Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot 'N Cold

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
ETTI IV - CORPORATE SECTOR​
TRADE FEDERATION HEADQUARTERS​

[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Darth Vulkan"] | [member="Hion the Herglic"] | [member="Kelly Perris"] | [member="Popo"] | [member="Sasha Santhe"] | [member="Danger Arceneau"]​

The auction was done and the results were in. The Trade Federation was currently the proud owner of sixty percent of Titan Industries and with that the majority owner. A costly investment, but one which could be earned back easily… if they made the required changes to make the investment work in the first place.

Which was what this meeting was all about.

Only the corporations that backed this particular play were invited to this meeting. Irani suspected that most of them would be too busy to attend personally, so the meeting room used was cleared for wide holocom usage.

There was a long list of things that would need to be discussed. Ideas, rebranding usage, the sale of products and more.

But it would be worth it - hopefully. It hadn't been all that much money for Irani personally, after being the legacy of a corporate magnate and working in the corporate scene himself for all these years? It would be simply an annoyance if this didn't work out.

A small blip on a very large radar.

Irani wasn't all that familiar with the finances of his partners though. Perhaps for some this investment would mean the difference between mountains of gold and going for an early retirement after their bankruptcy was filed.

Danger's image would bloom in a cerulean glow to the right of [member="Darell Irani"]. She was still at Elysium Station, overseeing a few personal interests. However, this specific acquisition was a bit more personal than most would believe.

"Mistah Irani," her coo would float over the speakers with notable warm hearted charm. She drank in his ramrod straight stance, the casual roll of his shoulders and the gleam within his pale eyes.

"You're looking as dapper as ever."

[member="Darell Irani"] | [member="Danger Arceneau"]

The image of Mister Perris would come into being in a nice shade of azure to the right of Miss Arceneau, transmitting from Eriadu. After Elrood, there was much to be done. Planning for the taking of other worlds that linked to Incom, as well as those that would willingly align with the Alliance cause, and rooting out the pervasive, increasingly bold pirate threat at its source; there were tangents to even this. Much mystery loomed within the clouds of that sector. It was all bigger than he knew, another rabbit-hole.

"Miss Arceneau, Mister Irani," he said to each of them upon his apparition, "both as well as you look, I hope?"

Insofar as he could gather from images. He sipped from a hot mug of caf, looking over the last of a report before setting it beside to give his attention to the meeting. This federation was a different animal from the close-knit squadrons and chains of command he had spent so many years with, but the curve wasn't as steep as it had been in the early days of his tenure at the top of Incom. He was adapting. In the end, it was all people. Where he came from, you learned how those ticked, to one degree or another.

Hira Mitsae

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Indeed, Irani had no knowledge of Danger's personal connection to Titan Industries. There was some rumor that she was being seen with Kuhn a lot these days, but he could not concern himself with petty whispers about his business associates. Whatever happiness she was finding with Alric was her own business and no one else's.

"Miz Arceneau." it had become quite the private joke between them. His attempts to mimic her twang, just a shred of that boyish youth that had strutted into her office on Tatooine all those years ago.

"Your presence never seizes to bring a smile, my dear."

Only a moment later [member="Kelly Perris"] came onto the call.

"Mister Perris. I am splendid, thank you. I hope the same goes for you?"

Another form fizzled into existence as a shadowy blue hologram. The jovial owner of the Herglic Trade Empire and Darkwater Security perused the room's occupants before smiling broadly.

"Fair weather, colleagues. We hauled in quite the titanic catch."

The Sith Lord rubbed his flippers at the prospect of cutting up a fallen competitor's business amid thank yous and how do you dos. Affable evil always goes down smoother.

[member="Hion the Herglic"] [member="Darell Irani"] [member="Kelly Perris"]

Danger would shine a smile to Irani, before turning her attention to the two new attendees.

“Mistah Perris, Mistah Hion -- a pleasure.” Now they the rest of the investors and the core group of the Trade Federation were coming online, their holograms blooming alongside the circular office of the Queen of Trade.

She would curl her fingers around her cup of caf. Black, three sugars. She did have a bit of a sweet tooth, but it was a constant with her.

“I would like to start out with my gratitude, gentlebeings.” Danger would start, taking a sip of her caf. Setting her cup down, she would shine a pleasant smile.

“We have managed to gain control of a vital piece on the Dejarik board.” It was a matter of doing it right. Rebranding and moving forward with the free market. Combing the books and ensuring they maintain their neutrality and reputation.

She had a few notes on the matter, but wanted to see what others had in mind. With majority hold, they could effectively create a Techno Union based company that could spur them forward.

The Hologram of Draco Vereen flickered online and the holographic bust of Draco Vereen, or Darth Vulkan to those very few who knew about his fall already came online. As the Owner of 8% and a member of the Trade Federation, and a High Ranking Member of the Techno Union, he pumped the owning share of Titan Industries up closer to the seventy percent range.

"Good evening." His dark grey eyes looked around as he took note of the other faces that were attending the meeting. Most he had dealt with in one capacity or another, some more intimately than others.

Danger, always hauling around businesses and collaborating them. It made the upper echolons, the one percent of the corporate market's membership, unimaginably strong. She could unite a massive force of arms as proven with the Republic, and bring governments crawling on their knees for her forgiveness.

Irani, a schemer. Not much else to say than that. A very good schemer perhaps.

Orcus, though Vulkan had never dealt with the Herglic, ArmaTech had on several occasions. Powerful, commanding a race known to be intimidating and physically impressive.

The other Vulkan did not know, but he had dealt with Incom before. Incom was part of the reason Draco had left the Republic for the Techno Union in the first place.

[member="Hion the Herglic"]
[member="Darell Irani"]
[member="Kelly Perris"]

[member="Darell Irani"] [member="Darth Vulkan"] [member="Hion the Herglic"] [member="Kelly Perris"]

"Foreman Vereen," Danger would greet the Techno Union leader, giving an incline of her head. So far so good, they had a good turn out. Taking a deep breath, she would pan her gaze upon each and every single holograram representing the core group of the new Trade Federation.

"I would say it is a time for celebration, gentlebeings." she would smile out with courtesy. "We now own majority stake of Titan Industries." she would allow a pause for any claps and murmurs of congratulations. Once that waned, however, she would continue.

"But there is still much to be done. As we all know, Titan Industries holds a particular kind of reputation that wouldn't hold too well with the neutrality and objectivity of the Trade Federation." her hand rose, and she gave a gentle grab and swipe to reveal a holographic screen for all of them to view.

"Which is why my first proposal with Titan is to rebrand it. A new name. A new face -- that of the Trade Federation."

Hira Mitsae

Irani inclined his head a fraction. It could be taken as a nod to Vereen, Arceneau's suggestion or a mixture of both, any of the former assumptions would work quite well for Darell who was quite the fan of economical movement. Too many moves, giving away just a fraction too much... that was bad for business, people would start to guess at your next steps, trying to predict your thoughts. No, better to keep that kind of tells to himself.

"A wise suggestion, and one I have to agree with. Titan's former connection to the One Sith has not been improved by its foolish attempt to break away from that same entity without a plan to mitigate the loss of innocent lives." The edge of his mouth turned a bit down. Distaste. Many lives were lost that day, all because of the madness of one.

Oh, in the end it had mattered little to the One Sith and it had actually gained Irani a lot. But those lives... what a waste.

"Granted, I am not all that good at coming up with good names." a small chuckle next. Humor in the eyes as he referenced his own track record with company names.

"Eden Consolidated is the best I can come up with right now."

Irani shrugged.

When Irani turned his own question back at him, the Incom man gave an affirmative nod as response. Enough of their number appeared that the meeting started, with Miss Arceneau summarising what they all knew and what they were all here for. He lifted his mug of caf, sipping as he listened, the wheels turning on the matter at hand. Irani spoke to the loss of lives, and the Alderaanian continued sipping at his caf, no reaction appearing in his expression. He was unsurprised - even if there had been a plan in place, he did not doubt that parting ways with the Sith entity in any case would be lossless on the part of sentient capital.

Still.

"Sound reasoning," he said, in agreement, "but you're right about being terrible with names. 'Eden' sounds entirely too benevolent."

And of course, the man's track record. He'd had a gander a while back, and the names Irani came up with were... interesting, if there was any word for them. Now, Perris had nothing against benevolence, but the scope of Titan's operations made it ill-fitted to a name like Eden. Maybe not a bad name for a child, though, or a planet. Wasn't there that Jedi healer? Something Eden? Anyway.

"Granted, the only naming I've ever done has been of my son, my old astromech, and the fighter I used to fly."

He set the mug of caf down.

"I'll toss the names of Harbinger or Omen in the hat for consideration."

Off the top of his head. His left eyebrow lifted and his head tipped briefly to that side in some analogue of a shrug. He went back to drinking his caf.

[member="Danger Arceneau"] | [member="Darell Irani"] | [member="Hion the Herglic"] | [member="Darth Vulkan"]

[member="Hion the Herglic"] [member="Kelly Perris"] [member="Darell Irani"] [member="Draco"] Vereen

Things were moving along nicely. Danger would mull over the suggestions, giving a slight tap of her finger against the glass of whiskey in front of her. There was potential for both, but Eden was a bit too benevolent, while Harbinger...well...that likely would put anyone one on edge.

“I’ll place the names up for all to see,” Danger would inform the holo conference. A slide and swipe after a few tickity types would bring the options up.

• Eden Consolidated
  • Omen
  • Harbinger
After a few moments, Danger would include her own.
“A bit simple… but sometimes, I reckon simple is best.” a few more types and her suggestion would list the following.
  • Etti Enterprises

Hira Mitsae

[member="Kelly Perris"] | [member="Danger Arceneau"]

A modest shrug. In his line of work he found that people yearned to be reassured. They lived in a war-torn Galaxy beset by Sith warmongers, Jedi extremists, zealots of the worst kind, strange and unexplainable alien races hellbent on their destruction - only some time ago a huge amount of people had found themselves transported to hell itself: not all of them had been able to return. They desired to be convinced that at the end of the day... everything would be alright.

The truth was different. Reality was cruel and indifferent to their plight, but that desire was still there. And it was by catering to that desire that public relationships and reputation were established.

But at the end of the day his opinion wasn't the only one that mattered. So he pondered some more, before coming up with something more neutral.

"We... present solutions, do we not? Why not incorporate that in the name. InterGalactic Solutions - or if that is too close to the InterGalactic Banking Clan, Galactic Solutions... or even Etti Solutions." that last one was followed by a nod to Danger, as it was her own name that inspired his last suggestion.

The names were updated in the list, before Irani continued.

"I feel it is best we make this an outstanding issue for now, because there are other matters that deserve our attention. The list will be open for people to add more names and votes shall be held to pick the best one. Miz Arceneau, what was next on the list?"

They had spoken briefly on what both figured were important matters. He had talked enough for now.

[member="Kelly Perris"] [member="Darell Irani"]

Darell was wise with that suggestion.

"I concur with Mistah Irani." came her drawl, picking up a small thing tube by her desk. It was a vape, an electronic cigarette made by Vanir Technologies. This one was injected with a clovey spice version, one that made the redhead think of balmy nights on Tatooine while her late daddy smoked his pipe.

"If we were to move on, my first suggestion would be this." a small light came up as she took a drag, smoke filling her lungs. Drawing the e-cig from her red lips, she blew the smoke from the corner of her mouth.

"That we go close market on Titan's product line. We open it up to anyone, gentlebeings. Republic, Techno Union, Galactic Alliance... we don't just settle on the One Sith. We aim to be a neutral entity as a business within this Trade Federation."

A pause.

"Along with that I would suggest we assign rotating seats that could be nominated and voted on by the members herein. A speaker, a treasurer, and a secretary. All major dealings will require a vote from all of us, but the day to day workings can be managed by this smaller council."

Hira Mitsae

"A bold preposition, but I have always been a staunch supporter of such endeavors." Irani replied after a moment of thought. As a Sith Lord he should have lobbied against such a move, but as a businessman there was no reason for such a move. Being neutral ensured that they would have the widest projection of wealth and profit, together with the influence that comes from supplying the biggest nations in the Galaxy with their military hardware. The CEO thought about it some more before he shrugged.

"I do not think the Sith will like this move of ours, but I have some pull with them. I am quite sure I will be able to smooth things over, if I over them incentive to... close their eyes. A balm to their pride, as they say."

The next suggestion also had merit. They were all busy sentients and couldn't very well expect to all come on the Holocall when a critical decision had to be made in regards to the daily workings of the company.

"Do you have a suggestion for which sentients would assume these positions, miz Arceneau?"

[member="Darell Irani"]

"We could start with nominations, self included." she would add. Honestly, she would have preferred Gerion to be in on this, but with him being indisposed - something about a mercenary - it was unlikely that he would be present to take it.

"I'd nominate you Mistah Irani, to be part of the first council. To be rotated within a three months time or revoted into the position again by popular vote." As Danger was starting to back out of the main business dealings with Arceneau Trade and that of the Techno Union, she had some time to take chairman position of a board. It would start out with a great undertaking, and quite a bit of time to start, but at least she would be satisfied that they could bring it to a good set up to start and then relay the rest later.

Hira Mitsae

Irani didn't even blink instead preferring to incline his head just slightly in acknowledgment. Both as a merci for the trust professed as well as an acceptance of the nomination itself - concurrent with Danger, Darell himself was trying to pull out of the limelight of the corporate affairs. He was training a few established and very efficient gentlebeings to take control over Saiba directly and let himself take a much needed break from the active and demanding life. Roche had proven to him that he was in need of that: after so many years... a step-back would do good.

This would fit right into that, in all earnest. Not as chairman, no, no. That would be way too close to the position he was currently trying to disengage from, but perhaps as secretary or treasurer, yes. That would be close enough to be able to aid the affairs when necessary, but not close enough to be constantly in the fray of battle himself.

"I humbly accept. I'd like to nominate you then." another nod, this one followed with a soft smile. "And, I would like to nominate Natalja Demdred for the position of first Chairwoman. As the face of this new undertaking, to lead it into a new and prosperous future."

Miss Demdred had proven herself to be a valuable asset to the Trade Federation. Days and weeks poured into the diplomatic affairs, expanding its hold in the Corporate Sector and just showing how much she could do in this new position. In Irani's position it was time for a promotion.

[member="Darell Irani"]

At that, Danger gave a smile. Natalja Demdred was an excellent choice. In fact the young blond woman had worked hard within the Trade Federation to show not only her keen business sense, but was ambitious and had a reasonable head on her shoulder. There was no worry with her. For Danger, she gave respect due to those who were able to work and climb to make a name of themselves without the influence or the charity of others.

Natalja had earned that respect.

"I second that nomination, and accept the one by Mistah Irani..." that left treasurer and secretary. Both either the CEO of Saiba or she could do just fine.

If there were no other nominations, they could simply get to voting and move on from there.

Hira Mitsae

The voting process was smooth and without a hiccup. Not a surprise considering the individuals in this room had known each other for a long time now, at least most of them and the others... well, they had reputation to gauge as a common nominator. In the end the voting ended and the new members of the small council were decided for, Arceneau would be the treasurer, Irani the secretary and Demdred the Chairwoman. That settled that. Many of the representatives had to sign off soon after, which Darell could not blame them - they all had strict schedules to keep.

One by one the holograms winked off, until only the blue hue of Danger lighted up the room.

"That went surprisingly smooth." he'd say, while finally heading over to sit himself down. The time for keeping up appearances in front of the crowd was over and done with. He sighed contently, leaning heavily into the chair.

"Any thoughts, m'dear?"

[member="Darell Irani"]

"We have a lot to clean up and rebrand... and do so quickly and smoothly as possible." she would tell Irani. Her hand would reach out to grasp at her vape, bringing it to her lips to take a deep drag.

"Not to mention, take full inventory on what is under Titan's domain and what is with the One Sith." another area of concern. "We must make sure that if any of those on the board would like to use said technology, they do so with the understanding that it is Trade Federation property.. any large use of it should mean getting the input of the others." otherwise, they would be moving like Nuna's with their heads cut off.

"Tsavong Kraal made a name for himself. Titan made a name for itself. Their products are well made, but we must take into consideration what is left, what we can keep, and what must be scraped."

Not to mention the Yuuzhan Vong technology was ... well.. an interesting tidbit.

"I'll start with the books, going through what we have and what contracts we have outstanding. I want to see exactly where we stand. Once we decide on a name... we rebrand quickly then conduct a new PR campaign."

Hira Mitsae

"Aye, we got a long road ahead of us." gloomy premonition that got broken by the sudden chuckle afterwards. "Exciting though, no?"

He rubbed his face, before shrugging.

"Then again. I hear congratulations are in order, wedding plans in full motion, no? Might be you have more exciting things than a run-in-the-mill corporate takeover after all." it was strange to see her get married. After all these years Arceneau had become a constant. A woman who stayed neutral throughout it all and used her charms as much as her intellect to get exactly what 'momma' wanted.

To have her married. Well, it would take some used to.

Made the CEO ponder about the state of his own life. It was quite difficult to establish an actual social life whilst juggling Sith Lordness, a few corporate empires and an actual Empire to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom