Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In search for guidance.

Kixi eyed her master a moment as he laughed at the way she looked with her hair in her face. Then she pointed a finger at him and burst out in laughter with him. "I guess I look funny like this Master". She said suddenly losing her balance as her head began to spin. Again she grabbed the edge of the bar to prevent herself from falling, but now she would be totalled. Her dizziness wouldn't stop. Her attempts to fight the effects of the alcohol undoubtebly had failed.

She tried to stand, however her legs felt wonky. As she got up, she staggered. She was about to fall to the ground but instead staggered into her master's arms who caught his padawan. "Hiya Master", Kixi giggled. Her head was spinning that she hadn't noticed anything else, like that her master didn't have his last drink. Better because he hadn't been too far from being drunk himself. "I guess you'll have to carry me", Kixi said with a slur. Then she put her head down to the Nautolan's side. As if it were a pillow of some sort. She appeared to be half awake. Slowly opening and shutting her eyes and ranting off words and sentences mostly in her own native tongue. He master would probably wonder what she had been saying, yet tomorrow when she would wake up from all this recovered, she would be unlikely to have remembered much of what had happened during this uneventful night.

[member="George O Rourke"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As suspected Kixi was drunk. Well drunk. Not like your little 'hehe I am soo drunk' drunk. But no, the whole barely walk, about to fall asleep drunk. As more alcohol got into her blood stream it affected her more and more. She was slurring her words and her motions were all unsteady. Worst of all, she decided to stand up. Nope wasn't going to happen. Her legs gave way, leaving her to fall into the arms of George. The wonderful Master George. Unsurprisingly he caught her. "Ahh Kixi, too much too soon." He whispered. There was always more than one way to defeat an opponent. Today deception, tomorrow who knows.

She appeared to be falling asleep on him. But occasionally moving. "Alright lets get you back to your quarters." He said to her, unlikely to be heard or understood by Padawan. Placing her arms around his neck he lifted her legs off the ground. She was quite light for the big Nautolan. Even whilst intoxicated he was able to maneuver her out of the bar and back towards her quarters. "Alright time to go to bed." He said cheerfully to the Padawan as they walked home. The lights shining down on portions of the path as the silent night dragged. No one was around, probably good for Kixi. But it was nice.

As Kixi was getting carried home by her master, she surprisingly found it comforting having her arms wrapped around his big body. She was still half awake and although her head still spun, she could tell he was carrying her back to her quarters. "Oh Master, you are so wonderful. You are a good teacher and a wonderful carer". Kixi's words were still a slur, but her master was able to make out that she had just complimented him.

She did continue with more however. This time more words about herself. "I hope you still like me Master. I know I can be little twit at times, just like tonight, but I really ummm....", Kixi was about to say something else, but her head fell back into her master's chest as she fully fell asleep this time. She looked like a little child as her master would then carry her the rest of the way back to her quarters without Kixi waking up at all or muttering a word. It was clearly lights out for her. That would be until the next day's training.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

George carried the poor girl back to her quarters. The alcohol had hit her hard. "Thank you Kixi. Just relax and you'll be back to training in no time." The Master said cheerfully. She may have comprehended that, but it didn't really matter. As Kixi spoke again she made it mid sentence before her face gently fell into his chest. She was asleep. Probably for the best though. George continued to carry her back, it wasn't far now. As he made it to her chambers he opened the door and placed her on the bed. She didn't awaken once, but that wasn't all bad. She would have to let it all leave her system.

George left a not on a table beside her bed. "Morning Kixi, come see me when you wake up. There is lots to do. George." That could have been taken in two ways. Either really happy to get back to doing stuff. Or a huge hangover and she won't wanna get out of bed for a week. Well they would find out tomorrow. George made his way back to his own chambers to rest for the night.

Kixi's master slowly carried Kixi back into her quarters and then would tuck her into bed. He would leave a note that she would see when she would wake up the following morning to come see him. Due to the combinations of having being tired from the day's training, plus the drinking that had followed, this had ensured that Kixi slept uninterrupted until the next morning.

It was about 7am that morning when she woke up. An hour later than her usual wake up time. Her head felt heavy and felt like something was ringing inside. The hangover from all the previous night's drinking. Her breath also stunk of alcohol making her feel disgusted with herself, as she dropped her head into her pillow and slept another half an hour.

Finally she got up. She felt a wreck. But at least she was now sober. Her master had clearly carried her back to her quarters last night as she saw the note he had left regarding meeting up with him today for more training. "Training", she thought to herself. "I can't slack off. Or I'll pay for it later". She quickly jumped into the shower. She made the water as warm as possible as that would help wake her up and generally a warm shower made her feel better. Once she was done, she put on some shorts and a t-shirt and her running boots. She still felt yuk so figured, the lighter she dressed, the better she would feel. She clipped on her lightsabre, grabbed some biscuits and shoved them down her throat before quickly brushing her teeth, tying her hair completely back into a pony tail and rushing out the door to meet up with her master.

Kixi saw her master standing besides a small water fountain in a small open area to the side of one of the main corridors as she hurried towards him. "Sorry I'm late again Master. I kinda over slept due to last night's events", she said as her face went all red in embarrassment. "However I'm all ready for today."

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

The nights drinking had left George well tired and waking up in the morning became a hard task. About 7am he rolled out of bed. Literally, he fell to the floor with a thud. Waking him immediately. Not the wake up call I was expecting. He thought as he stretched his arms and legs and quickly had a shower. Warm water running down his face and body waking him up some more. He quickly dried off and put on his robes. He had many sets of robes but today, some light ones short sleeves and some light boots. He quickly attached his lightsaber to his hips and headed out.

He made it to the fountain down one of the corridors and waited for his Padawan to meet him. He waited for about half an hour before she made it. The time went quite quick as George watched as the people walked by. Something he had done often in spare time. "You must have drank more than I expected then." He replied to her comment about her punctuality. "So what are you expecting of us today?" He asked the Padawan as he motioned for her to walk beside him. He had said there was much to be done. But what was that exactly? She would soon find out.

As her master spoke to her, Kixi could see that he too was a bit tired from last night's drinking session. Of course he would've fared better than her, afterall he was the one that had to carry her back.

"What do I expect from today's training Master?" Just as Kixi was about to reply, she was about to do her neck flick thing that generally made her hair wave in the breeze, that she loved doing, when she realised that she hadn't done her hair when she had gotten up, and had tied it all back. "Ummm, what do prünen zin umm opps what do I expect training from today", Kixi finally repeated back, first mixing the phrase with her native language and then saying it in Basic but botching up her grammar a little. Clearly she still wasn't 100%. "Today I expect hard training and work for whatever task you place before me Master. The condition I'm in due to last night's activities is no excuse to go easy on me. In fact you should push me equally as hard Master, because on a real battlefield for example, we don't always get the luxury of everything being sweet". Kixi concluded answering her master's question with a cheeky grin on her face. Although weather she would still be grinning afterwards, was still something that remained to be seen.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

"You realize what you are about to put yourself through?" He asked his Padawan. Was she ready? Probably not. Did she think she was ready? For sure. George loved having fun and mixing it in with training, but today, it was only going to be fun for George. "I think it is time we toughen up your lightsaber training." He said as they walked. "Time to head down and get the good old holoprojectors out. They will test you. Maybe even a light spar against me after, if you make it." He continued with a grin. George was gifted more so with his blade work than his focus. He had some skills, nothing that would outwork his lightsaber combat. And in that case he would continue with his style of training.

As her master discussed the training plans for the day, he also previously had warned Kixi that perhaps today wasn't the best time in terms of readiness for her.

"Master, I was born ready." Was Kixi's cocky and confident reply.

"Just lead the way to where the holoprojectors are and I'll get nailed straight into it Master."

Kixi had been in real life battles in her past, back home, many in which she had lead and fought primarily with her lightsabre and side arms. However despite the perils all that had involved, she always had had the backup of her soldiers, plus the extra protection of her force field body shield, none of which she had now, and the lack of the latter already proving her short comings from the previous day's training. Kixi was confident, she was probably up to the task ahead, however she ultimately would once again prove to her master, why she still would require lots of training before she was really truly ready.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

"I am sure you are my Padawan." He replied as they walked. She may have had experience with battle, but this wasn't battle. This was training, and this training will open up a huge variety of options when it comes to war. Strategy is key and today she will learn how to beat the odds and come out on top.

They walked into a large warehouse, filled with crates and shelves, huge shelves. Like 20 foot high shelves. Stuff she could use to her advantage. Today would be a simulation of a close combat attack. First with droids carrying blasters and later melee weapons, just to mix it up. She will have to use her surroundings to beat them. Going head to head with a squad of attack droids isn't going to win her the battle today.

"Alright Kixi, are you ready?" He stared as they came to a stop. "First you'll fight your way out, only when you defeat all the droids will the exit appear and be accessible. You'll be heavily outnumbered and even with your lightsaber you'll be out gunned. Use your surroundings, I'll be watching." He finished as he turned on his heels and proceeded to leave the building, unknown to her this was a training facility. With an observation deck above, just of Master to watch their Padawans. "Good luck my Padawan." His departing words to the Padawan as the simulation began and the droid holograms appeared. Surrounding her.

There was 15 to be exact all with their blasters pointed at her. They would not fire until she had made her move. One that would see her getting out of the trouble she was in. Could she do it. George hoped so.

Kixi slowly went down on one knee as the 15 droids that were surrounding her had their blasters pointed at her. She put her left hand on the centre of her chest which would normally activate her body force field shield.

"Zenzatala shild."

Those were the words, Activate Shield, in her native tongue and what the body shield would respond to as she touched the small device on her chest. Except she then realised she had quite a serious problem. She didn't have the shield on her. "Of course I don't", she muttered to herself, "I'm still not all recovered to have realised I'm actually doing my Jedi training now and am not on some sort of battlefield." She shook her head. She had to think quick. The droids were still there ready to shoot her.

Behind the droids ahead of her she could see several high packed crates. She had an idea. But she had to get it precisely correct. She would have no body shield to protect her from any stray laser bolts hitting her. Not yet activating her lightsabre, she raised her right hand Force pulling the first droid ahead of her towards her. As she did so she then activated her lightsabre cutting the droid in two as it came at her. The hologram of the droid vanished as Kixi using the Force ran at lightening speeds towards the crates and ducked for cover as volleys of blaster fire pounded the crates she hid behind, all narrowly missing her.

"Now for the remaining 14", she thought to herself. Blaster bolts kept pounding the crate she was hiding behind. It was holding but wouldn't for long if she didn't make her move soon. Good thing was however that the droids were all bunched in together. Ajacent to the crates she was hiding behind were large high shelves. "Great", she thought. Using the Force again to pull on an object, she concentrating pulling on the shelves. The shelves weren't that strongly held together. A small tug was enough for the entire stack to come tumbling down and on the droids who were standing together in a bunch.

The result of the falling shelves destroyed all but three of the droids. Three who just happened to be standing back the furthest. "Three left, that evens the odds out now, Master O Rourke will be proud to know I'm about to nail this test." Kixi said to herself with confidence as she jumped out from her hiding spot. She deflected the first lot of blaster bolts back as her master had tought her on the previous day's training, destroying two of the three droids. Then the final one was destroyed as Kixi leaped into the air, landed behind the droid and sliced it in two. As the final droid hologram disappeared, an exit door appeared. Kixi had passed the first trial. She walked through the door ready to face her second and what would surely be a more challenging test.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

George took up his position within the observation deck. He watches as his young Padawan fought through the trial and record time. The tall shelves she had used to her advantage was something George was quite happy about. The environment was her friend today. Her thought to himself as she brought down one of the shelves vaporising majority of the droids. As she finished of two more using the techniques she had learnt from George the previous day it was quite well done. Finally she ended the battle. Jumping over the final droid slicing it from behind. Bravo Padawan. He thought to himself as he left the observation deck to find the Padawan.

"Well done Padawan Kixi, you made short work of those droids. Now for the next challenge. You'll have to change it up a little. This will be a closer battle and using those shelves against your opponents could also damage yourself in such close quarters." He informed the Padawan. It was time for her to return to the warehouse for the next piece of training. As she made her way inside the door once again closed behind her. Another 15 droids appeared surrounding her once again. This time carrying vibro blades. Lightsaber verse vibroblade was an easy one. But 15 verse 1. That was a different story. Once again she would have to find a way to out smart her opponent as a straight up attack would encounter a painful loss.

Kixi stood there a moment. Once again on one knee. It was her usual starting stance before any sparring contest. The droids would not attack her until she initialed the fight anyway. "This is another game of tactics", she thought to herself. As part of Kixi's crew, on board her own starship, she had one of the best tacticians available known to man. Yet they were the ones who came up with the tactics while Kixi did the fighting or gave the orders. However Kixi had been observant. She herself relied on her own tacticians, but nonetheless she had picked up many tricks from them over the years. Now she was on her own, and now was the time to implement those tactics, if she was to have any chance in defeating all 15 of these vibroblade wielding droids that stood before her. The scenery in the holodeck, well that's what Kixi called it anyway, but otherwise a warehouse with holoprojected crates, shelves and most important of all, of armed droids, had been reset for the next battle. Kixi was ready to rock.

Despite the droids being lifeless holoprojections, she decided to speak to them nonetheless.

"I was born to win! Get ready to feel my wrath."

She needed to jump on the crates that were stacked up high, so that the droids wouldn't be able to attack her all at once. Using the Force, she lifted the top create off one of the highly stacked piles and sent it hurling towards the droid facing directly in front of her. BANG! The droid went down and vanished. And so the fight had began. Kixi dived forward and then rolled, spinning on the ground doing a 360 degree spin. Her lightsabre was ignited as she spun, taking out two more droids. She quickly jumped on her feet as the other 12 droids all struck at her simultaneously with their vibroblades. However Kixi Force leaped into the air all in a nick of time and landed on the top of the highly stacked containers nearby. Kixi sighed in relief. "That was way too close", she uttered to herself as she realised she had received a small cut on her left leg as a result of one of the droid's vibroblades hitting her as she Force leaped for the containers.

The droids were wasting no time hacking at the containers. She could feel them wobble and had to concentrate to hold her balance. Soon the whole stack would come tumbling down and with her on it. Using the Force she was able to lift four of the armed droids in the air. Kixi herself was at least 9 or so metres high. The droids were lifted so that they were now level with her. And then with a powerful Force assisted push, she threw them towards the ground where the other droids were. And in a nick of time as the containers came tumbling down too. The result of the four droids smashing at speed towards the ground meant that all but two droids were left standing. Kixi used the Force to slow down her fall, forward rolled and landed straight in front of one of the two remaining droids who wasted no time striking at Kixi with his vibroblade. However Kixi had anticipated the move even before it had happened. She parried the shot and then with a return strike decapitated the droid. By this stage the last droid standing was trivial as Kixi disposed of it with a couple of swift elegant strikes.

It was done. Test completed. Kixi huffed and puffed as the exit door appeared and she walked out. As she awaited her master, she dropped on both her knees. That fight had taken a lot out of her. Combined with the little rest she already had had from the previous night's drinking, that of course didn't help, but nonetheless she was ready to continue and soldier on. Although she thought to herself that she could do with a drink of water hoping her master would actually offer her one before initiating the next test.

[member="George O Rourke"].

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

George watched his Padawans battle and was quite intrigued to see the outcome. The battle was well against her but the fight was won with the mind just as much as the blade. George was happy, she had taught herself not to go into a fight headstrong, but to think it out and prepare another way around.

As the final droid was struck down the exhaustion could be seen in Kixi's face. She slowly made her way to the exit door, clearly out of puff and almost at breaking point. "Well done Padawan. Excellent work dealing with those droids, you definitely showed a lot more than strength to win that battle. You showed intelligence and thoughtfulness, something every Jedi must learn." George smiled as the Padawan listened to his words. She had improved greatly from their first training session. But there was still much to teach. But it was becoming less formal. There was only so much a Padawan could learn within the safe confines of Voss. The rest must be learnt of the fly.

Kixi smiled at her master as he complimented her work. At the same time she slowly regained her breath.

"So Master what next. These simulations can only go so far. I've seen real battles before. I would love to test my skills and learn more in a real fight somewhere."

Kixi smiled at her master as she spoke. She by this stage had recovered her energies that were exerted in the previous test, her face returning to he bubbly self once more. The alcohol from the previous night's drinking was by this stage fully worn off too. The hard sweat from the training she had just undertaken was a contributing factor to that which was obviously a good thing. Kixi was tempted in inviting her master aboard her starship. But then she thought the better of it. She didn't want to reveal the true identity of her origins. Not at this stage. Perhaps not ever. The more she thought about it, the better it would be she would tell herself. She wanted to leave her past behind her. A past that to a certain extent, was a dark past, and depending on what point of view one took, was either minor or major. She decided that if anyone from the Jedi Council including her master were to ever ask where exactly her home world was located, she would say somewhere in the Unknown Regions of the Galaxy. Given not much was known about that region, no one would probably ever know that that, wasn't really the case.

"So Master what else for today? I've had no sabre duels yet. How about we spar or something, just you and me?"

Kixi half lifted a brow as she spoke. Her usual cockiness once again kicking in.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As the exhaustion turned to happiness and relief Kixi spoke about wanting more battles. To fight a real opponent. "My young Padawan, you must remember, violence is the Jedi's final choice. We train here to prepare ourselves. Do not go wishing for wars that bring more pain and suffering than good." His statement was true and sharp. She may have not liked it, but its the Jedi way and George had to ensure his Padawan was taught the right way.

"But if you want to spar, for the purpose of training. Preparing for the worst. I can't say no." He replied as the smile returned to his face. He didn't like having to get too serious, he preferred to be casual and happy. "How about down near the river. Should be a quiet place we can spar in a natural environment." It was time for George to see just how far his Padawan had come. His face lit up and he couldn't wait to see how it went.

"Of course Master."

Kixi replied humbly to her master in regards to violence and the Jedi way.

"I didn't mean it in a way that I wanted to go out there and search for trouble. I meant it more that here we are limited to the luxury of being allowed to fail with little or no consequences. In a real fight there are no such luxuries and I would learn a lot."

In spite of that, Kixi was pleased that her master had taken her up on her offer to practice duelling with a lightsabre. It had been a long time, and the last time she duelled with a lightsabre it had been for real, her final battle before she had fled her home world. She closed her eyes not really wanting to think about it shaking her head.

" By the river, that sounds like a great place to fight."

Kixi responded hoping her master wouldn't sense her pain from her past.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

With George's words against violence spoke true Kixi reworded what she wanted to say. He too believe what she was saying and how training in the field come with both a greater cost and a greater rewards. "Thats fine Padawan, I just wanted to make sure you understood." He said with a smile as he motioned for his Padawan to walk beside him.

They were off to the river, the wonderful river of Voss. George loved the water, especially being from Glee Anselm and being a Nautolan water was his home. "Its almost my favourite place to be. Only out done by the water itself. One day I'll take you below the surface and show the many wonders that inhabit the land under the water." He said as he reflected back on what he had seen as a child, how beautiful it was. These reminiscing thoughts had allowed Kixi's feelings of pain to move past him without being noticed. Probably for the better.

"You're making quite the improvements Kixi. I can see you becoming a great Jedi one day. And to be fair, I don't think its going to be too far away." He said as they made their way to the river. This spar would be the start of her adventures. The next would be outside of Voss. Something very different for her.

As the two, master and padawan walked towards the river, her master spoke of how he loved the water and how water was home for his species.

"I would love to see your home one day Master. Where I come from, some of the worlds that were part of the confederate had huge underwater cities. They were a marvel. They always fascinated me. Walking around and seeing the underwater wonders floating above you from within the dome that covered the huge mega structures. Is your home-world similar Master?"

Kixi asked the question just as they reached the river. At that very moment she closed her eyes and mouth and took a deep breath of the air through her nose and then re-opened her eyes as she exhaled it back out.

"This is only but a river. However as a child when I would stare out into the seas and oceans, I would stare at it for long periods of time, wonder, imagine, meditate, totally calm myself down. It helped me find my inner self and ultimately attune myself better with the Force. It's beautiful and I love it."

Kixi finished off saying as she unholstered her lightsabre and ready for her practice duel with her master.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

"I guess you could say they are similar. Little more village like, but essentially yes. The plants and underwater life really made it for me. It was great." The Nautolan replied thinking about his old home.

"The beauties of the water my Padawan. It has a tendency to be able to do that." He replied once more as he prepared himself for the duel. He thought it would be wise to teach her against a one armed opponent. Taking his main blade hilt from his belt and holding it in both hands.

"Now my Padawan, I am not going to take it easy on you. Be prepared. No enemy is going to let you make up for a small mistake." He said igniting the blue blade and bowing to his opponent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom