Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Illyria's Hall of Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
HallofHippos.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Structure Name: The Hall of Heroes
  • Classification: Knight Headquarters
  • Affiliation: The Knighthood of Illyria
  • Accessibility: The Hall of Heroes is in a centric location in Jassin City. The structure is easy to find as it is one of the larger buildings in the city. Any citizen of the planet can enter and enjoy the archive of the Knighthood. There is a moderate security force to ensure none of the precious artifacts are damaged or stolen.
  • Description: There are a number of structures in Jassin City that bring in a crowd of tourists to the planet. The Hall of Heroes is one such building, standing over almost all the other buildings in the city it is a massive structure. The main hall holds a few different receptionists desks where anyone can sign in and get a pass to the archive of the Knights. The archive itself is the only actual part of the building open to the public. It contains a statue of every night ever committed to the Order. Most of the statues are only three-five feet large, reflecting the mass majority of the members of the Order. However, there are several statues that are nearly fifteen meters in height. These colossal statues are reserved for the Royal Knights of the Order and the Grand Master. Every statue holds a datapad in front of it. Using that datapad a person can read about what event got a Knight his title and their contributions to date. Aside from the main archive, which takes up less than half of the building, the headquarters of the order is also within the building. This is where Knights are registered, mentored, and even housed in the event they are in need of lodging. Any member of the Knighthood may gain access to the Headquarters, however all others must request access.
POINTS OF INTEREST
  • The Archives: The first few halls of the building are composed of the archive which is open to the general public. The archive stands as a point of interest for anyone wishing to learn about the many famous Knights of the planet. The archive is filled with hundreds of duracrete statues and busts, which are crafted based on each Knight that is entered into the order.
  • The Headquarters: The Headquarters is the home of the Knightly Order's infrastructure. Those members of the order who are not bound to a noble lord or the Monarchy often work here for the betterment of the order and by extent, Illyria.
  • The Barracks: Every member of the Knighthood is guaranteed lodging and food, the barracks is a large part of the complex, mostly underground with comfortable rooms designed to house a Knight.

SECURITY
Medium

• Redundant Alarm System
  • Durasteel Blast Doors
  • Armed Peace Officers
  • Armed Knights of the Sword
  • CCTV Video Recording Systems
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
When first constructed, the Hall of Heroes was only meant to be an archive, a building holding a record of all the Knights to ever be recognized by Illyria. In the end the building served more than one purpose. While it's large halls were crafted to hold the statues of the Knight's who had served, it was also designated as the Headquarters for the order.

Last edited:
Hi,

This is a really nicely put together submission and was a fun one to read. I can't see anything wrong with it, however I just have one suggestion. The historical information section feels a little sparse, this is really your chance to add character to the submission, the history behind it and the feel of the place so that any writers who come here later can really understand your vision of the location and it's history.

What does it take to have your statue put up here? Who built it, was it expanded or still in it's original state? What would someone approaching feel and see. Adding a few more details could really round out the submission.

Of course, if you're happy with the submission as it is I'd be happy to approve it as it stands.

Adron Malvern Adron Malvern

I do agree this can be fleshed out a bit more, however lately I've learned it's more productive for me to make the sub and then get back to it when the thoughts can build a bit more. It's especially difficult because everything in the Illyria Domain is realtively newly innovated by my character, so literally speaking there isn't much history. Please go ahead and approve it!

Rach'ta Rach'ta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom