The bickering over whether or not she was purchased meant nothing to Ikris. If the Master didn’t want to believe he’d made the purchase that was fine with her. But she knew what it would take for Gula to release her and however that came to be she belonged to Velran now.

”I will go wherever you need me, Master,” Ikris said, giving a nod and lowering her shoulders in a small bow. ”Whatever you desire on Voss I will find for you.”

"Lots of words!" Velran growled at Ikris. "But I have yet to make them into law! Right now I'm in the process of making my employees walk on the 1000 steps to pay ohmage to a statue built to me for my birthday!"

Jann sighed. "Yes Moff, our people working as fast as possible!"

"WORK FASTER!" Velran said slamming his palm against Jann's forehead before turning his attention to Ikiris. "Yes, you do as you're told!" Velran growled. "If you don't, you'll get the boot!"

Velran ran towards his bed and grabbed a large black boot which smelt like rancid Onion and threw it at Ikiris' bare feet. "This boot exactly!" Velran said gleefully. "It's smelly and you have to wear it for the rest of your life!"

He smirked. "Jann have my ship warmed and ready! And be sure to have the Eggwalker on board!"

Jann frowned. "Are you sure Moff?" He asked. "The Eggwalker hasn't gone through enough testing and-"

Velran turned around. "Are you questioning my orders?" He whispered. "Are you trying to decieve me? Are you trying to Ikris as a honeypot to kill me?!"

"NO!" Jann said flustered. "I would NEVER do that sir!" He pointed at Ikris. "You! Slave!" He said. "Tell him why you're here!"

Ikris was troubled by the fact that there seemed to be a lot of unwritten rules. And even more by the fact that her new Master could not or would not give her the full scope of said rules. Ikris was very good at following rules. She enjoyed pleasing her Master nearly as much as she disliked punishments. So being left in the dark was quite uncomfortable. Of course the part of her that wished not to stir things up also kept these troubling thoughts internal, meaning she would discover the unsayable words in good time, but trial and error.

There was talk of a statue for Velran. That made sense to Ikris and cemented the fact that, while the Moff/King denied purchasing her, he was in fact her Master. The knight Jann might end up being some sort of middle man, but Velran’s orders were those that needed to be followed. And it seemed that Velran already had a method of punishment. A boot? Ikris could smell the foul stink from where it landed at her feet. Her face didn’t show a bit of the discomfort that was within her. But she was convinced to follow orders to avoid the boot at all cost.

Ikris was about to confirm her ability to do as told when another argument started about an Eggwalker. Jann didn’t seem to think the use of the Eggwalker was a good idea, but Velran was insistent. Ikris sighed heavily as the two bickered only to have her jaw drop in surprise when Jann was accused of using her to kill Velran.

”Master. I am here to serve your needs. To be your Force Bloodhound. That’s what you called me, remember? I do not blame you for being cautious, Master. People are always trying to take. Not me. I am a slave. I do what you ask of me.”

Velran frowned at Jann who was profusely sweating, he didn't trust him he didn't trust anyone for that matter. Velran learned that quickly since he became ruler of his personal Kingdom. There will always be haters who will be jealous of his genius even the so called most loyal Imperial Knights and even this lovely, lithe lass that is covered in cloth and chains. "This is reality!" Velran said not paying attention to Ikris' reassurance. "This is reality! I am in control and you do as I say Jann!"

"Of course, sir!" Jann said giving a look at Ikris before exiting Velran's room.

"And you do as I say Ikiris!" Velran growled grabbing her chain and yanking it tightly forcing Ikiris to get on her knees. "We live in a Galaxy where everyone is trying to kill me! Trying to take everything that I've built! I've conquered many planets but for the first time in my life......."

Velran loosened the grip on her chain, his sunken eyes looking lost. "I feel lost and bereft of purpose," He continued quietly. "I thought the moment the Empire crumbled I could be free to do whatever I wanted. That to be a King would mean unlimited power and glory beyond my wildest imagination."

He crouched in front of Ikiris slowly looking upwards to the glass ceiling that displayed the light blue sky. "Yet all I've received were rebellions from the people of New Alderaan to even my own men, countless assassination attempts on my life and new friends..... voices in my head telling me that this is not reality. But how they say that when I'm here talking to the likes of you?"

"She clearly is trying to take you away from me Velle! Kill her!"

"I should......" Velran said to the portrait of Sabe. "But not yet...... She needs to retrieve an item from Voss that I need for my grand plan against my enemies but when my task done."

Velran's thin lips slowly curled to a Chesire grin at Ikiris. "I will shoot you, I don't trust you Ikiris. I don't believe a damn word of what you say."

Ikris watched the exchange between Jann and Velran with intent. It was good to know what her new Master was capable of and how he treated his servants. Though Jann didn’t seem to be a slave he was still obviously a subordinate of the Moff. That seemed a little strange to Ikris, as Velran seemed to be a little extreme. Then again, Gula had been extreme and Mione calm and collected, yet the woman was his slave and had been for quite some time. Was it Ikris’ lot to be stuck with crazed Masters?

Velran yelled out his demands of Jann as if he was trying to convince himself as well. That was not a good sign to Ikris, Gula was always making odd demands of his slaves, but he always knew that he was in control. So much so that he perhaps went the other way of Velran, assuming more power than he actually had. Velran’s seeming need to tell he was the leader meant there was room for someone to guess that he wasn’t. That would not be Ikris, but someone would step up.

Ikris smirked as Jann acquiesced and left. The being to step up to Velran was obviously not him. Ikris’ joy was short lived and Velran’s grip went from her hair to the chain attached to her neck and a quick pull had her on her knees in front of the Moff/King. ”Of course I do as you say Master,” Ikris repeated, lowering her head and shoulders into a bow. ”Only a fool looking to die themselves would try to kill you Master,” as much as Gula was in control, he needed placating words as well so Ikris was versed in such.

Ikris felt sorry for her Master as he looked at her. She didn’t know if his lack of joy was because of the madness that he was exhibiting or something else, but she wanted to help him to reach his desires. When he lowered himself to her level she reached out a hand and placed it on his shoulder. ”The weak always fear the strong when they feel they are not worthy to serve. I am your servant Master. You need not fear me as I need not fear you. You will use my gifts to reach your destiny.”

As Velran took on the persona of the woman in the picture, calling for the Moff to kill Ikris, there was a bit of panic in Ikris’ eyes. She could deal with a demanding Master, but insanity by its very nature was erratic. Ikris didn’t have to do anything to bring on violence. Velran just had to think it. That was dangerous for a slave.

”If you must shoot me to reach your destiny, so be it,” Ikris responded with her head down. ”But until you have that item you need I will serve you to the best of my abilities.” There were no words that were going to save Ikris. Only the whims of Velran would decide her fate. All she could hope is that given an opportunity she will prove to be a good slave and with value. And if that is the case she could hope to live.

"Yes....." Velran said when Ikris placed her hand on his shoulder. "Fear that's what I like fear and power!" He briefly saw the panicked look in Ikris' eyes when he said that he was going to kill her. Velran knew how to spot a bullchitter you can talk all you want but at the end of the day, the eyes expose your true thoughts. They were like reflections of your conscience, you can lie to yourself, but at the end of the day your eyes are an easy giveaway.

The question is if Ikris was scared that Velran was on to her or was she truly frightened. Perhaps he can put it to the test. "Come on Sabe!" Velran running to the picture frame and grabbing it. "We have a lot of work to do!"

"Oh yes we need that Force Crystal to create the ultimate weapons!" Velran said in Sabe's voice. He chuckled at the response before staring at Ikiris. "FOLLOW ME!" Velran said. "WE SHALL SET FORTH TO VOSS!"

The Master seemed to accept Ikris’ statement of servitude. Though she wanted to sigh in relief, she managed to hold that in. If she hadn’t, Velran could have decided that to mean she was trying to deceive him and the sigh was because she had gotten away with something. With his paranoia seeming to run high, Ikris decided it was best to remain as stoic on the outside as possible.

For now it seemed that they were beyond the idea that Ikris was going to kill Velran. Hopefully that also meant that the Master would see the value of the servant and keep her alive as well. But if not a slave was prepared to die when they had outlived their usefulness and Ikris would accept that fate when it came.

Again the Moff played to the picture of his supposedly dead lieutenant. Ikris had seen nothing to suggest that Sabe was still alive except the ravings of Velran, who also was talking for the picture. Velran retrieved the picture and spoke for it again. Ikris held her tongue and merely hoped that that part of the Master’s brain didn’t call for her death again. The mention of a Force crystal was a relief. Ikris’ skills did not extend far beyond what a slave would do in Gula’s bars or pleasure pits. But she knew that she felt the humming of things that contained a link to the Force. Ikris hadn’t realized just how much potential was inside her. Mostly because that did not matter. She was no Jedi or Sith. She was a slave. Force or no Force.

At being bid to follow, Ikris stood from her kneeling position. ”Of course Master. Lead the way.”

Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-2014-10-12-23-31-50-395.jpg

Velran grabbed the picture of Sabe and began to walk towards the hangar that was located near the mountains. He saw that his mech was being transported to the cargo area of the Lambda-class T-4a shuttle by Imperial Officers. Jann oversaw the process his hands clasped behind his back a worried look etched on his face. "Have you ever been to Voss?" Velran asked Ikris. "It's a horrible filled with horrific jungles..... and Gormaks."

He engaged in a few skirmishes with Gormak pirates, they were easy to taken care of given they had the tactics of a drunken pilot. But Velran had to spend a lot of his downtime taking care of Gormaks who in one skirmish damaged one of his Star Destroyers. Velran thought he had the tactical advantage but those scaly bastards landed a luck Ion missile onto his Star Destroyer which nearly crashed on the nearby moon. If it weren't for the backup power, the Star Destroyer would've been torn to pieces.

"Sir," Jann said. "I still think the that the Egg Walker still needs more field testing.

"Well that's also the reason why we're going there!" Velran said cheerfully. "Cheer up! We have a scantily clad Force Bloodhound to sniff out the artifact!"

"I do not agree with that assessment sir," Jann said. "Especially with lady Ikris being vulnerable."

"Leave her to me!" Velran said slapping Jann in the back. "Sabe will watch over her as well! Right Sabe!"

"Velle! Ikiris is looking at me funny!"

Velran shot Ikiris a dirty look. "Oh don't worry," Velran said. "She'll be fine! If she shows any signs of deceiving me, she'll be shot! Simple!"

Jann sighed. "All right sir," He said. "Just be careful."

Velran nodded as he climbed up the ramp. "LET US GO IKIRIS!" He shouted. "TO VOSS!"

Ikris followed her Master to the shuttle bay. It was true that she had been used in the capacity to find special objects by Gula, but it wasn’t like she was a galactic traveler. For that matter Gula didn’t always even tell her where they ended up. ”I do not think that I have experienced Voss before. Slaves aren’t always told where they are. What is a Gormak?” she questioned.

Jann again managed to question the Master’s desires. Though Ikris was quite sure that Jann may in fact be right, the Master gets what he wants. And if Master says that the walker was ready why couldn’t Jann just accept that. Though Jann was not a slave. Perhaps he was supposed to question Velran some, but based on the Master’s reaction Ikris thought he went a bit beyond what was expected. Or Velran had just gotten harder to work with.

Ikris blushed as the Master mentioned her attire. She hardly thought of it as scant. The outfit was just what she wore when she was in the Master’s home base. She did hope that when they were out on their mission that she would be provided something more appropriate to the environment, but if she was not she would gladly do her job in the attire she was currently wearing. The discussion of her attire didn’t fill Ikris with confidence that there would be a change. She would just have to make do.

When “Sabe” voiced her concern that Ikris was looking at her funny Ikris did her best not to roll her eyes. ”I am ready to go Master.”

"Gormaks are horrible people," Velran growled remembering all of the skirmishes he had with them. "Ugly creatures that you should always fear and loathe Ikiris, if there's any creature in the Galaxy that should make frightened, it's those scaley frackers!"

He wasn't aware that his words could cause Ikiris to actually be afraid of Gormaks, Velran was too consumed by his overwhelming hate of the Gormaks considering that many of his ships were out of commission due to their constant ambushes. "I'll be off then," Velran said to Jann who turned his attention to Ikiris. "I just hope she comes back safe and sound," Jann said worried.

"ARE YOU QUESTIONING ME?!?!?!" Velran roared at Jann. "I HAVE HAD ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOUR DOUBTS JANN!"

"No sir!" Jann said. "I'm just worried for Ikiris' safety.

Velran grabbed Ikiris' chain pulling her close to him. "She'll be A-okay!" Velran said. "In fact once I'm done with Ikiris, I'm going to kill her!"

"YOU'LL WHAT!?"

"See you!" Velran pushed Ikiris up the ramp as he ran past her towards the cockpit. "Let us set coordinates to VOSS!" Velran shouted to Ikiris. "This is exciting is it not?"

The statement of what Gormaks were did not fill Ikris with much comfort. She was not combat ready in the least. Ikris did a good job of burying her fears when in the presence of her Master. Fear was weakness that could be used as punishment, or could be something that would make a slave undesirable. What good is a Force Bloodhound who quivers at the suggestion of danger.

Luckily Ikris seemed to have been successful in hiding her fear from Velran, or her Master just didn’t care to notice her reaction to his words. It was more likely the latter. Velran didn’t seem like the type of Master that would alter his plans due to his slave’s concerns. Jann’s statement caused the hairs on the back of Ikris’ neck to stand, but she tried to maintain her steely exterior. Velran’s loud, if not quite violent response to the statement gave Ikris a bit of confidence. Still perhaps it was not as dangerous as she feared.

Jann’s statement of his concern for her welfare had Ikris blushing just a little. She hoped she was able to cover it up well enough not to be noticed, but who knew what these men noticed anymore. ”I’m sure I will be alright Jann. The Master will want his Force Bloodhound returned in full function.”

It was the second time that Velran had suggested that Ikris was destined to be killed at his hands. Ikris didn’t give it much thought. If she ceased to be useful to her Master, death was the honorable thing to do. When Velran was done with Ikris would not be until she proved useful. Jann seemed to be a little more concerned about the possibility and that made Ikris blush a little more. But she couldn’t voice her appreciation or even offer the knight a smile as she was tugged onward by the chain attached to her neck.

”It is indeed very exciting Master,” Ikris responded as she hoped they would settle in someplace secure for the trip. She wasn’t quite fond of space travel even though she knew it was quite safe. ”Seeing a Master’s needs filled is a slave’s reason for being. You can count on me Master.”

Velran immediately took off leaving the dismal planet of New Alderaan and headed straight for the atmosphere. "Just so you know," Velran said to Ikiris while he took began to make the preparations for lightspeed. "I'm not looking forward to go this chithole of a planet. Voss has always been a planet that refuses to be tamed. The Confederates, the Empire they all tried to mold it into a civilized society and the spat in their faces."

As soon as they were in space, Velran began typing on the ship's navicomputer placing Sabe's picture in front of him. "The thing about evolution," Velran said. "Is that those who adapt to their environment get to survive and pass on to the next generation. Our scaly friends refuse to do so which was why the Gormak are just..... primitive."

Velran shuddered as he punched it sending the ship into Hyperspace. Such people who refuse to evolve deserves to die out. "It's why the Empire died," Velran said with a twinge of sadness in his voice. "Those in charge became..... complacent, stagnant. I warned them if they don't get their heads out of their rear ends, they'll decay like a starship that has not been repaired."

"Evolution is what drives this Galaxy Ikiris," Velran said. "You must always strive for improvement it's not enough to passively adapt. You must take that lemon and SQUEEZE that sucker until it's Lemonade!"

The statement that Velran didn’t care for Voss was not surprising given how he described the Gormak, which seemed to be one of the primary residents of the planet. Hearing her Master admit that there was a planet that he couldn’t put under his thumb was a bit more surprising. But Ikris took that as a sign that there was reason in Velran, even though he talked to the picture of what Ikris was led to believe was a dead former colleague.

”Wouldn’t be surprised if the Gormak said the same thing about humans,” Ikris offered before closing her mouth and wondering if she should be quiet and hope he would just move on or expand upon the statement. ”Slaves of all species don’t evolve. They just survive. If I am lucky enough to have offspring during my life I will not pass anything to them but servitude and perhaps my gift with the Force. Does that make me primitive?”

Velran preached on about evolution. Ikris tipped her head to the side. ”So you wish me to become more than a slave? More than a tool for your desires? You wish me to push my skills and become a Jedi or a Sith? That is not what I aspire to. But if that is your wish I will obey.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom