Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imperial Commandos and Intelligence

Following on the Empire's Main Advert, the Stormtrooper's Advert, and the Imperial Knight's Advert. Here's the Advert for the Imperial Intelligence Division and Storm Commandos!

ISB_Squad_TCG.jpg

Mission of Imperial Intelligence

The Imperial Intelligence Branch of the Military has become more involved and active working alongside the Army and Navy Divisions as the Empire has shrunk and reorganized itself in many formats to achieve the most streamlined and efficient structure they could format themselves to in the current climate. As such operatives and agents of the Intelligent Branch not only find themselves performing infiltration assignments, but combat field work as well as the organization enters into a period of performing most of the Empire's Covert Operation Assignments.

It is their job to ensure the absence of treason within Imperial Ranks, aid the Army and Navy in securing enemy objectives, and to obtain information to strengthen the Imperial cause. Whether they are routing out traitors, accompanying Stormtrooper units in taking control of enemy installations, or compiling data on hostile forces to better the Empire's odds of overwhelming them, it is the duty of Imperial Intelligence to perform their mission without fault even to the death.

Though the simplification of their Branch means much of the agents of the Intelligence Division cross train in many fields to accomplish their assignments, the integration of the Imperial Commandos to fill their Black Ops field has fallen in line with the directive Intelligence taking on a Covert Operations role. Allowing them to fulfill assignments to move behind enemy lines for sabotage and assassination plots with more efficiency.

Imperial Intelligence is the shadow in the corner, a boogeyman for the foes of the Empire to fear.

Organization of Imperial Intelligence

Following along the path of simplifying the Mission Goal of Imperial Intelligence, the duties of the Division fall into four categories with which many agents find their assignments split between.

1. Internal Affairs: The First of Course is the Intelligence Branch's job of securing the Empire's ranks, keeping watch on their fellows across all reaches of the Imperial's threshold. Whether they be Politicians, Officers, Troopers, Army, Navy, Civilian Sector, or even comrades within Intelligence, it is the duty of Internal Affairs to look into reports of their misconduct or signs of betrayal. They also serve to issue suspensions as a result of erratic behavior if a soldier has recently gone through trauma and observation reveals they are not fit for active duty right away. All reports of treason are followed up with files on the subject submitted to Military Staff and the Council of Moffs before arrests are pursued to prevent an overture of power on the part of Internal Affairs own staff.
  2. Analysis: The Intelligence Division's perhaps most critical, and safest, side of operation, members of the Analysis Department have the job of sorting data the Empire already has acquired and that which is freshly brought in by all Branches of the Imperial machine. Their duties also include looking into cases of fraud of tax evasion and dealing with them accordingly through coordination with other departments and units. Often times the staff of Analysis also put together reports for Moffs or Officers of the Army and Navy to keep them operating on up to date information. Many Slicer Droids are kept in their employ.
  3. Field Agents: The Primary Enforcers of Imperial Intelligence, they are the most visible aspect of the Branch's activities outside of the Imperial Commandos. Tasked with carrying out the majority of assignments, Field Agents of Imperial Intelligence find their duties range from heading the arrest of traitors to backing up Stormtroopers infiltrating enemy base complexes to aid in gaining access past security lockdowns and breaking into encrypted databanks to gather enemy information. While not as heavily or flashily armored as Imperial Commandos, Field Agents are often reported the more terrifying sight on the battlefield as their faces are exposed and provide a wicked human element among the faceless helmets sported by their comrades. Some of their more darker assignments include interrogation.
  4. Imperial Commandos: Also well known as Storm Commandos, the Imperial Commandos have found their way into being integrated into Imperial Intelligence. Statements for the move include utilizing the Commando units to the fullest rather than let them be wasted as cannon fodder alongside the regulars. Clad in their Stom Commando armor, Imperial Commandos are sent on the largest variety of assignments due to their enhanced combat training in the Army and the vast quality of their equipment. Often deployed on the battlefield as a forward force to infiltrate and sabotage enemy positions due to their sensor and sound baffling armor, Storm Commandos are oft to find themselves operating towards an objective while the main battle carries on or disrupting enemy defenses so the regulars can catch up. If not that, they are instead employed to hold territory taken in the first wave of attacks so the enemy cannot regain ground. However, due to their ability and equipment, Imperial Commandos are also sent out on many other missions, sometimes alongside Field Agent units, including assassination, information acquisition, and advanced reconnaissance.

Positions of Imperial Intelligence

Run by a central Director of Operations, Imperial Intelligence runs on a system tying itself to the Imperial Military, though they are also exclusive from it. Both groups are highly cooperative towards each other, but operate so that one cannot take command over the other, to prevent either side from abusing their authority in the case of corruption. The encouraged relationship between Intelligence and the Navy and Army inspires all Divisions to work alongside one another for the sake of the Empire, and thusly all follow the same battle plan put forth by the Generals and Directors.

For Intelligence's part, their operatives come in three simple forms. Technicians, Field Operatives, and Imperial Commandos. It is the technicians who fill the majority of data sifting roles, creating reports for the Admiralty, Moff Council, and remainder of the ruling body. The information they uncover is usually what then results in the actions taken by Field Operatives and Imperial Commandos.

The differences between Field Operatives and the Imperial Commandos can merely be boiled down to the nature of their assignments. While both perform similar work, Imperial Commandos are more often deployed as a military unit to secure prime objectives ahead of a main force, while Field Agents work with the Stormtrooper Corp to aid in their infiltration and breaching of enemy installations. Even their equipment is very similar, aside from the Commandos special armor, owing to their shared objectives.

Equipment of Imperial Intelligence

Imperial Intelligence settles for nothing less than the best for their operations success, and across all spectrums they field equipment to get the most from their work. Up to date datapads and software are constantly provided to their agents so that their endeavors to root out traitorous elements and sift through the scores of records and files compiled in their databanks they have in their possession. Technician staff behind the scenes are supported through large numbers of Slicer Droids to locate even the tiniest of details to give the Empire an edge over their enemies, though their human workers follow up on every trail to have a human eye examine what their droids might have missed.

Perhaps what concerns most, however, is what they worked to equip their operatives in the field with. The Field Agents and Imperial Commandos, the frontline and more visible element of Imperial Intelligence, have more than ample supplies provided to them to accomplish their missions. All Imperial Agents are supplied with Personal Energy Shields following the initiative where they have begun to be issued to the Stormtrooper Corp. In addition Field Agents and Imperial Commando teams are issued SB-20 Security Breach Droids and Slicing Protocol Chips, capable of running various algorithms and encryption codes to overwhelm most (though not all) security systems, to hasten their job of hacking into enemy databanks and break through security lockdowns with quieter method than demolition kits. And sometimes they are even accompanied by IT-O Interrogator Droids when they intend to take prisoners for questioning.

Armed in similar fashion to Stormtroopers with cable gun launchers and Magno-Grip Boots, and carrying the same number of spare rations, ion flares, medpacs, stun cuffs, comlinks, power packs, and various grenades. However, unlike Imperial Commandos whose armor has built in filtration systems and other features of Imperial Stormtrooper Armor, Field Agents in low Oxygen environments or under attack from breathable toxins and chemicals are issued breathe masks to counter enemy attack. Though FIeld Agents are more than free to illicit spare Stormtrooper armor sets if needed.

Which of course goes for all equipment in use by the Imperial Military and the Intelligence Branch, as any and all gear is not necessary, but encouraged and free to be changed out for more mission appropriate gear or which the individual puts to personal effective use. Still, a level of standard armament is essential to be put forth in any organization, and as such agents of Imperial Intelligence, both Commandos and Field Operatives, will find they have a vast array of weaponry at their disposal as well. Some examples of which include the compact and versatile E-11 Blaster Carbine and E-11 Sniper Variant.

To also go along with their orientation towards Covert Assignments and Black OP missions, Imperial Intelligence units are issued DC-19 Stealth Carbine sidearms, a slow firing weapon, but silent and capable of firing invisible blaster bolts. Though it isn't alone in its ability, as agents are provided with Nightstinger Blaster Rifles for special assassination operations, along with accompanying Redirection Crystals. Combined with the Imperial Commandos sensor baffling reflec coated armor fitted with sound dampeners and you find the most lethal and frightening Infiltration and Assassination units in the galaxy.

star-wars-stormtroopers11.jpg

Jeez. I can't believe this old horse is still kicking around. Not sure if I should be proud that you don't work for Sith any more, or disappointed that you don't do much of anything.

Hm. If Dee's bounty hunters manage to bring me out of hiding, I could do worse than playing ball with the old team. Even though none of you are the old team.

Alva Calvarona said:
You're point is moot.
Imperial Knights do not worship the Force as other orders do, though they do owe their allegiances to the Light Side of it. They view it as a tool and a weapon. One to be harnessed and respected
Imperial Knight groups turn force users into robots that do not place any value on the force itself.

Vanya Lyekova

V
[member="Lisette Kuhn"] Lots of NFUs have a deeply seated dislike of FUs. Mostly out of ignorance, awe, and frustration for their space magic. Factions are no different. However? Should you find an NFU, or simply another character, that understands FUs and their abilities? Well. They usually regard them differently. Maybe even comfortably. But always with a grudging respect.

And it's not just their martial prowess either. The effects of the Force on the mind can be catastrophic. Suggestion, Illusion, Will Domination, Seership, and even Mind Reading. All talents that can be possessed by FUs. ...That's terrifying stuff to encounter. Even for a Jedi Master. So make no mistake. FUs are something to be feared and to be courted. On just about every account. Even at the Faction level. :D :p

[member="Lisette Kuhn"]

Straight from the Canon. DOn't try and pin that on the faction or saying that the Empire seeks to exclude people. Imperial Knights ran a different creed from the Jedi or Sith. Just because they're different there's no reason to make less of people who want to follow that creed, or say the faction is excluding people by following it. By that logic the Sith and Jedi are excluding force users in the same capacity by following canon creeds.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/61962-imperial-commandos-and-intelligence/#entry922940

The Imperial Knights were trained in many of the same philosophies and techniques as the Jedi, but differed markedly in their credos and method. The Imperial Knights viewed the Force as a tool–a powerful one to be respected, but not one that they spent time contemplating and meditating on. They knew the dangers of falling to the dark side, and believed that the Force could not be used out of anger or selfishness. Managing one's emotions and controlling one's fear in the face of adversity was a paramount aspect of Imperial Knight ideology. The strict mental discipline and obedience to orders that was part of their training made Imperial Knights less susceptible to the strong emotions that would draw students of the Jedi over to the dark side.[15

If there's something you dislike about the Imperial Knights, this advert does not address them but you are free to bring up your concerns there where they can be answered directly.

Vanya Lyekova said:
[member="Lisette Kuhn"] Lots of NFUs have a deeply seated dislike of FUs. Mostly out of ignorance, awe, and frustration for their space magic. Factions are no different. However? Should you find an NFU, or simply another character, that understands FUs and their abilities? Well. They usually regard them differently. Maybe even comfortably. But always with a grudging respect.

And it's not just their martial prowess either. The effects of the Force on the mind can be catastrophic. Suggestion, Illusion, Will Domination, Seership, and even Mind Reading. All talents that can be possessed by FUs. ...That's terrifying stuff to encounter. Even for a Jedi Master. So make no mistake. FUs are something to be feared and to be courted. On just about every account. Even at the Faction level. :D :p
The difference between the two is an explained dislike for the force, what happens in places like these are assumed dislike/hate/mistrust towards these groups simply to include NFUs because of the belief that NFUs cannot operate or co-exist with FUs in an IC setting while working in an Imperial faction or group. Where groups such as the previous Anti-Force User group(s) made it a point to exclude and hunt them down, groups such as Imperial Remnant, Galactic Empire (this one), and various other groups simply minimize any involvement of them without making any sort of IC reason or even doing so via IC. It's simply passed over, as though they are not wanted (or at least that is the feeling taken from not being included). This is the same feeling of exclusion people feel that force-focused groups experience when excluded from Force cults, though the difference is the intentional IC reasoning behind these actions and the way they are executed.

Fundamentally, what you are saying and what is being done here are two different things.

Vanya Lyekova

V
[member="Lisette Kuhn"]

IC, probably. But OOC? Well, I like to think the IR includes as many writers as possible. :D

Vanya Lyekova said:
[member="Lisette Kuhn"]

IC, probably. But OOC? Well, I like to think the IR includes as many writers as possible. :D
Their intention is to be inclusive, their methods of doing so only go skin deep. It's an issue with every Imperial faction focused on being the next Fel Empire, and it's because unlike the canon variant they do not go to the lengths to build up or explain why the emphasis is on solely NFU. Force user groups, which unsurprisingly tend to last the longest (i.e; The Republic's Jedi Order), make it clear and obvious why Force users are preferred, and flesh out the elitism between FUs and NFUs that creates this dislike for FUs. However this is not done here, it is simply being told that that is the case.

This was criticism to every single Empire faction out there both past and present, not specifically this one in particular, though they are still experiencing that same issue.

[member="Vanya Lyekova"] [member="Lisette Kuhn"]

Your problem has nothing to do with the information of this thread so I would like to request you carry your conversation to the other thread if you have an actual issue.

As the Imperial Knights are operating from canon and no moves IC have been made to exclude them and certainly none ooc have stopped the Imperial Knight writers from joining us so far I would prefer you didn't bash the faction as a whole for something that has no evidence yet. No one's been excluded IC, there is no claims of elitism, and no one has said thus far they feel restricted playing one role or the other.

If there is an actual problem I encourage writers who are interested in making Imperial Knights, but share Lisette's worries, to PM myself or another Imperial Admin and we can take your suggestions and questions to heart and hopefully give a satisfactory answer moving forward.

If that is all I would like the clutter of a subject not pertaining to this thread to end.

Alva Calvarona said:
there is no claims of elitism
It was an a comparison of elitism in groups such as the One Sith with the conceived exclusion seen in Imperial groups, such as this. Nobody is calling this faction elitist.

Vanya Lyekova

V
[member="Lisette Kuhn"] I'd probably agree. Lol. However, that said, I myself have never found an easy solution to such a social conundrum. But if you want? I'd be happy to PM and talk about some solutions? After all, I love to see Imperial Factions succeed. So I'd be down if you had any awesome suggestions or advice. :D

[member="Lisette Kuhn"]

Then that is my mistake and I readily apologize for making the assumption. I'm sorry if that does not seem sincere with my prior posts belief you were speaking ill, but I have meant no offense. Just that if such concerns were about the faction's force users the debate was more appropriate in the other thread. It seemed rather direct since you quoted our thread.

As it stands, if this comparison is your take from previous Imperial Factions format, I gladly agree with [member="Vanya Lyekova"] that any advice on the front of avoiding those concerns is readily welcome.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Thank you. I wasn't sure how best to do these write ups to be honest. But when the others started on the other adverts I wanted to join the party.

I think I was defeated in the use of good font.

*I totally have the best pictures though*

The suggestion for Imperial Intelligence to have a write up came from a member. They were a fan of the OSI's sub faction and asked to see if we could come up with anything ourselves.

Vanya Lyekova

V
Alva Calvarona said:
If that is all I would like the clutter of a subject not pertaining to this thread to end.
EDIT: Oh cool. You got that. Good save. Right on. ...Cheers! :p

OLD POST: Nah man. Lis is just observing a common thread amongst the META. The disparity between Imperials and their Jedi Knights. Even in canon it's a unique setup that is hard to swallow for many hobby writers. That's all.

The best opportunity we have here is to receive her comments, understand them, acknowledge them, and then reply knowing that this might be an area the IR could put more emphasis on. That's all. ...And hey? It could be a positive experience just waiting for us around the corner. Nice. :D

[member="Lisette Kuhn"]

We do not exclude force users, what we practice is that just because you are a force user does not mean you get special privileges. Everyone is equal in the eyes of the imperials. We treat our imperial knights just like we do our stormtroopers, each has their job to perform for the Empress and each is a valued member of our faction. A force user has to work their way up the political machine just like an non force user. My main Imperial Grand Moff Viera Kisep is just as valued as Grand Moff Palpitine. If you have issues with our faction please take them up with us but lets leave this thread for its intended purpose, which is recruiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom