Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hugs and Chisses

Lorane woke up wheezing. That was not normal at all, but it probably had something to do with the fact that he'd been coughing up blood for most of the ride to Csilla. Muunilist was definitely not an experience he was eager to repeat. Not because of the killing, but because of the amount of injury both he and Rawnie had suffered.​
Of course, his injury was entirely physical, while hers was more on the psychological end of things. His absolute refusal to let her go back on the ground after the mess in the mines had been the right thing. He was sure of it. Either way, they were lucky to have gotten clear before the place had gone up in flames. At that thought, he gave Rawnie a little squeeze, ignoring the dull pain in his chest.​
[member='Jessie Volt'] [member='Rawnie Tal'verda']​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Rawnie was awake. Fully awake, but pretending very hard to be fast asleep. Honestly, she'd hardly managed sleep since that horror show that was Muunilist. She saw things in her sleep. Faces. People. She watched her bullets tear through people who knew nothing, who just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. But orders were orders. And Rawnie was a good soldier. Just like her father. Just like Cali-

Her partner woke up gasping. She rolled over, face full of concern. Never mind the still healing injury to her leg. His was much, much worse.

"Lor'ika?"

[member="Doctor Azure"]

[member="Doctor Azure"] [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

The old family home was quite a sight... well if you cared about that. With a look at her parents Serenna crossed her arms looking out on the planet while she wore a tank top and kept the utility belt that Sky had given her. The major look around she usually got gone from the people ever since she had returned and well put her training to use. Focusing on persuasion and convincing others to leave her alone and avoid eye contact with her. That she refused to wear a saber helped a lot as she touched the circlet for creating an environmental shield she could protect herself with and the synthetic healing cubes that were used less and less despite being as strong as the ancient artifact. It made her roll her eyes while running a hand through her hair she was letting her neck be exposed for a moment walking back inside.

Lor shook his head a little as the wheezing began again. It was fairly clear that he wasn't in any real danger, but he still pulled a small towel up to his face to cough a bit of dried blood into. At least that meant he probably wasn't still bleeding. Dropping the towel back on the ground, he hugged Rawnie up to his chest again.​
"I'm fine, visahot. Just, um... distract me a little, okay? My chest is hurting."
[member="Jessie Volt"] [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Distract? How was she supposed to distract? When she was this worried?

"Well.... Oh, hey! We're heading back to your home world soon, right?"

A trip Rawnie had been looking forward to for months. She'd finally get to see his world, meet his people, see just exactly how much they thought she was a filthy outsider. Oh, she could not wait for the looks. But then there was his sister that she was supposed to be meeting too! How exciting was that?

[member="Doctor Azure"] [member="Jessie Volt"]

[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member="Doctor Azure"]

The house was still really quiet as she walked in from the balcony outside, sitting on the large couch while she stretched out her arms and with a foot grabbed the holoremote tossing it and grabbing with the force as she pulled it to her hand. Turning on the holonews while reports of attacks were coming with a healthy dose of spin for the local government. The people talking in the corner were some form of political party that hadbeen forming over the values and views brought when the sith came... It was very headache inducing while the one tried to make jokes but was failing and another just seemed like an airhead saying she culd see Coruscant from her house.

Lor smiled at Rawnie as she began talking to him. The enthusiasm right now might've been forced, but he'd remembered how happy she was with the idea of meeting Serenna and talking to her future sister-in-law.

"Yeah. We're really close, actually. Maybe a half hour away, at the most."

[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member="Serenna"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Her enthusiasm was a bit over the top, but that did not mean that at least some of it was genuine. She'd get to meet this sister of his, the one he spoke of so often. He said there was only one other person in the Galaxy that really loved him, and that was her. Serenna. Anybody who loved her Lorane couldn't be so bad.

"I bet you're really excited to be going home, aren't you?" She moved to run her fingers through his midnight black hair, smiling. "Excited to see your sister again?"

It was really hard work being this pleasant with this little sleep. She was still getting flashbacks...

[member="Doctor Azure"] [member="Serenna"]

[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member="Doctor Azure"]

Listening to the music on the mucis holochannel had Serenna dancing around a little to herself. She wasn't really enjoying it but there was synth music and it was lder... they had accents as she watched a man dance in a field with a midget while waving his hands. She kept her attention on some of the things there as well before getting some food and as the song finished decided to go and take a shower while she had no one else in the house.

The fingers running through Lor's hair made him smile. He knew how hard Rawnie was trying, since he'd literally asked her to distract him a moment ago. His hand ran through her hair in return, holding her a bit closer.​
"Of course I'm excited to see Serenna. I wanna talk to her, and I want her to meet the woman I'm gonna marry."
He nuzzled her neck a little bit, his hand slipping down her back.​
"Let's drink some coffee. We'll both feel better."
[member="Serenna"] [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Oh good. Coffee. Their drink of choice always. With how little sleep she'd been getting, coffee was an absolute must. She got up immediately, wincing slightly as she put pressure on her still injured leg.

"Stay put, Lor," she ordered, "Let me get it."

She turned and went for the kitchen before he had time to protest. If he followed her, she'd be sure to punch him hard in the arm. If he was fine enough to do something stupid like walk to the kitchen just for coffee, then he was well enough for a punch to the arm!

[member="Doctor Azure"]

As much as the commanding tone Rawnie spoke with was well, commanding, the decision to not get up right now was mostly made by the ache where his ribs were probably rubbing against their proper places, but not quite staying there. Besides, he kind of liked it when she did that. Taking charge.​
So, he laid there, feeling his breathing steady again as he waited for his fiancee to come back with the coffee. He almost laughed at how weird that thought would've sounded to him just a month or two ago. Who had he ever been in love with? Nobody, as far as he could tell.​
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member="Serenna"]​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Once it finished brewing, Rawnie had to actually push herself up from where she had been leaning heavily against the counter. It still hurt. Lorane said the bullet hadn't hit the bone at least, so healing shouldn't be too complicated. Just another scar to add to a long list of them. Hardly any of them on her face though, oddly enough. She supposed her helmet took most of the abuse. Not that she cared much. Girl like her couldn't afford to be vain.
She poured the coffee into two mugs, stirred in sugar and cream, then limped back to the bedroom. Slowly. She wasn't going to be stupid about this. If she hurt herself again, Lorane wouldn't be able to help her much with the condition he was in.

It's really my own fault...

"Lorane? Here-" she sat back down on the bed, passing his mug over to him, "It's really hot. Be careful."

[member="Doctor Azure"][member="Serenna"]

Lor slowly took the coffee from Rawnie's hand, drinking a bit and sighing as the hot liquid burned through the dried blood in his throat. He finally managed to prop himself up into a sitting position and smiled weakly at his fiancee.​
"You really shouldn't worry so much, visahot. It's bad for your health."
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
"And you shouldn't try to protect me so much. It's bad for your health," she echoed back, nodding down to his bruised chest.

She took one sip of coffee, when an alarm pinged. Oh! Time already. She stood up shakily, setting the cup aside.

"Guess that means we're here. Want me to bring us in, or do you need to put in some kind of clearance code for us?"

Some worlds were more secure than others. Some let you just land wherever, like Tattoine. Some were a good bit more picky, like Naboo. She had a feeling this one was one of the latter.

"Yeah. Guess my bad habits haven't gone away."
Lor downed the rest of his coffee and slowly pushed himself up off the bed. There were security codes he needed to put in to land at the palace, even if Serenna was already there. He pulled on a shirt without buttoning it and gestured towards the cockpit.​
"Couple of things I need to do so nobody shoots us down. Might as well get dressed, anyway."
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
"Let me help you."

She hurried over to assist him, as fast as her injury would allow. Usually it was the opposite. Her taking his clothes off, rather than putting them back on. Her hands went to the front of his shirt to help him button. Rather useless, really. But she had to do something to help him. She felt so responsible for his injury. If she hadn't been so damn stubborn, he wouldn't have gotten hurt. Her stupid pride.
But why didn't he just leave her behind? She knew he loved her, but there was a certain point where it was alright to just leave her to die. He had to know that, or one of these days they would both get killed.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

It didn't, of course, occur to Rawnie that Lor had gotten himself hurt. It would've been quite easy, albeit less destructive, to stand back and shoot things with his pistols. But he'd been angry enough to jump into the fight like that, and he'd gotten a sufficient amount of pain in return to ensure a more calculated kind of stupidity, next time. When his fiancee had finished buttoning his shirt up, he pulled her into a hug. He'd been seriously afraid that she'd get hurt, and he actually felt less concerned about his own injury than if it'd been Rawnie.​
"Calm down, okay? Nothing's gonna happen to me."
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
He pulled her into a hug and she gingerly hugged him back, ever wary of his injury. She put her head against his shoulder.

"No. It won't. Because I won't let anything happen to you."

It was a promise. She'd protect him to her last breath. After a moment, she let go.

"Come on, Cyar'ika. Time for me to meet my new sister-in-law."

[member="Doctor Azure"]

As Rawnie said it, Lor was thinking the exact same thing. He wouldn't let anything happen to her. She probably would've been angry at him for saying anything to the effect, but his assumption was that any situation where one of them was about to die, it would be likely that they both would. Shaking that thought away, he took her hand and not-so-subtly brought her to lean on him so she didn't put as much weight on her injured leg.​
"Heh. Wonder if she knows we're coming."
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member="Serenna"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom