Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In my Jungle, my Mighty Jungle (Rikki)

I smiled at the teasing sigh, and it widened at the feel of Rikki's nails on my stomach. This sort of thing was probably the reason I couldn't keep my hands off her, even when I didn't actively want to have our little 'playtimes'. I leaned my face into the top in her hair, feeling the comfortable pressure of her horns on my cheeks and forehead.

"My golden rose, and all these lovely thorns. I'd offer to be your knight, but you're the kind of damsel who gives distress a mouthful of buckshot. That's the best kind."

[member="Rik'Tani"]

Rik'Tani

Cross's Gold-skinned Princess
((........ D'AWWWWWWW!!!! :wub: ))

That comment. Rikki had heard so many different flirtatious comments come from Cross's lips. But this one.... It felt different. It felt..... real. So real that it actually made her blush. Her smile disappeared. Suddenly, she was afraid. Serious things like this? She didn't know how to handle them. She'd never HAD to handle them before. Every relationship she'd ever had was short, sweet, and mostly physical. This was the first time in her life where everything was off. It was deeper than she'd known. Because she was only just starting to realize it now, it scared her. She gently loosened Cross's hold around her waist and distanced herself from him a bit. She kept her back to him, hugging herself slightly.
[member="Cross Ikon"]

((Sugar does odd things to me sometimes... That has to be the, um... third sappiest thing I've ever written. The other two are fanfiction, I think. <3))

I realized I'd done something wrong... Rikki'd never actually pulled away from me like that before. But I'd also probably said something different... What was getting to her so much? I let go of her waist, and stepped around to see her hugging herself.

"Did I do something, Rikki? I'm not lying, or trying to tie you down, or anything. I really do love you."

[member="Rik'Tani"]

Rik'Tani

Rikki's eyes were glued to the ground. "But..... How can you?" She said, her voice just barely above a whisper. "People.... They don't really love each other. They just say that because it sounds nice and makes them feel better. But they never mean it. They spend a little time together, flirting around and shacking up, but they always end up leaving for the next dik'kut that comes to town....." She was oblivious to the fact that her eyes were starting to water a little bit. Wait, tears? tears?? What the feth was going on?? Why was she scared?? Why was she acting like this??
[member="Cross Ikon"]

"Rikki..."

I put my arms around her shoulders, far less provocative than the usual way I hugged her. My voice lowered to a whisper as I leaned my head on her shoulder. I could feel a few tears falling onto her, but I didn't move to wipe them off. I made her cry, now? People were supposed to be happy when they were with somebody they loved... Or maybe this was the other side of it... You're supposed to share the other person's sadness, too?

"I'm not people... I'm a relic of ancient history. Just like that ship you love so much, and this house, and every last man and woman who came out of stasis with me on the fleet. I love you, Rikki, because you're everything. You're my best friend, and my drinking buddy, and the person I wish I was sleeping next to when I'm alone. I get sad when you're gone, in a way I can't drink myself out of. You've got me for as long as you want me, and probably even when you don't."

[member="Rik'Tani"]

Rik'Tani

She let out a sharp sigh, a little embarrassed. "Frak. If my parents could see me now...." She said in a sad kind of chuckle. She swiftly wiped her eyes, even though more tears leaked out. "I know. Crying, Rikki? Really?? I just....... I've never really loved anybody like this before. I don't know if I can do it......."
[member="Cross Ikon"]

I chuckled quietly, too, even though I was still crying a little bit. A little bit of a sad sigh escaped me, too.

"I'm not really sure, either... But I know I do love you. And I won't leave you... Ever. l want to hold you close and dance through space like the first night we met."

[member="Rik'Tani"]

Rik'Tani

Rikki smiled warmly, the tears still glistening on her cheeks, and gently rested her forehead on his shoulder. "Then I guess..... We figure this out together?" She asked softly.
[member="Cross Ikon"]

I turned my head slightly so I could see Rikki's face, and I smiled a little bit.

"Yes, we figure our problems out together. And everything else. Sound good?"

[member="Rik'Tani"]

Rik'Tani

She gave him a thumbs up. "Good to go, Cross."

((You wanna end it here, oh go a little bit further?))
[member="Cross Ikon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom