What's new

In Star Wars, No One Can Hear You Scream

Varax Malchor

The Watcher
Character
So, for the longest time I have been a huge fan of the Alien franchise; bordering on obsession. Does the Star Wars universe have any Xenomorph-equivalents/homages in its universe? I've read on Wookiepedia of a few off-hand (questionably canon) references to them, but I can't find anything on a race or species in the Star Wars canon that's at all similar to them. The closest thing I could find were rakghouls, but they're more along the lines of zombies than the Xenomorphs. Plus the Aklay, but that's a little too far off, in my eyes.

Anyone know if there's any insectoid/parasitic killing machines in Star Wars? I always found it odd that with Lucasfilm's connections to Fox for such a long time that they never had a presence in the non-film media; even if it was just a non-canon crossover comic. Maybe it's just the fanboy in me, but I think that the Xenomorphs as a species fit quite snuggly in the Star Wars universe, even if their themes are a little darker than others'. I mean, come on, I can't be the only one that thinks this is awesome:

On another note, are there any other scifi races that you think would fit well in the Star Wars universe?

Jay Scott Clark

Beyond Wonderland
Writer
I don't know. I know Warhammer 40k has some Xenomorph look-alikes in it. Tyraniods or Tyrants or Swarm or something like that. Science Fiction loves it's aliens. :D

Varax Malchor

The Watcher
Character
Jay Scott Clark said:
I don't know. I know Warhammer 40k has some Xenomorph look-alikes in it. Tyraniods or Tyrants or Swarm or something like that. Science Fiction loves it's aliens. :D
Yeah, I played (still do, actually) Warhammer 40k and those are the most blatant homages. Though they're definitely more large-scale in the way they do their nasty thing (as most races in 40k are). They're called Tyranids, by the way; pronounced teer-uh-nids.

Romeo S said:
I don't think so man, I mean...Rakghouls....have you seen the Star Wars fan movie about the imperial stormtroopers? There was two predators
I don't believe I have, do you have a link?

Petra Cavataio said:
Varax, you might like this

Yes. Yes I do. That's bloody brilliant.