Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech I'dadr | Mandalorian Beskad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M A N D A L O R I A N
B E S K A D

j1TRMUk.png
"Sometimes to best your opponent, you have to use their own weapon against them. We did that, but made the weapon better in the process."
- Si'kayha
Commando on the I'dadr Beskad

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a beskad for the Si'kayha of the Mandalorian Enclave.
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Vibroblade
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Beskar blade
    • Monomolecular edge
  • Ultrasonic Vibration Generator
    • Multiple Power-level Configurations
  • Unique blade design along ricasso
    • Dueling advantage
  • Unique aerodynamic inlay for faster swings and cuts.
  • Perfectly-forged balance for ease of use.
    • Lightweight construction
  • Agrinium grip core.
    • Decreases weight, increases durability
    • Decreases beskar resource consumption
  • Mando'a carvings along fuller, aesthetic value
STRENGTHS
  • Mandalorian Iron: With a resilient agrinium shaft core and beskar exterior, the beskad is an extremely durable weapon, able to parry high-energy weapons including lightsabers.
  • Piercing: A beskar blade with a monomolecular edge powered by an ultrasonic vibration generator means that beskad. Without the generator activated, the piercing ability of the vibrosword is limited somewhat, but not by much given the properties of monomolecular beskar edge.
  • Blade Design: Along the ricasso of the blade are unique designs that allow the user to parry melee weapons in unconventional ways that would not be possible with a standard straight blade.
WEAKNESSES
  • Long-Range Engagement: As a melee weapon, the vibrosword quite literally falls short at long ranges.
  • Material Degradation: The synth-leather wrapping around the hilt of the blade can fall subject to degradation over time and may require replacement.
DESCRIPTION
The beskad is the traditional melee weapon of the Mandalorian, forged from beskar to be ultra-light and durable, able to withstand blows even from lightsabers. Design tradition has usually held that a beskad is shorter than a typical vibrosword, and ancient records can date this design philosophy back to ancient Taung. Though a capable weapon in its own right, usage of the beskad soared after the Mandalorians came into conflict with the Jedi, needing a weapon that could suitably parry the high-energy plasmatic blades of the Jedi's lightsabers. Over the many thousands of years of Mandalorian culture, the beskad has been improved upon, altered, and had variations made of it.

The I'dadr is but one variation of the traditional beskad. Forged for the Si'kayha Commandos of the Mandalorian Enclave, the I'dadr design is larger than a traditional beskad, on par with a standard lightsaber or vibrosword. Although the weapon is larger and thus slightly more unwieldy when being used in conjunction with another weapon in the offhand, its lightweight beskar construction still allows for ease of use when dual wielding.

The beskad was constructed specifically with the intent to counter the lightsabers of Force Users, especially Sith. Warriors of the Si'kayha are expected to be the foremost and last defense of the Enclave and are afforded the best gear and training that the Mandalorian Enclave has to offer. The I'dadr was thus constructed specifically to perform exceptionally well in duels with lightsaber wielders, and it excels in this. Its monomolecular beskar edge powered by an ultrasonic vibration generator gives it near-unparalleled piercing and parrying capabilities, but the unique blade design along the ricasso allows its wielder to parry melee weapons with unconventional forms that most lightsaber wielders would not be acclimated to, giving a commando an advantage when fighting a Jedi or Sith.

A new and deadly variation on a traditional Mandalorian design, the I'dadr beskad is a Si'kayha warrior's best friend in melee combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom