Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Star Wars, No One Can Hear You Scream

So, for the longest time I have been a huge fan of the Alien franchise; bordering on obsession. Does the Star Wars universe have any Xenomorph-equivalents/homages in its universe? I've read on Wookiepedia of a few off-hand (questionably canon) references to them, but I can't find anything on a race or species in the Star Wars canon that's at all similar to them. The closest thing I could find were rakghouls, but they're more along the lines of zombies than the Xenomorphs. Plus the Aklay, but that's a little too far off, in my eyes.

Anyone know if there's any insectoid/parasitic killing machines in Star Wars? I always found it odd that with Lucasfilm's connections to Fox for such a long time that they never had a presence in the non-film media; even if it was just a non-canon crossover comic. Maybe it's just the fanboy in me, but I think that the Xenomorphs as a species fit quite snuggly in the Star Wars universe, even if their themes are a little darker than others'. I mean, come on, I can't be the only one that thinks this is awesome:
Alien_vs_Vader_by_ColorDojo.jpg

On another note, are there any other scifi races that you think would fit well in the Star Wars universe?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I don't know. I know Warhammer 40k has some Xenomorph look-alikes in it. Tyraniods or Tyrants or Swarm or something like that. Science Fiction loves it's aliens. :D

Jay Scott Clark said:
I don't know. I know Warhammer 40k has some Xenomorph look-alikes in it. Tyraniods or Tyrants or Swarm or something like that. Science Fiction loves it's aliens. :D
Yeah, I played (still do, actually) Warhammer 40k and those are the most blatant homages. Though they're definitely more large-scale in the way they do their nasty thing (as most races in 40k are). They're called Tyranids, by the way; pronounced teer-uh-nids.

Romeo S said:
I don't think so man, I mean...Rakghouls....have you seen the Star Wars fan movie about the imperial stormtroopers? There was two predators
I don't believe I have, do you have a link?

Petra Cavataio said:
Varax, you might like this

star_wars_stormtroopers_darth_vader_artwork_crossovers_aliens_1920x1080_40927_zpse4a8bbc8.jpg
Yes. Yes I do. That's bloody brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom