Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In the Captivity of the Nightmare

S H A D O W - L O R D
Rhyssa Edaara Quillan-E’ron
Ace pilot, commando, major, member of the Wraith Squadron (Phantom Group), Force disciple
eMBEJlH.png
Equipment: -
Tag: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex
6akoRGg.png

It was one of those rare exceptional times when Xeth was finally there on Coruscant with Rhys. At the same time, these were occasions when the woman was worried about the Sith Lord, for if his disguise was lost, it could come at a great price. Although, assuming the man had been playing the Jedi for years thanks to a ritual. Infiltrating between them like a Jedi, the woman was probably too worried just. The man could take great care of himself.

Rhys even loved these occasions because if she could sleep in her husband’s arms, she certainly wouldn’t have nightmares. She has been able to experience this for many years. But this day was very different, for the first time today she had no such luck. In the middle of the night, she "woke up" to be completely dark, surrounded by complete blackness. She was only wearing her home clothes, a top and pants, her feet barefoot standing in some water. She was alone.

It was a dream, but quite real. She got used to it because Force visions often blurred with her dreams. She tried to shout, but no sound came out of her throat. She had already learned how to wake herself up when she realizes she was in a dream, but now she didn’t succeed either, she couldn’t wake up. It was something different than usual. She felt a strong fear, but tried to stay calm.

The red-haired woman started in one direction, from where suddenly lights were visible. In a seemingly endless amount of time, she managed to realize she was in some kind of cave. Her heart was pounding in her chest, she could almost feel her throbbing in her throat. She felt everything, the air, the moisture. Everything was too real, Rhys never experienced such a thing before. She finally reached a swampy area where she could see the sun in the distance and the hands protruding from the ground. The whole place made her feel bad.

"Hey?! Is anyone here?!" she shouted.

~ What is this place?! And how did I get here? ~ she was only asking these from herself.

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

bp7f47b.png

In the endless expanse of swamp, a small fire burned bright against the dreary and foreboding landscape. Its flame was tended to by a single lone individual, their features obscured by a thick brown cloak which was draped over their body. In one of his hands, the figure held aloft a small metal staff, about a meter in length, which he used to poke and prod at the logs which fueled the miniature inferno. The fire hissed and crackled every time it was disturbed, but no matter how much the fire protested and barked its displeasure, none of the sparks which drifted close to the figure's face could reveal their identity.
"Still your panic, young one," spoke the figure, the landscape around them shifting so that Rhyssa now stood directly beside the campfire rather than being so far away as she previously was. "Only you and I exist here." He stopped poking the fire, his hooded head inclining to look at her.
All that met her gaze was uncompromising darkness.
"I could sense your unease the moment you were brought here, you are not accustomed to being without control. The Force will not obey your requests in this place, it is too wild and free." He placed the staff he had been poking the fire with down at his side, the silence stretching on with only the crackling of the fire to disrupt it.
"What is your name?"

S H A D O W - L O R D
Ace pilot, commando, major, member of the Wraith Squadron (Phantom Group), Force disciple
eMBEJlH.png
6akoRGg.png

Rhys had been trying to find a way out of the swamp and the circle of hands for now. She wasn’t a scary kind, at most worried about her loved ones, not for herself, but this place, even involuntarily, aroused fear in her. What particularly bothered her was that no one was here except her. There was no one to shout to, no one to break its nose to let her out of here and let her wake up at last. This place was somehow unsettling, even compared to a dream, it was surreal or bad.

She learned something very well, that is, she was always a part of her, she was a woman of infinitely fiery nature, but she never fell over to the Dark side. It was as if she could keep it all in some natural way, so she could stay herself, in a neutral way. Between the Light and Dark sides. Last but not least, she liked to show her emotions, be it anger, joy, or sorrow. It was she, so she was loved by her friends and the adopted family because the real one no longer lived. That is, she had no idea how many relatives actually lived.

The next moment, the swamp full of arms changed without any transition, and she found herself next to a stuffy, hooded figure, by a campfire. Instinctively, she took a few steps militarily. The man's voice was not reassuring to her and the woman did not like what she heard.

”What is this place, who are you and how did I get here?!”

She asked her questions one after the other, her voice more anger than fear. She tried to see the other's face, but she couldn't. The words she heard brought nowhere near reassurance, only increasing her restlessness. She clenched her fists helplessly. Yes, she was nervous, anyone could see that.

”What does it mean that I was brought here? It’s a dream, I’m still on Coruscant!”

She said firmly. The last question came to her so unexpectedly that she answered it involuntarily.

”Rhyssa Edaara Quillan. And yours?”

Of course, she left the name E’ron behind at the end of her name because it was a secret that Xeth was her husband. And she didn’t even say her real birth name because it said nothing to her. She was Rhyssa, everyone knew her by that name, and she might just get it as a pseudonym as a little girl, but even then it was already her real name.

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

bp7f47b.png
"This place is nothing, it does not exist."
The figure answered only cryptically, never fully offering a satisfying answer to any of Rhyssa's questions. It spoke in a low monotone voice, each syllable almost hypnotic, as it continued to stare at her intently.
"You were brought here for a purpose, one that will not become clear until you learn to see."
The edges of the clearing seemed to warp and twist, undulating like the breathing of a terrible beast as the trees shifted and snapped off their roots. Stone walls rose up to kiss the sky, ancient and decrepit. The rancid odor of the ancient passage of time billowed forth from an opening in the stone wall, the shadows oozing out like blood from a wound. It seemed to beckon her forward, to lure her deeper into its black embrace.
"My name is irrelevant, though I suppose the epithet of Daeva will suffice." He shifted his body and pointed with an empty sleeve towards the ominous hole, "In there you will find clarity and the answer to the questions which burn deep in your heart."
The being stood and glided effortlessly across the ground towards the entrance, disappearing into its shadowy confines with a last prophetic warning.
"But beware, not all is as it seems."

S H A D O W - L O R D
eMBEJlH.png
Tag: @Emperor Carnifex
6akoRGg.png

She sighed at the answer, not very moody, or rather patient with riddles. She didn't like it when she didn't understand something, and it was. Although she had learned about the Force thanks to her husband, it was quite different from what she would probably have learned in Coruscant or elsewhere. The man was the Sith Lord. She defiantly tied her arms crossed in front of her own chest.

”Are you unable to give a normal answer and not just talk in rebuses?”

Rhys had no idea how the man meant it didn't exist. If it didn’t exist, they wouldn’t be here. She angrily slapped her foot on the ground and then moaned because barefoot it wasn't the most pleasant. From this she already knew that she was feeling pain in this dream. Assuming it was a dream, it could be that her droid did it in reality. She looked at the man angrily after his words. More rebuses.

”I can already see!”

She said offended, even though she had no idea what the other was thinking. And the place changed again and soon became a ruined place. Did the man control this place? She could only be sure she wasn't doing it herself. As the place took on its final shape, Rhys felt the call coming from the darkness. She would have just started when she finally stopped. She was not allowed to let the darkness, yet she felt that nothing wrong could happen.

”What if I don't want to know the answers? Especially not at such a price?!”

The creature, whoever it was, was already heading for the entrance, Rhys wanted to go too, which is why she persevered herself not to. It was never good to give in to her desires, it always became a disaster. For now, she was still standing and managed to resist the urge to go in. If the woman was an outstanding talent in something, beyond her piloting skills, then that was a contradiction and resistance and stubbornness.

”Why do you want me to go in there?”

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

The figure did not even look back, it continued to disappear into the inky darkness.
But it did again speak, this time more urgently than before.
"Because if you do not, then you will be trapped here forever!"
The ground at the far opposite end from the stone entrance started to unravel like a block of sugar placed in warm water, gradually disintegrating into utter nothingness at a swiftly accelerating rate. It would seem that Rhyssa's choice was no choice at all and that she would be forced to traverse the unknown in order to survive being destroyed utterly. The moment she passed beyond the threshold a large stone door would slam down behind her, blocking the way she had come through.
Decrepit sconces burst with light all along the wall leading deeper into the structure, only barely illuminating her path through the darkness. There was no sign of the figure from before, only a cold wind that whistled through the dusty air.
And the almost imperceivable whispers that emanated from deeper within.
"Come to me~"

S H A D O W - L O R D
eMBEJlH.png
6akoRGg.png

”Karabast!” she said with feeling.

Typically, Rhys had no idea what else she was expecting, but the figure didn’t look back, it didn’t stop. However, in the end the figure just answered, and the woman shuddered at the words. She had no idea if that was true or a lie that the other had said, but she didn’t really want to find out if that was the case. Even though she tried to wake herself up, she failed. Just as it failed to reach Xeth telepathically, even though they formed a dyad in the Force. Did the Sith Lord sense what was happening to his wife? She slept in his arms! But the mysterious man was not lied, the Force is not working here.

However, she had no choice, because as she began to stubbornly, everything here began to fall apart. Rhys didn't want to try to see if she would survive in a shabby environment. Started running towards the building, which she eventually reached. As soon as she entered the ruined building, a stone door closed behind her, she could no longer communicate with the outside area anymore, if anything was left of it. Her bad feelings grew further as she felt the musty air and saw the torches ignite in the hallway in front of her.

Long, forward, into the darkness. The red-haired woman really didn't like it all. She shivered from the cold wind, not seeing the figure anywhere. And as she heard the whisper, her whole body became goosebumps. She really didn’t want to go, but she had a feeling if she was stubborn again the whole place would crash, just to make her move.

”Karabast!” she said again.

She started down the hallway, where the lights were still on, just turned off behind her as she passed them. Rhys walked for quite a few minutes as if the corridor never wanted to end, finally reaching a closed stone door at the end of the whole road, which opened as she approached. It was dark inside, and she could feel the call from the Dark Side as the whisper became more urgent. She entered the room, the lights were not on yet, she could only see in outlines that it was a larger hall with columns. There was some light at the far end of the hall as an altar was lit by candlelight.

”Hello?! Is anyone here and if yes, who the hell are you?!” Rhys asked the darkness.

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

zOIcum2.png

With each light that was extinguished, the darkness behind Rhyssa grew ever more oppressive. Ahead was only the faintest glimmer of light, barely illuminating the bare stone altar at the end of the column rows. Yet despite this umbral haze, a figure could be seen standing at the far end of the chamber. He leered over the empty altar, one black-gloved hand reaching out to brace against the weathered stone while the faceless hood's gaze was cast down towards it.
From dimensions alone, it was obvious that it was the same entity that had met Rhyssa when she first entered the dream world, but the simple brown robes had been discarded for a roughhewn black cloak and shawl. His face was still obscured, but it appeared on closer inspection that some of the fog had begun to dissipate. The rough outline of the entity's face, particularly their jawline, could just barely be discerned amidst the smoke and shadow.
"I told you, you may call me Daeva."
The hooded figure turned to look at Rhyssa as she approached.
"I am that I am, Rhyssa Edaara Quillan. The beginning and the end, the broken and the breaker, the giver and taker."
The unseen eyes of the entity seemed to peer directly through Rhyssa as if she could hide nothing from its unrelenting gaze.
"But who are you, Rhyssa Edaara Quillan?"

S H A D O W - L O R D
eMBEJlH.png
6akoRGg.png

The place was getting more and more depressing, the woman really didn’t want to be here, but she wasn’t a coward either, so she didn’t even try to escape or run away. Whatever she has to face, she will face it. The figure was still the same as before, but now something had changed on him. The shadows were less strong, and one or two features of that person were already visible than the definite chin, for example.

”Feth! Karabast” she said quickly in a row.

She didn’t really care that young women weren’t specifically suited for such talk, but Rhys had always been a passionate young woman who loved being controlled by her emotions. So she almost always said what she thought. This was exactly one of the reasons she enchanted her husband as well, and the fact that she was constantly opposed to everyone. She clenched both fists angrily again, her nails dug into her palms, but she didn't wake up despite the pain.

”I don't care about your childish little games, Daeva! Here I am the one who wants answers, not the one who has to give answers to others!” she said nervously.

As always, she was very stubborn now. After her question, there was a surprise on her face. Yet what question was who she was? After all, Deava had answered himself the question of who she was. She knew the other wasn't curious about this, but she wouldn't get a better answer.

”I'm Rhyssa Edaara Quillan! Major and ace pilot of the Galactic Alliance Army!”

She did not speak of being the wife of a Sith Lord, it did not occur to her to mention, through her mother's bloodline, she was a descendant of Dathomiran's night sisters. Nor did she consider it important that she was created during some genetic program because she knew nothing more than she was created to have a child with Xeth later inside the program's frame, only in the meantime they fell in love with each other. And of course her parents escaped with her when she was a child. And she was unaware through the maternal bloodline, she was a direct descendant of Ardana Vorco Ardana Vorco (Benûwia), so there are even pureblood Sith among her distant ancestors…

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Shadow_Fleet_Banner_PNG.png

"Such meager titles, you are destined for so much more."
The figure reached up and grasped the edges of his hood, pulling it back over their head to finally reveal their face. Clean-shaven and relatively young, the individual who had led Rhyssa on this wild journey seemed so less intimidating than his earlier mystique had led to believe. A mane of black hair, combed to perfection, cascaded down from his scalp to bundle up around the nape of his neck. Bright emerald eyes stared out from under a serious brow, the sharp angles of his cheekbones and chin denoting an aristocratic origin.
Clasping his hands down around his waist, the figure stared at Rhyssa with a frightening intensity. "You are the product of a legacy that stretches back to the dawn of civilization, and it is time that you reach out and claim what is rightfully yours. The power instilled in you has lain dormant for far too long, and it is time that it is awakened."
The figure reaches out with his right hand, gesturing as if he was turning a key. Suddenly, a sharp pain would shoot through Rhyssa as a frigid chill rushed up from her core. The power of the Dark Side was unlocked within her, flooding her being with malignant power which rippled across the fabric of the Force as a terrible disturbance.
"You will come to Mustafar in the Outer Rim, there you will find and embrace your destiny."
Reaching out again, the figure sent a shockwave through Rhyssa's body, enough to wake her from this nightmare.

Last edited:
S H A D O W - L O R D
mBDtYR9.png
Equipment: E-11 Blaster Rifle | Purple blade lightsaber | Gilenleaf Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit undersuit
6akoRGg.png

After the words, snarled at the man, she really didn't like what she heard. Rhysf was never particularly ambitious, it was more about her being able to help others to the best of her ability. Other things didn’t really matter, she didn’t need any more. And as a great pilot, she was best able to do it with military service. She was happy with her life, though she wanted the most peaceful life going away somewhere, as did Xeth. It was just a dream, they both knew they would be bored of doing nothing in a few weeks.

"They fit me perfectly!"

Said defiantly; she didn't understand what the man was referring to by what he was saying. The woman did not consider herself special or unique. The mystique flew away, the man facing Rhys was not scary, the traits suspected he might be of noble descent. For the woman, perhaps, however, it was the eyes that remained memorable, the emerald green eyes. What the man said was still confusing, she didn't understand anything of it.

"What are you talking ab… ?!"

She would have begun to ask when the pain ripped through her soul; the cold, the darkness. Involuntarily fell to her knees and screamed. Didn't want that, she didn't belong to either side, she was on the “middle road”. If she hadn't been afraid before, the fear was now there in her eyes and face. And the words were not just a request or a suggestion, she knew she was going to go there. Screamed again at the attack, but when opened her eyes, she already found herself in Xeth's arms as gasped for air. The darkness was still in her, it had become her being, but she felt her husband was helping her calm down and, as always, managed to find the golden mean. It came in handy when a Sith Lord was nearby for this.

Told Xeth what she had dreamed, that is, what hse had experienced. She didn’t know what was scarier than what she had experienced, or her husband wasn’t trying to be funny now, but was taking this seriously. The Sith Lord was also concerned the darkness remained in the woman, even though it took nearly two hours to manage to bring Rhys back from the complete darkness. The Sith Lord knew he couldn't stop Rhys from going to Mustafar, but from that the man wouldn't let her do it alone, and this time he wasn't thinking BB-4, we went with her too.

Rhys didn't understand why they had to go right in the middle of nowhere, but she wanted answers, even if she was scared. Left her droid at home now, not wanting to get BB-4 in trouble. A few days later, their ship exited the hyperspace near Mustafar. Since she did not receive precise coordinates or instructions, tried to rely on her intuitions for now where they would lead her.

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

cGnPAKp.png

Upon entry to the Mustafar system, a dark force seemed to draw Rhyssa down towards the planet's surface. It originated from somewhere deep in the heart of the Corvax Fen, a thick expanse of twisted and gnarled irontrees that flourished in the ashy soil of the Gahenn Plains. Here was the ancient site of Fortress Vader, the castle that had once belonged to Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith. In the time since the castle had first fallen into disrepair, before briefly being brought back into habitable status by the modern Knights of Ren, only to again fall into neglect when their numbers had all but been wiped out.
The silhouette of the castle rising up from the forest would greet Rhyssa's eyes as she neared the source of the power which called to her. But it did not emanate from the castle itself, but from somewhere further below. Fissures had been rent in the ground around the castle, while portions of the outer wall have fallen into the chasms by some unknown cause.
"Down," the voice which whispered in her ear urged, "down into the dark depths."
Below was a twisting labyrinth of crags and caves, pools of lava bubbling at the bottom of steep drops. Eventually, Rhyssa would come across an ancient temple, buried beneath the volcanic surface and covered in a thick layer of glossy obsidian glass. An entrance had been carved into the side of the temple, the melted edges of the opening signifying that someone had taken a lightsaber to the glass to make it. Inside was more darkness, but also that same power which had drawn her to this very spot.
And from the shadows, a pair of glowing eyes watched her enter.
Not a word was said, but the eyes continued to watch.

S H A D O W - L O R D
mBDtYR9.png
Equipment: E-11 Blaster Rifle | Purple blade lightsaber | Gilenleaf Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit undersuit
6akoRGg.png

“Luckily,” Rhys didn’t have to guess so much about where or where to go because she felt exactly where to go. Would have preferred to have fled this place, but she never backed down and fled anywhere. Her mind almost roared to run and run away, but that something still attracted her and she could do nothing but follow the call. She was very happy that her husband was here with her and helped, supported her.

It was unknown to the scene where he had to go, but Xeth recognized where they had come, not in vain, he was the Sith Lord. After landing, Rhys went forward as she felt where they needed to go. Underground, among the ruins, this made sure that some base might still exist down there underground. When she heard the whisper in her ears and mind, she shuddered involuntarily and then telepathically sent her husband where to go next.

The man went forward so that if there was a problem, he could protect the woman. However, this was not necessary for the time being. As they approached, he was beginning to feel all the darkness. But all of this, oddly enough, Rhys felt better as it called her. At the end of the winding maze, they arrived at a scary temple-like thing, that is, for the woman. Maybe if she came here under other circumstances, she could have even said it was beautiful, but now it just seemed scary. The entrance cut with a lightsaber was, of course, known to both of them, it was impossible not to recognize it.

They both pulled out their lightsabers and Xeth entered first, Rhys also went right behind him. The first thing they saw was a pair of reddened eyes in the dark. Rhys was very surprised at what her husband did. For he did not activate his lightsaber, but the man simply knelt down and lowered his head. She had never seen the Sith Lord do that before. She looked confused at red eyes and at Xeth.

"What's all this? What's going on here? Xeth?!" asked in a confused voice.

"My Lord Carnifex!" said in a respectful voice.

Although did not recognize the aura because she had never met him, but knew the name exactly, knew that the man was the former Sith Emperor. There was fright on her face and she stepped back in confusion in the direction of the exit.

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Something large and immovable seemed to fall and block the way they had come, fully shrouding the inside of the old temple in utter darkness. All that could be seen through the imperceivable shadows was the glow of the once-Emperor's eyes, which seemed to lurk just at the edge of the periphery of sight, never fully coming into focus.
"Rhyssa Edaara Quillan," came a voice from the darkness, so foreign yet pulling at familiar strings in her mind.
The glowing eyes were suddenly inches from Rhyssa's face, unwavering in their intensity.
Unblinking.
"You have finally come, finally heeding the dreams which plagued you each and every night." It might quickly dawn on Rhyssa that those dreams she had just recently experience were not the first, but the culmination of a long line of dreams and nightmares compounded upon one another. Perhaps she might comprehend the full scope of what all of this meant, but she also might not.
Regardless, the eyes backed off as the darkness around them began to draw back like a silk veil. The visage was of the once-Emperor was no less terrifying than just his eyes, for he was as formidable and imposing as every story told about him led one to believe. His physique was exceptionally muscular, the body of a well-adapted warrior and conqueror of worlds. His face was grim and stern, his skin marked by dozens and dozens of battle-scars.
And his gaze was firmly fixated on Rhyssa.
"It was I who called to you in your sleep, Rhyssa, urging you to take hold of your destiny." His gaze now fell on the kneeling man at her side, the mere sight enough to wither even the most steadfast of men. "Lord Vyrr has obviously failed in pushing you towards your birthright."

S H A D O W - L O R D
mBDtYR9.png
NPC: Xeth E’ron / Darth Vyrr
6akoRGg.png

It was all unpleasant for Rhys, wanting to run out, run away. She was not used to feeling fear. Never used to worry about herself, she worried about others, yes; but never for herself. However, as continued to step back, hers back collided with a stone wall as it looked at something blocking the exit. But that was not possible! Did she dream again? The red eyes were uncomfortable; clenched her fist. She didn't even see Xeth in the dark, though knew exactly where her husband was because of the Force-bond.

Shuddered when heard the man say her name. As the eye was a few inches from her face, the woman could no longer retreat anywhere because she leaned against the wall with her full back. She was almost ready to hit the man, or at least try to do that. Knew she was probably going to die because didn’t really think anyone would have had the courage to hit Darth Carnifex. But Rhys didn’t care.

The nightmares began when Keth disappeared, even though her husband was a Jedi, later finding out she was a Sith Lord. Actually dreamed of everything, back and forth, but mostly Xeth, and the dark side. Some more intense, some dreamlike dreams. She even dreamed of a pureblood sith woman called Benûwia. Rhys did not remember the former emperor from any of her dreams. But after the man's words, it was pretty clear to her everything had led her here. But why did they start when Xeth / Keth left?

As the man spoke of her fate and destiny, the red-haired woman snarled, Xeth always took care of her, defending her, she thought the exact opposite of what the former emperor had said. But before she could speak, Xeth did.

"She is special, my Lord! Different from the others, different from us. I don’t know what the main consideration and goal was in creating her, but I kept her on the path of what’s best for her, which is her destiny. Both the Light and the Dark Side kill the passion, the will in her, everything that makes her strong. Instinctively, she is able to stay on the golden mean, with sudden anger and passion. With the two extremes she would be just an average gray mouse. But in her current state she can be so much more, she can be more than us, my Lord."

"What if you didn't talk about me like I wasn't here ?!" snapped angrily. "Who are you, what kind of kinship between us?"

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

cGnPAKp.png

"Is that so? We shall see."
His gaze returned to fall upon Rhyssa, studying her more closely now that he had the opportunity to absorb Vyrr's words. The existence of both the Light and Dark within her had the potential to create friction, generating a state of conflict within her that could be harnessed if guided by the right hand. Carnifex had encountered similar individuals before in the past, most of them were unable to control the contradicting powers within them and fell victim to their own unstable nature.
"In a loose sense, you are my granddaughter, Rhyssa Edaara Quillan. Years ago you were created in a laboratory on Dromund Kaas, and part of my genetic material was used as the bedrock for your own." Though Rhyssa already knew that she was a genetic experiment, the knowledge that she possessed the same genes as the man standing before her would've been quite a shock. "You were to be the culmination of years of research, an apex predator of the Dark Side. But your other donors, your parents, allowed weakness to creep into their minds. They fled with you when you were but an infant, their cowardice taking you far from the world of your creation. Lord Vyrr was sent to track you down. At first, I wanted him to bring you back to me, but it was decided that it would be better for him to monitor you."
Carnifex raised up his right hand, faint strands of electricity dancing between his fingers. "But the time for observation has passed, it is time to take direct action. Surrender yourself to me and journey with me to Dromund Kaas, where you will be made whole. Resist..." Carnifex aimed his fingers at Lord Vyrr, though he took no action just yet.
"And I will destroy the one you love."
Though the intent was clearly malevolent, Carnifex's voice was as calm and even as if he were just talking about the weather, stated in such a way that it appeared matter-of-fact.
It was not a threat, it was a promise.

S H A D O W - L O R D
mBDtYR9.png
6akoRGg.png

Xeth nodded at the former emperor's words while Rhys was still watching one man or the other. Then turned her full attention to Carnifex as the man began to speak again. Grandchild? Yes, she knew she was part of a genetic program, as did Xeth, they managed to find out, but so far didn’t know whose samples she was made of. So it all really shocked the girl, who looked at the former Emperor in surprise. It was already clear to her why her parents had run away with her far from Dromund Kaas, far from the Sith Empire. They did not want the Emperor to do with her what he wanted.

"You killed my parents and my brothers with the assassins, didn't you? Just because they ran away with me? Because they were not wanted you to get me?"

Asked hoarsely after the man's words, that is, in the meantime. Knew that Xeth had not only come to the Jedi Order to spy on them, but also to observe someone, but it later turned out that Rhys was the person he was looking for all along. By then, they were already married and, ironically, the two different genetic programs were created to have a child together. In the light of the present, Rhys feared in advance what result the Sith might have expected from this. The circle seemed to be closed, but at the man's promise, a kind smile appeared on the woman's face and lips, though she would have preferred to spit on the man.

"If you kill him, you kill me too."

Was perfectly aware of the disadvantages of the strongest Force-bond, not to mention the fact that they formed Dyad with Xeth. As much as she hated it, knew the limits of herself and knew exactly that she would not survive Xeth's death. Her husband would survive her death easily, but the reverse was no longer true. Would have just opened her mouth to send the former Emperor to the Outer Rim, as she was constantly contradicting everyone, especially when such conditions were imposed on her. However, heard Xeth's voice in her mind not to do nonsense this time. Looked at him angrily and would have gladly objected to him, too, but knew she was in a beaten position.

"This time you won, but don't get used to it!" snarled angrily, then glanced at Xeth. "And you will sleep on the couch if I survive this!"

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

cGnPAKp.png

"Very wise of you."
Carnifex let his arm drop down to his side, the lightning subsiding as the energy dissipated.
Light suddenly rushed back into the room, the slab which had been placed over the doorway the pair had entered wrenched aside. Outside of the decrepit building was a gathering of Sith of varying shapes and sizes. The largest of them was a towering Maelibus, his skin a shining metallic silver. A woman stood next to the Maelibus, much shorter in stature but still brimming with dark foreboding power. The others were more non-descript, lesser in power than the two which led them or their Dark Master which lurked within the building.
"Let us depart this ruinous world then, we have no further use of it." Commanded Carnifex, ushering Rhyssa and Xeth outside. The other Sith bent their heads in reverence to the former Emperor of the Sith, some crossing one or two arms over their chest. When that was done, several of the Sith moved away from the group and began conducting a ritual on the nearby stone wall. With bone-chalk, they traced a simple oval shape on the wall and drew obscure ritual symbols along its perimeter.
Once they were done, the small woman standing next to the Maelibus stepped forward and spoke several words in the ancient tongue of the Sith. The space within the drawn shape rippled like water before the interior of the Sith Citadel on Dromund Kaas appeared.
The lesser Sith were the first to pass through the portal, disappearing from sight before reappearing in the confines of the Sith Citadel. Next were the Maelibus and the small woman, leaving only Rhyssa, Xeth, and Carnifex behind on Mustafar.
"Step through," commanded Carnifex, waiting until they had done so until he passed through as well. The portal disappeared after that, the chalk outline fading away as if it had never been made.

S H A D O W - L O R D
mBDtYR9.png
6akoRGg.png

Rhys hated nothing more than when she got into a situation where she could do nothing. Where she was trapped like a predator. Against anyone else, this would probably have helped her break out to fight, but it would have been little against the former Sith Emperor. It was a fight she couldn’t win, no matter how much she wanted to. Maybe one day, but it was still a long way off. Now she just snarled at the man, as she did at her husband. Never understood how Xeth was able to stay calm in a situation like this.

The illusion was over, they were not alone, there were many other Siths here. She basically didn’t like the companionship of the Sith, nor the Jedi. Feared Xeth would fall someday, or she, because she wore the Sith Lord's mark on her Force pattern. True, it had no effect on her, only a warning to the man's enemies not to dare to touch the woman. Before a Jedi, this might have been difficult to explain. Although it is easy in that she did not understand the whole thing. Two of the Siths inside were interesting in appearance, most notably silver-skinned. They finally went outside after that. Since she could do nothing else, just following Carnifex and Xeth closed the line.

For the first time in her life, Rhys saw the actual great ritual that frightened and impressed her at the same time. Xeth found out what it was, though he had only read about it, had never seen it before, only the portals what are going to the Netherworld. Dromund Kaas, the Sith Citadel, was familiar to the man, but in one of her nightmares, or more, even Rhys had seen it before. When the portal opened, she looked nervously at her husband to see what would happen now. She really didn't want to cross that portal. The man nodded reassuringly with his head to the portal, after Carnifex's words, but Rhys really didn't want to go through.

"Otherwise, we would be here until tomorrow!" The Sith Lord sighed, then walked toward the portal, caught his protest wife on his lap, and walked through the portal with her.

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom