Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imperial Commandos and Intelligence

Aurna Vern said:
[member="Lisette Kuhn"]

We do not exclude force users, what we practice is that just because you are a force user does not mean you get special privileges. Everyone is equal in the eyes of the imperials. We treat our imperial knights just like we do our stormtroopers, each has their job to perform for the Empress and each is a valued member of our faction. A force user has to work their way up the political machine just like an non force user. My main Imperial Grand Moff Viera Kisep is just as valued as Grand Moff Palpitine. If you have issues with our faction please take them up with us but lets leave this thread for its intended purpose, which is recruiting.
The intention was to provoke the faction to pander towards force users so that it would be able to recruit them not simply for the force sect in the faction. The way to include groups is to mention them in at least a brief manner to ensure it is clear they are or are not welcome in those groups. It is an issue of oversight, not an issue of intention.

Vanya Lyekova

V
[member="Lisette Kuhn"] Lol. Provoke. Such a messy word. ...I love it. :p

Anyway. Lis PM'd me and she had some great ideas about how to approach FUs in an Imperial setting. Really great stuff. I'll take it back to the Sub-board and show you guys. Should be great.

Thanks Lis! Appreciate it. :D
~ To the Batcave, Robin! ~

[member="Lisette Kuhn"]

I see your take there.

Any suggestions for such I actually welcome.

The goal isn't to exclude force users from other areas, but I actually confess a difficulty in expressing their options. For Intelligence for example I could point out how their force abilities would be of use, but would they feel I am spreading force users too far then you think? Or that they would have less room to develop more skills outside the orders were Masters actively take on students?

Because I agree with you on that opinion. Alva herself is a force user who isn't a Knight and is more often a pilot than anything else. But it is also true she doesn't hone as many force skills as a result of doing her job.

This problem extends to every faction though really. I don't know if I've seen any specify force user's options outside their orders. If you know of any I would appreciate and be thankful for being pointed to such write ups you know of or your own advice towards making new ones to make this and other write ups more friendly then.

[member="Lisette Kuhn"], [member="Alva Calvarona"],

There are no rules regulating Force Users against writing themselves as members of the Imperial Navy, Imperial Army, Council of Moffs, Imperial Intelligence, or restricting them only to the Imperial Knights. Any writer can join any sub-faction, with the exclusion of NFU joining the Imperial Knights. What it excluded, is a PC picking up two hats and being official members of more than one sub-faction.

Moreover, the "Member World" theme exists to help cover the gaps. Much like the relationship between the Witches of Dathomir and the Mandalorians, Member Worlds within the Galactic Empire are free to operate as they wish and free to develop whatever Force Oder they desire. So long as they are not directly undermining the Empire or building a darkside Force Nexus on their planet, the Galactic Empire leaves them alone. The Galactic Empire also welcomes those within the Member World's organization who wish to leave their world and interact with/aid the main faction. "Fleets" and "Armies" under the control of said individuals can fight alongside Imperial Navy fleets and Imperial Army battalions controlled by others. For those who wish to have a more diverse background and be a member of a Member World's minor faction, yet still command the iconic Imperial Navy or Imperial Army, then the capacity to do as much still exists. A Force User could choose to be a member of the Imperial Army or Imperial Navy, yet still be a member of a Force Order that is specific to an individual Member World.

Just keep in mind that (IC) it is the duty of the Imperial Knights to keep an eye out for those who could pose a threat to the Empire. Should a character that is also a Force User begin to behave strangely, the writer of that character should welcome the roleplay opportunity of being investigated and having an Imperial Knight try to work with that character to personally bring them back to the light.

*pokes head in*
*takes notes*
*slips back out quietly*

...ya know, [member="Lisette Kuhn"], if you want to do intelligence work without any of the confusion and debate, the Spynet has no qualms about Force users. Just sayin'.

[member="Alva Calvarona"]
This has my stamp of approval! ;). Not my cup of tea but really well done!

[member="Lisette Kuhn"]
Dunno why this thread turned to a discussion about FU or not? I spend half my dayes running errands to FU folks and the Imperial knights are my superiours, they have a sort of vader status in the Empire - which I happily welcome.

But please, take that discussion elsewhere since this thread has a whole other purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom