Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Human Interest

Aldera
Noah Corek Noah Corek
Amani stood with a collection of community leaders, in front of a large band of red tape. It covered the entry arch into a newly constructed park. The intiative had been influenced by Alicio's Sanctuary City, and all the good it had brought to the galaxy's displaced peoples. There was a statue in the center, representing cooperation and goodwill that surpassed superficial boundaries. The park itself was small, but the effort was worth commending. The Organas had no direct involvement in its construction, but as the newest member of the family, Amani took it upon herself to endorse the park, hoping to get more involved in the Alderaanian side of her life.

Each figurehead took their turn addressing the crowd with brief, appreciative speeches. And once they were all done, the novelty-size scissors were handed over to the Countess, who snipped the red tape away, marking the park's official opening. Applause was given, handshakes were exchanged, and the event soon dispersed throughout the park itself. Amani drifted away from the more political mingling, instead watching as kids were already climbing the playground. She found a soft smile at the sight, envisioning her own children one day doing the same.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge

Noah didn't typically make it a point to come to events like this, in fact he often made a rather emphatic attempt to keep himself away from events like this. Admittedly he understood and even respected the need for them but often found them tedious and most importantly boring. But when he had been sitting around the dining room table this morning and ate breakfast with his rather large family he had mentioned the opening of the park, the mention coming from the sizable donations Noah and his two companies, Hekler'Kok Defense Industries and the Galactic Foreign Legion, thad made to the foundation behind it building.

While his older children had been apathetic to it, as one often young men and women in the late teens and early twenties, his two youngest, Alexander and Cahira, being all of eight years old, found the idea of a new park intoxicating. So this was how it came to be that Noah sat on a bench in the park, smiling in spite of himself as he watched his children playing and prance through the park, going from the jungle gym to the slide to the swings with the energy a pair of eight year olds could bring to bear.

Amani idly strode from the sidewalk and into the grass, hoping for a closer look at the actual playground. She passed by a donation box, of which there were a few scattered throughout the park. Each one promised to transfer those funds to charity aimed at helping asylum seekers and refugees in crisis, in alignment with the park's symbolic nature. The mirialan fished a few spare credits from her pocket, and slipped them through the slot, when a familiar silhouette caught her eye.

"...Hey," She approached from the side, getting a better look to confirm her suspicion, "Noah, right? Amani. We met at that aid camp out in the Unknown Regions?" Her smile was a bit sheepish, half-wondering if he actually recognized her, "What brings you here?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah's eyes continued to watch and observe his two youngest children, his eyes also constantly scanned for threats and such but this was a occupational hazard from his time in his chosen profession. As he watched them play at the swings his gaze was broken when he heard a familiar voice to his left. Turning his head towards the voice he smiled when he indeed recognized Amani Serys Amani Serys .

"Of course, Amani Serys right? Or is it Amani Organa now? Or Organa-Serys?" Noah had worn many hats in his time but one he always defaulted to was 'man who has a vast pool of knowledge both benign and otherwise. When she asked why exactly sitting on a bench in a park Noah cocked his chin towards the pair of children at the swings.

If one was to look at the pair they could be distinguished as half at least part of Noah's genetics in them. Cahira was taller for her age, standing a good head above her twin brother and sported a mop of black hair tied into a small bun along with a pair of blue-grey eyes that could've been direct clones from her father. Alexander was about average height and bore a spiky mane of strawberry blonde hair complemented by a pair of amber eyes.

"Those two are what brings me here. My youngest, Cahira and Alexander. They heard about a new park and it was my turn for playtime duty."

"Other way around," Amani made a swapping gesture with her fingers, "Serys-Organa. But I'll technically answer to pretty much any of those," She chuckled, before following Noah's gaze to a pair of children who bore an undeniable resemblance to him.

"Well, you've come to the right place, then," Amani proffered a hand toward the other side of the bench, "Mind if I sit?" She was already moving to do so, sighing contentedly as she found a chance to relax. Her baby bump was much more noticeable now, and she rested a hand on top of it, "Didn't know you lived around Alderaan. Small galaxy."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

Noah nodded his head at the explanation of how she was handling her new/old last. "I can understand that, my kids all respond to one of their family names, just call them their first name followed by Cadera, Feanor or Corek and they'll get the point." He chuckled when she commented on his choice of place. "Didn't have too much of a choice. Personally I never understood the appeal, I grew up in the mid-levels on Coruscant where you didn't really didn't have things like this." He casually gestured to the park in from of them.

When she asked to sit Noah shrugged and smiled. "Hey it's a free planet...you've probably got more of a right to sit here than me." As she went to sit Noah finally noticed her pregnant abdomen and quickly stood to help her gently lower onto the bench. "I see you're starting a family as well...all I can say is good luck, they can be a blessing and a curse depending on their mood."

When the size of the galaxy was mentioned he chuckled. "My home is about thirty kilometers east of the city. Bought a big tract of land, built a decent sized home with a lot of privacy. Alderaan is one of the few worlds you can do that, which is what I like."

"Thank you," Amani said when he stood up to help. She plopped down with a grunt, then chuckled, "So I've heard. We'll be dealing with two at once, so," The mirialan trailed off and shrugged, "Surprised you didn't already know. More surprised I haven't been hounded by paparazzi today. Feels like the whole planet won't stop talking since we made the announcement," The royal family had a… devoted media following on their homeworld. And few headlines were bigger than Organa babies on the way. This had been a nice change of pace, so far anyway. She had been hesitant to even come, afraid that doing so might take away attention from the event's real focus.

"Fair enough," Amani replied, "It's a lovely place to live. Although I'm a bit biased." A slight smile. "Life keeping you busy?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah waved away her thanks with a smile on his face. "No need for thanks, my honor as a father and husband was what made me help. Besides if my wives heard that I didn't help a pregnant woman take a seat I'd be sleeping on the couch for a week." The smile on his face was jovial and warm, a far cry from the determined and hardened face that Amani had first met during that time at the aid camp.

When he heard that she was having twins Noah sniggered and shook his head. "On that I can commiserate with you." He jerked a thumb towards his own set of twins currently playing. "Those two are our THIRD set of twins...thankfully their all fraternal and not identical so it is pretty easy to tell them apart. My advice? Don't treat them the same. I mean sure love and care for them equally but at the end of the day even though they shared a womb they are still separate people."

Noah scoffed when the media following of the Organa family was brought up. "I tend not to listen to that drivel. There is more important and interesting things that I can occupy my time with than the latest gossip and rumors."

At the topic of being busy was brought up Noah raised his hand and made the galactically recognized hand gesture for 'so-so'. "With the Maw and NIO gone there has been less and less demand from independent worlds for weapons and the like, they expect the umbrella of the Alliance to protect them...foolish if you ask me but whatever. Most of my business nowadays is supplying the Rimward Trade League against the Sith. As for my work with the Legion? It's mostly contracts like the one we worked when you and I met, nothing glamorous but it's work. How has your work been affected by your pregnancy? I heard through the grapevine that you're the NJO's Chief Healer and a member of the Council..."

"No need for thanks, my honor as a father and husband was what made me help. Besides if my wives heard that I didn't help a pregnant woman take a seat I'd be sleeping on the couch for a week."

Amani chuckled and shook her head, "Just take the damn 'thank you', Noah," She sighed and reclined against the seat, her eyes widened slightly at the mention of all the twins he had, "Really? Is anyone in your family Force-sensitive?" The mirialan studied the children he had pointed out, "There's a correlation between Force-sensitivity and the chance of twins or triplets."

Noah gave her the brief rundown of his work since. Amani blinked at his mention of the Alliance but said nothing, then nodded when he brought up her own work, "That's correct. Obviously I'm not cleared to go on any dangerous missions, but I've been focusing a lot on my medical duties and humanitarian work. Those things weren't too impeded at first, but the further I get along in my pregnancy, the more my work time gets cut down. I'd like to be able to do more, but, the babies come first," She smiled faintly, "I've got good staff in the Halls of Healing. They've picked up my slack without so much as a peep, and I trust them to do good work. Still kinda feel bad about it sometimes though."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

When his inability to take a thanks was brought up Noah simply shrugged with a smile on his face. "In my family doing the right and polite thing was always just expected, never really was thanked for it." When the topic of family force sensitivity was brought up Noah nodded. "On my side? No, pure and unadulterated Mandalorian heritage. My wife Alex? Oh yeah, force user through and through. Pretty damn strong in it. My other wife Yasha? No force sensitivity whatsoever, so for us its always been a crap shoot with whether the children will be force sensitive." Noah laughed when Amani brought up the force sensitivity and twin/triplet correlation. "Now you tell me huh? Well thankfully it has only ever been twins...I know someone having triplets and I feel for them."

Noah followed her lead and leaned back against the bench, throwing an arm up on the back of it. He chuckled at her mention of her medical duties and shook his head. "Sorry for laughing...you just remind me of my sister. She's a doctor and during her pregnancy with my niece she sounded the exact same. Worried she wasn't doing enough, wanting to help out more and guilty her staff was having to pick up the slack." The smile on his face continued to linger as he observed his children once again, his eyes never leaving them as he spoke with Amani, ever the dutiful and protective father.

Amani nodded in understanding. The Force worked in mysterious ways. It was a metaphysical aura capable of physics-defying magic, and yet many of its aspects were also researchable, measurable. Genetics evidently played some role in its presence, but it wasn't the only factor. It inspired her both scientifically and theologically.

Noah laughed when Amani regaled her woes at work, and she smiled somewhat confusedly. He explained quickly enough, and she shook her head, "Sounds like we'd get along then," Her and his sister. The mirialan watched the playground, envisioning her own kids laughing and running around. She didn't want things to rush, but at the same time she couldn't wait for the day she saw it come to life.

"Can't complain too much I guess. It's nice being able to live without worrying about the war creeping up on us. Peacetime lets me focus on new things. New projects. And family." It was, after all, part of why they decided to try for kids now.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Being a mostly agnostic man Noah believed that there was indeed some type of higher power or such that influenced the galaxy but he was always more concerned with the here and now and kept these thoughts to himself...well unless someone got preachy and then he was more than willing to debate them on the topic...physically in the need arose.

He caught Amani's confused expression and winced internally when he understood why, mentally noting to explain himself better in the future. "Yeah you could both commiserate on how I'm a fool or a dunce...hmm maybe you would get along just fine with my wives as well then." Though didn't express it Noah's face was currently plastered with a grin that she could understand as joking.

When the discussion of peace came up Noah nodded. "Reminds me of an old Mandalorian proverb, 'Only a warrior can truly appreciate peace.' My mom always use to say that whenever I would anxious and wanted to do something when I was younger...never understood it till I was much older."

As soon as he finished speaking his eyes caught the two of his offspring as they marched over, the smaller boy hanging of his much taller sisters shoulder, the height disparity between the two of them being clearer as the two of them approached. Stopping in front of their father they both darted their eyes over to his companion. "Don't be rude you two...introduce yourselves." The young man quickly clambered down from his sisters shoulder and trotted up to Amani. "My name is Alexander...what's yours?" If her ear was keen enough Amani would notice the slight lisp in the boys words. The girl grimaced slightly and slid towards the woman a little more hesitantly. "My name is Cahira."

"Reminds me of an old Mandalorian proverb, 'Only a warrior can truly appreciate peace.'

Amani hummed knowingly. It seemed apt— Having seen the horrors of war firsthand, she had a much greater appreciation for the quiet moments and times of peace. All the more reason to make the most of this time while they had it. The next war was a matter of when, not if. One way or another, a new threat would inevitably arise to try and destabilize the status quo.

Amani's eye caught the two figures heading their way. It was Noah's kids, who stopped in front of them and glanced her way. She offered them a small but kindly smile, "It's nice to meet you both. I'm Amani," She nodded at them, then at the playground, "Are you two enjoying the park?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
The twins looked at Amani, Alexander smiling and Cahira looking a little nervous and reserved talking to the woman they didn’t know. Of course being the outgoing of the pair Alexander was the one who spoke. “Hi Amani, your name is very pretty and so is your hair! I like the park, the swings the most cause ‘Hira is really strong and she can push me real high even though moms and dad tell her not to.”

Noah smiled at his youngest son while he reached for the younger girl who opened her arms immediately to snuggle against her father. Wrapping his arms around his daughter he stroke her hair gently while he patted her back to relax her. “It’s alright sweetheart. Amani is nice, she’s a doctor like your auntie. She also helped me stop some bad men awhile ago.” At his words his daughter peaked out from her fathers chest and reached a hand over to Amani for a handshake.

Amani brushed fingers through her hair responsively, "Well thank you," She chuckled, "I'm glad you're having fun." Her attention turned to the girl next, who was a bit more hesitant about speaking to the stranger. Noah coaxed her out of it enough thought for Cahira to offer a handshake, which Amani reciprocated.

"Heya. Cahira, right?" She asked softly, "Having fun at the park?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

Noah chuckled at the outgoing nature of his youngest son and reached out, ruffling the young child's raven hair before patting the bench next to him for his son to sit. The boy puffed his cheeks out indignantly at the ruffling before taking his father's lead and climbing onto the bench and sitting, swinging his feet as he stared at nothing in general.

Noah smiled when Cahira was able to come out of her shell enough to give Amani a handshake, pressing a kiss to the top of his daughters head to help her relax. When Amani asked her name Cahira gave a nod and a bit of a smile to the stranger. "Yeah...people just stare. They think I'm older cause I'm too tall." At this Noah smiled sadly before kiss the top of her head again. "You're not too tall 'Hira, you've just got a lot of your mom in you." He turned towards Amani to explain. "My wife is Epicanthix so Cahira is taller than most other kids her age."

Amani smiled softly, "Nothing wrong with being tall. I know a lot of kids who would be jealous," The explanation made all the more sense, "That sounds about right. I've met other Epicanthix before." She shrugged, "But hey, there's a lot of people who look different out in the galaxy." Here on Alderaan, Amani herself stood out a bit, thanks to her green skin. Obviously, the majority of Alderaanians were human.

"How's school going?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

Amani's platitudes about her height was successful in making Cahira relax a bit, detaching herself from her father's and instead sitting cross-legged on his lap, the young girl still small enough to fit there but not for much longer. "It's...nice being tall sometimes. I can help Xander reach things he can't..." The words spoken by the twin caused a harumph from the other twin sitting next to his father, Noah moving to console his son with a pat to the head followed by ruffling his hair.

When the subject of school was brought up both the children beamed. "School's nice. I'm good at math and history. Xander is better at science and writing though...it's a lot easier than what mom, mom and dad teach us though..."

"There ya go," Amani gestured a hand when Cahira ackolwdged the perks of her height, "I think I'm done growing, myself. Stuck asking my husband to reach the top shelf," A chuckle.

Both kids seemed to be enjoying school, which was nice to hear. A solid education system went a long way, "That's good. I'm glad. What are your parents teaching you?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

Cahira's smile grew wider and she became visibly more relaxed as she sat and talked with Amani. "I asked daddy how tall I would grow...he said between him and mommys height...which is REALLY tall. My mommy is even taller than you." That was a massive understatement considering that Noah's wife stood a good head and a half taller than him.

When the question was brought up on what her parents taught her it took Cahira a few seconds to formulate what exactly they were being taught. "The same stuff as school and some Mandalorian stuff and some Jedi stuff. My other mommy was a Jedi so she teaches us to move stuff and things and even hear thinkings."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom