Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many characters ya'll got? Whats your Favorite one?

Karin Dorn will always be my favourite, but not SWRP Karin Dorn, the Council of Gungans Karin Dorn.

As with [member="Sarge Potteiger"] I also did the 'us in the Star Wars universe' thang with me, the glorious Louise Simpson although I didn't carry over to here with her, so y'know she's either dead or got back home and left Sarge behind (she totes did).

But before that, there was....KARIN DORN. OG Karin had my face and was coincidentally a seventeen year old girl with braces (much like me at the time) and her existence was purely to be meta, the most meta. Dropping tropes everywhere with a slow awareness approaching that she was in fact a fictional character. Of course, this drew many many Deadpool comparisons and has now left me with a bitter hatred for Deadpool, who I still to this day refuse to read.

Of course, given that people didn't want their characters to go through the trope savvy criticism machine she wasn't a popular creation to RP with (also who wants to romance somebody with such well...an average face among the throng of supermodels?) and well, she was changed. The end.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Then you just wait until she comes back for you and you're so emotionally karked up you can't even remember her face! THEN THE FEELINGS WILL BE EVERYWHERE. ON THE FLOOR ON THE CEILING.

"But Sarge, only three years have passed."

BWAAAAM.

[member="Colap Ticon"]

I do have a few, but I rarely play them out properly or for a long duration unfortunately. Either the muse dies or the time restraints bite me in the arse unfortunately.

Isoroku Shima was the first one I wanted to do somewhat properly. Guy was a naval commander whose political/social philosophy was one of traditionalism and isolation, in a newly discovered world where the tides of time were drastically changing everything around them. [member="Popo"] had one of his old crazy ideas for a world and world domination plans involving Asahi, also known as "What if Shogunate Japan ruled an entire world and got into space." I had a lot of fun looking at all the armadas he created, and his plan for naval combat pertaining the planets fleet, but unfortuanetly it kinda died off for him, and thus, for me as well.

Then came Alice Red, my attempt at playing a background character of sorts. I didn't quite knew what I wanted to do with her at the start, truth be told, but I found a small niche rather fast for her in the Imperial Nationalist Party. Unfortunately, the thing died off after they botched up a thread and activity died down for it, at which point I offered to take the lead because I loved the idea of the faction too much. So came into existence the National Front, what I planned on being a political front between senators within the Republic. Had a few things hashed out, such as plans to get the name out, a political manifesto, even some interested people of renown, such as [member="Fatty"], but unfortunately due to time restraints and me making several PR blunders, my motivation and ideas for the faction died. I apologize to [member="Evad"] for continuously delaying our threads together with this character, due to my bull and several RL issues, and to [member="Fatty"], [member="Beowoof"] and [member="Aurelio Murtix"] for leaving them dry like this.

Alexander Nester was my contribution to the Imperial Remnants. I didn't expect much from him other than to help them out and learn a bit more about ground combat, but from back room talks with @Camellia's bloody plans regarding my future, I am genuinely looking forward to how I can play out a fucked up person with a broken mind.

Then there's this guy, who I want to use to get myself accustomed to the market and factory. Bussiness man mostly, ain't got much planned for him as of the moment besides affiliating with the Red Ravens and making my character sheet a bit more unusual and obtuse under the form of a magazine.

All in all, so far, I have done more creating the characters, and truthfully had more fun making them, than playing out. Still enjoy it too much to give up, and the shenanigans that happen on the board keep me here.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Probably had about 10 characters so far across a dozen SW forums over the years. Here on CHAOS,

• Karen Roberts: PvP character. Had a simple story across 2 factions. It was fun but I'm glad it's over.
  • Sam Jhovna: Went a more social route here and didn't get the results I honestly had in mind. Placed in a box shortly afterwards.
  • Jerry Mars: Went back to my more traditional approach and getting better with it. Still needs something though.
  • Teryn Ranoir: A carry over from a more meta time elsewhere. He's great when I want to write something completely un-Star Wars'y.
  • Flint Pherson: Had a good Naval Career and retired on top. Easily the most complete character I've ever finished.

I have essentially one character. I tried to make another, Ashi Hettir, but I couldn't find myself to not stick with Silara/Sinna. I suppose she's sort of become me, or I her? Well, I've become very invested in this character, someone who has repeatedly gotten close to people and was then promptly pushed away for what appeared to be no real reason - probably because they couldn't take that she was a Sith, a sorry excuse if you ask me - with each time pushing her further to the dark side. I guess once I got to the point of no return was the point that I decided she was my favorite character. I guess I like Silara because I created her in a natural "who would I like to be", rather than "what is the best", way, in that she sort of evolved into what is now a complex character that I can say shares my obsessive nature. You know, just amplified to unhealthy levels.

And for some reason I get lost in my posts with her and can put out emotion and thoughts that I would otherwise be unable to put into words with someone else, it all just feels more natural. The moment Silara discovered her sister [member="Maja Vern"], for example, was a very emotional moment for her, and because I had some sort of connection with my character, it was easier to convey those feelings correctly.

I've had possibly a dozen characters over the years, but, more recently I've had to restrict myself to 2 or 3 because of limited writing time (RL stuff)

Jon is my oldest, most evolved and probably my favorite. He started out as reluctant pirate at TGU and grew from there.
Aiden is my second oldest. He's a Jedi/archaeologist/Hapan. He's a real sweetheart.
Philip is my conflicted sith.
Gregory is a former CORSEC SAIC and is now a private investigator

Currently I've got 4 characters: Thurion, [member="Thyrian Ashborn"] (his brother), [member="Thrand Dawnbringer"] (their father), and recently [member="Nina Heavenshield"] (Thurion's adopted daughter).

Thurion is obviously my favourite, as he's my very first character on this site, and forum RP in general seeing how Chaos was my first attempt at it. Turned out pretty well, I must say. ^_^

The name 'Thurion Heavenshield' is one I've used for over a decade, ever since the days of Baldur's Gate where I would name my Paladin it. The idea for Thurion on this site was at first just to accommodate [member="Kära Vi'dreya"] as she couldn't stop talking about this RP site she'd joined and how great it was. Her Jedi, Asha Seren, could use another padawan, and so I caved in and made a 7-year-old boy with blonde hair and blue eyes, much like myself IRL. It was a nice spin on things, as prior to joining the site Kära's writer and I would RP on Star Wars: The Old Republic, where I (Thurion) was the master and she (Asha) was the padawan.

After a lot of character development, he's now 20 years older and a Jedi Master in his own right, with an adopted kid ([member="Nina Heavenshield"]) and lately a fiancée ([member="Coci Sinopi"]).

A close second would have to be Thurion's older brother, Thyrian, who's also seen a lot of development over the past year since his creation. His backstory was that he saved Thurion from the fire which claimed his own life, and his charred remains were later found and taken to Dromund Kaas where through heavy use of experimental technology and alchemy he was forged into a being made entirely of fire and ash, hence the name. He possessed only brief glimpses of his former life as a young boy, and verged on becoming a raving lunatic had it not been for Kära Vi'dreya (again), who at age 10 was knighted(!) and took him on as her apprentice and bodyguard. She basically tamed him and made him her protector, and his entire life then revolved around her.

At the time of the Skirmish of Togoria, his body was falling apart due to, basically, reaching its expiration date. He got one last hurrah in sacrificing himself to protect his master, who he had come to genuinely love at this point, by fighting off a Jedi Knight ([member="Vexander Graves"]) long enough for her to escape. His body was then again recovered and brought back to life by the Dark Lord of the One Sith (at the time an NPC), this time as a human. He still serves his master to this day, even though he sees little use nowadays due to Kära's writer being sadly abscent.

So while his brother has lead the most interesting life so far, I'm still going with the character that started it all for me. All my other characters have always revolved around him, and likely always will.

I have three on SW Chaos, but this character (the Chiss) is the only one I seem to have the muse for, out of those three.

I honestly love characters with major flaws, and it's a trope in and of itself, but I love writing/playing characters against type. So if I play a good-looking character, they usually have some major flaws (social anxiety, stupidity, a physical limitation). Or I'll play a funny, charismatic or powerful character but he/she is ugly or at least not considered beautiful by human standards. Like the orc I play in Shadowrun.

I'm not sure I actually do put much of myself into my characters. I'm sure I do in some way that I haven't quite analyzed, but I make characters through the lens of projection. Trying to put myself in the head of someone very different from myself.

I've got 7 characters, and I plan on keeping it at seven for a while, now of course that doesn't mean I can't change some characters along the way though. My favorite so far is Adenn, mainly because I have put more work into him than my other six chars, which I need to work on soon.

On another site, I had essentially this dude, a pilot, a general, and 10 other generals that each had their own personality, and a jedi. Couldn't keep it up, it burned me out and I felt it degraded from my process of writing Rev...my favorite character.

Rev is my favorite mostly because I've developed a method of logically relating to him and his idiosyncrasies (blame it on the INTJ). It makes developing him, as a character, that much more interesting as I often find myself thinking "If I was a Sith, and had accepted this sort of state, how would I respond to that?" It probably helps that I've been writing Rev since 2007. He's...part of me.

Jan VonFowl

Part-Time Party Crasher
Let's see...

I've got:

Cross, Zatten, Cobalt, Jan, Morrigan, Bond, Evard, Malachite, and Zothan.

Cross is my absolute favorite. Sure, he's a drunk, grinning, maniac, but he's the deepest character I've ever written. Love, war, rage, fleets, Hapans, Zeltrons, and the reddest hair in the galaxy. Malachite's the most fun to write, though, seeing as he only has personal loyalty to people, rather than any sense of loyalty to an ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom