Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied Illyria Marcos' Treatise on Alchemical Crystal Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresta

D
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a framework for future codex and factory entries, and an application of alchemy that uses crystals as the primary material rather than metal, or flesh, or wood, or whatever
  • Image Credit: N/A
  • Canon: Sith Alchemy
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Sith Alchemy | Kyber Crystal | Bleeding
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Holocron Name: Holocron Entry #4412-Seve(Static)
  • Alignment: Dark Side
  • Origin: The Sith Lord Darth Vorichiator, and his apprentice Illyria Marcos
  • Affiliation: The Sith Lord, Dresta the White
  • Gatekeeper: The gatekeeper is a murmuring mess of blurred faces, hands, limbs, none of which seem to belong to the same person and with many species elements within ranging from pureblood sith to Wookiee. Each holder of the holocron influences the gatekeeper, which becomes more and more powerful with every holder. Rumor has it, the gatekeeper will one day be called upon to occupy a body constructed for it by the Cult that built its holocron. The Gatekeeper does not have a name, at least not one that anyone remembers for any time they answer the people and even droids that hear it can never seem to remember.
  • Description: A holocron entry in a holocron, one of many, designed to safeguard the future of the Sith religion.
DEFENSES
  • Accessibility: Only force-sensitives can open the Holocron. It can be opened with an archaic early Sith phrase that can be roughly translated to a more nuanced version of “The power lies within”. This phrase can be communicated telepathically, and those who don’t know the phrase cannot open the holocron. The holocron may additionally choose to open themselves up to an owner, or user.
  • Security: This holocron can poison the force around it and turn it against the people trying to open it should it not wish for them to, sickening force-sensitive beings with their own nature. However, it can do nothing against droids or non-force sensitives, though it is not necessarily designed to as they cannot open it.

CONTENT INFORMATION
Information on the use of crystals as a working medium in Sith alchemy.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Holocron Entry #44412-Seve(Static), (Static) BBY, Cult of Illyria

Since coming into power of this Cult (which is dedicated to the survival of my faith, the gathering of knowledge and the training of the next generation of our people) I have come to realize that there is also a need for research in the Force. Starting with my oversight of this Cult, we will begin to not only gather information on the Force and understand it, but also to create such knowledge. In this treatise on the alchemical workings of crystals I, Illyria Marcos, will introduce you to the basics of crystal working, including its origins within the Cult of Illyria; the advantages of crystal merging as an alternative to artificial, red lightsaber crystals and bled kyber crystals; the mechanics of merging crystals and compounding crystals with other non-crystalline materials; the necessity for cutting at times and how these cuttings can be used as growth seeds; the growing of new crystal breeds; the market for alchemically merged non-lightsaber crystals and their potential uses and a list of acknowledged masters of the art who able to teach it in full. By understanding this entry you will have a thorough understanding of alchemical crystal-working and should even be able to formulate your own crystals.

For the curious alchemist hoping to understand this rare art, one must first understand what the art is. Crystal working is the communication with, combination, creation, growth, and care of crystals using alchemy as well as the general study of crystals, especially pertaining to their use to Sith, their modification by the Force, or their commercial properties. It would be wise to understand that no Light-sider can harness crystal working in any meaningful way due to the passion, the fire, and the alchemical mastery needed for this art with which one can create hybrid crystals for their sabers, blades, blasters, or some other concoction of weaponry, grow crystals for use as screens in manufacturing processes, or seed a world with a crystal of your own creation that future generations may find and make use of. It is, perhaps, amongst the most enduring of alchemical arts and should be approached much in the same way to creating new life.

Crystal Working originated with my master, Darth Vorichiator, in a lesser form. I later developed the art as I became more specialized in the alchemy of our faith. However, any dark-sider may make use of this art. While Darth Vorichiator established the basic framework, his accomplishments were limited exclusively to the creation of new and unique types of lightsaber crystals, which our Cult harnessed to our benefit. However, it has been my life's work to unlock the secrets of crystals and crystalline technologies, and this specific art has seen massive leaps during my studies. What was no longer thought possible with the crystal now is, and though the combination of crystals was once the speciality of the Cult of Vorichiator, that mantle has now passed to the Cult of Illyria, and will one day be the Cult of someone else.

I remember being quite young. My master, Darth Vorichiator, who had purchased me at a slave auction, had become excited. He had been researching alternatives to the Sith culture of creating artificial, red lightsaber crystals from or bleeding natural kyber crystals, preferably taken from Jedi, and had made a discovery by accident. In his excitement, Darth Vorichiator revealed that I too could learn this art, this application of alchemy, and I realized that if it brought him such joy, such courage, such liveliness to make a discovery then I too would want to be an alchemist. He had not intended for me to become one; he thought I lacked curiosity, but after my many questions he realized he was wrong and thus my education started.

In my opinion, the bond between one's new lightsaber crystal is superior to that a Sith could ever have with a bled kyber crystal. This is because as one merges crystals into what might be the start of an entirely new breed of crystal, one will bond with the kyber crystal seed within. This creates a dark mirror of the connection that a Jedi has with their own kyber crystal, and all crystals grown from and crystals taken from this merged crystal will be able to be bonded with in much a similar way by a dark sider. One should note, however, that the crystals merge into one distinct crystal, and there is rarely a gradient discerning what used to be, though there are exceptions to this so-called rule.

The crystals themselves are, in my opinion, superior as the creator can choose the traits they wish their new crystal to have. These options are more plentiful than those available with a bled kyber crystal or artificial lightsaber crystal. Of course, one still has to seek out the lightsaber crystals in order to have the material to work with. One might even prefer to take them from a Jedi. I have seen many students do this, and though I am certain the Jedi are wondering why their diplomats occasionally go missing, the results of my students' accomplishments are what is notable here. Oftentimes, a student will create these new crystals for their second or even third lightsaber. I, myself, did it for my third upon the death of my master.

When performing alchemy one must take care to knit the crystals together with the Force to form a new, complete whole. This process can take many hours, and though practice in creating artificial lightsaber crystals will be incredibly useful, more practice and skill is required to the knitting of these crystals together. I am reminded that my mother used to knit me hats, and this is much the same to any knitted item, save that the knitting is closer - making a new whole.

There is a need at times for very large crystals to be cut, but fear not as these cuttings may be saved for your apprentices or can be used as seeds for growing your crystals. Crystalline growth can be achieved through a variety of methods. You can seed the crystal in a cave, a chamber, an underground area of some sort, use a crystalline growth chamber, or even grow certain crystals in a jar on a string. It is possible that you could be responsible for creating an entirely new breed of crystals, which I suggest that you covet for yourself and use wisely. The right combination could make one very wealthy indeed. Think of it as art, or a child: the creation of the new often results in something precious.

As far as uses for these crystals beyond the creation of lightsabers, there are many possibilities for crystalline technologies. I have had some luck in creating a firearm that launches crystals that can penetrate armor or durasteel walls at higher settings. I have even equipped some of our guards with this weapon, and have found it is also useful as an anti-personnel weapon. Crystals can also be grown into shielding to hide behind. Similar things may be possible in a wide variety of fields, with other possibilities such as a droid brain carved out into crystals, a crystalline armor, a weave of crystals in something similar to a fabric equally opportune. Unfortunately I do not have a long enough life to discern all the possibilities. I feel that I will never find the secret of immortality that I long for. The Force has shown me this, and I have made my peace with the beautiful death.

(Appendium #1) While crystals of differing types can be merged together in a new crystal, I have most recently discovered a need to add a further section here to the complete treatise. I am older, and wiser now, and have realized that it is possible to knit non-crystalline materials into the crystalline matrices of the crystals one might create. This has added something... distinct, and the possibilities are not yet entirely understood. Perhaps future generations will come to understand them more completely, as I near my death. I have developed a cancer to which there is no cure. I wish to die a Sith warrior's death, and have pride in my suspicion that my apprentice intends to overthrow me. I have confidence I will die as in the same fashion that I came into this world - in a flit of passion, newness, and awe. Death is quite beautiful, is it not? If one could avoid it easily, one might never appreciate truly how beautiful it is.

The holocron cuts to a gatekeeper who asks a series of questions. Should you not be able to answer these questions, the list of masters who can teach this cannot be accessed. However, your name can be added should you prove to the gatekeeper that you have accomplished a necessary skill level.

Note: Only current or former members of the Cult of Dresta are able to access this list

A List of Acknowledged Masters of the Art Able to Teach it in Full:

• Darth Vorichiator (Deceased)
  • Illyria Marcos (Presumed Deceased)
  • Calaken Pavbla (Presumed Deceased)
  • Darth Peris (Jacen Rictor) (Presumed Deceased)
  • Adonis Rictor (Presumed Deceased)
  • Asikari Rictor (Status Unknown)
  • Issica of Morellia, the Hermit (Alive)
  • Lord Dresta the White (Active)
  • Vaada Spiralwaker (Alive)
  • Luca Arcspinner

Please note, the above list is in chronological order of addition.

CREDIT: TO Lefwin Claskier/Todd for Proofreading & Grammatical Improvements. The Lords of the Sith thank you for your contributions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Residential Archfey
Dresta

Pretty nice. A few things:

• Origin: The Sith Lord Darth Vorichiator, and his apprentice Illyria Marcos
  • Affiliation: The Sith Lord, Dresta the White
Please provide links to Darth Vorichiator, Illyria Marcos, and Dresta the White if available. The character sheet of Dresta works just fine.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Holocron Entry #44412-Seve(Static), (Static) BBY, Cult of Illyria

If there's a link for this Cult of Illyria, too, please provide that link.

Since coming into power of this Cult (which is dedicated to the survival of my faith, the gathering of knowledge and the training of the next generation of our people) I have come to realize that there is also a need for research in the Force. Starting with my oversight of this Cult, we will begin to not only gather information on the Force and understand it, but also to create such knowledge. In this treatise on the alchemical workings of crystals I, Illyria Marcos, will introduce you to the basics of crystal working, including its origins within the Cult of Illyria; the advantages of crystal merging as an alternative to artificial, red lightsaber crystals and bled kyber crystals; the mechanics of merging crystals and compounding crystals with other non-crystalline materials; the necessity for cutting at times and how these cuttings can be used as growth seeds; the growing of new crystal breeds; the market for alchemically merged non-lightsaber crystals and their potential uses and a list of acknowledged masters of the art who able to teach it in full. By understanding this entry you will have a thorough understanding of alchemical crystal-working and should even be able to formulate your own crystals.

Please provide links for Kyber Crystals and Bleeding for ease of access.

Note: Only current or former members of the Cult of Dresta are able to access this list

A List of Acknowledged Masters of the Art Able to Teach it in Full:

• Darth Vorichiator (Deceased)
  • Illyria Marcos (Presumed Deceased)
  • Calaken Pavbla (Presumed Deceased)
  • Darth Peris (Jacen Rictor) (Presumed Deceased)
  • Adonis Rictor (Presumed Deceased)
  • Asikari Rictor (Status Unknown)
  • Issica of Morellia, the Hermit (Alive)
  • Lord Dresta the White (Active)
  • Vaada Spiralwaker (Alive)
  • Luca Arcspinner

Please include a link for the Cult of Dresta as well as the listed individuals as available.

Dresta

D
Dresta

Pretty nice. A few things:

Please provide links to Darth Vorichiator, Illyria Marcos, and Dresta the White if available. The character sheet of Dresta works just fine.

If there's a link for this Cult of Illyria, too, please provide that link.

Please provide links for Kyber Crystals and Bleeding for ease of access.

Please include a link for the Cult of Dresta as well as the listed individuals as available.

1.) Darth Vorichiator and Illyria Marcos have been dead for a very long time ICly. I have linked Dresta.
2.) The Cult of Dresta, once the Cult of Illyria, takes on the name of the leader of the Cult. It has been many names throughout history. It is currently the Cult of Dresta, but I only have a mostly-placeholder-combat unit up for the Cult of Dresta. IDK if that's okay, or what I want listed.
3.) That'll be edited in in about 30 seconds.
4.) most of those individuals are also dead - with some drama obvious between them, and a hereditary family line that was broken that I find particularly interesting ICly. That's mostly a list of former Cult leaders, who inherited the art from predecessors, and from which this knowledge would have spread.

Residential Archfey
Dresta

I only point out the various names because if submissions or faction pages for them exist you will need to link them in this submission, whether or not they're dead doesn't matter. If they do not exist then, there isn’t an issue.

Linking the combat unit for the cult will work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom