Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I Held On As Tightly As You Held Onto Me

There was a moment of silence which lay between them, heavy with the possibility that all was not lost. One moment... And then it was shattered.
"Oh..."
Eliphas did not turn toward Starlin, and instead he focused his attention upon Lissa's face. If she was still here, they must have been too, so when Starlin spoke of possibly checking to see if the DNA matched up the Tetan simply shook his head. When next he spoke his voice was flat, hollow... emotionless. Even the tears which had been falling seemed to halt.
"They wouldn't have left without her." He didn't even seem to be blinking, he just stared at his sister's face. "It's... It's them."
Taking in a slow breath, Eliphas tried to steel himself before he finally turned to look at the box. He glanced over Starlin as though the man wasn't even there, a thousand parsec stare locked within his eyes.
"There's a mausoleum" he stated simply, "Where our ancestors are revered. I... I would like to wait to lay them to rest." One hand reached out, and settled over the closest of Lissa's. "She deserves to say goodbye."

"They wouldn't have left without her."

"They could've been taken captive..." Starlin began, though he didn't push the matter further. Eli sounded sure, and the Force seemed to agree. Why rub it in further?

Instead, he nodded. "Of course." They would wait for Lissa to wake up. Starlin looked at her frail form in the bed, before his gaze slid back to Eli. This is it, he thought. I'm all he has left right now. And if his sister doesn't recover...

"I'm sorry, Eli," he said. Walking tentatively over to his Padawan's side, Starlin bent down and embraced him. He was getting better at the whole hugging thing, becoming less reluctant to show physical affection. But of course, if Eli didn't want a patented Starlin Rand Hug™, he didn't have to take it. No hard feelings.

Eliphas crumpled into Starlin's embrace like a puppet whose strings had been cut. He didn't quiver or shake, wasn't sobbing, in fact no tears at all came, but there was a desperation locked within him all the same as he loosed his hand from Lissa's and instead wrapped his arms around his Master. His fingers curled into the back of Starlin's shirt, face buried against his chest. He didn't know if he would ever let go.
Didn't know if he even could.
What was he supposed to do now? How did he move forward from this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom