Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you feel about a map reset?

How do you feel about a Map Reset?

• Total voters

sabrina

[member="Fatty"] I guess you have a point, on the minor faction owning a planet never thought about admin of it. Though I was figuring it could tie into rebellions. If they had ic justification to that planet in the first place.

Seguidor Oculto de la Verdad
I'm actually surprised there is not a mad rush of plotting. You think that people would be gearing their new faction ideas with a possible map reset on the horizon.

[member="Darth Kentarch"]
It may or may not be because we don't know if it is going to happen, and depending on the galactic event, some amount of us may even die.

Now if it does happen, I have a fair idea of what my plans may morph into, but I'm not going to go that way until it becomes clear to both myself and my character that it is a better plan than what I have working for me now.

Seguidor Oculto de la Verdad
[member="Darth Vitium"]. True enough. The only bad part is having to wait, I hope this does not kill interest for invasion threads when the spheres are reset.

sabrina

[member="Tefka"] It does effect a few parts of my planning, when would we know either way. This is purely curiosity, so me a few others can make the plans.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
I've been refraining from posting in this thread because most of my opinions have already been posted by other people, but I just had a thought.

If we do a map reset, can we please not bring back Alderaan? Please?

I'm not sure why Alderaan was even brought back in the first place honestly, what is there to restore of an asteroid field in the most notable total annihilation of a planet the galaxy has ever seen (OOC and IC)? I'd feel like having like, a memorial would be made there but not a full on new planet, lol

But that's kinda irrelevant I think :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Tefka"]

Why does the Map even exist?

Got a question for ya. What was the point of the Map in the first place? Ya know, like the ultimate goal. In your mind. And I ask that because, everyone I talk to seems to believe it serves a different purpose. Their purpose. If they're a Major Faction, the Map means dominance, or winning, or losing, or creating real IC drama without plotting, or simply just an oppurtunity to provide PvP for their member base. Or maybe it's just become an annoyance all together.

If you take a Minor Faction, the map might mean being ignored. Pros and cons. If you take an individual it means hosting their RP on safer ground, owned locations, and avoiding, or encouraging, certain repercussions from Major Factions and groups of writers. Pros and cons.

What I'm trying to say is: If we could have your perspective on why the Map existed in the first place? We as a community might better be able to relate to each other, and to your opinion in general.

About Popularity

With that question in mind, let me continue. I know that this is a community site. It's your site Tef. Yes. But you also seem to know that the people, the community, make the game. Popularity creates the illusion.

So when I ask: Why does the map even exist? I'm not asking for you to trump the community and create an overriding purpose to guide all our writing efforts. No. I'm just asking for your personal perspective on why the Map was seen as a good idea in the first place. I'm just asking for a little history.

So yeah. Answer or don't. It's all good. Just food for thought. Cheers. :D

[member="Tefka"] Oh I knew that, I just thought it sounded tedious for an advanced pre-apocalyptic galactic sized civilization to pick destroyed words and put them peice by peice back together.

That's merely my opinion however :p

Fatty said:
I just thought it sounded tedious for an advanced pre-apocalyptic galactic sized civilization to pick destroyed words and put them peice by peice back together.
Did you mean "unrealistic"?

If so, I totally agree.

Please, let's start a debate on what's unrealistic and realistic on a Star Wars role-play forum. It would be way more entertaining than clearing up questions about why the map exists, when the answer to that question is self-evident.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

So without reading 12 pages of debate, have we considered having every mapped faction simply removing x% of hexagons from their domain? Could be something like 75%. That would mean that the factions still have some general shape and size that they are familiar with but would allow for a big site-wide shakeup.

[member="Isaac Ideus"]
I think that, if the idea of a map reset were to be accepted, then we would talk about how it would occur, in which case I am a strong proponent of a soft reset (which is really just a bastardization of the english language to say "reduction" rather than total recall reset.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom