Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After the events of Exodus Crash, before the events of Exodus Crash: A New Dawn

x7K6md.png

To say that she was exhausted would have been an understatement. The Sithling, who could now add Former Queen of Eshan to her list of various titles, had been stuck beneath the rubbles of what had not until too long ago been the Palace of Eshan. It had been by pure luck she'd survived the collapse of the Palace at all; when she'd taken up the throne room, she had no idea it would be any sort of fortified. How did the saying go? The Force bleeds as the Force wills?

But oh, she had bled. Her entire body was covered in various cuts and bruises, and parts of the broken bride were still lodged in her flesh. She had not initially felt the pain, no; that had come during the countless hours of waiting, when the communications had been down, when she had no idea whether anyone would bother to come and dig her out in time. And with all the wounds she had gathered and received, she had waded through sewer water filled with feces and Force knew what else. Infections were probably setting in. Antibiotics would have to be taken. And to make it worse, she stank. Poop water did not dry in the scent of flowers and perfume.

And yet none of that had mattered. Madalena had not been alone; there had been other people fighting beside her, top among them being the Dominus Prime, [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"]. She had last seen him jumping into the river and tossing her lightsaber back to her, and after that amongst all the mayhem… She had lost him. She hadn't even considered that something bad might have happened. He was the Dominus. Had the training and the experience. Why would anything really bad happen?

Only it had. No one gave her the full detail of what had occurred, only that Cardinal was now in one of the medical camps. As she was neither kin nor spouse, and ranked beneath him in the Confederate hierarchy, that was all she was going to get.

Or so they thought.

It had taken no time to strip the informant of the information she waned. He himself hadn't known too much, but he knew where.

And an hour later, Madalena was standing next to the bed they'd placed Cardinal on, and she kicked it. Not hard enough to break it, but enough to draw attention. "Wake up!" she yelled at him in all her glorified feces smell, "wake up now!"

I am a son of the Mountain.
83qSlm0.gif

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Eshan. The world would forever ring failure to the Dominus Prime. The Confederacy had come to liberate the world and it had been done, however for all victories there was a cost. Cardinal had paid his cost in blood and Sweat, several times over. He'd been beaten, burned, slashed, and broken to the point where the medical officers were not sure he would survive. Were it not for the natural healing factor his blood had blessed him with, he would have surely fallen to his wounds by now. Instead, his tattered body was mending, albeit slowly.

Following the liberation of Eshan, hundreds of mobile medical centers were set up on the planet's surface. They were erected to bring aid to this broken planet and her people, along with those of The Confederacy who had suffered from this catastrophe.

Cardinal, due to his condition and the fact he held the rank of Dominus Prime of the Knights Obsidian, had been given his own tent and an actual doctor, as opposed to a crowded cot and some medical droid. Had he been conscious when this came to pass he would have declined it, but he had long since fallen from consciousness. Now the man sat silently in the tent, a good majority of his body wrapped in a light blue bandage, several parts of it growing a sickly shade of red. He'd enjoyed a few hours of sleep before his pain forced him awake. After that he'd merely slipped into a deep meditation so he could hasten his healing factor. It was working, however his quickened metabolism was fast burning through his pain medication, causing the pain to rise once again. He ignored it.

He ignored everything, taking these quiet moments to reflect on the battle, on the warrior who he'd fought on- WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT SMELL?

When his cot gave a violent shake the Dominus Prime opened his eyes to see a sight and smell he had not been expecting. Even as they fluttered open his eyes could make out the beauty that had been his partner and best friend. Well… In the current moment beauty was not his first thought.

Madalena…” He said, hesitantly before contorting his face at the smell the woman had brought with him. You smell like chit. He almost said, but thought against it when his eyes befell her less than amused face.

When he realized she'd been the one to kick his bed he was quick to Arch a brow in confusion. “You're upset.” He said simply before pushing himself up to a sitting position. It was more accurate to say the woman looked absolutely pissed, he'd summed it up lightly. He winced a bit before clearing his throat, careful not to inhale. “What's wrong? From what I hear we won and you even got to sit on the throne.” He said, positively.

"Finally!" she retorted when he finally opened his eyes and said her name. In truth, it hadn't taken him long at all once she'd kicked is bed, but it the mere fact she even had to kick it to get his attention meant that she had waited far longer than was okay.

He said she was upset. Upset?! Really?! She kicked his bed again at that statement.

And then finally, he got around to asking what was wrong. He was lucky those blue bandages and their red growing spots were on him or she would have given them cause to get them on him.

"Yeah, I was the Queen of Eshan for a few hours," she replied, still glaring, "but Queen or not, how the krak do you dare get injured to this degree? You almost died!"

Again she kicked his bed.

"How dare you?!"

[member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"]

83qSlm0.gif
Despite the foul stench that came with her, Cardinal was happy to see Madalena. Of course, the warrior was still rather confused over why the woman stank so badly. He did not pinch his nose, yet he was careful to breathe through his mouth. He contorted his face while he looked to her searchingly. "What the hell is that smell?" He questioned, arching a brow at the woman searchingly.

Of course, before his question would be answered the woman's foot slammed into his bed once again. "Will you cut that out?!" He demanded, wondering just why the hell she kept kicking his bed. Her own glares met an agitated look of his own, yet when she spoke once again his look would soften. Ah. So there were consequences to all actions afterall. Cardinal paused at her question before exhaling softly. "I did what I had to do-" His words were cut off when she kicked his bed again. This time he sighed before holding a hand up to stop her from kicking it once again. "Enough." When Madalena said, how dare he, Cardinal leveled his eyes against the woman. In truth his actions had been born from a place other than necessity. Of course the palace needed to be taken, however that was not the way a Knight Obsidian would have taken it.

He'd had too much pride. When it came time for him to enter combat he attempted to match his enemies strength with his own and lost. The realization of this caused him to fall silent while he leaned his head back against the tents wall. "I thought I could do it..." He muttered, rubbing a hand over his face with an exasperated sigh. "You know when I was a boy, I never felt stronger. I was fast, focused, and deadly. Lately I've been feeling slow and hesitant. I thought maybe if I fought in the old ways I could change that. It's been almost a hundred years since I've fought that way...I wasn't strong enough."

That smell? It was the smell of sewers and feces and… Better not think about it. Madalena had been breathing through her mouth rather than through her nose for ­hours now. She needed a shower, and a scrubbing, and probably a rinse and repeat for days to get it all out of her skin, but that was hardly what was important now. He wanted her to stop kicking his bed?! No way. She was pissed off and he wasn't providing her the answers she needed to calm down.

Only when he finally retaliated and told her enough, did she pause. But she was far from done. All he'd done with the order was buy himself a precious few seconds, and if he wasn't going to start talking soon, she was going to do worse than kicking.

"You brought a way of fighting to the field that you haven't practiced or trained in nearly a century and you thought you could get away with it?!" she asked once he was done speaking, the flare rising in her cheeks as she hoped he would understand the stupidity of that action.

Cardinal's bed got another kick.

"You do not get to pull crap like that!" Madalena wanted to scream. She wanted to scratch his eyes out. She wanted to hug him. What? "If you feel slow and hesitant, you train. You train like there's no tomorrow, or you find other ways to solve it. You don't go on a suicide side-mission! We entered that battlefield as part of a team. You do not break off from the team unless you're more than likely to win, or if there's no other option!"

She kicked the bed again, though this time it was much less stronger than the times before. "And what about the people left behind, did you ever think of that?" she demanded, "What would your family say? What would I have been left thinking if you died before of egotistical stupidity rather than necessity?"

Ohhhh she wanted to punch him.

"You put yourself in my life. You don't get to leave by being stupid."

83qSlm0.gif
When Cardinal felt Madalena kick the bed following her outburst he pinched the bridge of his nose. Of course he'd already scolded himself on this, several times in the past few hours. As she continued to scold him he eventually found his own patience dying off.

"Training. Wasn't. Enough." He snapped, his eyes locked in front of him before finally the sunburnt orbs fell on the woman. "It's not like I forgot how to wield a weapon or forgot how to fire a blaster. It's not something that just training can fix!" Cardinal did not realize his voice was raising as he spoke to Madalena. His nerves were shot and he was in pain, still he looked to the woman with a certain eye. Even now, she did not become the object of his anger, even if she was cuasing it.

When she kicked the bed again, Cardinal let out an agitated grunt, but this time he merely laid back against the tents wall. "My family would understand..." He muttered before rubbing at his chest. The pain there was gone. Not the pain that came from the battle on Eshan, no that was still very much there. The void that the Sith had implanted in the very core of his essence, that chill had subsided for the time being and with it Cardinal gained some small surge of energy.

"I've felt it for years." He spoke softly, still rubbing his chest. "What they did to me...it's still there." He continued with an uncertain gaze over at the woman. He blinked for a moment before noticably changing the subject away from the thought of his past. He leveled his eyes on Madalena, not quite understanding why the woman was so mad and why she kept kicking his bed. Sure, it was obvious they had some feelings for each other, yet both of them operated in a way that invited death. "I'm a warrior Madalena. It's my destiny to die by the blade. I don't fear that and if I should die in battle you should celebrate it."

"Training wasn't enough so you decided to do less of it and have even less than not enough?!" she shot right back at him. It was not something he could win on; if something wasn't enough you found out what you could to get more, you didn't do less of it and expect it to be enough when faced in a lethal situation. He was over a century old, he did not get to behave like a child regarding such matters, not when it meant…

At the mention that his family would understand, she kicked his bed yet again. "They would understand if you died in battle," she growled at him, "not if you died because you were underprepared and being reckless in a battle. Those two are not the same thing and do you not pretend for one instant that they are!"

He was a Warrior. Madalena paused for a moment. She was one too. She heard the song during battle, she could feel her blood singing with it as her body moved. But could Cardinal truly not understand what the point she was trying to make was?

"Then give me a reason to celebrate," she demanded. He was trying to speak softly, but she was beyond being able to respond to that softness right now, "and not a reason to punch the wall with my head because you consciously made stupid choices."

83qSlm0.gif
What could he say? She was right. For the longest time the man fell silent and just stared out at Madalena with a still agitated expression. The only one who he was used to calling out his stupidity was his own brother. Oh he was sure [member="Darth Metus"] would get a kick out of the story, most likely slap an age joke on it somewhere.

Still, the man adjusted himself on the cot before swinging his legs off. He was tired of laying down, plus if Madalena kicked his cot again he was not entirely sure it would not go flying off somewhere. Once he stood up, he felt the weight of pain rush through his body. His legs shimmered ever so slightly but he didn't care to take a seat again. He wanted to get the hell out of this tent, but there was something to be said about remaining unseen when you were damaged. The Confederacy viewed the Dominus Prime as a symbol, if he showed himself weakened it would only weaken the resolve of those around him. He looked to Madalena, his eyes scanning over her briefly.

"You smell wonderful." He said, the faintest crack of a smile coming to his lips before he let out a dry chuckle.

"You're right...I'll be more careful." When he finally spoke the words they were through gritted teeth. He hated admitting when he was wrong. It wasn't quite that he thought he was always right, it just pissed him off to have to be wrong so...publicly. Yet, if his actions had been chosen better maybe he would not have to be wrong.

Cardinal's hand slid onto the top of his cot, propping him up while he exhaled deeply. He pulled at the bandage on his chest, ripping it a bit so it would loosen. Once his skin felt the kiss of air he exhaled audibly. His chest bore a number of bruises and scars, yet the newest of them were oddly faint. His wounds were already closed and even as he stood there, some of the smaller cuts and gouges were gradually closing up.

Glowing green eyes narrowed as the man dared to comment about the way she smelled. Madalena had punched herself through the Force to get over the river. She'd waded through sewer water and had Force knows what rub against her as she made her way beneath the Palace and then up. There hadn't been any time to shower during all of that, and there was no actual shower in the Throne Room either, which meant she was stuck with poop water. And then when they finally dug her out… Well. She'd come running to Card immediately.

As he promised to be more careful, she nodded once.

Oh, she was still angry. She was still furious. And she still wanted to kick his bed. But now that she'd let some of that anger out, now that she saw Cardinal with her own eyes, now that she could ­smell that his blood was not really dying, which meant that he would be okay, something in her snapped into a release.

"Don't you ever dare to do this to me again," she said.

The anger melted away in less than an eye blink and Madalena closed the distance between her and Cardinal, not caring about his wounds, not caring about anything as she grabbed him by the blue bandages, and pulled him towards her, sewer smell and all, and landed her lips against his.

Allya had spent as much time as she had to move the wounded into the tents. Constant evacuations, only to move back into the city to fight off another wave of enemies. By the time she got back to the camp, the girl had become exhausted. She had used far to much of the force today, as she forced herself to defend as many lives as she could. However, she had pushed herself to her limits with large scale abilities, and it had taken its toll on her. This time, she wouldn't be allowed to go back out. Her troops fought at her side, because they knew she would keep them safe. Their devotion to her because of it was astounding. The ones who had followed Allya hadn't lost anything more than droids. However those who had followed Luna had heavy casualties. She had already tended to Luna's own wounds and helped get her medical attention. However, this also meant, that at the moment, Allya was the sole leader of the Dauntless. And now she was was about to break, and before that happened, they stopped her from reboarding the shuttle altogether. She was still a girl, and they knew it. They would keep her safe, as she had kept them.

Armor was taken off, weapons set on a shelf in a small encampment. With the massive weight off her small form, she could move a lot easier. Sadly, that is when she got the news. Cardinal had been badly injured in the battle. She ran faster than she had ever run before. Allya used the last vestiges of the force she had in her, to push her body to its limits. By the time she would get to the medical tent, flanked by her commandos, there would be no medical personnel that would tell her no. She wore boots, and the form fitted under armor she always wore when in battle, helped stop chaffing.

The girl bust into his room, her brown eyes wide. However, as she did, she was assaulted in both eyes and nose. Her eyes saw her uncle as he kissed a woman and the smell of feces was intense. “Welp....” The young girl paused and grinned at him., “This is awkward. I was expecting to come into this room to find you in a coma or something. However, if you are well enough to be making out with this beauty here, I think you will be fine, Uncle Cardinal. Though....you may wanna make her take a bath before you, um, you know, because phew, that smell is rank......Um or is that smell YOU Uncle, if so, she is a brave woman indeed for kissing you. Either way, I salute you both for being able to put up with these conditions!” She then literally saluted them.

The teenager fidgeted a bit. Oh she knew she should just leave, let them be alone....but this man was far too important to her. She had to make sure he was okay first. That he remembered her, that she wasn't dreaming that he was okay. It was his fault she was this way. It was his fault she was saved from that place. All of this was his fault...how dare he get hurt?! Tears welled up in her large chocolate brown eyes. “You....are...okay...right?” Hands clenched tightly, before she reached up, to brush the tears away.

83qSlm0.gif

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

If he was quite honest, Cardinal wasn't sure what it was about Madalena that put him at ease. Maybe the woman's carefree demeanor or it could even be the fact she was a proven warrior who stood by his side. It didn't matter, it didn't bother him to even consider it anymore. When Madalena closed the distance between the two of them his hands gripped her waist, pulling her closer to him. When her lips pressed against his, he would have smiled if he had not been pleasantly occupied. They shared the kiss for only a few seconds before the flap to his tent flew open. Even still, the sweet taste of Madalena's lips were preferable to another Medical Droid taking some stupid reading. It could wait.

It was not until Cardinal heard an all too familiar voice that he begrudgingly pulled himself from the woman's lips. He sighed softly, a hand pressing against Madalena's cheek before he looked to Allya with a jokingly Stern expression. Allya, not unlike her damn father, enjoyed the moments when Cardinal's humanity shined through and in turn took advantage of the moment. As the young Vi'Dreya saluted the man, he rolled his eyes before looking back to her. “Are you done?” He asked, before pulling his arms from Madalena and looking to the younger woman.

His niece, she was precious to him in a way that the other members of his family could never hope to be. They were his wards, she was truly his family.

I'm not sure if the two of you have met.” Cardinal coughed once, the stench that clung to Madalena now a thing of prevalence once again. “Madalena, this is Allya Vi'dreya. My brother's daughter who talks entirely too much.” He walked over to the young woman and held his knuckles up to her brow, gracing her with a soft tap on her forehead. An endearing gesture he often did, though this time it was a bit harder than usual. “Allya, this is Madalena Antares she is…” The pause was noticeable. What was Madalena? It seemed odd to say they were dating, because they weren't really. However introducing her as just a friend or his partner also seemed like an understatement. Kark it. They could hash out the specifics later. “We're dating. She came to kick my ass for being a fool.” He said, glancing back to the woman.

When he turned back to Allya he could see the traces of tears, falling down from her cheek.

Kark. He exhaled as he saw the pain that the young woman tried to earnestly hide. He placed his hands on her shoulder, speaking plainly but with a soft tone. “Look at me. You think they'd kill me so easy? This? A scratch to your Uncle!” He explained, brushing his wounds off with a soft smile. His niece was a fearsome warrior, but she was still young and she loved her family. She viewed Cardinal and Isley as Titans, so at times they'd embellish so she could keep her beliefs. Even when they were not far off.

Save those tears for our enemies… They need them more, right?” He told her with a sly smile.

There was not a force in the 'verse that could have caused her to pull away and end that kiss from the moment it actually started and she realized Cardinal was kissing her back. The Mandalorians could have easily dropped more bombs on the top of the tent and Madalena would still have been holding on to Cardinal, kissing him, her hands trying to find places upon his body to roam without re-opening his wounds. Or maybe with. You never knew.

Wherever his hands touched, whether it was her sides or her cheek, Madalena could feel the heat rising between the skin, wanting, nay, demanding more. She knew what her body wanted. She knew what her spirit wanted. Did he? Her teeth playfully nibbled on his lower lip as the tent flap opened, and like him, she chose to entirely ignore it, even after a girl's voice was heard.

Only one thing could break that kiss right there and then, and it was Cardinal that had broken it, his hand against her cheek. Madalena closed her eyes and smiled. She had thousands of smiles for a thousand different situation, but that on smile, that was one that was for him and him alone.

It almost felt like losing a limb when he removed his hands and the two then looked at the person who had come bursting in with a monologue. Madalena frowned, not saying anything yet. She knew instantly that this was a child of the Vicelord, Darth Metus. He could have thousands of children by thousands of mothers, and she would still easily be able to sniff out those that had come from his seed, regardless of their age or species.

Still, she knew that most people were unnerved when she revealed her blood hound abilities, and opted not to say anything as Cardinal made the introductions. Madalena gave Allya a warm and friendly smile, opening her mouth to say something, when Cardinal then introduced her, and said…

They were dating?

It was almost a mission impossible to silence Madalena. She almost always had something to say, and it was rare that she chose not to say it. But now, she found herself stunned into silence, the red that was taking her cheeks over born not of lust but of… No, embarrassment was the wrong word. Shyness?

And Allya was crying. Madalena wanted to reach out and hold a napkin to her but she somehow doubted the teenager would want to wipe her face with something that had been drenched with sewer water, seeing how even teenagers had standards.

"I'm the one that smells like poop," were the first words that came out of her mouth, and she shut her eyes, cursing herself for those being the first words she said to Cardinal's, whom she now was dating, niece. Nope. Had to save it. "I waded through the sewers beneath the palace earlier and thought coming to kick Cardinal was more important than taking a shower."

Yeah, that was a nice save. It was also the truth.

"He's alive," she firmly nodded, "and that's a good thing too, or I'd have had to bring him back just to kill him with my bare hands, and then we'd have to fight." Now she gave Allya a grin, "and I'd hate to fight you. You seem like good sort who could make those who come against her regret it."

[member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"] [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

The thing was: While it was a near impossible thing to shut up Madalena, it was an impossible thing to shut up Allya. It was noticed by her uncle, by her boyfriend, and father, and pretty much anyone else that came in contact with her. When she wasn't in her military mode, this girl talked, and rarely shut up. It was as if the words could disappear at any moment and she had to get her thoughts across now. But that was a story for another time. For now, her lips opened, and out flowed the pure stream of consciousness that was Allya. There was no deceit here, there couldn't be. If it was thought, it was said. “Uncle Cardinal, I'm never done. Yeah, I talk a lot. Jerek says so too. But he likes it when I do, most of the time, so it's okay.” When Cardinal placed his hand on her shoulder, the small girl practically melted. Even in his weakened state, his mere presence and touch made her feel so safe. The tears dried up, and she began to just bounce on her toes, as Madalena was introduced.

“OH! OH! OH! That is wonderful! Hi! I'm Allya. Allya Vi'Dreya, erm, I'm the Adjudant for the Dauntless. Uhhh....” What did one say when being introduced to one of your father figure's girlfriends? Wait...this was uncle Cardinal....your father figure's girlfriend? Dad hadn't done so. That's because he rarely stuck around for longer than the first night. “Erm I shouldn't take up too much of your time.” The girl looked to the side, and tilted her head. She listened for juuuuust long enough. “I mean, we had a Star Destroyer dropped on us. I think sewers were the way to go. Except for the giant worms that were burrowing under ground. Oh Man, that one was tough. I had to protect my troops, so I used a barrier on them. But...there were too many of them. I couldn't protect myself too. If Micah hadn't been there I woulda been a pancake myself. And Uncle Tacitus did get himself turned into a pancake...but I'm not worried. He'll be back. It would be like if Dad died. He would just come back in a new body....he is weird like that.”

Her eyes went absolutely wide when Madalena mentioned bringing him back just to kill him again. The girl shook her head, silken hair going all over the place. When she finished, there was a strand still suck in her face. She blew it out of the way. “See, that is the thing. It's why I have clone bodies for my dad, Aunts and Uncles on Kamino. We can just forcefully push their essences into one of them, then rather kill them...hear me out....we strap them to a wall for a few months, and force them to watch children's holonet programming. Like really little children. See, people like him, they find death WAAAAAAY to o exciting, for it to be an actual deterrent. But forced to stay still like that, watching mind numbing stuff with music and all that cuteness? Oh, that would be the worst kinda torture.....I would love to watch it with Akela. Oh she is waaaay cute! I have to introduce you to her some day Uncle Cardinal! I just want to kidnap her, bring her home and keep her forever.....but everyone tells me that is rude.”

"Oh and no, you don't want to fight me. I don't fight fair." Allya then grandly pointed at Madalena. “YOU! Hot lady! Go take a shower! Make him joi...wait no..injuries.” Her eyes looked at Cardinal. “Damn it man, talk about wasted opportunities! Hrmm...” The girl began to bounce on her toes again and dashed out of the room. “Oh! I almost forgot, hold on!” The sounded of banging, clanking, and a....chicken...what was a chicken doing there, were heard from outside the walls of the tent. A few moments later, she brought in a giant sword. Cardinal's lost sword. “You dropped this, you clumsy guy. I know a Star Destroyer fell on us, but that is no excuse! I kept mine during it and I wasn't that far away from you!” She laid it near the bed with an oof.

The worry disappeared from her face, and the little one was relaxed now. Okay, her world made sense again. Cardinal was awake, he knew her, he had a girlfriend....that was weird, he was always far to into his work to notice all the ladies he worked with. But whatever! Allya's eyes did go over the woman, as she took in almost every detail. Yeah, okay, that woman was very hard to not notice, she admitted.

Finally, the whirl wind that she was began to die down, and she allowed the two adults to get in a word edgewise. However, that hyper, happy, bouncy look never died away. Oh it was simply a matter of time until it started again.

83qSlm0.gif

Cardinal could not help but chuckle at his nieces words. No, she was not ever done. The woman had certainly inherited her father’s ability to talk. He smiled down at her before Madalena stepped forward to introduce herself. He'd noticed the brief red rush to the woman's face but said nothing of it. He found it a bit cute, actually. With his arms crossed over his chest he took a minute to gather himself. His body was wrapped in pain but he did not dare let it show, not now. As the two women spoke, Cardinal watched them with some interest. It actually made him happy to see the women come together, they were both rather important to him after all.

When Allya spoke of a cloned body, the Dominus Prime's expression softened for a moment in consideration. Whenever he did finally die he was not quite sure he'd want to return to the world of the living. However, he knew his Nieces intentions and would not deny her for any reason. So he simply smiled at her words.

When Allya spoke of her own form of torture the large man walked over to her, tapping his knuckle against her brow once again. “Please be sure to just kill me if you're going to do something like that.” He insisted, shaking his head at her words. Now when Allya spoke of Cardinal joining Madalena, his fist came over the back of her head. It was a light tap in comparison to an actual punch, and was another gesture he often used on the woman when she was younger, mainly to gain her attention.

Mouth.” He said, arching an amused brow at her before recrossing his arms. Cardinal watched as Allya bounded out of the tent. The racket that ensued next caused him to bring his head down into his palm, chuckling a bit at the sounds that erupted from outside. When Allya finally came back into the room, she presented something that caused Cardinal's expression to turn somber. When Allya laid the blade on the bed, Cardinal reached out for it. It was not as heavy as it looked but it still required some effort for him to lift it with one hand. “Phoenix.” He said, simply, eyeing the blade closely. His eyes danced from the edge of the blade to the hilt, gazing at it searchingly.

He continued to hold it for a moment before handing it back to Allya. “Take it.” He told her.

That blade was made for a different man.” He said, simply. “Why don't you take care of it for me for a while? Keep it close and guard it with your life. Your father gave that to me years ago.” Phoenix no longer fit Cardinal. Bastard swords were not of the Sandali, not of the true warrior way. At least not blades like Phoenix, it would need a new home, a new master.

Home. The thought caused Cardinal to consider something. He fell silent for a moment before saying nothing and simply pressing his lips to Allya's brow. “Thank you, Allya.” He said, smiling down at her. Cardinal looked back to Madalena, offering her a similar smile.

As the words began to stream out of Allya's mouth, there was little Madalena could do but smile widely. Allya was young, was not yet a veteran of the battle field, but it was clear that her heart was in the right place and with just a few more years on her, she would be a force to be reckoned with. Besides, Madalena thought she was just adorable. She could stand there and let the teenager talk for hours if time permitted it, as despite the attempt to reach a quota that came with a few zeros at the number attached to it, all her words had relevant content and meaning to them.

There was no place for Madalena to wring a few words in, nor for Cardinal, but she didn't mind. Her body language was relaxed, her attention on the bubbly teenager. Was that what Madalena had been like at her age? It had only been a handful of years ago, maybe less, but now it seemed like several lifetimes had passed.

The only part in Allya's speech that Madalena did not like was the Uncle Tacitus bit. If it was who Madalena was thinking of when that name was mentioned, he could die and the 'verse would be a better place for it. He'd been grubby with Madalena not too long ago, and she'd given him the headcanon of Mr. McGrubHands in her hands. Both he and the Exarch had tried to excuse it by saying Mdalena looked like someon they knew, but that had in fact made it worse, as that person was someone that had disappeared, and with the treatment Madalena was receiving when people thought she was her, she could hardly blame the other woman for running away without a word. Assuming she existed at all, of course.

She opened her mouth to say something to Cardinal when – was that a chicken? Where did you find a chicken in a medical camp?! Could they eat that chicken? It was better than rations! – yeah, this was definitely not a talk to speak, but she managed to sneak in another kiss against his lips before Allya returned, adding a quick "a shame you can't join me in that shower, I have a loofah with your name on it," comment.

"Tell you what," she said as she turned to Allya once the sword business was concluded, "when we both have the time – I'd like to see how someone who doesn't fight fair could hold up against a blood boil. I promise no permanent injury in case you can't. Does that sound like a date you'd be interested in?"

[member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"] [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

Allya's eyes went wide as Cardinal told her to just kill him, and the girl winced heavily. She had to remember, she was loved. It was easy to forget. She was a weapon, her father's weapon. But, Cardinal never thought of her like that. It honestly confused her for the longest time. But, it was Cardinal who made her the semi-functional girl with a boyfriend, a chance at a normal life, and all that. Her eyes looked at him, so filled with love and affection. A gentle smile crossed her face as she did. Soon however, knuckles rapped on her head. She clearly felt no pain from this action, be it through the gentleness of Card, or from a high pain tolerance, but acted as if she did. She gave a comedic yelp, and rubbed the back of her head. This was normal. Her words often far overtook Cardinal's ability to deal with them, and she tended to say ridiculous things when she got going.

After she returned, the girl took the sword in her hands and looked over it. Her head tilted side to side. It was big for her, but honestly, that was okay. If she practiced with such a large sword, it would be a breeze to use smaller things as well. Besides, this was a girl who had stolen shirts, sweaters, hoodies, and the like from Cardinal, and horded them on her ship, so she could wear them like dresses. The fact she had another something that belonged to him, amazed her. “I promise, I'll protect it with my life, uncle!” Oh the girl gently placed the sword to the side, and lept at him, gently, wary and aware of his injuries. The affectionate child kissed his cheek, and nuzzled her face into his chest, and shoulder. “I love you....so much. So very much.”

When Madalena spoke to her, she grinned and gave the woman a wink. “Oh you are on. I have to be pushed, to figure out what I can take. I don't mind pain, it's weakness leaving you.” Her voice clearly showed she believed that line. Or perhaps its was a good way for her mind to make sense of some of her past. Either way, she gave the woman a smirk. “I may try several things, to over come it, when I recover. And see if there are good counters from it. I've heard its a wickedly hard power to beat. That makes me excited! Besides, a date with my uncle's woman seems fun, even if its her attempting to beat me down like the brat I am.” The girl snickered playfully.

83qSlm0.gif
It would have been difficult for Madalena to miss the look that Cardinal gave the woman when she spoke of the two taking a shower together. It was a sultry expression, though it would quickly fade when his niece entered back into the tent. Cardinal had not actually flirted in any sense, even in his past life the rituals that brought two people together were certainly more primal than they were based off of subtle cues.

When Allya received Phoenix, the expression on her face as she leapt onto her uncle was enough to give the man a warm smile. He embraced her whole-heartedly, patting her back before setting her back on the ground before him. "I love you too, Allya." He said warmly, smiling down at his niece. She, in many ways, was so much like Cardinal in his youth. In many ways she was different. Smarter, a better warrior, and her knowledge of the common galaxy was far passed what his savage intellect had been. However there was a free spirit there that Cardinal seldom saw in his brother. He liked to think Allya had taken that from Cardinal, or at least from the man he used to be.

He watched the exchange between Madalena and Allya with an amused grin. When the two finally came to a certain point, Cardinal chuckled softly before resting a hand on each of their shoulders. "I'm ecstatic to see you two getting along. However, Allya you have duties to see to and so do you Madalena." He turned to Allya and spoke softly. "Check on Isley for me, make sure the old man has all the help he needs. I can't support him right now so you must go to him." He held her forehead to his own for a brief moment before smiling once more. "Now, go." Once Allya had left the tent, Cardinal turned back to Madalena and exhaled softly. "She's a fire." He said, proudly.

This time was different from any other. Cardinal was not hesitant or conservative. As his hands pressed into Madalena's waist, he pulled her close to him, speaking softly. "Check on the Knights. Make sure they're all recovering from the battle. I need to meditate and heal myself but I will rejoin you soon." Cardinal closed the distance between their lips, allowing them to meet for another kiss that was intended to leave Madalena wanting more, but when Cardinal pulled back he was the one wishing he had not ended the kiss. "I know we never talked about us being together or anything like that. If you don't want that or you want something else. Tell me." He spoke intently, knowing his words must have caught the woman off guard.

Madalena smiled widely as the girl's eyes widened once the sword was back in her hands. It was fun to watch, all that energy bubbling inside that tiny young body. She couldn't help but wonder if she'd ever been like that, or if she still was. And Allya wanted that meeting too, a date with… Her uncle's woman. It was so strange, how Allya said it as though it was the most natural thing in the world, as though it was how it should be.

And then Allya left after a few instructions from Cardinal, and now the man turned to her, and Madalena smiled again, a different sort of smile. "She's wonderful," she replied.

To her own set of instructions, she just nodded. She'd been meaning to do that anyway once she could get the sewer water out of her system, and before she could make a response to that Cardinal's lips were on her own and she melted against him. He was not the only one leaving wanted more.

And then he spoke.

Madalena blushed. "I…" she opened her mouth to say. But… But he's caught her off guard, and now that a question had been posed, her mind was reeling on the answer, on her history, on how she felt, on how she should be feeling.

She smiled warmly to him and closed the distance between the two of them, her hands taking his in hers. "I have all the feelings for you. I have had them for a while now," she said, squeezing his hands, "and hearing Allya refer to me as my uncle's woman gives me a fun tingly warmness inside that I want of feel more of."

And then there was the but. There was always the but. "But I need more time before we go openly public with it," she sighed, "I have… A complicated past when it comes to relationships. And please do not doubt how much I want one with you. But I want to be in one with you and have it to ourselves for a little bit of time before we do the public couple thing, just to settle my stomach a little bit."

83qSlm0.gif

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]​

Cardinal could have expected Madalena's next words had he considered it hard enough. He had put the woman in a tight spot and while he did not regret it, and Allya certainly seemed supportive, it may not have been what the woman wanted. When her hands interlaced in his, he glanced down, his lips coming into another warm smile that accepted the woman before him. When she said they would need more time all he could do was nod. There was no hurt or disappointment in his eyes. Instead he simply showed a rather accepting expression.

Cardinal bent down ever so slightly so he could wrap his arms around Madalena. There was a slight quake in his side, yet still he picked the woman up off her feet and held her up for a moment.

Not another word.” He said, with a faint glimmer in his eye. “No more” He reinforced, yet his words were soft even as they came with a silencing command. “If you truly want to be with me, then the best thing for us, is to do it at a pace that suits us both. Right?” He told her, before explaining a bit more. “I have not been with a woman for… A long time, and there is still much about me you do not know.” He lowered Madalena down to her feet once again, this time his hand came to cup around the woman's chin. Her soft skin was warm to his touch and only made him want to press his lips to hers once again. “And i'm sure there is more for me to learn about you.” His hand traced her side, down to her waist and around to the small of her back before he forcefully pulled her closer. “In my village, things like this were grown, not woven. So let us grow.” He said, pressing his lips to Madalena’s cheek for a shallow moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom