Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ice and Kyber does not a drink make

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
Kuxirra sat and focused, drawing on the Force to guide her. For an instant, she found it, but lost it before she could pinpoint it. She sighed and submerged herself in the Force again, managing to pinpoint it this time. It was near the far end of the cave, about three meters up. The Togruta looked at it and saw the amethyst glow of the crystal. Her crystal. She took a running jump and managed to grab the crystal. Having accomplished that, she quickly made her way back to the mouth, a broad, triumphant grin on her face.

Jorah zos Darnus

J
This was very much like the Trial of Fire.​

Yet, it was unlike any trial that Jorah had ever undertaken. He could feel the magic all around them. And, yet, he was unable to predict how it would move. One moment, Asher was holding a crystal. The next, Asher was freezing into a block of ice. ​

The spirit moved. It was real. And still not. But only when the glamour had faded did it dawn on the boy that it was illusion. Even, it seemed, the crystal that Asher had been holding before..​

"So, what brings you here? I'm sorry, but i also think i missed your name..."

"Jorah," the Nightbrother answered quietly.

Holding up a hand, the boy invoked the magic of the totem that he carried. A flickering flame, like that of a candle, appeared in boy's palm. It cast some illumination across the walls of the cave, sparkling as it was reflected in the crystalline walls.

It was a relief to be able to speak in Dathomirian. When he spoke Basic, he found it a struggle to compose himself properly. Their grammar was particularly frustrating. "This trip seemed like a good opportunity to learn more about the magic of these crystals," the Nightbrother answered in the same low tone. To try and explain his meaning, he started to recall, "I was in a..."

He paused. He was not even sure of the word in Basic. He definitely knew of no such concept in Dathomirian. "What is it called? Light-sword?" the boy asked, still not entirely clear on the weapon of these Jedi Knights. It still seemed very odd to him. Picking back up on the tale that he had begun, he said, "A training class that Brother Vanagor was teaching. It was my first time encountering a spirit of a crystal."

The youth gazed around the cave. The flickering light of the fire caused a myriad of sparkles all around them. It was a breathtaking sight. Canyons that were as beautiful as a clear night sky. "Seeing where that magic comes from," the boy offered, his breath taken away by the beauty before him.

When he had found his voice again, he offered only, "I feel blessed to be able to observe for my Clan. It is not often males are afforded such opportunity."

The boy's head came up. Had that been Aveline's voice that he'd heard? Or another illusion?

He had a feeling he was supposed to be somewhere else. But, perhaps there was time enough to ask a question of his own. He knew why he was here. And he knew why Master Vanagor was here. But why were the padawans here? Or was the crystal truly its own reward?

"And you? What is it that you hope this crystal will bring you?"

Tom Kovack

T
Hello? Is there anyone out there? I’m stuck! Help!

After calling for help a few more times, Tom looked for gaps in the ice and rock that he might use as hand and footholds to climb out of the hole. There were none—the ice was as smooth as polished marble. Taking a deep breath, he reached out and tried to tap into the Force energies swirling around the caverns, hoping they would buoy him up enough to reach the edge, at least.

But his feet failed to rise from the cold hard ground. Sighing, Tom paced the full length of the pit, growing frustrated again. What good is the Force anyway, if it won’t even let me do basic things? he thought bitterly. His resentment only grew the more he paced, back and forth, like a caged animal. So many Jedi were better than him. More powerful. More skilled. More useful. Why did he even bother trying to be like them? He’d never make it.

With a final resentful glare at the glowing crystal high above his head, he thrust his arm up, stretching his muscles, reaching desperately… and saw out of the corner of his eye what should have been obvious all along: a frozen rope caked in ice.

He tried to grasp it, but it was too slippery to hang on to. He cursed under his breath, then fell silent as he thought he heard someone coming. Might as well try shouting again.

Help! I’m trapped!

The cave should have been dark, yet something illuminated it. It took her a moment to realize, but soon she saw that it was in fact the faint hum of the kyber crystals that kept her surroundings from fading into darkness. The snow and ice served as a clean canvas, and they were bathed in colour. The colour was brighter closer to the source, but faded the further away it got, yet before it could completely vanish it was touched by the edge of another. Green, blue, purple, orange, everything seemed to be on offer. It was… Beautiful.

Aveline would have been tempted to grab the one closest to her if not for a voice in the back of her mind telling her that she should not. For a moment she quieted her mind and listened. She could hear it calling, from a distance, but present. It had been there from the moment she had set foot in the abandoned temple. It was below her.

Aveline sat down cross-legged and closed her eyes. She opened herself to the Force, clearing her mind of any distracting thought of what might be going on above, how the other Padawans might be faring. She touched the crystal, or it touched her... She couldn’t be sure, all she knew now was that they were connected. She felt its warmth, and she hoped to extend her own in return.

Through the will of the Force, the crystal soon rose from its frozen cover, hovering before it before landing in her palm. Aveline smiled. Had she taken a moment to think beyond herself and this moment, however, she might not have. How in the blazes was she supposed to get out of here...

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

55491.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses, Hush-style comlink, aquata breather, liquid-cable launcher, stim pills, nutrient/food pack​

Sitting on the icy floor of the cathedral-like cavern bothered Desbre little. Her robes were thicker, environmentally adjusting, and her homeworld was just as cold. A little bit of Tapas went a long way to keeping her warm. This place was no threat to her currently. Instead, it felt like home. The good parts. It was amniotic in a way, like being back in the womb. Quiet, dim, safe. She felt encouraged, despite the isolation. There was solace and solitude here, rather than abandonment. In some ways, it soothed her very soul, like a cool cloth placed on a feverish forehead.

Through the Force, and her own ears she became aware of the crystals all around. Not just as focal points of light, life, and energy, but a soft chorus of thousands of voices or strings, all singing and vibrating. Shifting tones of music minimal and complex, creating a subtle weaving melody all throughout. It was one of the most beautiful things she'd ever witnessed, and for a time she merely sat, listening. But more than that she was struck by it all, and the impossible symphony each point helped create. By themselves, each crystal had its own harmonic, but not particularly remarkable in its own right. Each had a part to play and moments to sing and shine. It was an incredible tapestry that made up something much larger. And none of those pieces were inherently good, or bad. Each had a role to play. Everyone had their part.

Her mind rolled back to home. Her Grams and the night Des lost her. She never meant for that to happen, had no idea that it would. If she could change it, she would. "I know, child," an achingly familiar voice said in the frigid air. Des opened her eyes to see a figure she never thought she'd see again. Her grandmother, Karlise. Her White hair was worked into a classic and elegant style, twisted and braided in a way Des had never seen, like something out of an older holo. She was younger too, closer to her prime, with bright eyes. Gone were most of the wrinkles of age, save for the small crow's feet at the corner of her eyes, and strong laugh lines.

But more importantly, she wore a Jedi uniform, not unlike Desbre's, complete with the lightsaber that Des left with Caltin. The air around her was ionized and she seemed partially translucent. And missing from Desbre's vision was the thermal component most species gave off.

Des flew to her feet, eyes wide. Before she could ask, the apparition smiled broadly. "No, you're not hallucinating," she said and stepped forward, arms outstretched, offering an embrace.

While the image before her showed zero signs of actual life, Des could feel her grandmother's presence, even emotional overtones. Hesitantly she reached out only to find the image seemed quite solid. "Grams," she asked, her voice breaking, even as tears started to well up. Karlize nodded, affirming aloud it was her. Des latched onto her hard and began to sob uncontrollably. Des felt overjoyed to see her again, even if it was just a hallucination. But also buried under waves of guilt, remorse, and shame. She babbled over and over how sorry she was.

The spirit held onto her, rubbing her back and running fingers through her hair. "I know. I know," she said soothingly. "I've known all this time. You were just so far away. But I come to you now to do what I can." Karlize gently pushed her granddaughter away. Reaching out she wiped away the girl's tears, making her skin tingle some, and flicked the salty water away. It froze before it hit the ground. "Let's have a look at you," she said, stepping back just a little more.

Hands reached up to touch Desbre's face, cupping her cheeks, then peering into her eyes, turning her head side to side, then braced her arms, and then inspected her hands. "Mmmhmm. Well... Look at you." Des raised an eyebrow and looked down at herself, wondering if she'd spilled something on herself or what. She looked back up to find Karlize smiling at her. "You've done it alright. You've put in the time, blood, sweat, and tears. And I can see it's been a terribly rough road." She poked Des just over her heart. "Especially in there. But you have come such a long way, babygirl. I'm proud of you. I tried to offer what comfort I can over the years. I've ached to help you and did what I could. I had to wait though."

Des listened, nodding some as she wiped her face with one hand. "I never got to say goodbye. Or tell you how much I loved you. Or... anything."

"Such is the nature of things. We don't always get to choose the end. And the end is not always what it seems. And is there ever really an end," Karlize said quietly. "I'm so proud of you, Des. I always knew you were going to be somebody. You always danced to a different beat. You didn't just keep your head down and fall in line. You always stood up for people. I knew you were strong in the Force, but I still worried about you. I remember the days before the Purges. I had hoped that life wouldn't come to you. Your grandfather and I fought over it. But after I crossed over, it seemed like a clear path."

Karlize reached out to stroke Desbre's hair for a moment. "It was never meant to break you, only to help you grow and shape you. Don't forget your roots. Don't forget to do the things that bring you joy. Do not shy away from Ashla's light. What happened to me was not your fault. I should have trusted more both in the Force and you. I should have trained your mother, and you." Karlize bit her lower lip for a moment, a gesture that was all too familiar. It was seen in the mirror so often. "Nothing I can do about that now. But the Force has it's ways, as do I." She smiled then, glancing off toward where Caltin resided. "It's time for you to really start healing. But you can't do that without accepting who you are, mistakes and all. And give yourself some love. Let yourself off the hook. Your experiences with the Jedi weren't ideal. But you were always out for self-discovery, not being told what to do all the time. And you had the discipline, strength, and determination to take everything you were shown, everything you were given and put your utmost into it. Most would give up or stagnate; instead, you push ahead and persevere. You have never given up on anything. You have given your all and your best. I couldn't be more proud of you, and proud to call you Jedi."

Des listened, nodding as her grandmother spoke. It felt so surreal, as though they were almost transported to another place and time. or stood just outside of the space-time continuum. But as she did the stormy clouds over her heart, her spirit began to burn away as rays of light peeked through. Her grandmother's pride and forgiveness meant so much. The relief was palpable, and she felt almost high. Probably from the chemical concoctions flooding through her brain, but she rode them out for now.

"Do as Master Vanagor says and trust yourself, Des. He's here for you. He really does care about you and wants to help. Learn as much as you can from him. Even after you pass your Trials. Someday soon, you too will be teaching. Take all that you have learned and teach well, and let Ashla's light shine through you. Never stop learning, though. Never stop investigating, experimenting, and growing. And if you need help... well... you still need to look into the family and our history."

It was then that Des realized that Karlize was fading slowly. "Wait, wait, wait! Don't go," she said, beginning to tear up, afraid she would never see her grandmother again. "I.. when will I see you again?"

"Oh kiddo, I'm always around. You just have to listen. But like this? Who can say? But you will see me again." As she finished, one hand cupped Desbre's left cheek as she faded away. Her cheek felt warm to the touch, as though her Grams had left a living handprint there.

A pair of fresh tears freed themselves, but Des simply wiped them away, determined.

Her eyes snapped open with a gasp as she straightened up. She was sitting on the cavern floor. Her face was wet with tears, and they were freezing. Cleaning her face off, she stood. Was it a dream? The left side of her face still radiated that warmth from that last touch. She could smell a hint of her grandmother's perfume in the air. No, no dream. A vision? Something else. Snuffing a mild bit of snot back up into her head she wiped her nose.

The symphony was quiet now, soft and subtle save for one clear, ringing a resonant note. She found herself almost smiling as she stood before it, resting atop a stalagmite of ice. Drawing close, she saw a crystal growing out from the point. "Hello, little one," she said aloud. Gently she plucked the shard from its resting place. The crystal seemed to resonate louder for a moment before quieting down.

A cry for help came to her pointy ears then, snapping her out of her reverie. It was hollow and came from the direction of a pit nearby. Scrambling across the ice, she peered down, to see the warm glow of Tom Kovack at the bottom. Scooting to the edge, she laid down to minimize her chance of slipping or dealing with more crumbling. "Are you okay," she said projecting her voice down the tunnel. He was on his feet and didn't seem to be too worse for the wear.

As she peered down at him she could see his gear was ripped up. That wasn't good, not for a human. She probably could have pulled him out. But she noticed the rope next to her, descending into the pit. Probably from a past expedition. She followed it's course back to the stalagmite. It had a solid base and was buried in the ice now. It seemed pretty darn secure. "Okay, we're gonna get you out. Or rather you're going to get yourself out," Des said.

"This place is like a focal point in the Force. You don't have any physical tools to break through the ice," she said. None of them did. "But you have the rope." Pulling him out was easy, quick. But she didn't feel that was the lesson, not for her, not for him. If they were truly pressed for time, she could. But for now, there was still enough time. "You can get to it though."

"Do you trust me, Tom," she asked, despite being so far away. She pondered joining him down below, and maybe she should.

zJxNdnE.png

Tom Kovack

T
Tom let out a sigh of relief when Desbre appeared at the edge of the hole. He was a lonely, forlorn figure at the bottom of the pit, hunched over in his tattered clothing, hugging his arms around himself for warmth.

I’ve got some scrapes and bruises... but nothing serious,” he replied through chattering teeth. “I’d rather not freeze... to death down here, though. I already saw the rope, but it’s too s-slippery. I can’t get a good grip on it.

Then she asked him if he trusted her. Well, considering that he barely knew her, he was inclined to say no. But the circumstances were dire. He needed her help.

... Sure. Sure, I trust you. What are you going to do?

55491.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses, Hush-style comlink, aquata breather, liquid-cable launcher, stim pills, nutrient/food pack​

"It's what you are going to do," Des said, letting her voice float down to him. "Close your eyes and focus on me and the sound of my voice." For what she intended he would need focus. He was stuck at the bottom of a well, essentially, in sub-freezing temperatures, with damaged gear, and he had no way out that he'd been able to discern so far. Freezing to death in this place was the most immediate concern. He was banged up, hurting some.

She sensed Tom did not share as strong a connection with the Force. Strong enough to enter training, but maybe... not strong enough to fully become a full Jedi someday. That thought sent a small pang through her. She couldn't imagine where she'd be without becoming a Jedi. Probably dead, either by a drug overdose or suicide, she supposed, with all that she'd experienced even with help. Des hoped someday Tom might reach that level. If she could help him along that path, should she not? She could feel the anxiety and loneliness radiating off of him. But he couldn't focus on that, nor could she.

Desbre opened herself up to the Force at large around them, letting it fill her up. Mentally she reached out finding him, finding his mind. She brushed against his consciousness As she spoke, she matched the concept in her mind, images, and impressions to her words, as well as empathy and emotional states. it formed a stronger connection between them. He would be able, ideally, to feel what she had to say, to understand in a way that most only experienced with a strong personal connection. ~"I know you don't feel like it, but you're safer than you know, and you'll be warm soon, Tom,"~ she told him, her voice coming steady and calm. ~"You are not trapped. The Force is with you. The Force is with us."~ It was hard to feel anything but skeptical, she knew, stuck down there in the pit. He probably felt betrayed, and lead into a trap, but in truth, he was right where he was supposed to be.

As she spoke, guiding him she envisioned a strand of light like a laser tightbeam between them, made from the energy of the Force. Through that she began funneling the Force through to him, lending him her strength, working to strengthen his connection, though only for the moment. Her consciousness touched upon his more. Not seeking to invade, but only to increase the fidelity of their connection.

~"Stretch out your hand to the rope. Stretch out with your feelings. See it in your mind. Visualize the end of the rope. Feel the ice around it. It's not that thick or solid. It's been holding the rope for you, protecting it from the environment. Keeping it safe for you. As you reach out, the ice begins to crack and break, falling away from the rope."~ Her voice took on an almost hypnotic quality, softly flowing from syllable to syllable, working to make it a guided meditation. She sought to melt away doubt and fear while giving them tools to free himself. If it didn't work, she could always pull him out, or go down and get him. but she hoped that this might help him along his own path. It would seem impossible to some people, especially if they didn't have a lot of ability. But doing the impossible one's self, or what seemed to be impossible, often lead to them doing more seemingly impossible things. Many studies had shown this across the galaxy, and the same was very true for Force-Sensitive individuals. Mentally and physically she crossed her slender, almost delicate fingers for Tom. More over, she spoke, guiding him in a way that shaped his focus, shaped his reality. There wasn't room for fear or doubt. It was a different perspective, a different truth. The rope waited on him, protected, not restrained. It wasn't about how much ice their was. It wasn't about how hard that ice was. The rope was simply his. The ice cracked and fell away when he told it to.

The idea came from one of her later trainings on moving objects with the Force. Yoda had once helped a student who struggled with moving an object. It was a potted plant in the Temple on Coruscant. The student had tried for a long time to move it to no avail. The plant itself weighed several tons, due to the very dense soil and plant material, though it was not that big. Yoda knew this of course, but the student did not. The small green Master had guided the student in much the same way, though without lending him more strength. The student moved the plant from one area to another, and found it easy with Yoda's guidance. And then when Yoda explained that it actually weighed several tons despite it's small size the youngling was shocked. But he never doubted his abilities since. The difficulty was in his mind.

Des had no illusion that she was some great master. But she was certain this was in Tom's capabilities. He just didn't believe it yet. True, there were a few bloodlines out there that experienced a weakness in the field, such as the Halcyon line. But almost any other that was strong enough for training did not have that shortcoming. Even then they could do things with a boost.

Even so as she worked with him, in some ways she was reminded of her early training with her first master, Brandyn. He'd been knighted very recently at the time. But he had a way of teaching, that felt almost hypnotic, like an altered state. But at teh saem time they were fully in control. It was almost intuitive as much as it was instructive.
zJxNdnE.png

Tom Kovack

T
Tom did as Desbre commanded, closing his eyes and trying to focus through the cold. He jumped a little when he “heard” her voice inside his head. With the telepathic messages, she poured feelings of calm and steadiness into him through the Force.

It was hard to feel betrayed by a metaphysical energy field, especially one that so often felt more like a tool than an actual entity. Tom wasn’t sure if the Force had a divine will or a cosmic plan. He knew there were some who insisted any “will” it manifested was simply the sum of all the whims and desires of those who were sensitive to it. He wanted a crystal from this cave, and so the Force had found a crystal for him. Not because it was his destiny, or because he and the crystal were fated to meet and he would be tested by the pit and the icy cold.

Part of him wanted, very badly, to believe that it wasn’t just him. To make the Force into a kind of god, or at the very least a spiritual guide he could rely upon. He craved the reassurance that his life and his future was in the hands of a higher power. Not only his life, but the lives of his sister, his friends, his loved ones. His enemies, too. He needed to trust the Force rather than Desbre, because he knew he couldn’t put absolute trust and confidence into any mortal. He couldn’t even trust in himself.

At the same time, he wanted that fething crystal, and he could not accept that the Force might not let him have it. He wanted to be a Jedi, whether he had the talent for it or not. The wanting came in waves. He knew he couldn’t always get what he wanted, but it didn’t stop him from desiring. Didn’t stop him from scorning the Force’s alleged will, and living in fear of the day it would take from him something he needed, as per its supposed plan. Something or someone he couldn’t live without, seized like a spoil of war, stolen and unrecoverable.

The fear of loss was what usually caused people to fall, wasn’t it? They could be as selfish as dreading the loss of personal power and control, or as selfless as the anxiety concerning the death of their beloved, the destruction of their world, or their own inevitable demise.

Tom felt salty tears freezing on his cheeks. He was like Jacob wrestling with the angel in the dark. But at least the Force was still with him, always.

Desbre loaned him her strength, and he embraced it with a bittersweet acceptance. The ice which encased the rope began to melt, water trickling down its length. Cracks formed in the frost, and chunks fell away, shattering on the ground at his feet.

He reached for the freed rope. His joints were aching from the cold, but he ignored the pain and protests of his body as he climbed. He reached the top, taking Desbre’s hand if she should offer it, and pulled himself over the edge.

My crystal,” he whispered, breathless and shivering. “Is somewhere over there…

He turned and pointed even as his feet carried him over to the pale glow within the cavern. His fist closed around the light and he yanked the crystal free of its nest. Clutching his closed hand to his chest as he stumbled back to Desbre, he felt as though he were holding a moonbeam. He opened his fingers a crack just to make sure it was really there.

The gem which sat at the center of his palm was viridian. It would produce a silvery-green blade, a rare color among lightsabers, but there was otherwise nothing special about it. At least, nothing save that it belonged to him.

55491.gif

Tag: Tom Kovack
In such close mental and spiritual contact with she could feel his turmoil, conflict. His worries about not being good enough, about being denied his goal, his dream. That, she understood well. But it wouldn't be today, and Force willing, perhaps ever. The whole way up she offered encouragement and support. The climb didn't need much help. She mostly kept watch to make sure he didn't get hurt in a fall. Sure, she could hae lifted him out of there, but there was something to be said about doing things for yourself. Self-reliance was crucial, and if he truly needed help, she would rapidly give it.

Des clasped Tom's hand and hauled him to his feet without a great deal of effort. Her grip was surprisingly, or perhaps unsurprisingly strong. Once he was safe, she clapped him on the shoulder with her other hand. "Well done. Let's get out of here," she said with a small smile. When he pointed out the crystal he was after, she nodded and waited for him to collect it.

"Congratulations," Des said brightly, "hopefully the climb warmed you up." She glanced at the chrono on her wrist. "The clock is ticking. We have to get back to Master Vanagor. Think you can double-time it," she asked Kovacs, concerned for how battered and cold he looked.
zJxNdnE.png

Last edited:

Tom Kovack

T
Yeah… yeah, let’s go,” Tom replied. At that moment, nothing sounded more appealing than getting back to the warmth, safety, and relative comfort of the ship.

He followed Desbre out of the cavern, just barely managing to keep up with her as the Arkanian Offshoot ran back to the waterfall. In his fist he clutched his crystal as though it was the only thing of value he had left. Unlike Desbre, he had no inkling that Master Vanagor was in any danger—at least, not until they neared the entrance.

"Is... is something wrong?" he asked uncertainly. "Is Master Vanagor all right?"

Asher Sonata

A

d6mt9x4-9122d231-60a4-4992-beae-22ce49f4e443.png

Asher looked to the Dathomiri boy, Jorah... He thought about the name for a moment in an attempt to recall if he had heard it in passing in passing within the fleeting moments he had been within the silver Jedi order. Though he could not entirely recall how long he had walked their halls and sported their banner, yet it couldn't have been long. the Silver Jedi order had treated Asher well so far, kindness and openness having driven his connections with the few people he had met, until this trip he had yet to meet anyone he hadn't liked relatively quickly. He had tested a few of the people he had come across though they had tended to be the kind to rise to the challenge for the most part. So he would not, committing the name to memory as he would look around in an attempt to find his next crystal.
As Asher would continue to listen to Jorah, he would be surprised at the small pull of the force which surrounded the idol which the boy cradled in his hands. Moving his head to a side to see it a little better he would step a little closer. His family had been away from Dathomir or the culture of the Witches of Dathomir for a long time, existing in the outer rim as Zeison Sha for generations according to their family history. But he had heard tales of the historical magic that their ancestors had once wielded, powerful totems imbued with power in the force by the Sisterhood which ruled over the darker worlds. The stories as a child had been to serve as a warning to Asher, and generally frightened him in his younger years. But he always got the feeling that his parents had never intended them to be. The fear was something he had attributed to them without ever thinking about it.
"You know, my parents told me about the magic of the Night-Sisters, how they could be use to turn into animals and other such amazing things. I'd always thought of them as terrifying, nightmarish. But a totem of heat, light and warmth doesn't seem so bad." He would say with a chuckle. "That's a pretty big journey for a Dathomiri, the sisters approved of this?" Asher would ask in all earnestness, a little confused at the meaning behind his pilgrimage. Were the silver Jedi aligned with the witches of Dathomir? A culture of slavery and death within the dark confines of worlds that breathed in darkness and torment. It was a little shocking to hear considering their history, but perhaps the stories weren't all they were made up to be. Nuance was a fact of life and it tended to only be the victors who were able to write history, perhaps something had been perverted through the passage of time.
Though after he would answer, Asher would finally move to answering the boy's own question, he could recall the early Jedi from the holocrons and Documents he had read on the order, the history of the Jedi in the new republic to the age of Skywalker and other legendary figures of the Universe. All of them had come to Illum, since the dawn of the order, Illum had been a sacred place which had withstood the test of time. "The crystals... to my understanding are a right of passage. It's the trial that's more important, succeeding it a long time ago meant that you were ready to become a Jedi Padawan. It was the final test to truly become a member of the Jedi order Proper. So, the gems may be the goal, but attaining once represents the final step of the Journey to become a Jedi, and your first step as one." He would end, attempting to appear far wiser than perhaps he was, his chest puffed a little in pride as he spoke with an amount of Faux authority on the subject. He wasn't to know that he had assumed a couple of things, not wanting to let on that he wasn't entirely sure on ALL of the details, but, he had some passing knowledge of the subject and the rest he assumed would be common sense from there.
It wouldn't be long until he came into sensing the next of the crystals, turning around a corner to see it about four meters up in the cavern, looking back to Jorah Asher would approach the glimmering spark of crystal which shone as the north star at the head of the cavern. It was too high up... Asher thought about climbing, but, ice could be sharp, and he wasn't certain he had good hand-holds here. But... if the two of them worked together, perhaps he would be able to receive it?
"Hmmm, it's too high up. Like four to four and a half meters. Well, this is it right? I took the last one on my own and the cave chastised me for it. Yet here we are, two Dathomirians from across the galaxy, two cultures long seperated uniting after generations and working together. Obviously I need your help! Boost me?" He said gesticulating grasping the fingers of his hands together into conjoined fists. Led astray once again by his own pride in understanding, youthful arrogance as well as his drive to prove Caltin wrong by carving out his own way down here. Asher would move away from the wall in order to get a good enough run up, smiling broadly at the idea of conquering this trail... If Jorah would move into position and accept it, Asher would run, plant his foot, leap upwards in a joined jump. Touching off the wall and swiping for the Gem... should the cave deem him to succeed in this attempt, he would fall to the ground... hard. Slipping on impact and slamming hard into the surface of the ice as his ankle sprained dangerously sideways as he only barely managed to take some of the edge off it as he rolled out with the last of the momentum, letting out little cry of pain. Only to reveal the crystal as made of ice... and not Kyber at all.

If he missed, he would likely find a grapple on the wall, cutting his hand on sharp ice as he would let out a light grunt. Only to realize the crystal would lose its shine this close. A Faux Kyber revealed as he misunderstood the task at hand, harming himself in the process.

Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Jorah zos Darnus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom