Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaddak
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber
Tag: Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Valery didn't need to tune into her bond with Cora to know how she was feeling right now. It was suppressed, sure, but Valery had far too much experience helping people not to pick up on the finer expressions. She also knew Cora really well, and she completely understood her perspective in all of this.

They'd have a chance to talk about it later, but for now, Valery just wanted to complete the mission.

Luckily, with all three of them working together, it didn't take too long to move the crates out of the shuttle, and onto Jenn's ship. A good thing, because she had a feeling the two of them were rather keen on getting away from this planet, and perhaps even away from this deal.

"I think that's it," Valery said with a sigh of relief. "Anything else before we part ways?"

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Kaddak
| Objective | Situation Normal

Jenn worked in silence, helping the pair move the heavy crates of armor over to her ship - but, even as she set about her task diligently, the Mandalorian found herself reminded of how poor her grasp on her own powers remained. Corazona, although merely a Padawan, possessed a far greater deal of control over what she could accomplish with the Force: although some might dismiss levitation as but a simple trick, particularly compared to the miracles of Force Healing or the sheer devastation unleashed by more offensive spells, the Nite Owl did not. Attempting to emulate the girl would only result in humiliation, this much she knew: her earlier attempt to pull a blaster to her had been instinctive and driven by necessity, and the speed and strength of the blaster's trajectory far exceeded that which she had meant for.

The silence left her introspective, and perhaps even moody. The message was simple, expected, logical... and no less upsetting. Valery would look after her Padawans, and undoubtedly those of others, even if it meant confrontation with her friend. Just as Jenn would protect her own if it came down to it, in the field or during an argument.

Cold comfort, really.

It was after helping the pair load the crate of lightsabers onto their ship that Jenn finally allowed a sigh of relief to escape her lips, echoing Valery's own. Amicable business between two friends concluded, she found herself all too eager to depart and begin the long, tedious process of identifying the identity of each and every last fallen warrior whose beskar'gam she had just saved.

But when Valery asked that question, she gave her a slight nod.

"Keep an eye on your Padawans", she warned - and yet, her gaze did not flit over to Corazona. "Old friend of mine ran into one after our raid on your worlds, out in space near Kiffu. I made sure she got home safe and didn't end up in a cell in Tor Valum, but I'm not burning any more bridges - for your sake, or that of your Order. Only so many friends I've got left after my little stunt in the Council."

And with that, she went to climb back into the cockpit of her starfighter.

Last edited:
Fortunately, the rest of the mission proceeded smoothly and without incident. The confrontation had been nullified, even if all three of them were left with the sort of dissatisfaction that gnawed at you from the inside out.

Cora kept Jenn in her periphery as they silently worked, a sign that she didn't wholly trust the Mandalorian despite Valery's bond. Whenever the Padawan felt a visored gaze on her, she figured it to be from a similar wariness, not in admiration of her abilities.

Would she have felt differently if she'd known?

When their business concluded, Jenn left them with a word of warning. It was then where Cora's mask gave way to a small frown, brow scrunching slightly in concern - then it relaxed upon hearing that the Padawan in question was safe, and that Jenn had been the one to look after them.

Cora suppressed the urge to pepper the Mandalorian with questions regarding the Padawan's identity.

Instead, she gave the woman a lingering stare, fixed to where she imagined her eyes would be behind that helmet. Strange that they made such a fuss over concealing themselves, but there were far stranger things in the galaxy.

Cora's gaze was not angry, but it was intense. After a few moments, she turned to ascend the ramp of The Bastion.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom