Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Important: Starship Usage

Everyone, please take note that with the departure of INCOM from the Republic, the decision has been made that the Galactic Republic will no longer utilize any starship manufactured or sold by INCOM, including any and all products that have been used in the past, or at present. This is effective immediately.

Macharius Solaire

M
[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

What Shipyards are left in Republic hands then? KDY, and the world of Rendili fell to the Sith. Now Incom is out. Suppose Tenlos is still about. I know Popo won't be shedding a tear for us. And I don't plan on a ship manufacturing subsidiary until I'm tier 4 for my company.

CEC had their world blown in two, which means they lost everything there. Not that they don't operate elsewhere. Suppose that leaves Fondor, and the Mandalorians we can buy ships from. And a Dominion of Dac needs to be done. Though someone recently took the shipyard company over I believe, so whether they will cooperate or not. We're running out of ship providers fast. But these are just some of whom I know of.

[member="Macharius Solaire"]

Sera currently runs Nubia Star Drives, and I have an alt in the Rebel Alliance who could sell fighters to the Republic. Otherwise, I don't know of any other contributors. I just make pharmaceuticals and unorthodox weaponry over here. here.

Alderaan Royal Engineers. Just sayin'.

Also, as I'm not familiar with how this works, FreiTek, INC. who created the E-Wings and was run by a previous Incom designer and a company associated with the Republic, has no listed planet. As someone new and who is not familiar with this, I have to ask, is there a way/how would we go about building this shipyard/contracting with this company and putting it onto one of the planets we already own? Is that an option? Has that already been done? ...Is the E-Wing also patented? -___-

EDIT:

After looking at Incom again I did notice that FreiTek was sub-contracted with them. FreiTek, is not, however, a company that is currently owned by anyone. I believe, but could be wrong, that if FreiTek were to cease from being a subcontractor to Incom, that Incom would lose its rights to the E series.

Is it an underhanded method? No. I don't think so. Considering that FreiTek is classically a Republic sympathizing group, if Incom ceased to contract with the Republic, it sort of makes sense that they would break ties.

[member="Macharius Solaire"], I also run Lucerne Labs, which also produces some ships and ship components for the Republic.

It's worth noting that as a major faction, we can produce large ships without needing a specific company to make them for us.

EDIT: I've actually been working on making the Republic a basic line of ships, such as the Arendal-class heavy cruiser, which are all government owned designs.

This is more of a strategy to allow us to avoid problems that seem to be happening with specific manufacturers, so that at the very least, we'll always have something to drop back on.

[member="Aimone"]

Technically This ship i already subbed but lost it in the great purge. Would not of helped though because i made it for Incom

Orick T'ane said:
[member="Gir Quee"]. I honestly think that's a fantastic idea for the large capital ships. It keeps everything drama free. Creating s fighter Here or there is not big deal. But big ships are headaches.
Exactly, especially because the bigger ones need development threads by default, so it's not something we can easily whip up when we need it. ;)

Just a thought, one that would prevent such departures from (potentially) adversely affecting the faction at a later date.

The Republic should rebuild the old corporation "Republic Fleet Systems" and hire on engineers/staff from all the notable shipyards/starship corporation's within Republic space. What that would do is provide the faction with a central, government-owned corporation that can consistently churn out ships for the Navy/etc. We can then supplement the Navy with the products of the other Republic-affiliated nations in our space.

Bottom line, this would prevent karkery like Incom going to cozy up to the One Sith from affecting us again.

(And we should seriously look into an Operation: Weedkiller sequel. Like, seriously.)

I'm not going to pretend that I know much about starships other than they carry guns the size of with make me giddy as a school girl. As long as you squids can ferry my boys and me to where we need to go, I'm happy.

As to Operation: Weedkiller, as much as I would love to curb stomp every One Sith symp who abandons my Republic, it would likely lead to such major drama the likes of which we do not need. If the symps want to abandon my Republic, at least that takes their weak moral character away from our gene pool.

Gir Quee said:
Exactly, especially because the bigger ones need development threads by default, so it's not something we can easily whip up when we need it. ;)
Right now, I am pumping out a Full 10 post Dev Thread a day. And sometimes I want to do more. I know these big ones take time, but the benefit of having 500+ characters (Even if we only have 50+ active Writers) is that the biggest dev thread can be pumped out with no one making more than two posts. We gotta put the powerhouse that is massive numbers to work. But that's just my opinion man.

On a side note you and I should work together on making a specialized package for all starships. Scalable tech for each non-combat system, engines, and even some weapons. That way the folks who make Republic ships don't just say "Advanced Sensor Package" they have something to link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom