Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you: Ethnicity? (Answered)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I've got this guard captain in my story. He's Samoan. Well... I mean. He would be if he lived on earth. But in a galaxy far, far away. He's just another human male of large stature and dark skin. Andd... yeah. That's about where I left it.

I admit. I was tempted to just grab the picture of the American Football player that inspired the description and start getting really, really specific with his features, his accent, and his all-imposing cultural style. But I've never done that before. Not even for a one-eyed Ithorian Botanist. So I ask myself? Man. There has got to be an easier way.

How do I: Ethnicity? :(

The thing about SW, like many fantasy/Sci-fi universes is....it dosen't matter.

We've got people who play millennia old droids, species from the depths of people's imaginations. There's even a massive peacock running around. Having a Samoan wandering around...it's just so not an issue.

As long as you didn't make a point of playing negative stereotypes, then I'd think nobody would ever even bat an eyelash.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Horus said:
Treat them like any other character
Probably.

HK-36 said:
HK has the thickest Eastern European accent you've ever heard
How are you still single then?

Valiens Nantaris said:
[member="Jay Scott Clark"]
I don't fully understand what you're asking.
Trying to take something very, very simple, drafting it, deleting it, and then over-complicating it with writer's block. The usual.

Drystan Talroth said:
As long as you didn't make a point of playing negative stereotypes, then I'd think nobody would ever even bat an eyelash.
Nah. I was just trying to describe a character who's culturally dominate presentation doesn't exist in the Star Wars universe. Then I realized that was dumb.

Oh! I understand now.

Well then, make one up. That's one of the things I love about the SW universe, is that there are so many planets and cultures that if you can make one convincingly, nobody will think it's odd at all. Drystan is literally a space elf, after all.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

I'm pretty sure Donnie Yen in the new movie is as Oriental as it gets: cloak, accent and staff. Also because the Atrisians are non-canon now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And Mother Talzin is super Romanian, the voice actor was going for that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom