Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea board for stage two, restoration of the Underground to minor status and TKO Redux

All a new vote has been taken and it has been decided that many would like to stay major. This thread is now to be a living idea board for all members to express their views and for ideas to be shared on how we move forward.

Topics for stage one of transformation is to discuss the process of restoring the underground to a minor faction and creating the new TKO Redux faction, taking out the ideas here and coming to a concensus.

1. Transfer of power, I will not be able to hold a major and minor faction at the same time. As I want to not force the underground into being something it is not, I would like to restore it as a proper minor faction and let others run it. To this end Jorus as expressed a desire to take it on and I would like to give it back to him. Any arguments to this?

2. Some ideas for the shape and name of TKO redux have already been discussed and that discussion should continue. As such any who would like to talk about, name, structure or a multitude of other ideas please do. I hope with everyone's input we can build a funner and even more sustainable major faction.

3. In order to stay major we will need to dom here pretty soon. To that end we will creating a T1 dom shortly. It will act as a bridge and transition from here to out final product. It will be conducted like ghost ship, and be more of a DM event. This is not to be the norm, but rather a thing we need to do so we can meet the activity quota. All future doms will be decided in threads like this going forward.

Also any other questions or views please discuss or DM me in private if you do not wish to make it public.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
I do suggest having a separate minor faction as the Underground. I think that we should still keep TU as part of the TKO or KIL, whatever we decide. TU should focus on the faction specific story lines and KIL/TKO whtever on the map game.

The big question to answer here is degree of separation:

SUBFACTIONS

1. If a Minor Faction holds allegiance to, operates under the authority of, or in any way belongs to a Major Faction they are considered a Subfaction and not a Minor Faction.

2. A Subfaction may use the resources of its Major Faction, but may not initiate Rebellions.

Option 1: total separation, Underground can't use TKO/KIL resources, but can launch Rebellions

Option 2: subfaction (either on a separate faction forum or as a sub-forum in TKO/KIL), we can all use the same ships/tech, but the Underground can't launch rebellions

I'm totally fine with either one. Personally, I'd prefer option 2 to really keep the sense of community. I'd also really like to hear the opinions of people who expressed a lot of interest in the minor-faction side of things.

1. I believe subfaction is the way to go. It means we don't get to have the Underground run around and do its Undergroundy things and such, but it is the only move that makes total sense IC-wise.

2. I still believe Kathol Independence League is too local and believe we should have a name that is more about the greater region as a whole if we are going to name ourselves after an area in it. I get the whole "Yeah, we started in the Kathol Outback vibe it has, but really it doens't sit with me for some reason. I still support "Outer Rim Confederacy" or "League of Independent Planets."

Build it around the conept we laid out, make it a bit more of an actual surface-level government or whatever and let member go wild, perhaps allow them to claim a stake at running a planet if they so desire? I know the Sith Order tried something like that before and I believe it worked for a bit. [member="Jorus Merrill"] would know more about it than I do though.

3. I have a planet in the hex that is to the east of TKO (Hex 9:26) that I have been working on for a bit now. The story is that it is a small planet that was once forgotten by history but rediscovered by yours truly. I have also been mentioning that the Underground has helped deliver goods to the planet to let it remain incognito for a little bit and slowly adapt to being out there again.

If you do decide to take the Silken Asteroid/Alzoc III hex, hit me up.

I'm undecided regarding the question whether to wholly separate Underground from the Outback or not. A firm separation would give Underground more room to do, well, rebel things by launching Rebellions and such.

But at the same time it would mean starting from scratch and there's the question of why the Underground would perform such a hard break, unless there's an IC rift, which would be a bit strange since I imagine there'd be a big overlap in members.

2. Regarding dominions, more story guided dominions are fun. I personally find them a bit easier to get into than pure sandbox ones, but that's just a personal taste.

But I would not make DMed ones the norm. For one, they tend to run into the problem that when the person directing the story is absent for this or that reason, they stagnate.

3. Since it's supposed to be a confederation of worlds instead of a highly centralised nation, I think letting individual members run planets or part of them has potential. I believe Primeval allowed this and TSO has its domain system. I've had fun running my own little corner for the space elves and developing it in concert with other writers.

Obviously there'd have to be a common charter that reflects the faction's IC values, but at the same time this is the rough, untamed frontier - and thus less law and order than say the Galactic Alliance or the former Omega Protectorate would be.

Elpsis Elaris said:
3. Since it's supposed to be a confederation of worlds instead of a highly centralised nation, I think letting individual members run planets or part of them has potential. I believe Primeval allowed this and TSO has its domain system. I've had fun running my own little corner for the space elves and developing it in concert with other writers. Obviously there'd have to be a common charter that reflects the faction's IC values, but at the same time this is the rough, untamed frontier - and thus less law and order than say the Galactic Alliance or the former Omega Protectorate would be.
[member="Elpsis Elaris"] - Love this idea, I am all for writers carving out their own little kingdom. I will whole hearty support this, encourage dom, faction threads, and events to further this.

What is our opinion on a "TKOdex", a basic gathering of these different subs so people can use and build off them?

I know i'm no big name, but as the owner of a minor faction, subfactions can be a way for people to explore while still being a part of the major faction, mutually beneficial. I don't have much to offer except a small fleet, but I'm on the lookout for volunteers to join the fleet and take part in the patrolling of the sectors as a police for hire type group

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom