Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wearing: Armor | Leather Pants | Pathfinder Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | Sofitor
Wielding: 10 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | Copero's Wail | Fire and Smoke (lightsabers) | Combat Gauntlets | Knight Obsidian Sword | 2 Dissuader K-30 Pistols with Glitter Bullets
Tag: [member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

x7K6md.png

Iktotch. A moon recently pulled into the Confederate space and protection. A place of hardened people who had to overcome millennia of fighting before any whispers of peace could be heard. Also a place where a galactic highway was at, which many used to jump into or out of hyperspace, which meant a very elaborate spaceport, which in turn, meant many people coming and going in all directions.

A perfect place to hide.

Scherezade in one of the terminals, clad in her usual array. She had all the paperwork needed to be permitted to even be walking around with all those weapons upon her body; she was a walking armory on almost any day. There was only one thing wrong, and that was that her papers said Madalena Antares.

No one in the Confederacy knew of that plot yet, and all thought she was still the woman she had summoned from another dimension to walk into her body. It was a long story. Too long to properly write in an intro. So for now, most people will be referring to her as Madalena Antares.

Her reason for being here?

Someone was hiding. Someone was perfectly hiding. More than once had spaceport officials found bodies hidden cross the spaceport. The surveillance equipment had picked nothing up. There was no hint as to whether there was even just one person behind this mess, or a team. And thus, the Knights Obsidian had dispatched one of their leading members – Pathfinder Madalena Antares. Her mission was to catch whoever was doing this, without drawing too much attention.

Except for the attention that came with being a motherkrakking walking armory.

At present, "Madalena" was sitting on a bench, eating from a bag of popcorn as she looked around. She'd been told that someone from another division would be joining her; someone who knew their way around ships, which was, to be honest, a very weak spot for Scherezade ("Madalena") herself.

And while she waited, having arrived at the appointed location an hour before time, she looked around, and smelled. If her Blood Hound abilities would let her pick something up when it was fresh, their odds of apprehending whoever was responsible would increase by a gazillion. At least.

Kelsie, apparently, was that someone of the other division.

Unlike Scherezade, Kelsie was a little more subtle in how she carried her armament. Their target wasn't in Ankhela where the two found themselves, so she felt no point in carrying more than she needed. The only visible weapon she had was some sort of pistol holstered at her hip -- if the Pathfinder was sharp enough she might recognize it as a model of Verpine shatter gun. The rest of her weapons were hidden under her black leather jacket or in her boots (see Standard loadout in character bio). And knowing a little bit about the local Iktotch she'd brought a pair of extra Taozin amulets -- perhaps she'd be willing to give one off to her partner to help them have a smooth, stealthy assignment...

That thought was pushed out of her head when she spotted the Pathfinder. She fit the rough description that she'd been given of the woman she was going to be working with... and she stuck out like a sore thumb among the brown-clad Iktotchi in the spaceport. Kelsie let out a small sigh before wandering over, mentally reviewing the mission profile.

It was then that she remembered that she'd decided to go into this cold -- it was more exciting this way. But by her guesses about the choice in surroundings, their target had to be Force sensitive -- if they lived in one of the cities, they would've been found by CIS agents long before now; and thus they had to live in Iktotch's vast desert wastes. And to live in the stormy, windswept deserts, one would have to be able to predict the devastating sandstorms that Iktotch was prone to.

She subtly wandered towards the bench, picking a blind spot roughly behind Scherezade. Silently she stopped behind the woman and leaned over, plucking a feather off her armor. "Do the feathers help you track people? Maybe I should try wearing some."

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

To her surroundings, Scherezade might have looked like a ditzy young woman wielding too many knives. And while the latter might true, depending on one's point of view, the former most definitely was not; she ate the popcorn that was in her hands, yes, but every sense was focused on her surroundings. If her eyes seemed wide, it wasn't because she was daydreaming, but merely concentrating.

Granted, she had not been focusing on trying to find whoever it was that she'd been partnered up with for the mission. The movements of those she could sense was where she was at, trying to distinguish if she could notice anyone trying to be avoidant rather than just go from point A to point B.

And still, with her levels of focus, she knew someone was coming close. No eyesight was needed just there and then for that, and the Sithling's gaze remained right ahead of her. Were they coming close to her or to her general direction? Scherezade popped another mouth full of popcorn as she waited patiently to discover just that.

And truly, everything was fine, until one of her feathers was picked. "I don't need ears or eyes to know you're coming," she said quietly after she'd swallowed her popcorn, and only then turned around. The thought of pulling a knife out at the woman's throat seemed lovely right now. "If you're so keen on feathers, I could boil your flesh and stick a few in when it's tender. They'd be entirely your own and you wouldn't have to rudely pick mine off my armor."

Some might have thought the content of those words was absolutely rude. And perhaps it was. Yet as Scherezade looked at [member="Kelsie Sylvan"], her expression was open and friendly, some might even say warm.

"That's your free pass. Don't do it again and we're shiny," she smiled.

Kelsie grinned widely at the idea. She'd like to see her try... then again, this girl reminded her of her former best friend, Alexis. Except Alexis had had far fewer feathers. "You're just asking for it now," she said, returning the friendly smile. She had perfectly white teeth, it was almost unnatural...

[font='times new roman][SIZE=12px]She hopped over the bench and plopped herself neatly beside her feathered companion, glancing around the spaceport for a moment before reaching into her coat. "Gotta say I'm actually impressed. These things have been pretty foolproof in my experience," she said, producing an odd skin node of sorts on a string. A Taozin amulet. "Not like the Force is everything, of course." She wasn't a hundred percent sure that Scherezade was Force sensitive, but it was a reasonable guess. Force sensitives tended to dress a little more extravagantly than most... and they tended to have lightsabers.[/font][/SIZE]

[font='times new roman']"So, do you know what we're doing? I'm coming into this one cold. Bad habit I guess." The young woman shrugged and took off her sunglasses to reveal her hazel eyes, which promptly began to flick around, observing the spaceport. It was better to see it with her own eyes, without the assistance of the Theia glasses. "I'm Kelsie, by the way. Not quite cool enough to be wearing feathers, but I'm sure I'll get there."[/font]

[member='Scherezade deWinter']

She was asking for it? Scherezade grinned. If she was asking for it, this was going to get interesting. The other girl didn't know that Madalena was actually Scherezade, who had nearly killed Darth Metus a year before.

Glowing green eyes looked at the amulet the other woman produced. Scherezade had no idea what it was, had never seen anything like it. "What's that?" she asked, a genuine look of curiosity visible on her face now. Gadgets, weird things, stuff you could build – the girl was a walking one-item factory in her head most of the time, having blueprints for weapons of inconvenient mass destruction.

"Coming in cold is usually the best. No prejudices, no expectations," she smiled softly, "I'm pathfinder Madalena Antares. And if you make it alive and successful through this mission I'll make you a feather hat."

Taking her datapad out, Scherezade flicked it open and set it between the two women.

"We're looking for a murderer who knows how to camouflage really well," she explained, "bodies are turning up in this spacesport and the Confederacy doesn't even have a lead beyond this place being the primary hunting ground. It's our job to collect what data we can that will lead to finding him. Or her. Or them. Whatever the murderer is. I've been chosen because of my special affinity to matters of blood. Why are you here?"

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Not that knowing Scherezade's true identity would do anything for Kelsie -- she had only the barest of ideas on the major galactic players these days. Learning all these names and battles got boring fast, so she'd just decided to learn about it all on the fly. If someone impressed her, she'd remember them, if not, well, no one would.

"This? It's a Taozin Amulet. You can have it if you'd like," she said, tossing it into her companion's lap. "It muddles your presence in the Force, makes you a ton harder to sense. The Imperial Inquisitors used these." The young woman half-raised an eyebrow at the other woman. Wasn't exactly any sort of gadget, just a natural bit of skin from an interesting beast... Kelsie wanted to hunt one. Maybe later.

She rolled her eyes at Madelena's comment. "I'll do the same for you... I'm Kelsie, by the way. If we're talking to anyone, though, call me Jacquelyn." Might as well show a little trust... not that Jacquelyn was her only alias. Kelsie had worked on about five other identities and was ready to use them in an instant. But she wasn't sure if they'd be needed -- murderers tended not to care who you were if you found them out.

"Sounds like me," she muttered, taking a look at the datapad. No description. Twenty victims, all found in various nooks and crannies of the spaceport, never in the same place twice, all found within the past four months. Weird... but also interesting. Kelsie was already bouncing with excitement, on the inside at least.

It seemed that the Pathfinder knew as little about Kelsie as Kelsie knew about her. Matters of blood was a tad too edgy for the young woman, but she shrugged it off and spoke. "I do everything and more. Fly, hunt, shoot, all the fun stuff." She put down the datapad and hopped to her feet. "Let's head to the morgue. I want to see the bodies for myself, and maybe you can mess around with your spooky-scary blood stuff," she teased.

"Cool!" Scherezade responded, catching the amulet. A Taozin Amulet. There were a bunch of things in the 'verse that did more or less the same thing, but this particular piece was entirely new to her. It was… It was a new shiny. "So you got experience with Imp Quizzes?" came another question as she carefully folded the string and put it on her pocket. Normally, Scherezade didn't particularly like to wear anything around her neck, but she could fidget with it later and turn it into a bracelet or hair piece or something.

Jacquelyn? Scherezade nodded to that. Maybe the girl sitting next to her was right; using Madalena's name wasn't actually a smart idea considering how Madalena was going to be walking around and be a real person to everyone soon. But what would she call herself? "Guess I get to be called Feyre today," she nodded then, mostly to herself.

Kelsie Jacquelyn wanted to see the morgue. Scherezade nodded and jumped off the bench, tossing the remains of her food into the bin. "It's gonna get ugly," she said off-handedly. They were both good at their jobs. A bit of ickiness wasn't going to turn Kelsie Jacquelyn away. But the last time Scherezade had ridden the blood in front of someone else, that someone else had almost vomited all over her. It wasn't a pretty sight.

Getting to the doors of the morgue didn't take long at all. It was almost entertaining how close it was to the actual entrance point of the spaceport. Yet as the two women approached the doors, Scherezade suddenly stopped, holding a hand up.

Pausing, she looked around them, sniffing the air. There was something there. There was… "There's a fresh body," she said quietly, "and it's not inside the morgue."

How the krak did they manage that?!

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Kelsie raised an eyebrow at that. Imp Quizzes? She'd never heard them called that... it was such a more fun than 'Inquisitors'. They were always so serious all the time, such a fun name would make them seem so much less intimidating. She'd only met one -- once, the Inquisitor had showed up during her training back on Nelvaan. She hadn't said a word... so boring. "A little," she replied.

But that reminded her -- it definitely wasn't the same kind of Inquisitor, was it? She'd have to check that out. They did have very cool amulets, after all... she'd have to steal a few more. She kept her own in her coat pocket, and it worked just fine. They weren't that pretty, really -- Kelsie wouldn't wear one of these to a party. Not that it didn't have its uses.

"Woo, what a pretty name. Maybe I'll steal that one too," Kelsie teased. She'd keep that in mind.

The young woman spent the walk to the morgue wondering about the other woman's abilities. Matters of blood -- sounded like a bit much. But she'd wait and see... or maybe she could just ask. By the time they arrived she'd formed a fair few theories about what exactly that meant. She was about to ask when Scherezade mentioned there was another body. Another one... so quickly... Kelsie would be smiling and bouncing with excitement if it wasn't a rather horrible thing. "...then we should probably go find it..." She supposed her question about her companion's abilities had been answered -- she was, quite literally, a bloodhound.

Kelsie spun on her heel and ran back towards the spaceport. Once they reached the place again she turned to Scherezade. "Where?"

"Go for it," Scherezade grinned. It was just a name, and one that belonged to neither herself nor anyone she actually knew. So if Jacquelyn wanted to call herself Feyra, she definitely could.

Fast forward to the body.

Scherezade motioned for Jacquelyn to follow her, and turned left, deeper into the hall. She didn't quite know the layout of the spaceport, didn't know where ever tunnel led to, but it didn't matter; she could follow the scent, and the scent was strong to her abilities. At the end of the hall the two women turned a right, and a few more turns after that, they had reached a seemingly dead end – a wall, closed off, with no door to it.

"Behind that wall," Scherezade said quietly. She could punch it, sure. She could kick it. She could use the Force. But she wanted to see what Jacquelyn would do. "Got a way to take it down? The Confederacy will pay for reconstruction."

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Kelsie rather disliked walls. Really, what a lame obstacle. Traps and soldiers were better and more interesting, but half a foot of duracrete in your way really just ruined your mood. She was sure there was another way in, and she didn't really want to break down the wall, but... well, here went nothing.

The young woman reached into her coat, and soon enough the boxy black .48 cal Enforcer was in her hand. She passed it into her left and reached into her pocket with her right hand as she fire a single slug, breaking a neat hole through the duracrete. Not big enough to get through, not yet. She holstered her weapon, then held her right palm out towards the wall. A short hum could be heard as the repulsor weapon on her hand charged up, then a concussive blast shot forward, practically blowing the entire wall apart. Kelsie was already through as the last bits of rubble hit the ground. "Check the body," she said to the Pathfinder.

It was a small maintenance room -- they were opposite of the door. The body laid on the left side of the room, but Kelsie ignored it and rushed through the door, hand on her holstered weapon. She found herself at the edge of the spaceport, looking at a bunch of freighters who weren't given priority landing. She began to scan the area -- and out of the corner of her eye she caught a flicker of movement.

She looked towards its source, but realized it was off -- she was looking at the shadow cast by the roof of the little area. No, there was something else... she paused for a moment, then sprinted over to a supporting column a few meters away, rapidly climbing up it and finally getting a hand on the roof. She pulled herself up -- and then found herself knocked back, sprawled on the ground. Pain shot through her back. "Argh." She let out a cough and a volley of rapid cusses in a variety of languages before her vision focused again -- once more a shadow, looking over her, before it disappeared.

Scherezade was positively beaming as her mission partner made the whole damn wall go kaboom. Anyone who loved violence to this degree was a person she could easily approve of. So much, that she didn't even give a snarky comment over being told to go check the body. That was, after all, what she was here to do. Among other things.

About to move, Scherezade paused as Jacquelyn barged in first, going for the door. The blood Hound lofted a brow, but didn't pursue as she went to take a look at the body first. Moving the covering, she touched it… Still warm? That was odd. Sure, it didn't take her long to pick the scent up, but there was no blood around them, nothing that let a trail before the bed with the corpse, and-

She heard that argh.

Rushing through the door and up after Jacquelyn, yet by the time she arrived there was no shadow or anything else. Had they missed something?

"What did you see?" Scherezade asked as she held a hand out to help the other woman get up.

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Kelsie was rather suddenly feeling old -- or perhaps her age, really. Back pain! Aches! Not all that fun. She was just trying to sit up as her companion arrived to help her out. She lets out another small groan as she took Madalena's hand, pulling herself to her feet. "There was a shadow..." The young woman took a few moments, trying to focus.

What could it have been? She knew there were personal cloaking devices, and of course stealth suits, but in broad daylight? Surely she would've seen something other than a shadow. Realizing she hadn't really informed her companion, she continued. "Sorry, uh, I... didn't manage to see anything. There was a shadow, and I climbed up to chase it but got knocked down." She looked back over where she'd seen the shadow, quietly muttering a little more profanity here and there.

"What'd you find?"

A shadow. Scherezade frowned. Dealing with shadows tended to suck. The world of tangibles was much easier to deal with, and she thought that was complete confidence even though she was a Force User herself. Quietly, she listened to her mission partner's description, but it was really neither here nor there; nothing they could deduct out of it.

"I hadn't actually had the chance to check before I heard you scream," she sighed, and motioned for her to come back with her, "c'mon, let's go back there and see."

Moments later they were back next to the corpse, and Scherezade lifted the sheet that covered it. The corpse was still warm, though significantly less than before. Still no blood or a trail.

"Sorry," she mumbled before she removed a knife from her hip and cut into the corpse's arm. With its warmth still present, she expected more a flow, but she'd do with the little trickle she got instead. Scherezade bent down, her lips coming in contact with the body's skin, and she sucked on the wound, trying to get as much of the blood into her mouth as he could.

Her eyes closed, and her vision changed. Everything now was in shades of red, with a distant sound of aquarium bubbles. She was riding the blood. [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] would just see her standing there awkwardly with her eyes closed, but Scherezade saw. It was just a tourist, on the way to one of the terminals, hadn't even checked his luggage in yet. A shadow flickered in front of his eyes, and the next thing, he was dead.

Scherezade stumbled back, spitting the remains of blood out of her mouth, her face shrinking with disgust. She might have been a Blood Hound and liked her meat borderline blue, but she was not a fan of the taste of blood. Not at all.

"A shadow, flickering," she said after a few moments, when most of the taste of blood was out of her mouth. Force. She needed a drink after every episode like that, "he never even saw or felt what killed him. One moment he was on the way to the terminal, the next he was dead."

Looking at her partner, Scherezade sighed. She opened her mouth to say something else, when the sound of equipment falling to the floor were heard. Not from where they were in – but a nearby room? "After it!" she whispered, and broke into a run.

"I didn't scream, I argh'd," Kelsie grumbled, rubbing her butt. She didn't much like getting injured. Falling was the worst -- after all, she was a pilot. She loved the freedom of flying, in part due to that little bit of danger, but splatting on the ground wasn't all that fun. She shook out her legs before following the Pathfinder away from the edge of the spaceport.

Dead bodies. Gross. The young woman folded her arms, looking at the dead man. Nothing, huh... she glanced at Scherezade as she spoke, wondering if the dead really needed apologies. After all, Kelsie never apologized for anything. Maybe she should try it. Not right now, though, she wanted to watch this bloodhound do... weird stuff, apparently. It appeared to be nothing at all. Kelsie remained rather unimpressed. Maybe the other woman just liked the taste of dead people's blood.

But there had to be something -- Scherezade's account of what the shadow had been made sense. If Kelsie was invisible, stealth kills would be significantly easier, and she doubted that a professional would let their target know they were there until it was too late. "So uh... what'd you do?"

"Wh-" Her senses perked up as something fell in another room. She flicked her wrist, her HL-27 appearing in her left hand as she rushed out of the room a step in front of her companion. "What do you sense?" She didn't miss a beat, arriving at another locked metal door after a few moments of running. She shot out the lock, then kicked it open, then raised her blaster. The room was dark, much larger than the one they'd just been in. Rows of shelves went each way. As her eyes scanned the place she guessed that this was one of the storage rooms for confiscated items found at the spaceport -- probably not the best idea, opening it up like that. Still.

"Turn on the lights, stay by the door. Nothing leaves," she whispered, taking a step into the room. This seemed... a little spooky.

What had she done? Scherezade nodded, thinking she understood the question. Her mission partner wanted information on the Blood Hound thing. Typically, it was a long explanation, and although she'd come into her abilities with the thing almost a year ago, Scherezade didn't have an acute explanation about the technical aspect of how it all worked, just the mechanical; do this to get that, smell this to scent that, and so on. But since the two women were just breaking into a run, that explanation was going to have to wait. Maybe if both of them got out of this in one piece, Scherezade could offer Jaqueline to hit a cantina later on.

Jaqueline ran in front of her and kicked a door open. Another dark room. Scherezade cursed. "Give me a sound and give me the night, let me see it all tonight," she whispered the words, and waited for the ding to sound in her ears only, the sign that her spell had worked and taken effect. Immediately, the room was awash in hues of pink and purple, and she could actually see.

Seeing her blaster out, Scherezade answered it with a knife of her own, wanting to keep the lightsaber's glow out of sight for the time being. Stand by the door, nothing leaves. Sure, that was simple enough. Turn the lights on? She looked to both sides; there was no switch that she could see. Carefully, the Sith took a single step back. Maybe there was one of those things outside the door where you pressed your hands and bam, light? Ah, yes – there it was.

Light, coming up, she whispered into Jaqueline's mind through the Force. What better way to remain quiet? Removing a small device from her pocket with her free hand, Scherezade attached it to the sensor. An instance later, harsh florescent light lit the entire room up. Or should have, anyway. The ceiling was lit indeed, and so were some of the walls and the shelves. But the ground and the other shelves…

Even with her spell running, Scherezade couldn't actually see beyond the deep inky blackness. It felt… Almost alive. But what was it?

"Move back towards me," she almost hissed at her mission partner, "this stuff's not 'natural'. You're not safe."

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

A cantina would be very nice. Kelsie could use a drink. Going to work while sober made everything 10% more boring.

The young woman wasn't quite sure what her companion was muttering, but if it made her feel better to make rhymes and pretend to be magic she didn't care all that much. A hokey religion's no match for a good blaster -- or slugthrower. Or flak cannon. Or proton torpedo. And in her opinion, some good glasses were more than a match for some spooky incantations. The HUD of her Theia Glasses sprung to life, the various sensors helping to colour her surroundings. Technology was always a step ahead of the Force -- well, in some cases. The issue was, Kelsie was a half-step behind her assailant.

She'd made it roughly to the middle of the room, still directly ahead of Madalena. Whatever this thing was, it was pretty damn good at concealing its breathing -- reminded Kelsie of Kelsie. Her aural amplifier was only picking up her companion's breathing a few dozen feet behind her. But it couldn't hide forever.

And it didn't.

She turned to her left and spotted the creature instantly. Obviously the scanners in her glasses had helped a bit. With the ultraviolet light scanning, Kelsie could now see the short, stocky, furry creature standing six meters away from her. Considering its bright blue complexion it was a wonder that Kelsie had missed it earlier -- she kicked herself. Use your tools, she told herself. She didn't miss a beat... as soon as she'd spotted it, she pretended not to have.

She glanced around, as if looking at the various items on the shelves. The odd creature didn't appear to be armed -- it had a small visor on its face, and a seat of deadly-looking claws on each hand. For one reason or another it didn't move. Kelsie would have definitely heard it if the thing had decided to move, anyways. So it laid in wait...

Kelsie made the first move, taking a seemingly normal step forward before almost tripping. Instead of falling down she dropped low and began to spin, sweeping the smaller creature off its feet. It, too, was equally fast, because by the time Kelsie had turned her blaster on the creature it'd rolled out of her aim. It wove through the rows of shelves, Kelsie close behind.

Suddenly there was a voice in her head: Light, coming up. There was a tiny hesitation as Kelsie processed what'd just happened. Voices in her head, huh... that hesitation lasted a moment too long as the lights sprung on. Kelsie's eyes struggled to adjust -- but the only thing she saw once they had was a furry blue fist aimed for her face.

Her glasses broke and she stumbled back momentarily before getting into a stable stance. Unfortunately another attack came her way -- but this one was different. She was thrown into the air and pushed back to the centre, her body tumbling onto the ground. Pain shot through her back again. This was a bad day.

The young woman scrambled to her feet, rolling out of the way as one of the shelves toppled, spilling awfully heavy-looking metal parts onto the ground where she'd just been. She moved quickly to the entrance. "My scanners are broken but I could see it. Furry guy, must absorb light somehow. And it's Force sensitive, I think," she rambled, catching her breath as her hand moved into her jacket as she drew her .48 cal.

She had heard the commotion; heard the fall, the shots, everything that was happening. But without a visual on her mission partner, she could not begin to translate the sounds into facts, and her attention was still taken away by the inky blackness. For a moment, she worried; if Jaqueline ended up being covered by the goop…

Thankfully, the Force was on their side. Scherezade listened quietly as she was filled in and nodded, and then pointed to the black stuff. "Furry, light absorbing guy, that may be Force Sensitive," she repeated, "and black inky matter that looks like it's swallowing up light and I'm scared to touch."

She sighed, and stepped backwards, motioning for Jaqueline to do the same. They needed to get out of the room, close the door, and think.

"Would you be willing to give me a drop of your blood?" she asked, "a small one. That would give me the last seconds of what you saw, and nothing more."

It would also demand a great deal of trust. People were usually not happy about parting from their blood, especially if they knew it would give people like Scherezade access to their memories because of that. Even if said memories would last a moment, would not give future strength or power of any kind, and have no lingering effect. But still. It was a shame that offering a drop back would have no results.

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Kelsie was definitely thinking -- her mind was going a mile a minute. She didn't think withdrawing was the best idea, considering they had their target cornered and had nothing to lose by sticking there. Then again, they didn't lose anything by stepping out for a moment. Despite her partner's ramblings about some ball of darkness, she obliged and exited the room, keeping her slugthrower out in case she needed it.

The young woman shook her head. "I didn't see anything after it hit me. Last few seconds were me getting back here." Valid reasoning. Of course, under that it was just Kelsie being generally distrustful of people asking for her blood. Great deal of trust was a little more than what she had for Madelena. She took the moment of respite to draw a substitute for her glasses from her pocket. The small black case held a pair of contacts, which she promptly placed her eyes. It was another few moments before the systems booted up and she felt like she could see again.

"Alright, here's the plan," she said, checking her gear one last time. "I'm gonna nail it in the leg, you do what you can to pin it down. Force, stab him, whatever. We need him alive though. Yeah?" She looked at the Pathfinder to confirm she'd been heard.

No blood then. Scherezade liked the girl, but she was going to remember this. People were often distrustful about these matters but the point was, she'd been speaking the truth. Nothing but the last few seconds would be given by the drop, and while Jaqueline might not have noticed something, it didn't mean that her eyes saw nothing. But now was hardly going to be the time to fight about it. In the future, the Blood Hound would show her what an asset it was to have someone with her abilities around.

Now though, they had a murderer to catch.

It appeared though that Jaqueline thought she could nail it in the leg? Scherezade looked, not completely convinced. Neither of the two had thus even gotten a real good look at the stupid thing. "Sure," she shrugged, looking forward.

Looking into the room again, she searched. Both with the Force and with her glowing eyes, she looked for it, a sign of it, anything, nothing.

Seconds ticked by. The silence was so thick she imagined she could cut it with one of her knifes.

"THERE!" Scherezade yelled as the movement began, the Force already gathering around her, ready to jump in once her mission partner nailed its leg.

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Kelsie refused to miss.

The basic scanners in the Cyber-eye contacts were enough to keep her informed of the situation. As soon as she stepped back in she had her weapon raised, her eyes searching the same as the other woman's. They spotted it at the same time -- it'd been weaving through the shelves on its way towards the single exit. Without hesitation Kelsie leveled her weapon and fired. The bullet sliced through the air, then through some skin, then the kneecap, some cartilage, a little flesh, some more furry skin, then the air again.

The creature was practically thrown to the ground as its knee was almost completely destroyed by the single .48 cal round. The almost deafening bang from the hand cannon as it fired likely helped disorient the enemy. "Go!" She said, keeping her weapon ready. Hopefully the Force-using woman was ready to take down the furry creature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom