Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Hunting the hunter

Ship: Emancipator-2

Tags: Gong Son Gong Son Vaxis Vaxis

"TALK!!" Demanded Mairéad to the man strapped into the seat in front of him "Tell me where your fat disgusting boss is! WHERE IS ROOKAL!!"

As she shouted, the man, a trandoshan mercenary shivered, frost forming on the outside of his scales, the whole room was chilled by the raw temper of this woman, but a temperature mixed with tears. The trandoshan grinned seeing that his captor was upset, maybe he could use that to his advantage and escape.

"What's the matter little girl? Don't have the stomach for all this? Wipe away your tears and I will let you live"

Mairéad looked down at her victim and flicked a frozen tear off of her cheek.

"So you think you can beat me by playing off my sadness do you? Oh dear." She grabbed his jaw, with her hand and he felt the sting of its cold.

"I have killed so many to get to you and I feel I am close to your master... and thinking about him causes me pain... do you want to know what happened to the last one that tried to play off my sadness" she looked him right in the eyes, her brown eyes had lost theirndepth and become light grey blue "do you want me to describe his screams as the water in his very blood turned to ice, tearing into his flesh" shards of frozen flesh extended from her hand around the jaw of the trandoshan as she spoke, causing her victim to shout in pain.

"OK OK, I will talk, just let me go"

"OK, talk, and I will end this" she replied, releasing her grip and allowing the room to warm slightly.

"Rookal is now in the Republic, he is working with some other lordos to capture a planet, Rorak 4 I think, that's all I know, I promise."

Mairéad smiled, that confirmed it then, she needed to head to Rorak 4 as soon as she was done here and finish her business with the hutt.

"See, was that so hard now?"

"So I can go then?"

"Oh no dear, I never promised you that, you need to listen more carefully, we can't have you warning the slug now can we?"

She closed her eyes and focused, the temperature of the room plummeted as she channeled her innermost anguish, the trandoshan began to scream as his blood and tissue rapidly froze solid, moments later he was dead.

Mairéad stepped out of the chamber in the exotic dance parlour she had taken Work in and waved to the madame. "He will need a few minutes to calm down in there, he was quite a wild one."

"..He will need a few minutes...." She repeated back to Mairéad without emotion.

Mairéad disappeared out the door and into a back alley where her outdoor clothes were stashed. She dressed, and then disappeared into the night. She had killed a dozen of Rookals men and now nobody was between her and her target.

Last edited:

Tags: Gong Son Gong Son , Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus

5m5qOKV.png

The shuttle touched down on the planet's surface, just along the outskirts of a small settlement. Vaxis took a moment to survey the area with the ship's scanners, searching for potential locations of their target. There had been several reports of a Force user with a pension for freezing others, sometimes to death. While, admittedly, Vaxis believed that he had bigger fish to fry, he felt that this would be a fitting mission for the newest member of the Holy Jury.

The newcomer Gong Son Gong Son was quickly making a name for himself as a bit of a fire starter, both metaphorically and literally. Vaxis wasn't entirely sure that such an individual had their place within the Jury, but if the Cardinal had thought it appropriate, then that meant that there was a reason. In the end, Vaxis couldn't hold it against the new recruit; the Cardinal had recruited Vaxis in a similar manner. Perhaps that was why he was chosen to take Gong on this mission.

"Nothing standing out on the sensors, but I can feel the target's presence. Not sure how close they are though We'll follow the Force signature until we locate the target."

He took a moment to initiate their shuttle's security protocols before opening up the doors.

"I know we talked about this before, but we'll go over it one more time, just to make sure we're on the same page. Once we locate the target, we will attempt to apprehend them without incident. No excessive force unless necessary. Lets try to make this quick. We don't want any unwanted attention, especially not in an area like this."

He started for the door as he continued.

"Today is your true test. You prove yourself here, and you can consider your position among the Jury permanent. In the meantime, just follow my lead. Lets move out."

With those words, he started toward the source of their quarry's energy, following the scent like a predator to prey.
5m5qOKV.png

5m5qOKV.png

Gong Son
Objective: Capture the target
Tags: Vaxis Vaxis , Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus

Equipment: Brown fur coat, black polo, black ankle pants, Gong Son's saber-hand fan

Gong Son, the Great Sage of Atrisia and a new member of the Holy Jury of the Crusade, has set to find a Force user who has killed several people together with a fellow Juror, Vaxis, a pale-skinned man. Gong never knew that his partner was no human, maybe because there are pale-skinned Atrisians as well, especially those who are part of the secluded ice clan in Atrisia. Gong probably doesn't care once he realized that his fellow Juror was no human, he doesn't conform to the conservative and homogenous Atrisian society who has prejudice against near-humans, aliens, and even non-Atrisian humans. But what Gong noticed the most is that based on the reports from the locals of this backwater planet, the murderous force user or as he thought, is known to manipulate ice.

Is she an Atrisian? The Great Sage thought. Even though Gong is new to the galaxy, far away from his homeworld, force-users who are known to manipulate ice or cold are really rare and you will find these type of force-users once in a lifetime, but not in Atrisia. Gong has encountered a lot of them back in his days as a member of the Wukong order, there were annual tournaments for each force orders in Atrisia held by the current imperial monarchs of the Atrisian Commonwealth, Emperor Xian Guiying (known as Golden Flowers' Emperor) and Empress Natsuo Guiying (known as Rice Wine Empress) on who will be the best force order each year. There were members chosen for tourney combat and fight for the force order he/she represent although those days were over. At least Gong was able to experience being a representative of the Wukong order a lot of times.

Gong Son has high expectations of his first mission and he expects that this target is a worthy challenge to the Great Sage. A battle of ice and fire will soon commence.

Now that they have landed on the surface, his partner Vaxis briefed him on this mission.

No excessive force unless necessary.
We don't want any unwanted attention, especially not in an area like this.

He is well-aware that Vaxis is a reserved person that doesn't talk too much but to think that he is this killjoy. Gong hoped that this won't become a boring mission or his first mission ended up being boring. He will be literally disappointed. An unwanted attention will turn into a wanted one not because Gong wants to, but because of the enemy's reaction once the target faces the two Jurors of the Crusade. Boredom is really not the reason why he joined the Ashlan Crusade. He may thought that they are just some light-side zealots but at least he wanted to contribute to the good of the people in this galaxy that isn't in a typical/mainstream Jedi way or whatever.

"
Today is your true test. You prove yourself here, and you can consider your position among the Jury permanent. In the meantime, just follow my lead. Lets move out."

"You know, if you really wanted to make this quick, at least let me fly. May I?" Gong disliked walking especially if the target escapes the planet at any moment now. The reason why Gong asked permission because he is a newcomer and some sort of an initiate. If he just joined the Ashlan Crusade months ago then he won't need a request from anyone, he will just go using his own way of apprehending the target. For now, he's just following his partner's orders.

5m5qOKV.png

Sirens started blaring in the distance and a police speeder zoomed past her going back the way she had come from, she supposed the patron had been found. Pity, she thought, the last one had taken nearly a day, by which time she was already in hyperspace. She would need to leave today then, but not right away, a bounty hunter once told her, never be on the first ship that leaves a world after a crime.

She turned off the road into the hotel she had been renting a room for the last week while she waited for her target to show up. The people here didn't seem to mind that she didn't give them any details, she supposed that was the sorts of clients they were used to. She needed to collect her stuff, she might have one last drink at the bar and then head to her ship in the early evening. Lots of ships left around then as people returned to their home worlds after conducting business, it would be easy to slip though.

She stopped suddenly as she approached the bar, something felt odd, she couldn't place it but it felt like she was being watched, or that something was seeking her? She shook her head, she was getting paranoid, surrounded by criminals there was no was the authorities would be on to her this quickly. She doubted they would even investigate that hard, what is one more dead gang member.

She was getting closer and closer to Rookal, she had been warned not to pursue him by Barefu, but she had to do this, the hatred for him knawed at her like a rot. If she could kill him, that would give her closure and cleanse her and allow her to move on with her life.

She realised that she had been standing at the bar without saying anything for a moment, she wiped away the frozen tear on her cheek and stretched her arm in the leather that had begun to harden. Thinking about Rookal had caused caused it to begin to freeze. She needed to be so much more careful about getting lost in those thoughts, she still didn't have full control of her cryomancy.

"Barman, a drink please, whiskey, in a clean glass if you've got one, no ice please" at least there was one nice thing about her powers, getting a cold drink without watering it down.

Last edited:

5m5qOKV.png

Vaxis could sense that his companion was feeling rather anxious to get moving. He was young, brash, and entirely too impatient. Yet, there was a sincerity to the man's words that Vaxis appreciated. He still had things to learn, but such lessons would come with time and experience. For now, Vaxis would just take care to keep an eye on the newest member of the Holy Jury. As they approached the hotel, Vaxis could sense that they were drawing close.

"Don't worry, we won't need to go far."

He took a moment to survey the building, checking for potential escape routes for their prey. There were several floors making up the building, and there wasn't a way of telling which route their quarry would take, should they catch wind of the presence of the Jurors. They would have to be quick if they wanted to secure their soon to be prisoner.

"That being said, perhaps your flying will be of use. Take a spin around the building, see if you can find an alternate entrance. I suspect our target will not come quietly."

His gaze fell upon the entrance to the hotel as he mentally prepared for whatever may happen. The orders were to bring this individual in alive, but in Vaxis's experience, things hardly went according to plan when hunting darksiders.

"While you find another way in, I'll be going through the front door. I will do my best to keep them busy until you can get yourself in position. As far as they know, there'll only be one of us. Surprise will be key."

He gave Gong a firm pat on the shoulder before starting for the door.

"May Ashla be with you."

5m5qOKV.png

fullsizephoto917082.jpg
Gong Son, the Great Sage of Atrisia
Equipment: Brown fur coat, black vest with red polkadots collar, Gong Son's saber-hand fan
He just shrugged. He went along with his partner, checking out the building as well. Analyzing its structure, the quantities of its floors and the possible escape routes of the target. His partner then said to find an alternate entrance, enter some sort of a hotel then positioned himself there. In short, Gong is all alone until a commotion will be orchestrated by something or someone. That commotion will be the signal. If this target is surely a dangerous one then apprehending this person will be difficult. The Jurors will be left no choice but to use the Force that'll attract unwanted attention by the locals. His partner, Vaxis, firmly pats on his shoulder before entering the hotel and gave him a common saying within the Ashlan Crusade,
May Ashla be with you.
"Right." He replied back. It's understandable that Gong isn't some light-side hardliner even though he is a light-side user that can harness the dark side. He's not used on being religious, in fact, he never will. He isn't pious, it's already a fact, judging by his personality. That fact is getting exiled by the Wukong order who are too religious on their order's dogma which Gong considers as boring and hypocritical. He is after all, a progressive and a free-thinker.
"I don't even have a God, for edge's sake." He said to himself in a low tone, levitating himself to the building's roof.
He landed on the ground smoothly. He walked towards the door, opened it then closed it. He has entered the hotel via the top floor. He walked downstairs to find the source of the target's force signature which he can already feel it. He just chuckled. Hopefully, this'll be fun.
5m5qOKV.png

Something was definitely up, there was something in the air and the hairs on the back of her neck were standing up. She couldn't explain it but she felt, hunted was probably the word. It was probably time for her to move on. She wondered about going back to her room, but the racing of her heart made her feel that there wasn't time. Everything of value was on her ship anyway, there was nothing in the room other than a few credits and yesterday's dirty clothes. She felt very uncomfortable right now, this was something very new to the young woman.

Mairéad peered through the window out into the street where a lone man stood watching the door, was he waiting for her? Something told her that he was. "Damn," she said aloud to herself, calling over the barman "you recognise that man out there? Is he a regular?"

"No ma'am, not seen his like before, he stands like a lawman though, you in some kind of trouble?"

"Not yet", she said looking again at the man, she just knew in herself that he was here for her, she wished she knew why she knew. "There a back door out of here?" She asked, making sure to add triple the price of her drink to her bill.

"Absolutely ma'am, follow me" she grabbed her belongings, straightened her clothes and stood up to follow. he would lead her through the kitchen and out the staff exit, she got a feeling from the man that this wasn't the first time he had led someone out like this. As she walked by the cloak room, she grabbed a wide brimmed hat and put it on, covering her hair and braids which were a little well kept and of place in this grimy place.

Her anxiety levels were going up, she would never know, but any force sensitives would be able to feel this change, her emotions shone like a beacon which she had never learned to supress.

She hoped she would get out before they came looking for her.

Last edited:

5m5qOKV.png

As Vaxis approached the door, he could feel the target on the move. It seemed that their senses were more attuned than initially anticipated. It was a small matter; Vaxis had apprehended many a keen user of the Force, and refused to come up empty handed. He immediately burst through the door, only to be confronted by a large Gamorrean, who he could only assume was meant to serve as a guard to this establishment. He quickly pushed him back with the Force, sending him back into the front counter.

"Apologies, but I don't have time for such nonsense."

He quickly sent a message to his companion via the commlink within his mask.

<<Vaxis here. We've been made. Target is on the move. See if you can cut them off. I'll be following close behind.>>

Vaxis darted toward the Force signature, attempting to catch up to his quarry before too many eyes were upon him. He pushed his way past staff and patron alike, making way toward the kitchen. Before heading through the door, he took a moment to reach out, seeking the likely path of the target. It took a moment, but eventually he discerned the path of the fleeing fugitive.

<<I have confirmed their location. Follow their Force signature, and see if you can get their attention. If you can distract them long enough, we can get this over with.>>

He was sure that this would be more in line with what his companion had hoped for in this line of work, as it seemed that they were looking for some action. Perhaps that eagerness was what caused the cardinal to enlist Gong Sun into the numbers of the Jury. To be a juror was to seek a thrill, in its own way. Though many had joined in order to better serve Ashla, one could not deny that the thrill of the hunt was a major factor. Perhaps this is what Gong Sun sought, perhaps not. Whatever the reasons, Vaxis was finding himself glad to have the new recruit in the fold. He quickly pushed through the kitchen, attempting to get past the meddlesome staff and to the exit.

Their target was either lucky, skilled, or perhaps both, but could they possibly get away from the combined might of two Jurors? Vaxis quickly put the thought aside, focusing on the task at hand...

They would not return empty handed.

5m5qOKV.png

fullsizephoto917082.jpg
Equipment: Brown fur coat, black vest with red polkadots collar, Gong Son's saber-hand fan
Gong Son finally arrived inside the hotel after two minutes of running down from the stairway. Good thing Gong isn't tired yet. After all, he is the Great Sage of Atrisia. It would be considered a weakness if he just got tired from a petty stairway, right? Gong could feel the target moving as well. He looked around, on the left - he sees a beautiful spiral staircase going down to the first floor; where his partner are at the moment and on his right, is a window. As he was about to go left, his partner messaged him thru his commlink.
<<I have confirmed their location. Follow their Force signature, and see if you can get their attention. If you can distract them long enough, we can get this over with.>>
<<"Got it. Let's make sure we'll give this target of ours a fun game!" an evil chuckle could be heard from Gong before it cuts off.>>
Gong quickly shifts his attention to his right, he sprinted while concentrated to the window at the same time - channeling Force blast, a powerful variation of Force push. Gong blasted the window, destroying it. The glass are shattered into pieces, he quickly covered his face using his right arm while running towards the destroyed window. He jumped and began to fly to the sky using Force flight.
He began to follow the target's Force signature thru sheer speed until he finally saw the fugitive, wearing a wide-brimmed hat - who is walking at full speed. Gong can't tell if she's an Atrisian or not since he is in an altitude, he really has a lot of questions as to why she is able to manipulate ice which is only used by ice clans and the Yamagata people in Atrisia, unless he's wrong. Gong also wondered why she is walking at full speed and is so anxious about something... or someone? Did she finally figured us out? Nevertheless, she's acting this way because she is hunted down which is true. He slowed himself down, levitating himself while following the female fugitive. He reached out to the Force towards the target and tried to address her.
~ "What's with the rush, miss Darksider? I have a lot of questions about you." ~
He landed smoothly in front of Mairead. He turned to face her, eyeing the fugitive from head to toe - realizing that she's not an Atrisian.
"What a Sithspit.." He said in the Atrisian dialect of the Galactic Basic. In Mairead's perspective, Gong typically looks like a rich gangster or an upper class thug from a Zaibatsu clan in Atrisia due to his fashion sense, and he acts like one.
He grab a cigarra in the right pocket of his brown fur coat. He put it on his mouth, then lit it up using his right index finger via pyrokinesis. He then puffs the smoke to the air, eyeing Mairead once again.
"You know, I want to know that-" He took a step forward. "How did you learn ice manipulation? You're no Atrisian." He said in a curious tone, puffing the smoke once again, eyeing her. Gong is prepared to stop her just in case the fugitive is ready to run away from him nor finds an opportunity escape. The Great Sage awaits her response.
5m5qOKV.png

Mairéad stopped as the man dropped down in front of her, her eyes widening, this wasn't the man she saw at the door, this was someone else and he clearly had powers. Who was after her? Was Rookal on to her? Sending at least two bounty hunters for her. They can't have had much to go on. She had checked the bounty boards only yesterday and there was nothing matching her description listed, not even close, other than a couple of vague cases of 'young human woman wanted' posted by people with no idea who they were looking for. With no details, accosting random woman in the street would be a quadrillion to one chance.

No there must be more to this man than a mere bounty hunter. As he spoke, he mentioned ice manipulation, giving her the impression he knew what she was, but what was this Astrisian word? Was that a name for her powers? She wished she could know more, but she was on a deadline.

"Who are you?" She spat out to the man, "what do you want? You have no idea what you are talking about," she tried to bluff "I dont even know what Astrian is? or anything about ice manipulation?" She was practiced at covering her physical emotions to a casual observer, being a slave had taught her that, but her underlying feat would be easy for the Jurors to detect through the force, and the sudden chill in the air as the local temperature responded to her anxiety levels would leave them no doubt.

"Move aside bounty hunter, there might be someone in that bar up to no good but I have got things I need to be doing right now and very little time" she tipped the edge of her had to him, again, masking her emotions only in the physical sense.

She tried to brush past him trying to casually sell the busy and disinterested woman vibe. If he tried to grab her she would fight.

If Gong does decide to grab her arm or something her skin is very cold, her anxiety and fear are already triggering her innate cryomancy and dropping her temperature

fullsizephoto917082.jpg
"Stop krayt-spitting me, woman." Gong said as she tried to bluff, puffing the smoke to the air. He clearly see her lies although he doesn't know why she's covering up her Force powers, shouldn't she be proud of that?
"And it's At-triy-shah, not As-triyan." He said, correcting her although it appears that Gong is mocking her pronunciation of his homeworld's name. "You are butchering my homeworld's name." He said as he shakes his head, pointing his smoked cigarra to her direction.
Before he's going to ask about her ice manipulation powers again, or how she was able to have that kind of power - she tried to do the 'trying to escape' mode by saying she has to go somewhere. Gong isn't buying any of that because he knew what's going to happen anyway. And he doesn't want to fail this task, especially that this is his first ever mission.
"Bounty hunter?" He replied, chuckling a bit - as he blocked Mairead's way.
"I think you've mistaken, miss." There was a pause in the conversation for a moment. "I hate to say this but I don't think I will let you go this easily. Especially that this is my first mission." Gong said sternly. It seems that Gong's aura has changed from being casually friendly into some sort of a determined soldier. He puffed his cigarra one last time before dropping it to the ground, stomping it.
"Former slave, Mairead. By the order of Ashla, you are under arrest for killing several innocent people with vengeance which is a tool to the dark side." Gong summons a fireball on his right hand. "Failure to comply will make you an enemy of the light side."
Gong somewhat cringed and feel cool at himself at the same time. He may not be a light-sider zealot like the rest of the people in the Ashlan Crusade but at least he was just doing his part as a Holy Juror of the Crusade. Just in case things go south and Mairead not complying to the Ashlan Crusade's Miranda warning, he will open fire at the woman. The reason why he's not using his really rare Force cage powers is because there's no fun in it and Gong promised to himself that his first mission will be fun.
5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:

Mairéad stopped when he blocked her path "AT-TRIY-SHAH" she said, slowly and deliberately mimicking her pronunciation, she was good at languages so a simple mimicry was easy. "Better?"

She then listened to him inform her she would be arrested. "So? I kill few murderers and slavers? Did the galaxy a favour, and now I'm the bad guy because what? I didn't use a blaster? Or that you have decided I did it out of vengeance?" She was getting upset but trying to channel it inward so as not to show it. The air was getting colder and colder around her as her emotions began to run away. Gong maybe would have felt the prickle of an icy wind on his skin.

"Who are you to decide why I should want to kill someone, half of these guys had legitimate bounties on the heads? and last time I checked we aren't even in Ashla"

She had been warned of people like this she knew it must be a jedi of some description, people that sought a monopoly on the control of the force and would seek and destroy any people who freely used it. "You know my name, but you have no idea what happened to me, where I have come from? Where were your jedi when I was raised in slavery to be taken and sold as a wife for some filthy hutt" as she said that, the colour appeared to drain from her previously beautiful completion, she was crying but tears had frozen on her cheeks. "You must let me complete my task, I am so close, he can't be allowed to hurt any more girls, please." Her face had frozen tears on it, and her eyes had, if you could hear the sound of her force presence it was sobbing, cold mist was forming on the ground and frost covered the leaves of the dry grass.

The fire in Gong's hand would not extinguish as it was of the force, but Gong would feel it fighting against the almost entirely opposite force of Mairéad taking heat out of the air.

"Let me pass," she said one last time, her voice breaking "please" and she tried to force push him just enough for her to get past, she had no intention of hurting this misguided hunter but she needed to get Rorak IV.

5m5qOKV.png

Vaxis continued to speed his way through the building, pushing through staff and patron alike. Finally, he found the individual that had shown his prey the way out. He took the man by he collar, holding him against the wall as he stared into his eyes from behind his silver mask.

"A woman came through here, not too long ago. Tell me, did she leave through this door?"

The man's expression was surprisingly calm, giving the impression that this wasn't his first time being interrogated. It was, in truth, almost impressive.

"No sir. No one has gone through that door, except for staff."

If it had been anyone else questioning the man, they would have likely fallen for it. His voice never faltered, and his gaze was calm as a still night. Unfortunately for him, Vaxis was not your average interrogator. He felt through the Force, searching for subtle changes within the man's presence within the Living Force. Those subtleties are what ended up betraying him.

"You're lying. Luckily for you, however, you are not the one I am after."

His hand released the man, allowing him to make a break for the door to the bar. Vaxis proceeded out the staff entrance, continuing the hunt for his prey. Eventually, he found the target engaged by Gong Sun. It had appeared that his natural talents were showing themselves. Vaxis had to admit, he was impressed. The Cardinal's reasons for brining this newcomer into the fold were beginning to become clear.

Vaxis only caught the last bit of Mairdred's words as he approached the pair, his hand resting on the hilt of his vibroblade as he listened to their target speak of justice.

"We are not the same Jedi you have become accustomed to. We represent something more, and we are already working to put an end to slavery. But this is not justice. The way of the Bogan places one on a path of revenge."

He wouldn't make his move yet, opting to wait and see how the confrontation would pan out.

5m5qOKV.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom