Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Beskar you a Question...

Katelyn Feanor

Two sides of a singular coin
[member="Gray Raxis"]

"Sorry...I've only ever told one person this...and I was afraid as to how you would react..." Katelyn continued to listen to what Gray said, trying to ignore the screams of the people outside. When Gray said she was 'the prettiest of the attractive women' this caused her to blush a deep crimson red along with smile towards Gray. She walked over to Gray before leaning on the wall to his right, crossing her arms over her chest as she did so. Katelyn's violet eyes looked upwards at Gray, her face still containing a smile but not as big as it was before.

[member="Katelyn Thanewulf"]

Gray watched Kat blush suddenly at his comment. He was glad to see she wasn't upset anymore about the whole being bi thing. He smiled at her as she walked over next to him and began to look up at him. She just kept staring at him. He didn't know what she was looking for. He didn't know why she was looking at him like that. Did she want something from him? Was she waiting for him to do or say something else? He didn't really know what it was she was doing or even what to expect from her.

Gray just kept smiling down at her as he looked her in her violet eyes. He stayed like this just silently staring for a time. He eventually asked, " So did you want something Kitty Kat? Is there something on my face?" He still couldn't figure out what she was about right now. He just hoped he got an answer from her.

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Gray Raxis"]

"No...it's just.." Katelyn was hesitant to speak for a few moments before continuing on. "..I like you! Not in just a friend way...but...romantic.." Katelyn's words came out fast yet fully audible when she told Gray she liked him.

This time, Instead of turning away from Gray, she decided to just kiss him! Katelyn locked her violet eyes upon Gray's before walking closer to him. Katelyn stood up on her toes before delivering a kiss upon Gray's lips. Hopefully, Gray would't find this as awkward as it felt for Katelyn. She had been keeping this in for a while and well, it wasn't easy for for her to just go out, admit it, and then kiss Gray. All within a few moments of each other too. Which certainly wasn't on her bucket list...plus Katelyn didn't have a bucket list yet.

Gray didn't have time to register what she had said to him before she suddenly kissed him. He had not expected that at all. Well he had an idea it might happen, but he had more or less pushed the idea out of his head because he knew it would never happen. That is what he had thought, but that is not what had happened. He didn't exactly know what to do right now. Kat was attractive, but she was also only 19. He was 26, but she was also aware of this and clearly didn't care. He wasn't opposed to some fun with a friend, but she wanted to be more than that. He had no right answers it seems, and found himself kissing her back out of instinct. He hadn't been kissing her for long before some explosions began to bombard the door. It held against the assault, but there was a few small dents in the middle of it now.

Gray broke the kiss with her and said, " Well Kitty Kat, I am flattered, very flattered, about all of this but I don't think this is the right place or time to be stripping each other down and going at it like rabbits. Well I suppose we don't really have any reason not to do it now though honestly......." He was kind of stumped on what to do still. Part of him was saying to just stop here and wait for later, but another pat of him was saying to just go wild in the abandoned engine room. He was conflicted as he looked at her. No right answers still in sight.

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Gray Raxis"]

"Gray...you know me better than that, right? Besides, I was just confessing my feelings. If anything...you would suggest that. Besides, you already saw me mostly without my clothes on once. You know, on Skye." Katelyn felt slightly hurt and annoyed with what Gray 'presumed' she was going to do. She withdrew slightly from Gray before walking over to a security terminal. She powered on the terminal and began to search through it, looking for the controls to the blast doors for the engines. What she found, didn't surprise her.

*Access Granted*
*Blast Door Engine Room Inner, Single Entrance - False*
*Blast Door Engine Room Outer, Single Entrance - False*

So it seemed that neither of the blast doors to the engine room were online. Now, Katelyn had to be careful about this...one small misstep and everything could go to hell. Katelyn walked away from the terminal, not bothering to get her hand burned again and she made it over to to a panel in the wall near the large blast door. She tore it off with her left hand and began to get to work. Disconnecting wires and then reconnecting them at different colored wires. Along with cutting separate wires and flicking switches. Now, a button was glowing a deep red that read *Execute* Katelyn pressed the button and then two loud clangs sounded as the blast doors closed around the single door, shielding it from further damage. Katelyn walked back a few steps, looking at her work. Katelyn was talking to herself, unaware if Gray was watching. "Now...if my engineering from Hoth taught me anything...changing and cutting wires doesn't allow an automatic reboot from anywhere in the ship...you would have to manually fix where the breach happened which would take days if not weeks to scan the whole entire ship. Well...I must say, those engineering skills I got from Hoth are surely helping me..."

Gray knew how she felt, but he couldn't say he felt the same way about her. She was seven years his junior and more like a little sister than like a potential romantic partner. He also had feeling for someone else. He had been trying to fight the possibility of how he felt for awhile, because he had never really felt this way before, but he couldn't deny it any longer. His heart belonged to someone else, and he just needed to accept that. He had joked around about them fooling around, but there was almost no chance he would actually do that. He was a huge flirt but that didn't mean he was as much of a playboy as he came off as.

Gray watched Kat go over and start messing with the door. He didn't know what she was doing but he was quick to do something about it. That door was the only thing keeping the oxygen that was keeping them alive inside of the engine room. She was going off about rebooting, but he had no idea what she was getting at. He quickly went over and moved her away from the door panel. He got between her and it as he examined what was done. He cursed to himself before he turned around to Kat. He was giving her a stern look as he said, " What the kark is wrong with you Kat? Why did you mess up the door controls? Where you trying to open it up? It is the only reason we are alive while everyone else is dead or dying right now. If you opened it up then we would be dead. This isn't the first time you have done something like this during the mission. First you messed with their com systems and gave away our location to them, which also separated us because you didn't follow me. That got you shot when you didn't have to be and now you are messing with something that did not need to be messed with. I don't know what is going on in your head, but you better stop it before you get the both of us killed. When this mission is over, you are officially off of the job roster with me until you get your act together. Now go sit down and DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING."

Gray turned around and began to work on trying to fix the door. She had screwed it up pretty bad and it likely wasn't going to open up at all now. They were pretty much trapped in there now and while they had life support they could die from not being able to get out. These blast doors were designed to be able to withstand the engines blowing up, so there wasn't much that could move them. He was done with trying to deal with her on a mission now. He was not going to risk his life taking her along again.

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Katelyn bit her bottom lip hard before rolling her violet eyes upwards, locking eyes with Gray steel gray eyes. She was trying to help! But instead, Gray just goes and blames her...thinking that she was Crazy! C-R-A-Z-Y!! Katelyn closed her eyes and tried to control her breathing, keeping her split personality in. She couldn't lose her cool...but her mind was like a pool of fire and anger.

Katelyn clenched and un-clenched her left metal hand, the fingers clenching together into the palm repeatably before opening and repeating the process. She had to do something..Something to calm her mind. So, Katelyn just punched her left hand into the closest metal object to her...a wide and low metal wall. A fist indention was now visible within the wall where Katelyn punched it. Sure, punching the wall felt nice...but she needed to vice why she was so upset. So, Katelyn just said it, her voice a mix of anger, hurt and disgust. "NO I wasn't trying to KARKING OPEN IT!! STOP TREATING ME LIKE AN IDIOT FOR ONCE!!! I KNOW what I'm DOING!! Oh, want to know why I messed with the comn system? I WAS TRYING TO DO SOMETHING!" Katelyn took a breath, her face now red with her level of anger, a sharp crimson. "YOU KNOW SOMETHING! ALL OF MY LIFE...I've been told I'm a SCREW UP...always picked on, teased..FOUGHT! I TRIED FIGHTING A GUARD ONCE, and he pulled a GUN ON ME..." Katelyn took another breath trying to calm herself but all it did was make her tense up more. "..AIMED RIGHT AT MY HEAD! WHEN I WAS ONLY 15! OH, and guess what? YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY MY MASTER DIED?! CAUSE I"M USELESS..ALWAYS HAVE BEEN......ALWAYS WILL BE. OH AND YOU KNOW WHAT?! MY ACTUAL MOTHER DIED, MY REAL ONE, BECAUSE I WAS TOO WEAK TO STOP.....THEM FROM TAKING HER!!" Katelyn turned away from Gray and walked away a few steps, not able to control her shaking. Katelyn..d-don't let her get into your mind! Don't let the other one IN! Katelyn closed her violet eyes again before slamming her right fist against the nearby metal wall. It bruised Katelyn's fist and fractured some of the knuckles but she ignored it. It wasn't important. Katelyn tried to calm her breathing, but this time it was filled more with fear and sadness than anger. "Look...kick me off if you want. Just...if I lose it and 'she' takes control...protect yourself, also...their is always more than one way out of a room...you just have to look..." Katelyn sighed and walked away from Gray, slumping herself down behind a separate low metal wall. She brought her knees up to her chest and hugged them.

Gray finished repairing the door panel after Kat had finished speaking to him. She was upset, he got that, but she needed to think more before she acted. She was impulse and reckless, which were not unusual for someone her age. He had been that way himself when he was younger, but she had been taking it too far during this mission and it had put them both at risk. He was upset, but it was not like he hated her or anything. The real issue was that she was trying too hard to impress him and not trying hard enough to focus.

Gray put the panel back up and stood up. He stretched his body before he turned to Kat. He looked at her for a moment thinking over what he wanted to say. After a bit he finally said, " Kat I never called you a screw up or an idiot. I never called you crazy or as if you don't know anything. The problem is that you have been reckless and impulsive. You haven't followed my lead at all when you needed to. I get that you have had a rough life, but you have no idea what I have been through either. As I mentioned to you once before I saw both of my parents die right in front of me. Both of them. I spilled every ounce of my blood that would flow out of me to try to pay the medical bills that kept building up while my mother was sick. I barely kept on top of it and even sold almost everything I owned to make sure she was cared for. You know how all of that time and energy ended up? My mother died right in front of my eyes without anything being able to be done to save her despite all of the credits I had permanently scarred my body for to collect. I was helpless to save her life no matter how hard I worked or what I did. And all of this began shortly after my father died and then ended almost a year later."

Gray took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He went on after saying, " And then there was how my dad died. We were on what should have been a simple mission to take out a group of pirates. Well it didn't go as planned and while I was held down after having been beaten and cut, that it where this cut across my face came from, the captain of the pirates murdered my dad right in front of my eyes in the most cruel way you can imagine. I was left for dead there with my dad's body. I barely survived it and had to live with the fact I wasn't strong enough to save my dad. I had lost the only two people in my life who I had any kind of lasting connection with. I lost the only stable relationships I had. I lost my only family that I knew about. I was alone Kat, in every way you can imagine. So next time you try to mention how bad you have had it, maybe you should consider someone has had is worse. Because you can trust me that there is plenty of people out there who have had it worse. I consider myself to be lucky to be alive right now, and so should you. Don't risk or waste your life senselessly. If you want to try and impress me or get me trust you, then wait for the moments to show up on their own. Don't try to force it like you have been today."

Gray got quiet as he finished talking. He didn't bring up his past much, and he didn't like people's reactions to it. He didn't want pity and he didn't want to use it as an excuse. He wanted to be judged by his present self rather than the man he had been in the past. He walked over and picked his helmet up off the ground. He put it on his head and turned back to Kat. He said, " Alright, everyone aboard the ship should be dead now, even if they had some emergency life support. Ready to finish up this job Kitty Kat? We need to return the beskar back to the miners and get our reward." He tried to use a more friendly tone with her, but who knew how she would take it.

OOC: Sorry for taking so long to reply. A mixture of getting busy and sick caused me to forget I owed you a post here.

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Gray Raxis"]
((OOC: I'm just gonna say Astrid now since I've gotten used to the name by now, Oh yeah...Astrid's a Felacatian Now. She has a tail!!))
"Gray...look I'm sorry for getting so ticked off. I...just get so insane with myself sometimes I just throw all of my feeling onto somebody else...I understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore. After what I've done today...I'll just leave...I'll try to go on my own..."

Astrid felt deeply regretful and sorry for how she treated Gray, but she just couldn't stop herself. Once she got mad, their was no controlling herself...that's how it always had been since she found out she was bipolar just a few months ago. That was the exact reason for her constant mood swings that happened randomly and sometimes in the worst situations. Sometime's, it was like she was drunk. Her judgment was impaired and screwed over when that happened...it always just made her lose herself for a few minutes.

Astrid began to talk again, only this time in a calmer and more in control voice than she was previously in. "Gray...look we need to finish the Job. Besides...we still need to make sure all of those pirates are karking dead! Look...just yet me check the emergency life support...if they even had it..." Astrid walked over to a panel near Gray to where he could look over her shoulder and she began to work. After a minute or two, she found what she was looking for with an excited gasp. "Ok..Gray so they do have an emergency life support system...luckily it is only accessible from here...look I just need you to trust me. Even is some pirates were still alive...which I seriously doubt; they would be stunned for a short period of time due to the lack of oxygen." Astrid tapped the panel a few more times before a mechanical voice boomed overhead, stating that emergency life support was now back online. She then clicked a few more buttons on the panel before the blast doors opened to revel 4 or five dead lifeless bodies laying outside of the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom