Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need some help with my character.

Tide Bringer (Protector of Mon Cala)
So I have been on Chaos for a little over a month now and I am really enjoying myself, I love seeing all the creativity and I love the character I have created. Though recently I have begun to worry a little bit about something. My character is from a race of people who learned to utilize the Force to manipulate water for hydrokinetic combat, so naturally I incorporated this ability into my character and I feel it is an essential part of who he is. Its a huge part of his people's legacy and an essential part of their culture and to my character is is a sort of link to his people and past. I wanted my character to be sort of a water-bending Jedi if you will and Chaos has allowed me to bring this dream character of mine to life. But recently I have started to worry that his style of fighting simply won't cut it on Chaos. I have a feeling people won't be able to take it seriously and I am worried that I will not, be able to do this idea. What do you guys think? Is it a completely ridiculous idea? Or am I overreacting? My only explanation as to how I could incorporate hydrokinetic combat in a efficient manner is to some how make it so my character is able to imbue the water he uses with the Force. What I mean by this is say my character forms a whip of water to attack an enemy from afar, many people might say "Oh it's only water" ; but say the water was altered using the "Force Weapon" ability to make it more efficient in combat. The way my character fights is what inspired me to make this character on here. I am just a little concerned as all and I look to the rest of you for guidance. Thank you in advance.

I don't see why this couldn't work. My first immediate thought is how it really hurts to get hit by the water out of a firehouse which is why it's used for crowd control. If someone had the power of the Force, they could undoubtedly learn to shape water as an offensive tactic.

My advice to people who are looking to do something unique with the Force is always this: do. your. work. If you came at me tomorrow and shot some water at me yeah, I might not pay it much mind. But start incorporating it in to your threads, do training, do endless work cultivating this skill with your character and it will generally be accepted. Justify the concept, put work in to it to make it something legitimate. Of course there are many things that I would say are too outside the realm of what I might see in Star Wars, but water seems pretty straight-forward.

I would recommend having another thing he's good at though. Water won't be found on every planet and it can leave him high and dry (ha ha) in battles on a place like Tatooine for instance. However...that can be a good character weakness too! :)

[member="Tyluko Dubykee"]

It's honestly something that most members will never have seen before. That's somewhat to your advantage: Hydromancy is a broad area, and can cover everything from basic water manipulation to freezing, use of ice chunks, and so on. There's room to be very versatile with it, and I can see it being fascinating to write and certainly to fight against, if it comes to that!

You don't just have to fling water - it may be water, but water can be incredibly dangerous. Wrap somebody in a bubble of water, and they drown. Turn it into jagged spikes of ice, and they'll be impaled upon them. Be creative with it, yes?

I really appreciate the advice! I feel much better about all this and I am actually greatly inspired! On hot and dry planets, my character would not be able to rely on this as there is no source of water, the only water he will be able to use is the water kept in his flask. Perhaps once my character becomes an apprentice he can learn new hydromantic skills along the way such as using larger bodies of water or learning to control Ice. Thank you so very much to the both of you!

[member="Tirdarius"]

[member="Matsu Xiangu"]

[member="Kami Meran"]

Even if it's not canon, that's no reason not to attempt it. Like Tirdarius just said above, it's simply controlling the area around the water in a weird form of Telekinesis. It is taking a basic power and creating a rather unique use of it that most would not think of.

Love the Idea man, and as someone who always likes to see how someone can take old powers and put a new spin on them, you're looking towards a place which is likely far more possible than some of the other things the force can do... Well, its is simply interesting to see what you do with it. Good Luck.

To be completely honest, electrical based opposition to this would not really be that much of a worry.

To explain, as long as Tyluko did not touch the water and had enough that it would not simply be evaporated by the initial heat of a bolt, lightning would actually be a terrible idea to counter this kind of power.

(So rubber gloves aren't needed) :D

Jsc

Disney's Princess

You're a dolphin.

And now you're asking us if bending water is ridiculous?

Buddy. Homie. My other mammal from another mother.

You let that freak flag fly.

Ill keep that in mind haha [member="Edric Vanyan"].

[member="Jay Scott Clark"] , that may have been one of the weirdest but most motivational things I have ever heard hahaha! :D

And that's actually pretty awesome lol. [member="Kami Meran"]

It took me a few seconds to realize that this was your second character hahaha, at first I thought someone just randomly commented on the post syaing that they build ships haha. [member="Lyth Meran"]

And you build ships huh? Do you do requests?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tyluko Dubykee said:
...that may have been one of the weirdest but most motivational things I have ever heard
dVDJiez.gif

Thanks again to all of you for giving me advice and for encouraging me to go through with this idea! The Chaos community is awesome!! :D
[member="Matsu Xiangu"] [member="Tirdarius"] [member="Kami Meran"] [member="Edric Vanyan"] [member="Jay Scott Clark"] [member="Lyth Meran"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom