Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In The End

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
Objective: Wake up
Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Valery Noble Valery Noble

24 hours had passed after Tython, almost an eternity for Silas laying in the bed. Ever since he was transported back from the battlefield the padawan had been sleeping, catching up on lost energy and wounds that the sith lord has bestowed on him. Before the treatment, he was in a very bad way. With a broken nose, multiple broken ribs, punctured lung, scorch marks, and lightsaber wounds littering his body it was safe to say he had fought for his life that day. Thankfully, once the medical team began patching him up they were able to get him stable soon enough.

"It's time to wake this young man up don't you think?" the doctor said to his assistant, who was carrying a datapad to write down any notes for when he was finally awoken. Throughout the hours Silas had been waking up and passing out again, all because his body was shutting his body down to get more sleep out of all. The doctor was sure he had enough time to rest and lightly shook him on the shoulder "Silas, do you hear me?" he said softly. Slowly, the padawan's eyes fluttered. The brightness of the room forced them to readjust as he opened them halfway up to the doc.

"W-who... who are you" was the first thing he croaked that came to mind while his tired face studied the doc above him "My name is Doctor Hayfield, and you my friend are one lucky kid," he said back to him as he pulled out a medical flashlight and shined it into his light blue eyes. Silas squinted his eyes squinted instantly in response and sulked, thoughts elsewhere reminding him of his failure.

"How lucky exactly..." the boy's hoarse voice said to him. The doctor was hesitant in telling him at first, but after all he went through Silas deserved to know "Upon breaking multiple bones in your ribcage, fragments of those punctured into your lungs. Many were lodged deep, and if you were out there any longer your body wouldn't have been able to generate enough air to keep it functional. Someone must have been watching over you..."

"Thank you, mom and dad..."

"However, I am pleased to say you'll make a full recovery. All you need is some rest before we can discharge you and make sure not to move too much, those ribs of yours will be quite delicate and sore."
He said to him, patting Silas lightly on the shoulder as he backed away from the bed and discussed a few things with his assistant. After a minute or so he smiled at the boy and took his leave. Sighing to himself he frowned and glared at the white wall, bored and lonely in his room.

Did the Nobles get out fine? was Tython saved? a multitude of worry and unanswered questions swam around his head. There was only one problem, he dreaded finding out the answers.

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Necklace:
Link
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

"I think he'll be happy to see us. Being stuck in a hospital bed gets lonely and boring,"

Valery said as she pushed Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble forward in his wheelchair while Vera was walking beside her. He had gotten hurt on Tython mostly after he jumped into the pit with Kyrel to keep her from going down with him. He really was her hero at that moment, but her protective side wanted to slap him over the head for doing something like that.

If he wasn't injured, she might have, but his legs especially needed a bit of time to recover. Eventually, though, he would make a full recovery, outside of the pair of new scars he had on his face.

And at the end of the day, she also knew why he did it, and the fact he was always willing to go that far to protect her was very heart-warming. It made pushing him around just a little more bearable. At least to her mind... physically it was demanding, especially with Vera also being very needy.
"Mommy... I'm tiiired of walking..." she whined and with a long sigh, Valery crouched down and lifted the girl up in a single arm, which instantly made Vera happy. Being carried by mom or dad was just the best thing to her.

"When you're out of that wheelchair, you owe me a massage," Valery joked as she pushed him up to the door of Silas' room with one hand, while Vera was cradled into her other arm.

The door was pushed open and with a smile that perfectly hid her exhaustion, Valery greeted the Padawan in his bed,
"Hello Silas, I hope we're not here at an inconvenient time?" she asked as she looked over in his direction, "Just wanted to check up on you."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Ahh.. You know she could sit with me, right?" A rather heavily bandaged and bruised looking Kahlil resided in the chair Valery pushed around. For the moment, he only had one arm. The other had been removed after he shattered the cybernetics. He'd get a replacement, after the rest of his wounds treated. The broken ribs. Arms, legs. Honestly, there wasn't much he didn't break in his free fall to the planets very core.

Even talking hurt.

But Valery was hurt, too. He frowned up at her as she carried Vera, but let out a sigh in premeditated defeat. This was a fight he couldn't win. "Alright alright. I'll be sure to give you massages every night from then on, yeah?"

He flashed a smile, though his attention turned to the Padawan as they entered his room. He looked the boy over for a moment. Yeah, both of them looked like they went through hell, huh. "How'r you feelin', Silas?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Not a few minutes later, those concerns were soon erased from the sight of their smiling faces. Silas's expression lit up when he saw the Nobles walk into the room. He did his best to offer them his smile, but even that was hard to do right now "Master Valery! Master Noble! N-no, not at all. I'm happy you are all safe..." he said with a momentary frown, unsure of how he'd be if they were gone. His eyes rested on Valery Noble Valery Noble and Vera with a welcoming expression and motioned to a bowl of sweets on the table next to his bedside.

"Feel free to have one, whatever's mine is yours," he said with a cough that made him wince slightly. The sweets were put there to help him get some energy back as well as cheer him up when he needed it. Raising his upper body from the bedsheets he scrunched his face from the pain and leaned up against the pillow. All he wanted was to be comfy and relaxed right now while he spoke to those he considered close friends.

"I'm feeling better Master, a punctured lung won't give me any more problems that's for sure," he said while curiously examining him in his wheelchair. Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble looked beat up, a sign that he had gone through the same hell as he did. His legs looked like they had taken the brunt of it, but what from?

"What happened to you?" the boy asked when he looked at the scars on his face. Instinctively, the padawan reached up to his own and felt it with the tip of his fingers. Right now he didn't know what to think of it, but if Kahlil looked comfortable with them then why shouldn't he?

Necklace:
Link

It was a good thing he decided not to argue with her about that — she wasn't going to have any of it after what happened. While carrying Vera in one arm and pushing him around at the same time was taxing, she wasn't going to put the rather energetic girl down in his lap with all his injuries. He needed time to recover, and she was going to make sure he took that time.

"Alright alright. I'll be sure to give you massages every night from then on, yeah?"

"Oh yeah? I'll hold you to that," she said with a little smirk of sweet victory.

But much like him, her attention shifted to Silas, as they entered the room, and it seemed they at least walked in at a convenient time. Valery then set Vera down, and at the offer for some sweets, she looked up at her mother with pleading eyes,
"Go ahead but take only one," she said, "Yay!" Vera sprinted through the room and picked her favorite while Valery rolled Kahlil over closer to the bed.

"Are you comfortable?" She asked but without waiting for the answer, she walked over to the side of his bed and helped him adjust his pillows and sitting position until he felt he was comfortable.

"I'm feeling better Master, a punctured lung won't give me any more problems that's for sure,"

"No, but you are going to take the rest you need," she said, and again, there was no arguing she'd accept here. They all looked like hell, and she'd tie them to their beds if that's what it took to get them to rest and recover. The woman's eyes then turned to Kahlil after Silas asked him about what happened — she wasn't going to answer that question for him.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Fight with a Ren ended up off a cliff. I don't recommend it." He chuckled softly, though didn't laugh for long. He took a nervous glance towards Valery before clearing his throat. Right, not something to joke about while she was here, at least. Kahlil straightened in his wheelchair, shifting what remained of his arm as he looked Silas over instead. "What about you? What happened to you?"

"Oh, thank you," he said to Valery Noble Valery Noble in thanks, no matter the situation she always managed to make him comfortable. It was just in her nature to do so. She also was fairly stern too, especially with his recovery. Silas had no thoughts of challenging her words and facing the death stare she was infamous for, not many could withstand such a thing.

Setting his gaze on Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble he was half expecting some kind of cover up, but instead, he told him the whole scoop. Silas couldn't help but chuckle, only stopping when he noticed Master Kahlil glancing at Valery nervously. Choosing not to test fate, he wiped that smile from his face as if it never appeared. It was only wise not to share the same fate as his master.

"Well... I may or not have come face to face with a Sith, a powerful one by that fact. He wore a helmet and spoke with vicious confidence. The only reason I was able to survive and do so well was by using the ruins to my advantage, as well as possibly being spared" he said with a lowering of his head, shamed that he had tried so hard and got so far. But in the end, it didn't seem to matter.

"I failed you both, I'm sorry..."

Necklace:
Link

Valery glanced down at Kahlil when he talked about going off a cliff, and that on its own didn't really bother her. But when he chuckled about it, she narrowed her eyes just slightly — she really shouldn't be mad or give him a hard time, but she had been so incredibly worried when he made that jump down the pit for her. Kahlil knew that her reaction came from a good place, though, so she actually smirked a bit herself.

Not just because of what he said, but also because they both quickly wiped their smiles from their faces.

"Failed us?" Valery blinked and looked at Silas for a moment, then to Kahlil. "Oh no, you haven't failed us at all. There's no shame in defeat or failure. You're young and still learning a lot about being a Jedi — this is just part of your journey." she explained with a soft smile, "You only fail yourself if you don't reflect on this fight and learn from it. But you haven't failed us, and you're still breathing too, which is all I care about right now."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Valery said it better than Kahlil could. Though, the Jedi Master didn't have much of a smile on his face like she did. Annoyance. Not the bitter kind, but he reached up, patting Silas on the head with his only hand. Ruffling his hair messily. "I don't think you should be fighting to begin with. You're still a child, no matter how skilled with a Lightsaber or how connected with the Force. But you'll fight anyway. Just like us. It's what makes us Jedi. But beating yourself up over surviving a fight against a Sith. Stop that. You did good, kid, getting home. That's all that matters."

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Slowly, his head would look back up to the both of them and smile at their encouraging words. All they cared about was the fact he was alive and well, not that he had failed "T-thank you both. Maybe I was too focused on making you guys proud" he said shyly to both masters, a yelp escaping from his lips when he shuffled too fast.

Silas grimaced from the pain and looked down at Vera who was still enjoying her sweet. That's when he remembered something. Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble mentioned Vera having a dream of him falling. He blinked at her expressionlessly for a few moments before his left hand reached over and grabbed two sweets for himself, keeping them in his hand for now while he thought something over. He finally looked back to Kahlil and motioned his eyes towards Vera, hoping he'd understand what he was indicating too just in case Valery Noble Valery Noble didn't want to hear another word of the subject again.

At the same time, he'd secretly put a sweet in his left hand and leave it hanging off the bed, just out of view from the eagle eyed Noble. Carefully, the sweet would hover up slightly and begin making its way over to little Vera at a low altitude.

"You guys are right, a loss can only help me improve in my training. Experience is something I've needed after all..." he said to them, his weary eyes looking snapping to Valery now and then just in case she was getting suspicious.

Necklace:
Link

"Just... know that you don't have to push yourself too far to make us proud," Valery said with slight worry in her tone. Wanting to make people you care about proud was something Valery could understand — it was a very natural thing for people. But she didn't want him to put himself in grave danger because of it. She wanted him to be alive and well-prepared for the situations he got himself into more than anything.

"But you've done well, Silas," she added while she glanced at him. Valery had definitely noticed his attempt at giving Vera more sweets, but given the circumstances, she wasn't going to say anything about it. The little girl just grabbed it and quickly put it in her mouth before she grinned a silent thank you to Silas.

"Mommy, can I give it to him now?" Vera then asked, and Valery nodded, "Of course, sweetie," she said and without any hesitation, Vera removed her little backpack and shoved her arm inside, past her teddy bear, to grab a drawing she made him. "For you!" she giggled and showed it off — it had a large house, a big forest, and the Noble family. But Silas was with them too, and they were all smiling. "This is you visiting home! We're gonna play, and go to the forest and daddy will make pancakes!"

Valery blinked and glanced at Kahlil for a moment, but she said nothing about it. Was this drawing representing another vision?
"Well you heard her, love. You're making pancakes." She smirked and turned her fiery gaze back to Silas.

"You guys are right, a loss can only help me improve in my training. Experience is something I've needed after all..."

"Experience is also something that takes time to get, so don't try and rush it all. Enjoy being young and a kid as well," she said, knowing damn well that she wasn't like that when she was younger either. But some things you just pick up when you're older. "Right now though... focus on rest and recovery. There is time to train and learn later."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Ah, right. Kahlil nodded once to Silas, giving a half sort of smile. Valery and him had learned more about Vera's visions. Different visions. He'd forgotten about the one of him falling. Scary accurate, Vera's visions seemed to be. Not that he let that thought linger. Apparently he was making pancakes. He laughed warmly, nodding as he watched Vera. Yeah, that seemed like another vision.

A good one, thankfully.

Though his smile was short lived. His gaze shifted to Silas as he spoke. Before Valery said anything the Jedi lifted his one hand, and gently bopped Silas on the forehead. A frown was the only thing he had to offer now. He said nothing further, instead turning his gaze to Valery. Giving her a small nod.

Can you give me a moment?

"I know, it's just a habit I got from working off the land when I was younger. I just feel guilty whenever I've failed" he said with a frown across his face. It wasn't a bad thing to have, sometimes it just got him into harm or trouble he didn't need. Valery Noble Valery Noble and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble were Jedi who saw past that and saw him as a person, a kid...

"I appreciate that Master," he said with a forced smile to Valery, his eyes still having the same disappointment in his eyes like before. Maybe in the future, he'd learn that he was still learning the ropes, failures had to happen if he wanted to improve.

Shooting a glance back to the floating sweet he saw Vera quickly snatch it and place it into her mouth, offering him a smile of thanks as she enjoyed another treat. Silas formed a momentary grin in the corner of his lips to indicate a "no problem", only turning it to face her when she asked Master Noble to show him a picture "Oh? what have you got me?" he said curiously as he sat up a little bit more in the bed to see what she was getting. Watching her he instantly smiled warmly at the picture she made, his blue eyes snapping to it in deep thought.

At that moment his heart melted and a great sadness fell over him. He stared at it for longer than he should have and sniffed, his eyes watering slightly from the memories of his childhood. But now, he was making new ones with a family that welcomed him into their own with open arms "It's... it's beautiful Vera" he said to the girl, doing well to hide the tears that were building up in his eyes.

When he was about to open his mouth to answer Valery until Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble lightly bopped him on the head. Silas groaned slightly and brought a hand to his head, glaring at him in confusion while he asked for the both of them to be alone "What was that for Master? did I do something wrong?"

Once their talk was over he looked back to Master Noble and nodded slowly with a sorrowful frown "I'll have fun along the way master, I can't keep fighting all the time. Like people say you've got to enjoy the little things in life right?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

A Padawan was not a child soldier.

That was something Kahlil couldn't allow. The moment Valery left Kahlil tore into the boy. Aggressively reminding him of the fear the boy felt in his fight. Of the pain of fighting. The fear of death. Was he truly okay with fighting to the death? Was he truly okay with letting his young life end? No, he wasn't. And when he finally admitted that he wanted to live, Kahlil relented. Smiled, even. Gently patted his head.

"Enjoy the little things, enjoy the big things. It doesn't matter what you enjoy, just live, Silas. You're too young to die for the Order. Don't ever feel like you have to."

Then, through the bond, he asked Valery and Vera to come back in.

As soon as Vera and Valery Noble Valery Noble left the room Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had no hesitation to remind him of who he was. All Silas could do was lower his head the more he spoke. Kahlil reminded him that he was only a boy, one that really shouldn't be out there until he was older and had a better grip on life. Even though he was aggressive through his words, Silas knew he was only looking out for him. He cared for his safety more than anything, and that was something Silas appreciated from the man.

"I do want to live and make the most of my life Master. You're right... I do need to enjoy myself more" he said with sorrow as Kahlil patted him on the head. Wiping a loose tear from his eye Silas finally looked him in the eyes and smiled at him.

Like Valery, he was treating him as one of his own.

Watching the pair come back in he answered Valery's question with what his master said to him. Everyone had to enjoy the little things right? not everyone could keep their foot down...

"And when did you guys find yourself a new home? I don't recall any of you mentioning it until today"

Last edited:

Necklace:
Link

While she wasn't in the room with them, Valery could feel some of the tension, and she knew that the conversation between them was a bit less pleasant, albeit for only a moment. Even separated, her bond with Kahlil would make sure she was more aware of what happened, but it was important that Vera was kept out of this.

When the doors finally opened though, Vera was the first to rush in with a big smile on her face that likely brightened up the mood instantly. She was mostly just happy to be around her family, and she began to consider Silas as part of it too.

"And when did you guys find yourself a new home? I don't recall any of you mentioning it until today"

Valery chuckled and looked at Vera, "We haven't yet, we still live on the Bastion. But we're planning to go looking for one soon enough, and I think Vera is just a bit excited for that. As fun as the freedom of a ship is, staring at the same interior for hours each day can get tiring. We also think it would be good for her to meet some kids her own age, make some friends."

She then looked down at Kahlil, and slowly brought her hand to settle on his shoulder, "First I need him to be up on his feet again, though. It's quite taxing for me, right now." She gently and lovingly squeezed his shoulder. Even if she 'complained', it was mostly to poke fun — she actually loves taking care of her family.

Kahlil_Div2.png

He laughed nervously, glancing to Valery. "I told you I'd be fine on my own. I still have one hand that I can use to wheel me around." The last thing he wanted to be was a burden. Especially to Valery. Even as a joke he couldn't exactly hide his own concern. They'd both gotten hurt in their battle with Kyrel. He'd just been worse off by all appearances. But her wounds weren't all physical.

"We'll be fine."

Then he turned his gaze to Silas. Smiled.

"When we find our place you'll have to come by for sure."

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Valery Noble Valery Noble

"I don't blame her. If I was Vera's age I'd be ecstatic to be living on a new planet. I'm sure she'll love the outdoors more than being confined within the walls of a ship all the time" he said with a smile to the girl, his hand opening slightly to see if she'd give him a high five. He was happy the girl was living a normal childhood even with the obvious difficulties facing them, her parents were doing a great job raising her.

"I'm confident he'll make a full recovery soon. I can sense it's killing him inside with you doing all the work, so I'm certain he'll be back into his normal self in no time" he said with a smile to the masters, his body wincing slightly from trying to move his body into a comfy position again.

Silas was certain both masters would pull through this like they always did. They supported each other like nothing else he had seen, at this point their bond was limitless. In ways, Silas also had them.

"I'd love that Master. And maybe while I'm there I can show Vera a few survival tricks just in case she ever needs them in the future. That all depends on where you choose to settle though. It's an entirely different story if you choose to go back to an urban planet again"

Necklace:
Link

Valery looked down at Kahlil again and chuckled,
"It's not easy with one hand, and you know I don't mind helping you," she said with a loving tone. No, she actually quite enjoyed it — her caring and protective side made it impossible not to be all over her family when they were sick, hurt, or just needed her help. They were never a burden to her.

Her attention then shifted to Silas, and she'd offer him a faint smile at his offer.

"I'd love that Master. And maybe while I'm there I can show Vera a few survival tricks just in case she ever needs them in the future. That all depends on where you choose to settle though. It's an entirely different story if you choose to go back to an urban planet again"

"I think we're going to settle for something a little more peaceful and quiet, away from the core and the war," Valery said. She then nodded in agreement with Kahlil, "But learning survival skills or anything else useful in life... we won't stop you." she chuckled and looked over at Vera, who was just in her own little world at the moment.

"When she's a bit older though."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom