Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In search for guidance.

Kixi walked slowly along the corridors of the Silver Temple. Most recently she had been sent on a mission with other padawans to search for a lightsabre crystal and then construct her own lightsabre. Soon after that, she had been successful at constructing her very own lightsabre. Upon her search for the crystal she had been lead into a cave and through the guidance and will of the Force she had spoken to her father who had revealed the crystal to her. Now with the constructed lightsabre on her belt, the memory of her father would be with her always. She had longed to make him proud. Yet much training and learning she was in dire need for.

In several of her recent missions, plus other training camps she had participated in, Kixi had met a newly promoted Jedi Knight. An Nautolan by the name of George O Rourke. The two had spoken here and there whilst on these missions or training camps, however Kixi had mostly kept to herself. Until now. Kixi was in need for a full time master, someone that could teach her and guide her on her path. At first Kixi had been reluctant to ask the Nautolan if she could be his padawan. Kixi wasn't accustomed to non humans, however the more she was with the Nautolan, the more she grew warmer and comfortable being near his presence. So then she finally had had the courage to ask him, and the two had agreed to meet up at her current location, the Silver Temple.

Kixi spotted George by one of the temple's fountains. He was waiting for her and Kixi was late. "Hi George, I'm so sorry to keep you waiting. Probably not a good way to start things". Kixi spoke in her usual soft words with a slight shyness in her voice. She generally spoke Basic like anyone else, but at times a tinge of her native accent could be heard. "So would you prefer I call you George or Master?"

[member="George O Rourke"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

George had returned to his new home on Voss after helping the Padawans of the Coalition find their crystals and build their lightsabers along with Master Coci and some other Jedi Knights. Over the last few missions he had worked on with some of the Padawans a name came out. Kixi... Worked hard and was always amongst it. Soon after arriving back on Voss she contacted the Jedi Knight wondering if the big blue Nautolan would be her Master. He was slightly surprised by her choice, but welcomed her with open arms. It was decided that they would meet up on Voss and get a feel on how this relationship would be. George had a few ideas in his head to test the young Padawan, but for now it was a more get to know you session whilst I set up some blasters for some training. He enjoyed getting to know others, their views and opinions especially someone he would work along side in the future.

As George arrived at the designated meeting spot he waited as he had arrive a little early. It was next to a fountain near the temple. The sun was bright and it was belting down on the Nautolan. Something he had grown use to over his past missions. He looked at his surroundings watching other Jedi and members of the coalition as they walked past him. Offering a nod for a few as they walked by. George didn't particularly worry about the time, today is just one day. There will be another one tomorrow. As the Padawan walked up to him she began to speak. It was quite a small voice for the woman. He could feel that she was a little nervous, but that was nothing to worry about. "Hello Kixi, its good to see you. As long as your ready to train I'll forgive your lateness." He said with a slight chuckle. George wasn't one bound by time, he had nowhere he needed to be so there was no urgency, just means it bites into her training time. "Call me what you wish, I don't mind with either." He replied as he motioned for her to follow him. It was time to get to a place to train and he knew just the spot.

Kixi politely bowed to her new master. It was more as a sign of respect thing than anything else. "I will refer to you as master, Master", she again spoke with a soft voice. George had motioned her to follow him. She had no idea where they were going, however that didn't bother her as she generally loved surprises. Kixi walked with George as they slowly made their way away across from the actual temple grounds. It was a glorious sunny day. Kixi could already feel the sweat on her forehead. She would soon be experiencing a lot more of that she thought to herself, after they would most likely be engaging in some sort of training exercise.

"So what do you think of Voss Master, how long have you been here?" Kixi decided to ask the question. More to engage in conversation. But then again she was the type that liked to get to know her friends as well as possible, therefore over time she would be asking many more questions.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As Padawan Kixi followed George they began making their way over to the gardens of Voss. A place George enjoyed training in, tranquility and peacefulness, well right up until the blaster fire started, but that was slightly irrelevant. It was decided that she would refer to him as Master. It was nice to be referred to as Master, showed his improvement, the teacher amongst the students. "As you wish Padawan Kixi." He replied as he continued walking towards the Garden.

The walk wasn't too long but like any Padawan she wanted to get to know her Master, and George couldn't blame her, he too was interested in her history and her story. "It is a beautiful place here. I haven't been here long either, 6 months or so. But yeah beautiful here, definitely feels like home." He replied as he looked around at the beautiful surroundings. "What about you? What do you think about Voss? How long have you been here?" He returned the question as they came up towards the garden.

As the two came up towards the garden and stopped, Kixi replied to her master's question. She had expected him to ask her how long she had been on Voss. It was generally the most logical question someone would normally ask after being asked that question to themselves. Kixi was generally a person who operated on logic and thus why she had anticipated it. "I've been here, umm", she looked up towards the sky a moment thinking, before looking at her master again, "I would say around 3 months".

Kixi observed her surroundings. Took in a deep breath of fresh air, and then exhaled it. "It's a gorgeous place. I like Voss. Much better than the urban mega cities back home". She sat down on the garden's fountain ledge as she spoke that last sentence, a small trace of sorrow had been apparent in her voice, but Kixi tried to hide it as best she could. "So", she continued looking up at her master once more, her usual smile returning, "This looks like a great place to train, if we're training here, what do you have in mind master?"

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As they closed in on their destination it was time to get the ball rolling. Kixi replied to George's question, it was a similar answer to his own. Not overly surprising giving the environment. Its not hard to love the place after all. "Its a vastly different place to my home world. Much, much less water here." He chucked as he watched as the Padawan sat herself down on the edge of the fountain.

It was time to start the training and in doing so George he pre-planned some of it and already had some equipment hidden from sight. "Nice open area. Looks like a good place to start." He said as he picked up a Coalition blaster from behind a shrub. "Now, I hear you've recently built yourself a new lightsaber, we should definitely put it to the test. I'll set it to stun for now. Just until you get into it. Are you ready?" He said to his Padawan with a smile. He walked back towards her whilst also flicking it over to stun. He didn't want to hurt her. Yet. He wanted her to get use to her new lightsaber before the real test began.

Kixi activated her lightsabre. The blue blade hummed gloriously. There wasn't any wind, and it was sunny. The humming of her blade stood out amongst the sounds of nature that surrounded them. "Okay Master I'm ready."

So it began, the initial part of their training. Her master stepped back around 5 metres and open fire on Kixi. Kixi had no problems deflecting the volley of laser bolts that furiously came at her. Her master then changed the flow a little. Bursts of fire came at her from above, then below, to her side, the fire was rapid, and using the Force Kixi was able to adjust her parry's angles to block the incoming fire. She had already done this sort of stuff before, as a züncålazin back on her home world. However not for this long. The laser fire kept coming at her, from all different angles. Kixi ducked, spun, dove, got up. She could feel herself tiring, and then she faulted. One of the laser bolts hit her on the left side of her hip. "Ouch!". She was able to parry a few more shots, but by now she was losing focus. Another hit her right leg which forced her on her knees. And then another on her right shoulder forcing her to drop her lightsabre. "Ouch, that hurts!", Kixi cried out in agony. Her master then stopped firing. He slowly approached her as Kixi had already picked herself up. Sweat was running down from her forehead. In fact she was dripping with sweat from everywhere. Kixi smiled at her master huffing and puffing. "I guess I need to work on my stamina Master".

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As the training began George unleashed the blaster firing bolts at the Padawan from all directions. She managed to parry the majority of the blaster bolts and avoid the rest. So George decied to ramp up the training. With the aid of the force he began jumping around, creating new angles to fire from and changed his target. From the chest to all over, she would need to deflect anything that came her way so making it a surprise would help her senses and teach her to expect the unexpected. As he ramped up the training he could see that she was beginning to feel fatigued, he movement was slow and she was narrowly avoiding the blaster fire. That was until one managed to beat her defences. She was caught on her hip, the stun setting allowed her to continue, but not without the feeling of pain. She managed to continue but her focus was failing, she soon after was hit again in the leg. Bringing her to the ground. George stopped his fire and made his way over to the Padawan.

"It's alright, your fine. Just breath, focus on breathing. The pain will go shortly." He replied calmly as he knelt down beside her getting a feel of her wound. It wasn't too bad, some light burning from the hit but not serious damage. "You did quite well just then, that was intense volley I gave you. And you did well to last as long as you did." He said with a smile, he was proud of how she did, but of course he wouldn't be her Master if he didn't have some wise word for her. "You got fatigued which lead to you loosing your focus and ultimately lead to the first bolt beating your defence. In a volley like that try to keep your movements short and precise, there is no need to be diving around and using extra energy. It also pays to focus a little more on the direction of your parry. Try pushing it back at them, if you get it in their direction it creates doubt in their mind and allows you to get the upper hand." He said offering his hand to help her off the ground.

Kixi took her master's hand as she stood up. She examined her small burn on her hip. "It will be fine Master", she said in a sweet little voice. She almost sounded like a little girl as she spoke. "I've had worse inflicted upon me." She brushed off the grass and leaves that had gotten stuck on her pants when she had gone down, and then quickly reiterated what her master had just told her.

"So push the blaster bolts back at them. That would actually allow me to stun or kill an enemy with their own blaster fire". She smirked and giggled at the same time. "That would be most efficient actually. Thanks for the tip Master". Kixi by this stage had regained all of her breath. "So can we have another go? I wanna practice redirecting the laser bolts in a given direction. Like back at you Master". She had a big grin on her face as she said that, although she was sure her master would be well on top of it when she would attempt to redirect any of his laser fire back at him. Of course that was assuming that they would continue with this exercise for today. She was still a little fatigued and despite Kixi's best effort to hide the fact, her master could clearly see it.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As Padawan Kixi made her way to her feet she dusted herself off and looked to be ready to go again. "Thats the way." He replied as she thought about what he said and said it back to George to make sure she understood. "Yep, thats exactly it. Turn your defence into offence." He replied as she hinted she wanted to continue with the training. She wanted to test the theory and see how it would work. It was clear to George that she was already quite tired, but he thought this could be a good chance to get her out of her comfort zone, get her working across the line, like an actual battle would do. "If you are alright we can continue, test out what you learnt and then we can call it a day after that." He replied as he had the blaster at the ready by his side waiting for the Padawan to respond.

"I am ready to go again Master". As she spoke those words she cranked her neck a little to the side and moved her shoulders a little to loosen up her body. As she did so a breeze blew in her face causing her hair to wave across to the side in the direction of the wind. It most certainly made her feel good as it cooled down some of that sweat that she had built up only moments ago. "I love it when the wind is so fresh and cool". During all this time she hadn't yet picked up her lightsabre which she had dropped. "Oh yeah it would help if I use this", she said in a cool manner, and giggled for a second or so, while she used the Force to pick up her lightsabre at the same time.

This time Kixi walked a few metres back rather than wait for her master to do so. She hadn't realised however that during the last exercise only moments ago, that she had bruised her leg. She limped slightly as she walked away and then turned around. Her master would clearly see this, but then again again he knew she was already fatigued but would proceed with this next exercise anyway. A good idea as in battle, even the greatest of warriors would get injured from time to time and couldn't afford the luxury of simply not continuing the fight. She ignited her lightsabre, ready, and nodded to her master to begin.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

"Alright get ready then." George replied to his Padawan as she moved a few meters back giving them some room. He noticed a limp in her step, she was clearly more injured than he believed, not noticing the bruise on her leg or the impact on her walking. He decided to make this volley a little simpler, more time between shots and less movement. This exercise was more about focusing the return that avoiding all the bolts. She made a comment about the breeze on her way. "It is nice isn't it." He replied as he steadied the blaster and readied it for the next round.

As George was about to proceed he noticed there was something missing, Padawan Kixi was missing her lightsaber, just as she realized she commented and laughed as she picked it up with the use of the force. "You will probably need that for now. One day you might not need it to stop blaster bolts. But that is for another day." He finished as he removed his offhand lightsaber hilt holding it in his left hand in case he needed to also parry any strikes. With the blaster carefully settled in his right hand and the lightsaber in his left he was set and ready to began. He looked at the Padawan returned the nod she had given him. It was time. George fired 6 shots with a second or so in between, all aimed at her abdomen a place she should easily be able to parry it away from. Lets see how she does this time. He thought to himself as the bolts flew towards the Padawan.

As the bolts came at her in rapid succession, Kixi as per usual had no problems in deflecting them. However this time she needed to focus more at redirecting them back towards her master. The first two bolts she completely deflected back off target. However for the next four she began focusing on the incoming bolts, and then on the source in which they came from, her master's blaster. The third shot came surprising close at hitting him, although not close enough to have to make him evade, block or deflect the shot back. The fourth shot was very much a carbon copy of the third, but finally with the last two shots she had managed to redirect them straight at him. Of course she was never going to actually hit him. He had his own lightsabre at the ready. The first shot at him was blocked, the second came straight back at Kixi, who simply didn't anticipate it, as it came straight back at her like a ping pong. It hit her dead centre in the chest. "Ouch!" She cried out as she once again dropped to one knee and put her hand on her chest where she got hit. Gasping for air, she turned off her lightsabre and sighed. "I guess I still need lots of work Master. I have to say I didn't see that last shot coming back at me a second time."

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As George fired the shots his Padawan had done well to deflect the first few shots however non of them were accurate. The next two shots she managed to get them back right past George, leaving only inches between the blaster bolts and himself. She was getting better with every shot. The last two she deflected were perfect. Straight back at George he quickly ignited his lightsaber and parried the first blaster bolt away from them. The second however he focused and once again returned it towards his Padawan. Hitting her in the chest. She was not expecting it and slipped right through her defences.

As she was hit she dropped to one knee, extinguishing her lightsaber as George walked over, she had much to learn still but she was making progress. "One must always expect the unexpected. Many a Jedi carry both a lightsaber and a blaster so particular scenario could actually happen. Just make sure you're always watching what you opponents are doing and feel the force, let to guide you through." He said as he walked up to her once again offering his hand to help her up. The shot was plumb and she was in pain. George decided that is enough lightsaber training for now. Maybe onto something a little less drastic. After a little break to regain her energy.

Kixi took her master's hand as he offered to help her up. "Thank you Master. I'm not not used to getting shot and hit. In combat I've always worn a body force field shield. It's not that strong, but perfectly suited to protect me from any stray bolts that hit me. I guess this explains why I'm not as good as I thought I was". She looked her master in the eye. "Knowing I can afford to take a few hits to return many, it's actually made me reliant on technology. Clearly not good for when you don't have it". She laughed a little to try and see the bright side of it all, but felt a bit of pain in her chest so thought the better of it and stopped with the laughter.

"So what shall we do later Master?" Kixi asked very enthusiastically. She was sore, but she was very keen to continue training despite her setbacks. Setbacks were normal. The whole idea of training was to learn. If she had already known everything, then there wouldn't be a need to train in the first place. Therefore setbacks would be normal. As long as she learnt from them and grew stronger in the Force, then in the end it would be worth it.

Whilst Kixi would need to wait to regain her energies for any possible later activities, she decided now might be a good time to get to know her Master more. "So could you tell me a little more about yourself? Like why did you become a Jedi, what did you do before becoming one, do you have family?"

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As George helped the Padawan to her feet she told him of the armour she had worn previously that had protected her from almost all hits. "Yes one can't be too reliant on technology. For one day you will not have it, like today. Just make sure your keeping your focus, think that one shot could end it all. You won't let that shot in then." He replied as she made her way to her feet. She laughed as she realized her pain from the blaster bolt and it drew to a close, creating more pain than relief. He was happy with the progress she had made today and it was time for something a little more 'one with the force'.

"Its time for you to connect with the force. We'll head off into the forest, there is a nice little spot surrounded by tranquillity. We'll train further there. But it is a little walk from here." He replied as they began walking, she had shown great determination today and was still quite bubbly after all she had taken. Quite a different person that the Padawan he had met only hours ago.

As they headed off towards the forest Padawan Kixi wanted to know more about her Master, something George knew she would ask eventually. "Well." He replied with a sigh as he thought back to his childhood and his past as whole. "That is a good question my Padawan. Yes I had a family. A mum and a Dad, a long time ago though. I use to live on Glee Anselm with my parents. My father was a great Jedi, and a protector of Glee. I was an only child strong in the force. But like any, my parents feared the outside world, shielding me from it for years. But one night the Sith attacked my home. Killing both my parents but sparing me. Its something that always runs through my mind. That is the main reason I decided to pursue the force. Leading me to the Coalition." He spoke as he looked into the distance, reliving the memory. The thought alone use to strike fear into him, but now he uses it as a constant reminder of the evil of the world. What he is fighting to destroy and to finally bring peace for all the lives that had
been lost to the Sith.

As Kixi walked with her master towards the forest, her master had given her some words of advice to wrap up their sabre training for the day. Kixi listened attentively as her master also congratulated her in her efforts and determination. Her master would then continue to answer her question regarding his past. "The Sith, they hurt you and your family. A terrible loss to lose anyone, especially those closest to us that we love most". Sadness covered Kixi's face as she spoke, and as expected, her bubbly face disappeared. "We have all been touched by the evil around us. It doesn't discriminate that is for sure Master."

"My background is also a turbulent one. Although in my case I have only myself to blame. I didn't listen to my father, who like yours was a Jedi. Instead I sided with the wrong people, and did unspeakable things that for many would be hard to fathom. It got to the point where I had shamed my family and had became an outcast. And to add insult to injury, the people I sided with in the end used me and betrayed me". She kept her head down as she spoke to her master, feeling ashamed to even tell him any of this. But she thought to herself, no point hiding the truth. He will eventually find out. A few drops of tears could be seen in her eyes as she finished off by saying, "So I rounded up my ship's crew, who were and still are loyal to me and left. Left for here". She lifted her head and eyed her master. "Far, far away from all that, but if you ask me, I miss my father and my family, yet I will never be able to go back, even if I wanted to".

As they continued to walk towards the forest, Kixi did ask one more question. "The Sith, I know little about them. I do know they are dangerous and use the dark side of the Force. It is complicated, but I feel that I once used the dark side, like in a dream, but it feels more like another reality. No idea what it is however, but I know the Sith and the dark side are related. Can you tell me more about them since you yourself have experienced them first hand?"

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As George and Padawan Kixi walked towards the forest George told her the story of his past. She slumped into sadness as it seemed that it too reminded her of the past. One she was not proud of. "It was hard to take in, lucky I had some of my parents friends take me in. Give me shelter. I was only 10 at the time the tragedy struck." He finished as Kixi began to speak about her past. One of sadness and regret. George could feel the pain in her heart. Knowing her father is still out there but unable to see him must've been difficult. A tear dropped down her face. George couldn't help but comfort the Padawan. "We all do things we regret. It's a part of life." Trying to help as he put his hand on her shoulder as she looked at the ground.

Finally she ended with the hardest part. She missed her family, but believed that she could never return to them. But if there was anything George could think of was that it wasn't over. They were still alive and forgiveness is something that he believed she truly deserved. "Nothing is impossible Padawan. In time your parents will forgive you for what you have done. Time heals wounds of all kinds. You will see your parents again. You have nothing to worry about." He finished as she looked up at him. She seemed like such a nice girl. So sweet, so innocent. Obviously they hadn't known each other for long. But she was pure in the force. He felt the good inside of her. That would be the thing that pushed her, the good inside will prevail.

As she changed topics back to the sith she asked one quite interesting question. Tell me about the sith. The thought of the wretched things sent shivers down his spine. "The Sith are pure evil. They don't just use the darkside of the force, they live it, they embrace it. It is their lives. Pain and suffering is their friend. The feeling of the darkside oozes of them like a plague. It is the worst feeling being in their presence. Everything about them screams death." George instantly felt his soul darkening with the though of them. He wished not to tell the Padawan of this, but felt it would be better to warn her now. Rather than letting her face the unknown in the future.

As Kixi's master spoke his words of comfort to his padawan, Kixi nodded in acknowledgment. They were somewhat comforting and it pleased Kixi a lot that her master actually cared for her. However she knew deep down that the reality of the truth was that for the most part of things, she had been the culprit. She thought better to drop it for now and simply concentrate on her training. She did add one important thing though. "My father has forgiven me. He is one with the Force now. He helped guide me to my lightsabre crystal on a mission we both had participated in recently with Master Coci Heavenshield. It is myself that I find hard to forgive, and the matter of returning home is a little more complex Master. But perhaps food for discussion for another time". She paused for a moment and returned the topic to her master's past.

"So you were without parents since age 10. You had it a lot harder than I did at such a young age, those Sith are......", as she said those words an image flashed in her mind, a sensation that felt so real. She saw herself in a Sith holding cell, weak, vulnerable and she was holding her sweat heart Mako in her hands who had been beaten up and dying. It felt so real that in that moment, that instant it frightened Kixi. She put her hands on her face and screamed. "Noooooooooooooo". The sensation soon passed and Kixi just stood there in front of her master. "What just happened", she said dumbfounded. "That happened just as you described the Sith". Of course her master had no idea what Kixi had just seen or felt. All He had seen was her cover her eyes with her hands and scream suddenly and unexpectedly.

[member="Kixi Rajki"]

As George walked beside his Padawan she told him the sad news of her father, who was now one with the force. "I am sorry to hear that." He replied as his face too turned sad. She quickly moved on from that as it was clear that she didn't like dwelling on her past. Understandable for one that believes they are responsible for tragedies in their past. But anyhow they continued walking as Kixi was speaking, but just as soon as she changed topics something was wrong. Mid sentence she stopped, face shocked from fear. George could feel darkness surrounding them, but what it was exactly George had no idea.

Moments after she stopped she let out a terrifying scream. She must have been trapped inside her own head as there was nothing but trees around them. George placed his hands on each of her shoulders. "Are you alright?" He questioned, rather worried about his Padawan, after what had just happened. She seemed confused as if she had already forgotten what happened. But at the same time, she knew exactly what happened. "What do you mean? Did you see the Sith?" He continued, looking for answers to his Padawans fears. They stopped and he motioned for her to sit down beside a tree. He wanted to make sure everything was alright before continuing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom