Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I Don't Like Salt. It's So.... Salty.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Lightsaber
(OOC: Takes place three years in the past)​
<Welcome to the middle of nowhere! Can we go now?>​
Normally Jax would've chastised BB-12 but he had to admit the Droid was right. Crait was one of the many backwater planets that was located in the further reaches of the Outer Rim. A mineral planet comprised of mostly salt and red sand. Early in the Galactic Civil War, the Rebels established a base on Crait mostly to conduct experimentations that were lost to time and to observe Imperial Fleets who were patrolling Hutt Cartel space. Now and days, only smugglers reside here due to how far away it is from authority "looks like the smugglers will be in for a big surprise when they see a Jedi." Jax said to BB-12 when he landed on the red sand with his Clone Wars era Jedi Fighter Interceptor.​
Part of him wondered if the Jedi sent this far into the Outer Rim on purpose, Jax wasn't the easiest Jedi to deal with due to his adherence to the Living Force and his rebellious attitude towards authority. Often taking the law into his own hands to complete missions, Jax was to capture a criminal wanted theft who escaped Galactic Alliance jurisdiction and reportedly fled to Crait. Sounded like something the SIA should do but the NJO council placed the mission it was almost saying to him: "Get the frack out of our hair and go far away where we don't have to give a shit about you." Whatever, It wasn't like Jax going to reject the mission out right.​
<This place looks so boring.> BB-12 beeped through the translator. <I mean the red sand is cool and all but damn even hub ahead looks dreary.>​
A few miles ahead, Jax could see a small town that was mostly nondescript, some rusted buildings there and a small Cantina. Nothing to write home about but Jax was surprised that there was some semblance of civilization even it is to house some of the most notorious criminals. "Don't worry BB-12," Jax chuckling as he landed and shut down the Starfighter. "All we need to do is go in grab the criminal who is....."​
The Jedi took out his Holoprojector which displayed a Duros male. "Hondo Gries," Jax continued. "Duros male wanted for smuggling, theft, assault with a deadly weapon and possession of narcotics. Your typical criminal worked for the Hutts for a bit before claiming he got a gig by some big wigs in CIS space. We do our job and then get drunk to the point where we can't see straight."​
<I want to eat at Crazy Tacos.> BB-12 said using his infil-red eye to scan the area ahead. <That's strange.> he beeped. <Temperature is a little low this time of day.>​
Jax opened the hatch and immediately felt a cool breeze bristle against his skin. "It is a little chilly," he said. "Perhaps it's closer to night?"​
<It's 12 o clock.> BB-12 said. <And due to their Sun's intense luminosity, they only get moonlight every few hours.>​
BB-12 released himself from his hatch while Jax climbed out feeling his boots sink a bit into the red sand. "I do sense something peculiar," he muttered looking around. "Something is seriously off."​
<I'll stay with the ship then.> BB-12 said. <I have to admit I'm not liking these drops in temperature.>​
Jax laughed. "Don't tell me you're actually afraid?" he said crossing his arms.​
The droid jumped a bit. <Frack no!> he said. <I just..... rather make sure that we have a smooth get away once we capture what's his face.>​
"Whatever," Jax said turning to the town. "I shouldn't be long, we'll communicate through radio."​
And with that, Jax headed for the town still ruminating on the small disturbance in the force.​

Lavria Xedrim

L

avedivider.png

TAG: Jax Thio Jax Thio

What a chit hole she was sent to.

Either Master Zul wanted to punish her for something or she was really good at what she did. The Triumvir of influence could have whispered her secrets in any other Sith Lord's ear, yet she chose to entrust this piece of intel to Elwin Zul who then entrusted the same intel to his Apprentice. Was she really that good at hunting things? Because she kept ending up doing just that.

The directive was simple enough - go capture a guy named Hondo Gries that knows something about a Sith Temple on a backwater planet on said backwater planet.

So she and Lars made their way to karking Confederate Space to one of the most desolate planets in the Galaxy - salty Crait.

When she touched down and got out of her fighter, she immediately felt the disturbance in the Force. That sickeningly Light signature on the air - that which she was trained for 16 years to hunt.
"Lars, stay with the ship. I'll let you know if I need you." she said, turning to her droid where he was still nestled in his socket. He bleeped a confirmation while waving an appendage at her. She gave him genuine smile she only ever reserves for him before taking off into town, following the Light trail, instead of hunting her actual target. The young Apprentice had a shrewd idea that whatever Jedi she was hunting now, would lead her straight to Gries in any case.

avedivider.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Lightsaber
Jax sensed a disturbance in the force.​
He stopped in his tracks closing his eyes trying to concentrate and see where the source of the disturbance was coming from but usually the force was annoyingly vague. Of course his masters would point that he needed meditation training but the force was always elusive, telling you that there was danger without exactly spelling it out. Nonetheless, the force was telling Jax that a dark presence arrived almost at the same time as he did. Could they be seeking the same thing? Who knows but one thing Jax needed to do was to be on his heels. The Jedi pressed forward towards the town ahead the air feeling colder by the minute. Taking out his holoprojector, Jax frowned seeing the temperature dropping from 82 from 66 degrees Celsius something is wrong here, Jax fixed his holoprojector a week ago so it was probably the planet temperature dropping but what was causing it?​
Jax looked up at the sun, it was shining brightly and the rays hit Jax's skin but he struggled to feel its warmth. Crait was definitely not Hoth and there wasn't any industry taking place well besides the Drekx's companies but even with their excess it wasn't enough to radically change the planet in a couple of years. The Jedi sighed approaching the small town a sign appeared in front of Jax which read: Welcome to Badland Town! Bought by the good folks of StarrySky Brewery and Meatboi Farms!
StarrySky..... Jax remembered enjoying their drink, it was a bit strong for his taste but Jax loved the flavor. It was a nice drink to have when you want to unwind after spending the day beating up bad guys as a Jedi Knight. Placing his robes close to him, Jax slowly approached the small town. Despite being allegedly under jurisdiction by a corporation, it was still a wretched hive of scum and villainy. Many smugglers and other criminals fled to Crait to hide and Hondo was no exception. Still Jax couldn't shake off the feeling of that disturbance he felt earlier and he had a feeling that whoever it was, he was going to find out sooner or later.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom