Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

d6pNLxx.png

Coruscant // Galactic City // Federal Annex
Office of the Ministry of Commerce
The Federal Building and nearby Federal Annex were bustling since the Declaration had been made the previous week. Politicians, lawmen, company representatives and countless planetary ambassadors were flocking to the capital to discuss the future of the Core Alliance, bringing a great many opportunities and complications to the table for the Ministries to deal with. Categorizing and prioritizing the mounting list of requests, complaints and questions was no simple task, but a few things took obvious precedence when it came to stabilizing the worlds of the newly christened Federation. Among them; currency.

Money was a universal language in concept, but far from in practice. Across the many worlds of the Alliance, some with vastly different in cultures and traditions, numerous currencies existed in the markets. Confusing exchange rates, buyer concerns and, in some areas, outright refusal of non-local currencies were inevitable issues most interstellar nations would have to address. Fortunately, the more densly populated planets of the Core Worlds had held onto currencies derived from the old Republic Credit; wildly considered to be the current standard of the region. However, among the many changes taking place, the Ministry of Commerce saw an opportunity to introduce a more secure option to promote their overall goal -- stability in the Core Worlds.

As a result, the newly reinstated
InterGalactic Banking Clan had been contacted and invited to the Annex to meet with an official from the Office of the Ministry of Commerce. It would be no easy task for the Ministry, but the possibilities were intriguing enough. The meeting would be their final deciding factor; if the Clan's recently developed attempt at a Galactic Standard Credit could prove to be in the interest of the new Federation's economy, they would do what was necessary to make it so for the benefit of the future.

"Mr. Harper," the young administrative assistant of the Office calls out politely from behind her desk, attempting to get the representative's attention "Mr. Maasi can see you now."

She raises her hand to gesture to the door to the left of her, inviting Dorian to enter. Inside the rather plain and utilitarian office, the Tepasi-born Selkath bureaucrat scrolls through his message logs on his private computer, awaiting the appointment to begin.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Last edited:
Harper slowly finished his conversation with the group that had formed around him. Some asking information about stocks, what to expect for the galactic economy, and any other manner of questions to increase their net worth; and Harper did what he could to provide them with what information mattered - and what information would help him. Insider Trading was illegal in some governments, but most couldn’t prove it, especially if you helped manage the stock market.​
He hummed slightly as his named was called, and he readjusted his tie before giving the gentlemen a nod;​
I must be off, gentleman. Credits call…”, he laughed before wandering off to the receptionist. With a smile, he entered the room in question, and glanced about. Immaculate architecture, as he expected of Coruscant; and this new christened ‘Alliance’. Dorian offered a quiet, tempered smile as he glanced to the Tepasi…​
Mr. Maasi - A pleasure.”, Dorian offered with the offer of a handshake. Afterwards, he moved to find his seat;​
Congratulations on your new government. I have a feeling it will fair better than it would have under your… Imperator.”, Dorian offered with a light laugh as he pulled a few papers from his coat, placing them on the table.​

As the door hisses open the Selkath's attention diverts from his screen, immediately shifting to his guest. Once Dorian enters, he stands to greet him politely, extending his own elongated, three-digit hand to awkwardly attempt to return the banker's handshake.

"The pleasure is mutual, Mr. Harper," although he speaks Galactic Basic, his voice is overlayed with a synthesized one from a small, throat-mounted device designed to assist with certain pronunciations his kind are incapable of replicating. He gestures to the chair across from him, and takes a seat simultaneously.

The official nods to the comment, if anything to appease the evident opinion, but doesn't seem to bite on the sentiment. "Not much has changed, as far as this office's function is concerned," he raises his hands, as if to concede a point "aside from the workload, at the moment" he adds with the equivalent of a chuckle, attempting to return the humour.

He clasps his hands together, intertwining his long, slender fingers to place them on the desk. "But, yes, the new Chief of State has sped up some plans that had been in the pipeline. It is a good thing, yes. We can't deny that." He nods again, "I can't say I disagree with the House's choice, nor with you. But, we mustn't discredit which banner made these opportunities possible for us. But I understand your reservations."

He shrugs, "That's beside the point, I suppose. We must look ahead, for better or worse, and the first thing on many people's minds is, well; credits." He makes a broad gesture with his right hand, "There's much uncertainty in everything happening, and plenty of change. It may surprise you, but stabilizing the Core is no easy task," he offers a semblance of a smile across his wide, flat face "The Alliance needs to offer more than military security to it's systems; economic security is often overlooked, and yet it's just as, if not more important."

"So," he lifts a hand to to beckon forward toward the banker "tell me, Mr. Harper, how might the Banking Clan and this new 'Galactic Credit', help us provide this to our people? How can it benefit us? How exactly does this benefit you?" At that, he leans back in his chair, waiting to listen intently to the businessman's response.

Straight to business.​
Maliphant brought a finger to his lips as he listened to the bureaucrat speak; about the issues the Alliance faced. With their recent upheaval, it only made sense people were less encouraged by the stability of their markets, and any grand change to the order would see prices drop. Realistically, this only hurt the rich, but the longer it stood the more damage it did.​
With a nod, Dorian glanced up and smiled, offering quick and calming words;​
Well, let me explain -”, he offered as he set some of the papers on the table before them. They held a variety of brightly bulleted points, and a extremely simplistic designed cover that went into the intricate workings of the credit.​
- First, you would pay us in your currency enough Credits to create a stockpile of our wealth in your lands. A service fee on top of that, but that wouldn’t compare to the immediate gains you would receive.”, he said with a quick dismissive wave of his hand.​
Once this official transfer is taken, and your reserves become backed in our banks, you’ll have comlete access to the ‘Galactic Standard Credit’, which firstly helps with the general exchange rates throughout the galaxy by simply axing them.”, he laughed, though only for a moment.​
With trade standardized, you’ll see your import and export market more readily accepted - since this is becoming the new standard for much of the galaxy. Yet, that is only one of the ways this would increase the development of your nation.”​
Maliphant cleared his throat as he crossed his legs and pointed to the papers -​
On page 34, it’ll speak of it in greater detail, but the Credit is backed by a mixture of precious metals, wealth, and various companies in the galaxy for their production. Its a great solid means to solidify worth, essentially making a safety net of physical production should it ever begin to drop - but the real wealth for you, is the self investing, quantum block chains, fiat manipulation.”, he said with a quick motion to the next page.​
Whenever the crypto-Credit is able to perform difficult calculations, it produces wealth - and through that, we create spikes in the worth of our credit. This means simply owning a credit, can viably make one rich in a moment’s notice; which helps with the spending and consumer confidence in your economy - leave alone the momentum of money.”, he said lightly.​
Yet, past all that - we still have Fiat manipulation. Loans to various private and public organizations altered through the minute and fine manipulation of interest rates allows us to have a very hands on control of the economy at any given moment - and worst case, we freely inject vast amounts of money to your economy to help keep it afloat.”​
You see, if our currency becomes your currency - you add to it. Others add to it. None of them can fall, or they all fall - so through strength in numbers; be they corporation or government, allows us to ensure that everyone wins at the end of the day - and your economy as a whole, profits.”​
Dorian sat back with a smile as he glanced to see the bureaucrats reaction - he had just gone on a tirade after all.​
We benefit because we become the controller of your very large, very profitable economy; and you doing well, increases the capital we have, and the worth of our board. Together, we become a synergetic powerhouse - and both profit. It’s that simple.”​

The Selkath nods along to Dorian's explanations, clearly having a genuine understanding of the concepts being presented by the reputable banker.

"Fascinating," he remarks as the secret Sith Lord concludes his pitch "Truly. You live up to the name of your predecessors, Mr. Harper." Maasi pulls himself from his own seat now, picking up a few of the papers that had been offered to skim them over, double-checking some of the concepts that had been elaborated on throughout Dorian's thorough explanation.

"I am an educated man, Mr. Harper. Please don't think otherwise. But, I must admit; crypto-credits are outside of my knowledge. I recall some of the early theorizing of their creation in University, but it was never a subject I pursued in any extensive detail." He sets the documents back down, stacked neatly infront of his chair, but remains standing. He crosses his arms while a long finger pokes curiously at one of the cephalic fins on his face while he ponders over the information presented.

Finally, he seems to come to a conclusion and moves his finger to point at the representative, "I believe I see the methods of mutual profit. I can certain see the appeal when it comes to economic stability. Assuming it catches on, the implications for foreign exchange are magnificent. But, I do have to ask; how exactly is such a thing secure?"

He steps closer to his desk, looking back down upon the papers. He taps along at a few of the written words on multiple documents as he continues, "Super processors. Artificial intelligence. I mean, we both know computer systems - even the best of them - get cracked eventually. What sort of guarantees or assurances do we have that this safe? Has it been tested?"

Firstly, the power of the processors and artificial intelligence. Jaeger, one of our subsidiaries, helped develop the ‘Apollo’ Class AI that builds on the success of the AXIOS once utilized by the One Sith war machine - and that alone helps us break free of most traditional, and untraditional hacking mechanisms.”, he said with a smile.​
With a point of his finger to the paper once more, he spoke again;​
Besides that, once a credit has the transactional data of its previous value, it is impossible to cut that away without ruining the ‘value’ of the Credit. I couldn’t explain it entirely, since it was the engineers who created it - but suffice to say, it is wholly protected from would be slicers.”, Dorian offered with a coyness that only spoke to his confidence in the credit.​
Are there any other questions I could help with?”​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom