Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Imperial Dreams [FO/NIO]

Ariel Yvarro

A
xNYIZLk.gif

rpol0hT.png
"My thoughts?" She let the question hang in the air a moment or two and then withdrew a tabac stick from her coat. The young woman quickly lit it and took a drag. Ariel looked over at the two people who drew the question, firstly the Sovereign Imperator and then the Supreme Leader. "There are two existing hyperlanes in current that run through the First Order and upward toward the New Imperial Order. Firstly, the Blood Trail and second Rausgeber Stretch, both suit our general purposes well enough."
She paused and looked between them again and then continued, "however there is the problem of the Eternal Empire and their current affiliation with the Sith Empire." Slightly she cleared her throat and then proceeded with, "how long that will last remains a mystery. Now, then, both routes are of some fair distance. The latter of them is currently out of our reach, the former is slow and both are well-known routes."

"If we are to achieve this, then it should be done discreetly and may I suggest for the time being..." Ariel's voice trailed off, "we play this softly, and cooly."
She took a sip of the spirit sent to her by Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku the flavor was good and well, the drink strong - but not strong enough. Ariel set it down lightly with a coy smile she looked across the table toward the members of the New Imperial Order. While she knew and quite understood their struggles with the Sith. She could certainly emphasize, however; the Force was a tool. Those who wielded it should be used as such at least this was her mind. "We must play these cards closely."
Ariel gave a small incline of her head. "It would not do for either of our nations to have the galaxy learn of this project. We saw just how quickly they reacted to the Starbird Trade Spine." The young woman took another drag of the tabac stick. She eyed the hues on the end of it as she exhaled. The smoke wafted in the air momentarily and she looked again at the Sovereign Imperator and then the Supreme Leader. "If they heard that two Imperialist factions were working on a new hyperlane. I imagine they would all collectively..." She searched for a politically correct term. "I'm sure a few colorful metaphors might suit the description."
"As far as infastructure, and funding. We can certainly back it on our end."
If not, they would make it happen anyway, the coffers flowed from other sources. One she was sure various companies supporting either empire could assist with.
NIO: Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar | Tyrell Paxxus Tyrell Paxxus | Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk | Djorn Bline Djorn Bline
FO: Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan | Arador Terrix Arador Terrix | Matma Bernu Matma Bernu | Renata Westaway | Vidia Vudrirn
TF: Caulder Dune Caulder Dune

Renata Westaway

R
Renata found her attention drawn by the man opposite her. He was smoking a cigarette and Renata was very nearly salivating at the thought of one, but she was following the Supreme Leader's lead on this front. She had requested a cup of coffee from the footmen, and took her time stirring in sugar and cream as she listened to Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk 's observation and inquiries. The cycloptic woman gave one final stir, then drew the spoon from the cup and set it on the saucer.

"I don't know how much a difference it will be, based on my understanding of the Outer Planets' form of government. They were united under one banner, from what we could tell, but there didn't seem to be a lot of unity internally. But perhaps that was merely a limitation of our intelligence. There were other demands on our attention for much of their existence until they went under." She lifted the coffee to her lips and took a sip, enjoying the sensation of the steam billowing against her cheeks and nose.

"As far as the, er, 'Big Purple' -- the First Order has been interested in establishing contact with the major galactic powers, and the Confederacy certainly meets that criteria." Renata set the coffee cup down and folded her hands around it, warming her hands on the fine bone china. "What's been your experience with them? The violet curtain was certainly provocative, but to what end?" she mused, allowing her gaze to be drawn for a moment to the silver tendrils of smoke rising in swirls and curls from Harrsk's cigarette.

xNYIZLk.gif

I M P E R A T O R
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
AVALONIA | DOSUUN
M O N E Y _ F O R _ N O T H I N G

rpol0hT.png
One of those minute divergent points but one evident none the less. Even if it came down to a gesture so simple as smoking a cigar. Where Natasi Fortan had to posture herself infallible, the will of the First Order made manifest in their Supreme Leader. A position deemed untouchable by those below it. All the while, Irveric drank in all that it had to offer with another pull of the sweetened herb. There was no pretending he was anything better than any mortal man. His appeal to the common New Imperial was not that he was perfect but much the opposite. That he was man of humble origins, born just in sight of the poverty line one of the agrarian communities of Dantooine, conscripted into military service at a young age only to rise the ranks tooth and nail with measured steps and intangible determination.

He was undoubtedly Imperial, he was by no means an Emperor by any stretch.

The toast of good health had a tinge of irony to it, setting down the cigar in favor of the freshly brewed caf, the bitterness of the drink re-invigorating him in the wake of what was a long journey from Bastion to which most of it was spent still addressing his duties as Sovereign Imperator, that of which Rurik Fel could not handle himself as he commanded the New Imperial Order in Irveric's stead.

"And to yours." He offered in return back to Natasi before his attention drifted to Ariel Yvarro, the woman having previously been more pre occupied with Tavlar's underling in Lucien Dooku. A rogue spirit, one who'd never be one expected among a Moff Council in part to his unconventional origins save for his noble name and while ideologically divergent he may be, Irveric saw potential in Dooku. Seemingly rightfully placed given how he'd managed Nirauan to this point, while more liberal than what is to be expected from mainline New Order-ism it was still a secure facet of the New Imperial Order.

Ariel was quick to input and offer the route to make good on this concept. No doubt the infrastructure had been well on the way of being established when the First Order and Sith Empire were on far friendlier terms, but this was a different Galaxy. The plead by Yvarro that this plan remain...discreet was an interesting request but was more reassuring of what relations might looking like going forward than it was worrying of the First Order's policy of non belligerence and neutrality on the Galactic stage. It left them with a high floor but a low ceiling of what their standing could be. But still, its influence was meager but a boundless potential on the rise.

"They can hate us and see if we care for all I cam concerned, Miss Yvarro. The Galactic powers have all but operated on the lifes of false virtues and appeasement thus far, if they will stand aside at acts of genocide, they will stand aside at a hyperlane I'm quite sure. Even the Starbird was met with negligible consequences. However, the concern is justly noted and will be obliged on the end of the New Imperial Order." The New Imperial Order clearly had less restraint in being belligerent, but he understood the concern by the First Order. They had less cards in their hand for the moment after all.

"As will the funding, no doubt Mister Dune will have vested interest in another avenue of Galactic trade being opened, as far as the proper logistics of this proposal it might be best left for a later date, with a more concrete mapping and plan in place. Regardless of what these other governments believe from the gesture, it is in the best interest of our peoples, our economies. So long as that remains the case, I care not for what they think. We do what is best for the First and New Imperial, nothing else will do." The Imperator states.

NIO // Tyrell Paxxus Tyrell Paxxus | Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk | Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku | Djorn Bline Djorn Bline
FO // Ariel Yvarro | Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan | Vidia Vudrirn | Matma Bernu Matma Bernu | Arador Terrix Arador Terrix | Gotz Redwall
$$ // Caulder Dune Caulder Dune

tgLv51c.png

As Matma viewed high-level negotiations taking place, senior level officials discussing the merits of trade and Imperialism, the Imperial Knight was distracted.

By the smoke.

'By The Force, is it normal to smoke this much? The politicians in Coruscant didn't smoke this much', he thought, stifling a cough and grimacing. Then the drink orders came.

'Which isn't necessarily bad. It seems like there is a level of comfort here that allows one to loosen their inhibitions and speak frankly.' Matma paused to glare daggers at one of the footmen who attempted to offer him a drink, sending him scampering before resuming.

'Similar ideologies, similar history, engaged leadership- this is going swimmingly. This going very well indeed.'

Then, the smoke got to Matma, making him let out a mammoth sneeze. He quickly schooled his face into one carved out of granite, emotionless and foreboding.

'...Very well indeed.'

NIO // Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar | Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku | Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk | Tyrell Paxxus Tyrell Paxxus |
FO // Ariel Yvarro | Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan | Renata Westaway | Arador Terrix Arador Terrix | Vidia Vudrirn | Gotz Redwall
TF / IGBC // Caulder Dune Caulder Dune

xNYIZLk.gif

MOSHED-2020-11-13-14-28-35.gif

C O M P N O R
A V A L O N I A | D O S U U N

rpol0hT.png
Jaeger set his elbow on the armrest, the cigarette in between his index and middle finger - an ancient, military habit of keeping the spark's light away from enemy eyes. Everyone that had ever been in the trenches knew. Smoke rings curled and jittered as they were sucked into the invisible vents above. He listened intently to what Moff Westaway had to say; the Outer Rim Coalition, or Alliance as it came to be known in its latter years, was a far greater mystery to the commissioner than it was to the First Imperial foreign minister. Then, she brought a question up regarding the Coalition.

"Well..." he took a drag from his cigarette, then, "There has been no official contact between us and them." Jaeger paused, contemplating on how much to reveal of his own personal past experiences, "They've propagated themselves as clearly the beacon of anti-slavery, yet not long ago they had a non-aggression pact with the Sith. Prior to their shift in policies, they were a staunch protector of the Silver Jedi. Whether that has ceased now, I have my reservations."

The commissioner took a sip from his hot coffee before adding, "Their recent cession of Atrisia to the Alliance gives the impression of cunning foreign diplomacy to neuter threats preemptively." He was well aware of the so-called 'war hawks' in the Alliance.

His cigarette came down for another drag, "From what I last know they have been expanding rapidly into the former OPA worlds, no?"

They were bound to come this further South, weren't they?

NIO // Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar | Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku | Tyrell Paxxus Tyrell Paxxus | Djorn Bline Djorn Bline
FO // Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan | Ariel Yvarro | Renata Westaway | Arador Terrix Arador Terrix | Vidia Vudrirn | Gotz Redwall | Matma Bernu Matma Bernu
TF // Caulder Dune Caulder Dune

Renata Westaway

R
The Foreign Secretary narrowed an eye at Harrsk. This one was no rank amateur.

"Absolutely true," said Renata. "They are an interesting case, don't you find? On the surface, flexible loyalties and an ideology that embraces nothing so much as what is best for the Confederacy. Even then, it is hard to predict which way they will jump. Who's to say what is in their interest? Perhaps they themselves don't even know. I don't have a lot of visibility into their decision-making process and the personalities at play." Renata's fingers itched for a cigarette and she cast a wary eye down the table to see that, indeed, the Supreme Leader was still not smoking.

Ariel Yvarro was, though.

She repressed the urge to reach for her cigarette case by plowing forward with Harrsk. "My hope is that their activities around Atrisia are proof that they are pragmatic realists. Even though by all accounts they would likely crush the Alliance if it came to an out-and-out fight, perhaps they see the lives of their people as more important than the bragging rights of holding Atrisia. As a successor state to a government that once held Atrisia, I can tell you, it's probably a lot more trouble than it's worth. The politics there are transparent enough, but also complicated and treacherous. You call it a cession; perhaps what the Confederacy did was deliver the Alliance a ticking time bomb."

Renata poured herself a glass of water from the carafe between herself and Harrsk, then held it up and gestured to a glass in front of him. "Water? Safe to drink I promise."

xNYIZLk.gif

S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
AVALONIA | DOSUUN
N5cG5gd.png
"My hope is that their activities around Atrisia are proof that they are pragmatic realists. Even though by all accounts they would likely crush the Alliance if it came to an out-and-out fight, perhaps they see the lives of their people as more important than the bragging rights of holding Atrisia. As a successor state to a government that once held Atrisia, I can tell you, it's probably a lot more trouble than it's worth. The politics there are transparent enough, but also complicated and treacherous. You call it a cession; perhaps what the Confederacy did was deliver the Alliance a ticking time bomb."

"Forgive my intrusions, Moff Westaway, but I doubt a nation that's been outmatched by glittered terrorists deep in the heart of their territory would have a trouble time fighting an organized government whether it is the Alliance or some other nation," the Commissioner said, butting in the dialogue between Harrsk and the Moff he focused his interactions with. A sip of his cognac was taken before another puff of his cigar. Jaeger would probably be annoyed by Djorn involving himself in his dialogue. He was, of course, referring the engagements the terrorist nation of the Agents of Chaos had with the Confederacy. Information and reports he didn't had to break a wrist to gather. It was a simple search on the holonet with official documents presented from the Confederacy along with a variety of media outlets reporting said conflicts.

"As my colleague just said, they pursue diplomacy in order to prevent potential threats to their borders. Says a lot about their military, don't you think?" a rhetorical question that Jaeger, Irveric, Djorn, and the other New Imperials knew the answer to. "Why else would they cede over Atrisia to the Alliance and not invite a challenge?"

Again another rhetorical question.

As for Atrisia....Djorn and Jaeger had their COMPNOR operations planned for the planet, one that would soon demoralize the population and lead them into crisis.

NIO // Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar | Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku | Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk | Tyrell Paxxus Tyrell Paxxus |
FO // Ariel Yvarro | Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan | Renata Westaway | Arador Terrix Arador Terrix | Vidia Vudrirn | Gotz Redwall | Matma Bernu Matma Bernu
TF / IGBC // Caulder Dune Caulder Dune

Renata Westaway

R
Renata's brows furrowed at Djorn. She didn't take issue with the interruption. It was a diplomatic discussion, after all. She leaned forward, wrapping her hands around the glass of water in front of her. "As I said, I'm not an expert on Atrisia, but I am familiar with the place's troubled history and seeming inability to unite for any significant or meaningful amount of time. They do not do well under banners of foreign governments."

She paused and cleared her throat, looking down a moment as she raised a fist to her lips to muffle the noise. She looked up again, her one good eye looking up to Djorn, then to Harrsk. "So take a nation and a people who -- to put it politely -- have trouble with authority. A nation where every so often some megalomaniac comes in and throws a spanner into the works. Then consider that the Confederacy just handed it over to the Galactic Alliance like it was a satchel of goods."

Renata raised a brow, her gaze flickering to Djorn. "So yes, perhaps it was an effort to avoid conflict. But if I've learned anything during my admittedly short tenure as Foreign Secretary, it's that nothing is only as it seems. As I said, Atrisia throughout recent history has been a ticking time bomb. Maybe the Confederacy saw a chance to generate galactic goodwill and get rid of a troublesome, non-performing asset without losing face in one fell swoop." She lifted her glass and smiled pleasantly over the rim of the glass at him. "Or perhaps they're preserving their strength and trying to make friends to deal with other challengers. Who can say?"

Ariel Yvarro

A

xNYIZLk.gif

7uyHzxF.png

A V A L O N I A
TF//IGBC: Caulder Dune Caulder Dune

Renata had taken into conversation with a few of the other NIO Representatives. Ariel listened to what the Sovereign Imperator had to say in response to her suggestion. The pragmatic part of her mind could appreciate his stance, and candor. The other could not, there was a manner of truth to which he described. Ariel had grown up watching the galaxy paint the First Order as their villains and it was something she had grown tired of quite quickly. She gave the Sovereign Imperator a nod in acknowledgment and was grateful that at least on their part that the New Imperial Order would keep mum on the project.
Trade would certainly prosper, and of course so would both governments. "Then I believe we have an accord? Our nations will look to build a new imperial hyperlane, an Imperial Highway of sorts between our two great nations. Doing so quietly, while the galaxy bickers away with one another." A pause as she got a look around the room and set her cigarette down for the moment. "This hyperlane will improve access to trade for the citizens of both nations," Ariel ended her statement matter-of-factly. Although she knew hyperlanes like this could often prove to be a double edge sword, it is something that inwardly would have to be taken into account.
Overall the outcome from the meeting was simple, a trade agreement had been reached between the First Order and the New Imperial Order. Nothing that could or would surprise the galaxy at large. Of course the details of that trade agreement would remain under wraps. On paper they could issue it as the Imperial Trade Agreement, the ITA would be framed as something of a free trade agreement between the two nations. "So long as both parties agree, we can then move forward into the discussion of a trade agreement, at least for the time being. The Imperial Trade Agreement, outline some rather basic free trade terms the media should gobble that up for a little while and I'm certain both our stock markets will enjoy something like."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom