Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I Want More

370d9lz.png

In all her time, she'd never actually approached her master on her own. Only when summoned did she dare go to Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf 's compound on Dromund Kaas. And yet, for once, she took her own initiative. Her plans, desires, they were all coming to a head. And if there was one she should speak to first, it would be the Sith who trained her and gave her access to the power she now wielded. Dressed in her more common clothing of a tanktop and pants she stepped into the compound, heading right for one of the droids once she found one.

"Tell my master I wish to speak with her. As soon as possible." She flashed a smile. She wasn't used to the idea of droids having more than just their programing, but she'd met enough that did seem to have a soul to know to better treat them. "We have something very important to discuss."

"Mommy, someone strange is coming."

Taeli tilted her head in curiosity at her daughter's pronouncement. They had been running through a standard sensing exercise for the nine year old, and as she considered the words, she reached out with her own senses. Ah, she could feel Alina approaching. That would explain why Nerralyn thought someone strange was coming. She wouldn't know the nuances in presences yet, nor understand exactly why Alina felt the way she did. But still...

"Very good dear," she said, smiling down at the dark haired girl sitting on the meditation seat. Purple eyes gleamed in happiness back at her. "That's Mommy's apprentice Alina. She has a very unique gift when it comes to the Force, so she would definitely feel weird to most people." She was curious now at why Alina was coming. She hadn't summoned her apprentice, but she could feel a sense of... resolve mixed with a little apprehension. Interesting. Well, it would be one more thing for Nerralyn's education at least. "Why don't we see what she wants, hmm?"

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru would be permitted to enter the inner sanctum of the the Lady of Secrets' temporary compound on Dromund Kaas and would find mother and daughter waiting for her.

370d9lz.png

Alina paused once she entered the inner sanctum. Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf she of course expected. But the young girl she didn't. It wasn't hard to tell they were at least family. A daughter. For some reason, the idea her master had a child wasn't something that crossed her mind. Thinking about it, there was very little the young woman knew about Taeli.

".. I didn't expect to see another with you. Hello." She flashed a brief smile to the child before focusing on her master.

"I was hoping to have a conversation with you."

"Hello!" Nerralyn greeted the older girl brightly. Purple eyes like Alina's master's twinkled and dark hair flowed down her back along the blue dress the girl had chosen for herself that day. "Mommy was showing me how to sense people! You feel weird, you know?"

Taeli gave Alina an apologetic look for her daughter's bluntness, but some amusement was tinged in there too. She needed to make a note to herself to start Nerralyn on what was tactful to say to someone and when to keep her observations to herself.

"Nerralyn, I think Alina and I have some grown-up things to talk about," Taeli said. "Why don't you go practice throwing things with Rose?" The girl nodded quickly and took off to find the Sith Adept that served Taeli as a bodyguard for the girl. A silence stretched for a moment between master and apprentice, Taeli gesturing for Alina to take the vacated meditation seat.

"What did you want to discuss, Alina?"

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

A much softer smile formed as Nerralyn spoke. Yeah, that made sense. Alina's connection was vastly different than anyone else. Stood to reason she'd feel weird in the force. Her gaze lingered for a moment before finally turning back to Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf . At the motion she took a seat, cross legged. "What do you think of the state of the Empire?"

"It's grown stagnant, and several positions of leadership have either been empty since they were formed or have been derelict in their duties," she said, being perfectly blunt with her apprentice. "Survival has been the main compulsion for the last several years, fighting against the New Imperial Order and the Galactic Alliance. I'd advocated a more... proactive stance early on in the insurgency that could have nipped it in the bud, but alas, another route was chosen."

At the beginning of the New Imperial campaign down the Braxant Run, she had suggested the counterattack needed to fall on Borosk and Garqi, but Troika had been determined as the other target. It had allowed the New Imperial supply lines to stay open, even with the success of the attack. She had then, once again, proposed an attack at the spine of the Braxant Run, but the reclamation of Bastion had been too strong of a lure for some. She had not joined the attack, and its subsequent failure and the continued campaign that had seen the fall of Serenno had been plenty of evidence for the Dark Councilor that the current direction of the war was failing. She was still rather pleased that the world she oversaw personally, Ziost, had repelled both enemy powers twice now. It was a point of pride for the Lady of Secrets in a way.

"But you don't need me to say that the Sith Empire has seen better days, you've seen that for yourself on the front lines, Alina," she continued. "Knights and Acolytes fighting on the front while Lords and Ladies that should be in the field never being seen."

370d9lz.png

That wasn't what Alina was hoping to hear from Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf . It confirmed too many of her own beliefs. The young Sith stayed silent for a moment, thinking through what she wanted to say next. She'd seen the front lines herself. Fought and bled. Ended up maimed. Taeli was right about that much. She'd seen it all for herself.

"Carnifex has assured me that the Empress is still in her throne. But, I don't know if I believe it. Joycelyn has never been the type to let others fight in her stead. At least, that's what I remember about her. If she is still there, what is keeping her away? And I'm not even sure if she is actually there. The Zambrano rule the Empire, as both the Dark Lord and the Empress, but.. Aren't they just puppets for Carnifex?"

She knew she was rambling, but it didn't matter. There was no reason that struck her mind to not be truthful on her doubts.

"The Empire needs change to survive. I hate watching children fight and die in place of those who consider themselves strong and rule it."

"No you're right of course, Joycelyn has always followed the warrior and marauder traditions of her House and Braxus has always been close enough to Kaine that his plans are his plans," Taeli said, nodding. She knew what was occurring behind the scenes; she knew the Zambranos only viewed the Sith Empire as a means to an end, to further their power, and now Kaine had the answers he needed to achieve the ultimate power. The work was continuing, but many could not see it.

"There is a plan afoot, my apprentice," she continued, "one that the Zambranos don't need the Empire for. They believe the current war is purging the weak, allowing the strong to survive. But make no mistake, Alina, the family won't relinquish the throne willingly. They have spent decades building their power and influence, not just in the Sith, but across the galaxy. The same can be said for many other Sith, myself included. To change the Empire, for it to survive, would require a direct challenge from a Sith strong enough to overcome that power base and to make sure others would accept their rule or it all falls to infighting."

370d9lz.png

"So they let children die in their stead all for 'purging weakness'?" It had been the crux of her issue since she first joined the battlefield under the Empire. Watching the learners die before they had a chance to truly learn. To justify it like this was something she could never accept. Especially after what Carnifex himself said. Her gaze lowered as once again she felt the helplessness she'd had to face all her life. Even with power, she was a slave to a Throne of someone willing to sacrifice her.

It was no different from what she faced within the Eternal. Except the Eternal were up front about it.

"How can I get strong enough to challenge this?"

"Forge your name and power base, gather allies," she answered, then softly chuckled. "That's putting it simplistically I know, but those are really the best ways to begin accruing the influence and power you need to change the system. You have an admirable start, but one legion, a handful of house guards, one estate, and a couple of apprentices would not get you that far."

A datapad floated over to her hand, Taeli activating the holographic projector installed on it. Just a sample list would start scrolling for Alina to observe of the assets that were at least recorded by the Lady of Secrets of the Zambrano clan.

"One of the most dangerous things about challenging the Zambranos, I've found, is that to challenge one is to challenge the other," she continued saying. "If someone wants to fight Kaine, it is inevitable that Braxus will intervene and vice versa. Both are exceptionally powerful Sith and experiences warriors and they have a surprisingly close bond, considering the family history and their Sith natures. They have many forces, such as the Blackblades and other elite mercenaries. They have hidden reserves of clones, both non Force Sensitive and Force Sensitive, enough to form whole armies of each. They have fortresses and hidden redoubts in the galaxy to regroup at if they are attacked, with the most powerful of those being Kaine's worldcraft Malsheem. They have a vast intelligence service that rivals my own, including a specially trained group of Sith Oracles that Kaine uses to spy on beings and groups from afar that aren't properly protected by a Sith spell to obscure their sight."

She would change the list, this time detailing her own power base.

"Another example is my own power base, one that you would still be considered part of in some respects as one of my apprentices. I have powerful business interests with Aurora Industries and Spaarti Creations, giving me the ability to both create armies and fleets and equip them with the technology they need without relying on others. I have hundreds, if not thousands, of Sith Adepts that serve me and secret facilities and laboratories scattered across the galaxy engaged in scientific and alchemical experiments. I can create vast hordes of Sithspawn, both sentient and non-sentient, to use against my enemies."

She cycled the list to show both side by side and then what Alina had shown she had.

"I could take them on, but it would be a devastating fight. I could probably defeat either Kaine or Braxus, but both at the same time would be a little too much currently. So I grow stronger, I keep experimenting, I keep inventing, and I keep gauging where my power and theirs stacks up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom