Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I'm Over Existing In Limbo

The kitties caught him momentarily by surprise, but given that he'd been around Felix for so long he wasn't frightened or put off. Quite the opposite, he sank to his knees and tried to earn their favour right away, with soft fussing sounds and an outstretched hand that spoke of invitation not forced touch. He did not try to pet them until they wanted to be pet.
When Thurion informed them that he'd be getting the hearth burning, Mysa joined him. She was always happy to muck in and help. Theryn was too, but Mysa knew this home intimately and he did not. Instead he remained with the various kitties until it was time for dinner.
Once they were gathered around the hearth, thoroughly stuffed, Theryn sat upon the floor and basked in the warmth of the fire. Mysa was sat across from Thurion, staring at the holofeed of her beloved Coci. Her Master, the woman who had helped raise her. It was so good to see her face, even if it could not be in person.
"I will, Mama" she said when asked to pass along Coci's love to Kära. "I love you!"
She turned away as man and wife said their goodbyes, watching the kitties curled up near where Theryn lounged. Every now and then he'd reach out to brush one delicate finger over the forehead of Bib or Bub, who were slowly warming up to him in their own time, while one of his bare feet rubbed across Felix's back. The Frír purred happily, from both his fusses and the attention of the smaller kitties.
"Dinner was delicious, Papa," Mysa assured him, which had Theryn glancing up from the crackling fire.
"Yes, uncle, it was fantastic. I daresay I ate enough to fill an elkki. Thank you for your hospitality."
Quite unexpectedly the lad, who had been sat before the fire both before and after dinner, rose up and approached one of the windows. On the other side, despite the fresh pillowy snow, small vines began to rise up through the dirt. Clusters of tiny white flowers formed, then transformed into plump, bountiful bunches of red grapes. He waited until enough had formed, then quickly as he could opened the window, snatched a bunch, and then closed it again.
Only a very brief breeze entered the room, soon snuffed out by the warmth of the hearth.
Then, mumbling softly to himself, he padded barefoot toward the kitchen.
Mysa watched him go, then looked back to Thurion. She seemed as bewildered as the man likely was.
"Has Coci been gone long?" she inquired, "And how are the youngsters? How old are they now..?"
By Odiir's beard, Mysa had been away for too long.

"Oh no," his daughter's voice brought him out of his contemplative state. "She'll spend the occasional night at the Fortress of Dawn to better devote herself to matters requiring her supervision. You know your mother, she's no idle wallflower. She needs the Dawnguard to occupy herself. I would not deny her fulfilment just for one more night spent together."

Love was about personal sacrifice, after all, and there was no love greater than that between the King and Queen Heavenshield.

"Hah, they're not so little no more," the proud patriarch laughed. "The most recent addition was made by your blessed brother," he called out to Theryn busy in the kitchen doing... something. "Thrand and Ióunn gave birth to a beautiful boy some years ago. They named him Elessar. I hear it's a bit of a rarity for the Queen to give birth to a son, as in it's never happened before. Then again, never before has the Lady of the Lake married a mortal man. Many things are bound to be different."

Elessar was not the first case of Man and Elf coming together to create life; his own Captain of the Lionguard, the Lord Commander Arden Durane Arden Durane was of mixed heritage, after all.

"The Woodland Realm of Averlorn is your next destination," he instructed Mysa sitting beside him by placing his hand upon hers. "Thrand will want to see the two of you safe, and he'll be able to guide you the rest of the way. It'll give you time to catch up, the three of you. Perhaps you'll even run into the twins."

Theryn Hearthfire Theryn Hearthfire

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom