Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Less Than Three You

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Naboo004214.jpg

Three months.

It had been about three - no, exactly three, tomorrow- months since he had met Emily Vani on that fateful day.

Three months of having the most lovely girl in the universe on his ship. Of her own will.

He had wanted to take the three months a lot slower than she did. And so he had, for the most part resisting her advances. For good reason. He didn't want to leave her feeling shunned and rejected for the fact he was a plant and she wasn't. Though that was the only reason he felt the way he did.

He had wanted to advance carefully into this new ground, this... love. For that was what this really was. Not some flickering shadow of love. Not some quick flame that spurted to life and died out the next second. No, this felt far more like kindling a bonfire. The flame hadn't quite been lit, but the heat from the match was evidence enough as to what the future held in store for him.

Jak shook himself out of his reverie, and attempted to concentrate. Tuning the gunbelts was painstaking work. One crossed bullet, one wayward pinch of tibanna gas, one errant twitch - and KABLOOEY! There go your main weapons, as well as your engines and hyperdrive.

The point of tuning was to get the gunbelts to load faster, to get rid of their payload as fast as possible. And so Jak was attempting to distract himself, and failing horribly.

He would do it. He would pop the question. Tomorrow.

The errant thought made him jump a little inside.

Already?

But when he looked deep - waaaay deep - inside him, he found that... yes, he loved her.

And so he had bought a ring for her. Holding her hand for extended periods of time had given him a fairly good estimate of ring size, so there was that to be thankful for. But what he was hoping she'd love was how much care had gone into the ring.

He would do it.

Nodding to himself, he decided to do it the proper way.

And so it was that within a day, the Lucky Mitch had made landfall on Naboo, a nice suite had been bought, and the perfect atmosphere set. All that remained was to get Emily there without her suspecting a thing....
---
"Close your eyes, and keep them closed," he said, grinning, as he wrapped his hands around her eyes.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily spent most of that day doing things on her datapad and with Re. Cats required a lot of attention, so while Jak was doing who-knows-what in the back of the ship, Emily was having a peaceful day spent in the living room (and kitchen. Food is a good thing).

Thoughts of Jak impeded her thought continually. Brushing Re, she thought of Jak's hair; a characteristic feature that she always loved. Eating food, she thought of how sweet Jak was, getting up every morning to make food for her. The little things all linked back to him.

Emily hadn't looked out the windows much, and Jak hadn't told her where they were. So when...

---

"Okay! I'll keep my eyes closed," she says in an exasperated, giggly voice. "What are we doing? Where are we?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Shush," he teased. "You don't get to know anything."

He managed to get her up and out of the ship, into the main dock. "Okay, now, I'm going to trust you not to look when I take my hands off your eyes. Please, Em? It'll be so much the sweeter if you don't look."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Things were getting interesting. This certainly sounded like a fun adventure.

Groping for his hand, she finds it and grabs on to it, pulling it off her face.

"Okay," she says sweetly, "I won't look."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He held it on for a little longer - to make sure... then he released her.

"Follow the sound of my voice," he said...

---

eventually leading her to the villa.

"Okay, open them."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Opening her eyes many things entered them all at once. Her Jaw hit the ground.

Naboo. In her opinion, the prettiest planet in existence. Despite never having been here.

"Wha-" she tries. Just taking in the beauty of the surroundings.

"This house. Whose is it?" she asked excitedly.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"It's ours. Well, for the week, anyway," he said. "Better than a smelly old freighter, right?"

He allowed himself a half-grin at her reaction.

"Yeah, this is Naboo. How's it look?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
It looked like everything to Em. It was her wildest dreams. In reality.

Rushing the door with ecstatic speed, she yelled back, "Let's go inside!"

Her. And Jak. Alone in this house. On a planet of beauty.

Words couldn't describe her euphoria for this sort of honeymoon type thing. Whatever it was. It was happiness.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"I already did that," he said to the receding derriere of @[member="Emily Vani"].

Eh.

He followed her around, grinning at her excitement. He would save the serious stuff for later.

Emily Vani

E
The house was splendid, Re thought so too, finding a spare bedroom and curling up on the bed.

"This is our bedroom!" She said the question more as a statement. It was lovely with a huge bed.

Wait.

"Well. Uh...your bedroom," she amends.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"No, no," he recompensed, "it's your bedroom. The couch folds into its own bed. Nifty, eh?"

"Oh, and Re?" he questioned the cat. "If she objects," indicating Emily, "hold her to the bed and keep her there till I get the door locked. 'Kay?"

The cat, stretched over the bed, sleepily looked at Jak, yawned, and went back to sleep.

He shrugged. "Your bedroom," he repeated.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Our bedroom. That's what she wanted.

Moving throughout the house she made a decision.

"Yeah. I like it." She smiles at Jak and embraces him, resting her head into his chest.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He grinned as she hugged him, and he returned the embrace. "Hi."

Letting go, he held her, gently but firmly, at arms' length, inwardly grinning at teasing her. "So... I'm gonna go cook supper."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Kay," she says halfheartedly, still disappointed about sleeping arrangements.

Exploring the massive house they were on, Emily keeps discovering new rooms.

By the time she finds her way back to the kitchen, dinner is almost ready.

"Smells good hon'." She says with a smile.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Yeah, just boiling up actual food this time. Nerf stew," he said, opening the pot lid to let her get a whiff.

"Should take no more than a few minutes, now," he said, stirring it one last time. "Couldja set the table?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
A few minutes of exploring the cupboards ensued until Emily found all the required items.

By the time everything is found, the stew is ready.

"Oooooh, it looks delicious!"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Thanks!"

He set the pot down with a muffled clink, and doled out the food.

---

After dinner -

"I, uh, I have a few things to do. Uhm... yeah... I, uh, guess you could go exploring...?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Good idea. I don't want to get lost in this place." With a final smile, she heads down a random hall.

Room after room. All neat and fancy beyond her wildest dreams.

But then she found it. The balcony.

It was gorgeous, overlooking the water.

"I need to go find Jak."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom