Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Aeternum Obsidia (Knights Obsidian)

Old Man Story

O
Citadel.gif
"Strong Alone - Stronger Together."

purple1.png
The Confederacy was still brooding over their brutal, pyrrhic victory at Arkam 13. As the Confederate Defense Force and Knights Obsidian worked in tandem to secure the population and eliminate resistance, several teams had reported back heavy civilian casualties, and others even "no survivors." It was a somber time for the Knighthood, especially in the wake of their loss of the Dominus Prime, [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"] . Their morale was dead on arrival, and while efforts had been put in place to set things right, it was a time of turmoil and of rebuilding.

To that end, the newest Knights had been invited to the Obsidian Citadel on Ryloth, one of the several locations, that the Division operated out of. There was a spread that could feed an army, as well as drinks for those who were less socially inclined. It was an opportunity for new and old to come together, for people to make friends, and to get closer to their partners and allies. A strong team was a team that survived, even in the face of the most overwhelming odds.

The main concourse was filled with initiates and full fledged knights, lined up in their ranks to greet fresh blood. All of them were eager to get to the festivities- but that would come later.

ezgif-2-28fd6599c674.gif
Tags:

[member="Elessar Talon"]
[member="Kurenai Yumi"]
[member="Ithiel Vi'Dreya"]
[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]
[member="Marek Starchaser"]
[member="Nine Lives"]
[member="Rylan Kordel"]
[member="Shalita Vi'dreya"]
[member="STaCLO"]
[member="Djonas Vile"]
[member="Anastasia Vi'dreya"]
[member="Anya Malvern"]
[member="Khia Varad"]
[member="Gerwald Lechner"]
[member="Isarn Apis"]
[member="Varick Lechner"]
[member="Alwine Lechner"]
[member="Taramaz Laurs"]
[member="Naedira Darcrath"]
[member="Aitir Kor'sa"]
[member="Krest"]
[member="Uthixo Nazim"]
@A'Runda
[member="Madalena Antares"]
[member="Kasca Fen"]
[member="Veronika Fleischer"]
[member="Asher Mossa"]
[member="Pom Stych Tivé"]
[member="Alkor Centaris"]

Ahron attended, admittedly quite begrudgingly. She didn't like people. Or, well, she didn't like large groups of people. This was a large group of people, and that meant she was drugged up far more than she normally would be when dealing with people. It helped. Made it easier to ignore all the thoughts, feelings, and emotions she had no choice but to listen too. A useless ability in a situation like this, as she couldn't differentiate between one person and the other. On top of having to have the occasional polite conversation, it felt as if everyone in the room, and the building as a whole was trying to tell her their life story at the same time, as loudly as they could.

Hence, why she hated being around people. She would much prefer to relax somewhere away from everyone, but she had to listen to these people. She had to be here, she had to talk to them. It was the lock step mentality of any organization. Be a part of the group and suffer as you are. Then again, she doubted anyone could understand that. So she was stuck.

Oh well.

She decided she should do something productive. So, she swayed on over to a table where someone was standing. "So... Nice party?" She said, demonstrating her failure of social skills. "Uh... I'm Ahron?" She added, her drugged tone and lack of skill at this part of social pleasantries making her sound as if she were unsure if that was even her name.

Bcj802.png
Wearing: Dress
Tags: Feel free to join!

Change. Change was everything, wasn't it? As soon as you thought you had vanquished the demons, solved all the problems, and could actually breathe for the span of a moment or two, you were served with something new that would change, something new that would put you in front of new demons, new problems, new troubles, and there would be no breathing until that was resolved.

And change was on the wind again. With the change in the person who served the Knights Obsidian as the Dominus Prime, Madalena had been promoted to Knight Commander of the Knights Obsidian. There was a ceremony that would happen, and thus the official notice had not gone out yet. For all those whom it concerned, she was now Archivist Antares. No longer a Pathfinder. It had been a painful move for her, to go from one of the groups to the other. Yet what else could she do when the song that she had heard so clearly while fighting when she had unknowingly inhabited her sister's body was no longer there when she was in her own?

And now to come to a party on Ryloth… Madalena had to work hard to put aside the discomfort of coming to this planet brought on her. She knew now that this discomfort was the result of the falsified memories she'd held for nearly a year. That there was no reason for her to feel as though the planet screamed at her to get out.

This party though. This get together. It was everything. None of the people who would be gathering here today would know her. Those that would recognize the name would not recognize the body. And as such, Madalena put the most beautiful and warm of smiles upon her face as she entered the Rylothy Citadel.

Change was in the air. And Madalena would work her personal charm, professionalism at the job, and anything else she could do to ensure that this change would be one that did not come with new problems, and that all those involved in it would be able to breathe through the entire thing.

See with eyes unclouded by hate
Wearing:
invisible_man.jpg
Tags: [member="Madalena Antares"]

Once again it was time for the Tusken to put on his "fancy" garbs for another social gathering. Some side effects of his Radiological poisoning still remained. But he was still healthy enough for full service again. His face and body were still a tad gaunt, which the baggy clothes did good to conceal. He figured this would be a good setting for him to get back into the confederate picture. To meet new faces that have joined in the last year or so since he'd been on the brink of death. Literally pouring out everything his body body from both ends in an escape pod over Copero.

Despite the remarkable recovery, aided by modern medical tech, A'Runda was sure he would've died if he relied on the sparse amount of medical herbs Tuskens had access to on Tatooine. Nonetheless he was here now, and that should be all that mattered to him. Currently A'Runda was having a hard time telling if this as a gala, simple social gathering, or some official state party. All he knew was that it was possibly a way to improve moral which had reached a low point from recent assignments he'd been on.

With a drink in hand, one that he wasn't actually drinking unless he wanted to remove his mask or stain it, he looked around at those who'd gathered here for the day, afternoon, night? He wasn't sure, ever since he'd gone off world from Tatooine he'd had a poor idea of what time it was at any given moment. Though his visors he saw a new face come in. A rather lovely women, or from what he could tell since he didn't have the best idea of what was attractive and what wasn't, so he based it all on initial instinct... and love potions apparently. Figuring he should meet the newcomer he approached her. "Greetings Miss, I don't believe the two of us have met before. I am Archivist A'Runda, of Tatooine. May I have the pleasure-able of learning your name while we're at this gala?" It would be clear to anyone else that his basic wasn't the best still. Mistaking the word pleasure with pleasurable, and thinking that all social events were galas. Yet he tried his best to be endearing, in his own way. Little did he know he'd interacted with this women before. Just in a different body.

Vereshin

V
After being frisked by security, much to his displeasure, Vereshin phased through the wall of the main hall and swiped a black, glossy cigarette holder from inside his waistcoat. He wore a blue and purple galaxy suit, with stars which really sparkled and an iridescent, light shifting bowtie. Placing the holder between his teeth, he fastened a cigarette in the end and snapped his fingers, lighting it with a spark of electricity. He took it from his mouth and blew a puff of sm0ke into the air, then swanned forward, looking every bit the eccentric intellectual who liked science way too much. With his hand in his trouser pocket, he held back the hem of his jacket and looked around for where he could get a glass of wine.

Luckily, a Twi'lek waitress strolled by holding a tray, from which Vereshin plucked a glass of red and took a sip. Savoring the taste for a moment, he turned around to see if he could see anybody he recognized, which was few, since he had only been in Confederacy space for less than a week. One person did stand out to him, one Madalena Antares, the kind woman who had rescued from the beach after he had come out of the black hole. He decided to join her and the Tusken raider she was speaking to, strolling across the floor with his cigarette holder poised rakishly between his fingers. Taking sips from his glass of wine, he approached Madalena smoothly, never once faltering in his stride.

Vereshin's presence in the Force seethed, unmasked, like the all consuming vortex of a singularity, a force so strong that no light could escape from it.

"Ah, Miss Antares, I do believe I owe you my gratitude." Vereshin said, placing a hand against his chest. His voice was soft, lulling across the air with the feint remnants of an accent. Taking a drag on his cigarette holder, he blew smoke away from Madalena's face, then brought it to his lips again."My thanks for rescuing me on that rather unusual day." He said, then held out his hand, offering Madelana to give him her own. Beside her, the Tusken Raider asked her name, which Vereshin opted to give him.

"This is Madalena Antares, friend, she rescued me when I came out of a black hole." Vereshin introduced Madalena, his words accompanied by a chuckle when he mentioned the predicament she had found him in. Gesturing towards her, he adjusted his bowtie, which caught the light of the chandelier, the colours shifting like one of his spells. "My name is Vereshin, but you may call me Vi, if you like." He offered his nickname, as well as a hand for the Tusken to take. "I was recently granted the position of archivist myself." He said, taking a sip of wine. The role was a welcome change from the Sith, he thought. Gone were the days of brutal power struggles and needless violence, indeed, he felt like he had found a more, daresay, courteous seat in which to practice his craft.

"What is your name?" Vereshin asked the Tusken. The stars on his suit glimmered under the light, his wine glass catching them in it's reflection. "I'd be very interested to know what kinds of projects you are working on." He said, inviting the Tusken to talk about his work, which would Vereshin would have greatly enjoyed listening to. Pointing towards Madalena with his cigarette, he gave a nod in her direction. "You too, m'lady, are you working on anything currently?" He asked, extending the offer to Madalena as well.

[member="Madalena Antares"], [member="A'Runda"]

Kurenai had been present for the events that took place on Arkam, an event that was quite royally karked in many ways, it served as a thorn in the side of the CIS and the knights due to what transpired, the Ren able to inflict quite a heavy toll, more so then they would have guessed. That though, was unfortunately the way of war, she among all people knew this well, the outcome of the battle seeming to have no effect on her, even with the lose of Cardinal her mood did not change much, very few things did.Not that they had time to be sad or morn, the knights were tough as their name said, their skills sharp and ready to be used though as time showed very jagged, in a sense the order had very little social interaction with one another.

Such was not lost on her upon arriving at the citadel 'party' room, her usual hardy attire and military gear puts aside for something more, 'pretty' as a friend had stated. The outfit consisting of a bright red kimono comprising a floral pattern over it surface, being firmly secured around her waist by a stylish yellow sash. Needless to say it was a little embarrassing to be wearing such contrasting colors compared to her regular clothing, then again maybe no one would notice, to quite a few tihs would be their first interaction with her.

Walking further into the room Kurenai's eyes roamed around the gathered crowd only finding few very familiar faces among the Knights, once again sore reminder of how few friends she had in the CIS. The only two of familiarity was the Tusken [member="A'Runda"] and a women seeming to be [member="Madalena Antares"], though she was unsure at the moment, the whole story around her was still a little confusing and she herself had never talked to the women outside of combat. The two seeming to be in a conversation with a man who's name eluded her mind, though she could have sworn she had seen the man before.

Other then that the only remaining person of attention was a unique looking lizard man with hair? or what seemed to act as it, Kurenai's first instinct to compare them to a Tandoshan, but that wouldn't be right, no the scent was all wrong. Needless to say it was a peculiar sight, more so with their apparent almost dunked nature, were they a new recruit? Regardless it was something different, Kurenai slowly making her way through the crowd towards the individual in question, walking up behind them at the table. "You see unsure of yourself today, are you perhaps feeling unwell? Or is this type of environment not something you are used to".

[member="Ahron Rol"]

Ahron turned to [member="Kurenai Yumi"] when she spoke, looking the person over. She paused, listening to what the woman said to her, then gave a awkward, toothy grin. "Unsure? No, not unsure," Ahron said, her voice still slow as she looked down at her glass. "I don't like crowds. Crowds irritate my condition, and as such I need to take more of my medication to deal with it," She shrugged, pouring some of her water into her muzzle. The quills along her head and neck twitched as she stood there silently. "I'm not very good in social situations like this. It's been a while since I've needed to be social," She said simply.

Bcj802.png
Tags: @A'Runda [member="Vereshin"] Feel free to join!

In the time that passed between Madalena's entrance and being approached by a person she recognized as [member="A'Runda"], one of her squad mates on a mission against the undead in Sith space territory, she had the time to grab a drink in her hand, and munch down on a cube of some sweet fruit that she did not recognize. Not that this was any form of a surprise; in Scherezade's body, she had not eaten any fruit, and now it was all new to her and her taste buds.

And while yes, his Basic wasn't the best, she understood exactly what it was he was asking, and she offered him a warm smile. But before she could answer, the two were joined by [member="Vereshin"], the man Madalena had helped earlier that week. She nodded to him with a similar warm smile as he put his hand to his chest and thanked her for it.

"This is Archivist A'Runda," she introduced the two to each other, "I was the mission leader when we needed to head out to Jaromir many months ago." She looked at A'Runda again. She remembered.

"Three Archivists walk into a bar," she offered as she realized that indeed – all three of them belonged to that group of the Knights Obsidian. Though, she did not particularly care for his cigarette, and with the gentles breeze of the Force, she directed its smoke and smell away from her and A'Runda.

"I'm not on any specific projects right now though," she admitted, "I've recently transitioned from Pathfinder to Archivist and I might be transferring again soon. At present I prefer to support other people's projects, as the time to lead them is not right now for me."

It seemed as though as soon as the Tusken had asked another gentlemen arrived, helping to introduce the women before him. However, this put a very perplexed expression on the poor mans face after learning her name. Which his confusion only deepened as the women introduced who he was to the man. A'Runda, riddled with doubt in his own experiences now.

She shared the same name, and spoke of the same time together on Jaromir. Yet she was not the same women. Well she didn't seem to be. Turning to face her, peering at her masked skepticism through his visor covered eyes. It had to of been some crazy Force Magic hoop-la because one day she was Schereade, then Madalena, and now this women was claiming to be her.

"Um, if you don't mind me questioning Miss Madalena, but do you remember the color of my old lightsaber from our mission to Jaromir? As well as what happened to me with a certain creature on the same mission?" If she could answer this then he may believe that she was the same person and he could continue on as normal. After asking he looked to [member="Vereshin"] with a bit of a "bare with me" look before speaking to him.

"It is true, I to am and Archivist. I'm currently working on getting assigned to a project on Val Kor to learn and study the culture and skills of the Shappers there. Who are a rather obscure Force Order in the galaxy." He explained to them, sharing what he has been up to lately. "I would've done so sooner if I hadn't gotten so sick after the conflict on Copero.

[member=Madalena Antares]

Old Man Story

O
The Knights had begun to filter in, and new faces moved past more experienced veterans who remained in line, stoic. Those who arrived in the grand concourse first were greeted with the scent of some of the best made food in all the Confederacy, as well as the sight of various projects currently in the works for the Knighthood. They were granted the privilege of seeing this information not only to entice them, but to give them the understanding that entry into the Knights Obsidian came with certain rights.

It also came with similar responsibilities. They did not want to place light on the actions of those lost, however; instead, they wanted to focus on the future, and to do so, they planned to unveil a number of changes recently made during this soiree. Seats were uniform and labeled with each Knight's name and placed so that they could choose to sit or stand, until such time as the Dominus Prime gave them leave to eat.

As of yet, he had not showed...

So everyone present was free to continue mingling freely, and encouraged to stretch their legs and look around.

[member="A'Runda"] [member="Madalena Antares"] [member="Vereshin"] [member="Ahron Rol"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Kurenai silently listened to the other force user as they explained their inexperience with such an event, a feeling she was able to relate with quite easily. Her hand pouring a drink for herself, before turning back to the newcomer, taking a small sip. "I remember my first time at a party organised by the CIS, it was before the knights were created, many of those there were political figures and I wasn't exactly good with talking to non military personal". "Needless to say it was rather awkward to make conversation with anyone, I spent most of the knight at the bar drinking instead of getting to know anyone, bascially I can understand your situation a little, but perhaps we can change that a little". She extended a hand towards the reptilian individual, "I am Kurenai Yumi, I guess a senior Knight Obsidian, Pathfinder Branch, may I know your name"?

[member="Ahron Rol"]

Ahron stood there staring at the extended hand carefully for a moment. She didn't understand the gesture. Touching hands in greeting seemed a little over the top. No point. Now licking. She could understand that. Knowing the taste of someone was very useful. Couldn't life them easily with that. That, and you'd have an idea of how tasty they are if you should ever eat them...

She really need to get something to eat. She looked around, and noticed the tables with food on them. "Very nice to meet you [member="Kurenai Yumi"]," she said, taking her hand, and instead of shaking it, using it to pull her towards the food table. "I am Ahron Rol, I am a person who joined this organization a little while ago, and I am a Mandragora. Don't ask me about tank or position or any of that because quite honestly," she said, looking over the table with a grimace crossing her face.

"They never take into account the possibility of me being actually hungry," she grumbled, looking over the food again. "Where's a body when you need one?"

Vereshin

V
When Madalena placed her hand against Vereshin's chest, he lightly wrapped his fingers around it and placed an air kiss on the top. Taking another sip of wine, he smoothed back a strand of his hair which had escaped the gel on his head and smiled. She introduced him to the other archivist, whose named turned out to be A'Runda and Vereshin offered him a hand to shake. Madalena mentioned that A'Runda and herself had been partners on a mission, which struck Vereshin's curiosity, even if undertaking missions of factional importance was not something he did often. For the most, the sorcerer kept to himself, but accepted that he would he would be assigned Confederate task very soon, which he would need to complete in order to keep his rank within their organization.

Vereshin chuckled at Madalena's joke, but offered no response. He was not particularly good at telling jokes which were not about differential calculus or black holes, so decided not to intrude on her offer of humor. Nodding quietly to Madalena, he took a drag on his cigarette holder as she explained that she was not working on anything in particular, having only recently transferred to the rank of archivist. When she said that she preferred to support the projects of others, Vereshin smiled, baring a mouth full of black teeth.

"That's very considerate of you." He said, adjusting his bowtie. Indeed, it was a kind gesture of the other archivist, one Vereshin doubted he could manage himself, as he was far too immersed in his own work to think about what others were doing. "If you were ever interested in assisting in the field of time manipulation, do let me know." He said with a nod and sipped his wine. Beside Madalena, her Tusken friend mentioned that he was indeed, also an archivist, which made three of them and spoke of his work on Val Kor, where he was studying the arts of the shapers, causing Vereshin to tap his chin with intrigue. While he did not care for elemental magic, the art of shaping prompted him to think about ways that the effect could be achieved with alchemy, or even his own branch of magic.

"Very interesting, I've never much cared for elemental magic myself, but I've often wondered if an alchemic approach to the craft could produce a more complex output." Vereshin said diplomatically. The light from the chandelier flickered in the glitter on Vereshin's suit, the colours on his bowtie shifting hypnotically, moving over and under like the effects of a spell. Shifting his eyes, he tilted his head and looked at the Tusken, then pointed at him with his cigarette holder. "Alchemy can be used to manipulate the molecular structure of elements such as oxygen for example, in order to cast fire." Vereshin said eagerly.

"There are even alchemists who can transmute water into corrosive liquid and melt solid formations." Vereshin spoke quickly, with the eagerness of a child waiting to hear about a silly little idea. He did not suppose that A'Runda might not be using his shaping in combat, but the idea was there nonetheless and Vereshin was now curious to see how alchemic techniques could be used in the craft. "Now, I am not an alchemist myself, if you asked me to transmute air, I couldn't do it, but I'd still be very interested to see how their techniques could be applied to shaping." With a nod, Vereshin downed the rest of his wine and looked around for where he could get another. When a waitress strolled by, he helped himself to another glass and an olive, which he popped into his mouth. He had to eat something if he was going to be drinking wine all night.

[member="Madalena Antares"], [member="A'Runda"]

Bcj802.png
Tags: [member="A'Runda"] [member="Vereshin"] +Feel free to join!

Madalena wasn't sure, but she thought she could feel the doubt within [member="A'Runda"]. It made sense for him to though. After all, the last time he had heard that name, Madalena had been inside the body of her sister, Scherezade. There was a feint memory from that time as well, and she knew he'd also met Scherezade as Scherezade, but… It was all very confusing for anyone who wasn't involved. She supposed that meant she would have to explain it all to him, but… Now was hardly the time. There were too many ears, too many people listening.

"Your lightsaber's beam was white," she answered with a soft smile, "and you hadn't read the briefing prior to the mission, which ended you and another person on that mission vulnerable to the worms we had to deal with. You got bitten, and I had to deliver the antidote, and after the mission we had to ship you for more intensive care to ensure there was no lingering damage to your tissues."

Offering him a warm smile now, she nodded. "I remember all the missions I led. I remember all the people I led on them. I don't forget my responsibilities. And I know you have many questions right now… I would love to answer them another time though, when we have more privacy."

Turning to Vereshin, "I'm afraid I know very little about time manipulating," she said, "I have more hands on experience with different dimensions, but it's mostly due to being involved in various settings that involve them. The true expert on the matter is my sister, Scherezade deWinter, who is part of the Knights Obsidian as well, but she could not be here tonight."

The subject returned to the matter of Alchemy, and Madalena listened carefully. Most people in her family could control at least one of the elements, but she herself had not reached that part in her path yet, and neither had she ever touched Alchemy. On this specific subject, she preferred to let the men raise their own theories, at least for the time being.

Listening to Madalena's response he would reply. "Well, technically I believe I was scratched by the worms. But in my book you passed my little pop-test." A'Runda gave a concealed smile behind his wrappings. "All I can really say is that if I was glad you were leading us. If it wasn't for you my insides would've turned into curdled bantha milk." He added, referring to the potent venom the worms possessed. "But, like you said, I should've been more cautious and looked into being briefed. I'm very out of my element when on lush worlds."

Using that as a way to transition over to [member="Vereshin"] he'd reply to him. "Oh yes, then I may be a little familiar with alchemy, that is without really knowing it. You see I have some skill in pyrokinesis. Which has worked wonders to keep my warm on Tatooine's many cold nights." He watched as a man drank from his glass of wine. Which prompted A'Rudna to look down at the glass he was holding, which he only picked up so his hands had something to hold onto. But he could really drink it unless he wanted to stain his wrappings. Perhaps he could ask for a straw...

"Honestly though, I'm looking into elemental manipulation for less intel... intellec... um, academic reason. My sorrys, basic is my fourth language, behind Jawanese and Huttese." The last he never really considered a language because of his disdain for the species. "As a Tusken I have a very spiritual connection to my planet, and most if not all Tuskens do. That's why you never really see any off world. I wish that I could further my spiritual connection through the art of shaping." He explained to the man.

Looking over to [member="Madalena Antares"] as she talked about dimensions, but heard her mention that Scherezade was her sister. Which just added onto his own confusion, but he wouldn't bring it up. After all she did say she'd be willing to explain it to him another time.

I am a son of the Mountain.
purple1.png
Location: Obsidian Citadel | Wearing: This {white} | Tags: @A'Runda [member="Madalena Antares"] @Vereshin @Ahron Rol [member="Kurenai Yumi"]
From what Elessar understood, there was no higher honor than to be named the Dominus Prime of the Knight's Obsidian. They were, essentially, the first and final line of defense to the Confederate way of life. A Force user order that stood for defense and security. So his new position was not so different from his old. The Echani General had snow white hair that fell down just over his shoulders and matched his features perfectly. The white cloak that flowed down towards the floor was a pristine white as well, though the shirt underneath was a pale, frost-like blue. Elessar moved with an elegance befitting royalty. He moved through the room and his eyes danced from one person to the next. The content expression on his face did not falter as he looked to those Knights that had gathered for the event. These were his new soldiers, his new comrades.

His presence in the Force was subtle, muted through his own will. It would almost appear as if he had no deep root in the twisting nether of the Force. Once he had taken a look at each of the men and women before him, he made his way to the center of the room. There was a small podium and a stage which he could have employed, he chose not to.

Some of the Knight's approached, though most simply watched him. He looked hilariously mute as his eyes danced from one man to the next, ascertaining information that he would no doubt use later, but in this moment it was especially quiet. He clasped his hands together behind his back, pressing them against the sash that held the lightsaber close to his hip. Finally, when he spoke his voice was even and clear.

"My name is Elessar Talon and as of now, I am the Dominus Prime." Words that many had been waiting to hear, eager to know just who would fill the role that Cardinal Vi'dreya had left behind. "I am sure many of you have questions and I promise I will answer them but first there are some things I must say. The first being...."

"You've all done well." His words were genuine, as he continued to look to those around him. He did not speak hypothetically or of past conquers, he had studied the order closely the past weeks and their accomplishments, even individualy, were known to him. "It is the wish of the Vicelord and the Exarch's that the Knight's Obsidian remain a force who can preserve the integrity of our nation. You've done this. As your Dominus Prime, I ask that you continue to do so."

There was a moment of silence, one that Elessar was able to make use of. His eyes fell upon [member="Alkor Centaris"] for the briefest of moments. He was one of the few that Elessar had already spoken with and learned a bit about. "Alkor Centaris, come forward. [member="Madalena Antares"], come forward." Elessar stepped back, gesturing to the two Knight's before allowing his voice to rise once again. "None of you know me, but you know the two of them. They have led you, taught you, helped you rise above the expectations of the Confederacy. They have both shown courage and discipline in the field of combat. That is why I will not be leading you alone. The time where the Dominus Prime acted as sole ruler is over."

"Alkor Centaris and Madalena Antares are officially named Knight-Commander's. Each of them will report directly to me, leading the Knight's Obsidian in it's future endeavors." Many of the Knights began to clap, applauding those within their ranks who were promoted through their own hard work.

The long wait for the women beast to act lasted forever, seemed to make the situation even more awkward but Kurenai kept her stoic nature through it all, sort of going with the flow. This became a bit more litteral as she found her body being pulled over to the table by the newcomer to the CIS, now being faced with issue of what to eat.

“When you say body do you mean like a whole banther? Or does your appetite involve other people”? It was somthing she could slightly relate to, even if her version of eating people more revolved aruond blood sucking then actually consuiming flesh. It was always a little strange when conversing with beast humanionds over food, it was during such talks where racial differences seemed to shine the most.

Unfortunately their little conversation came to and end as a person began to address the assembled members, Kurenai turning around to face the man of clear Enchani origin. His speah made sense for most part, but come the end of it she felt a bit of anger in her heart. They were slightly returning to the old format that the knights had, with three main leading members, the women’s arms crossing as more explanation was given.

Was it surprising, no, she for herself never understood why Metus disbanded the old ruling trio of dominus for a prime. Now with them returning to such a format her view point was more or less validated but at the same time frustration was there too. Why couldn’t their leaders ever make up their minds about somthing, from her their would be no resounding applause.

[member="Ahron Rol"]

Alkor stepped forward from his position along the entryway, clad in his Strike Armor per the usual. For him, it was another act of duty, not an occasion for merrymaking or celebration. It was at it's core an opportunity for the new recruits to meet and mingle with each other, form bonds, and strengthen pre-existing camaraderie within the Knights Obsidian. [member="Elessar Talon"] was almost vehement that he take up the position of Knight Commander when they had spoken, and so, Alkor ultimately agreed to the request. How the others would view this, time would tell.

He glanced out over the others, some of whom he knew, others he had never formally met. For his part, the Corellian Exile was not social enough to be on friendly terms with any of them. It was a matter of his duty, and as expected, theirs as well. No one joined the Knights Obsidian for the fringe benefits, in his mind. Taking on those oaths, that responsibility- these things were meant to be a massive undertaking, not a raise in status or bragging rights.

Being called Knight Commander? Just one more thing he had to conform to, another regulation and more rules to live by. And now, the responsibility of all of the lives of all of his comrades, right down to the newest initiate. Would he have to learn their names? Their faces? Would it be permissible for him to remain aloof? Panic set in at the realization that he might have to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple people, and with it, anxiety.

He stood next to the Dominus Prime at last, and in a low voice after the man finished speaking, he asked. "Am I going to have to know all of their names?"

[member="Madalena Antares"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Vereshin"] [member="Pom Stych Tivé"], [member="Ahron Rol"]

Vereshin

V
Vereshin nodded to Madalena, who revealed that she had no experience in the field of time manipulation, but knew more about other dimensions, which she had already told Vereshin on the day she had rescued him. She mentioned her sister, a name Vereshin committed to memory in the event that he decided to pursue more paths in the area. Tilting his glass towards Madalena, he offered her a warm smile and a nod of his head, then brought his cigarette holder to his lips and took a drag. While Vereshin had amounted his prowess as a time traveler, the field of dimensions beyond his own had always been something which fascinated him and he made a note to approach this sister of Madalena.

"A pity, although alternate dimensions have always been a topic of fascination to me, perhaps we still may work together in that field." Vereshin said and raised his glass, then took a sip. This time, he winked, his glass held in his hand at a rakish handle, the cigarette holder poised between his fingers. "Do you like to dance, Madalena?" He asked, reserving a dance with her for after the ceremony, if she took him up on the offer.

At A'Runda's mention of alchemy, Vereshin turned his head and gave the Tusken his attention, smiling at the use of fire he explained. He revealed that he had grown up on Tatooine, which was hardly a surprise given his species, but it would appear that Vereshin and himself were opposites in regards to their homeworlds, as Vereshin had been born and raised in the frozen wastelands of Ziost. He had never really become accustomed to hot worlds and even casting fire, or light for that matter, was not within his capability. A'Runda then expressed to Vereshin that he was interested in elemental shaping for less intellectual reasons, which Vereshin could forgive, not every sorcerer was an academic. He would rather A'Runda admit that shaping was not an academic discipline, as opposed to alchemy, then regard them on the same level.

"That's quite fair, but if you ever feel the desire to expand your studies, you're most welcome at the University." Vereshin said softly, nodding to the Tusken. He looked down, his brow creased slightly as he thought about the universities in confederate space, one of which he would need to apply to when he had settled in properly. "To be honest, I still need to apply for one of the academies in Confederate space, it's been a big change from the Empire and I still haven't quite settled down." He said, tilting his head to the side as he looked at his patent shoes, the lights from the chandelier reflecting in them. Indeed, he thought about how he has past self was doing at the University of Bastion, or if any of his colleagues had noticed his disappearance. Perhaps finding a new place to study could be something he could do with A'Runda, if the Tusken wished to do so, although Vereshin had an inkling that he would rather stick to his elemental shaping.

When A'Runda apologized for his broken basic, Vereshin dismissed it with a wave of his hand, his pale cheeks tinting a slight purple. He recognized the traces of an accent which had not quite been lost, as he used to have one himself upon leaving Ziost for the first time, but it was very difficult to notice Vereshin's accent.

"Oh don't be silly, your basic is fine." He smiled. However, the smile quickly faded when A'Runda spoke of his spiritual connection to his homeworld, a connection to which Vereshin could not relate. Biting the end of his cigarette holder, Vereshin shifted his eyes as he tried to think of a diplomatic response, then downed his thought with a long gulp of wine. "I can't say that I share the same connection with my homeworld that you share with yours, I don't believe in spiritual bonds." He said, his tone more somber then before. Narrowing his eyes, he thought about the village on Ziost where he had grown up, thinking he would be damned if ever regarded that place with any kind of spiritual acknowledgment. A'Runda seemed to remember his home more fondly and for that, Vereshin could not fault him.

"I was born on Ziost, which was... very different to Tatooine to say the least, at least where the climate is concerned." Vereshin said, staring up at the ceiling as he recalled his homeworld. He ended the sentence with a chuckle, amused by the difference in both his origins and A'Runda's. "Like fire and ice, we would seem to be." He mused aloud. When A'Runda expressed his desire to further his spiritual connection to Tatooine, Vereshin felt more disappointed than angry, for there was simply much more to do with magic than further a bond to a place which had little baring on one's identity. Vereshin let his shoulders slump and failed to repress a sigh, his eyebrows creased with regret. "But there's so much more to do with magic than strengthen your connection to a planet, which really, has nothing to do with who you are as a person." The Force physicist said, a little less diplomatically than he might have intended.

Vereshin was fond of A'Runda, he had decided that and he thought it a shame that the Tusken was wasting his knowledge on a so-called bond. At least, it was difficult for the physicist to see it as anything more than religious nonsense, but he could tell that it was important to A'Runda, he just failed to understand why. A low whisper ran though the room as the lights dimmed, letting them know that the ceremony was about to begin. After giving A'runda a smile, Vereshin turned to face Madalena. The sweet smell of cologne hung on his skin, barely masking the smell of cigarette smoke.

"Why don't you save me that dance for after the ceremony?" He said slyly, his eyebrows rising with the suggestion. He winked, then allowed Madalena to walk up the podium.

Vereshin's attention, along that of A'Runda was directed towards the front of the room, where the Dominus Prime was making his speech. He granted Madalena herself, as well as man named Alkor Centaris the titles of Knight Commander. Vereshin squinted when he saw Alkor accept his title, thinking to himself that he recognized the man from somewhere, probably from his days with the Sith Empire. When Madalena and Alkor received their titles, Vereshin clapped lightly, causing his glass to chin against his cigarette holder.

[member="Madalena Antares"], [member="A'Runda"], [member="Elessar Talon"], [member="Alkor Centaris"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom