Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Honor Among the Hibiscus

Resurgent Narrative

R
3xIutI9.png

A traditionally closed festival, the Light of the Ancestors Festival is an annual festival held in late Autumn in accordance with the Seoularian calendar. The festival celebrates the Ancestors and thank them for their blessings toward a bountiful harvest. The festival begins with the hanging of lanterns in the morning, followed by a prayer of gratitude (a moment of silence may be held instead). You will find many Seoularians creating small lanterns throughout their home; it is said that these lanterns are for the spirits of their ancestors to find their way back to them.
Throughout the day, many Seoularians decorate more lanterns that will be released in the evening. Food, song, and drink are not uncommon as people gather to honor the harvest and their ancestors. The Seoularians will hold a parade throughout the city during sunset to guide their ancestors back to their graves. Seoularians traditionally visit the gravesites of their ancestors and offer them food, gifts, and trappings that the dearly departed so loved during life.
After this, many Seoularians arrive at the bank of the Han River and there they release the final lanterns, making up a final farewell and offering of thanks until they meet with their ancestors again in the next life. Many Seoularians will often create small boats made of wood or paper. These fit into the palm of your hand, and they place a single hibiscus flower on this boat and set it down the river with a candle.
It is customary that each family member makes a wish as they set the boat into the river. It is said that this wish is heard by your ancestors. The festival concludes the next day, with the performance of Arirang. The national anthem of the Seoularian people. It is through Arirang that they express their sorrows and their hope.
The festival will be a welcome relief for many of the First Order’s Dosuun based citizens. After aiding Needan with their snowstorm and helping Mephout, which faced not just a catastrophic earthquake but the Blackwing Virus, this is their time to relax and take in the sight and wonders of the Seoularian capital of Sejong.
For members of the First Order Security Bureau, Storm Commandos and perhaps even Imperial Knights if they so choose. Such relief is bittersweet, for Queen Kim has reached out to Dosuun for help. The Royal Court of Seoul has uncovered an assassination plot within their midst.
Two of the Queen’s personal guards have been found murdered. One in the halls of the Royal Palace and another near the kitchens. Queen Kim’s personal guards are drawn from the ranks of the ‘Tigerkin,’ large, muscular, and typically white tiger-like beings who are Force Sensitive but keep their alignment neutral. We’re being asked to find and eliminate the would-be assassins and find out the motive and culprits behind the plot.

J5T48kl.png

Team Goral

• Commander Tae Sun-Shin of the FIV Concordia has agreed to be a cultural liaison between members of the First Order and Seoul. She will partake in the festivities herself and has offered to help guide those who wish to take part in the festival themselves.
    • Members of the Armed Forces, and Imperial Knights; You’re on liberty! Take advantage of the opportunity to get a little R&R. You can speak with Commander Sun-Shin via comlink if you need any help or guidance on where to go and what to do. She’ll meet with those who wish to participate in the festival at the Royal Museum of Natural History.
    • Government Agencies; While I wish I could say that you too are on liberty, not quite. Seoul is still consolidating a lot of its offices with Dosuun. You’ll need to head down the Royal Palace and meet with Seoularian Officials, we’re pretty sure you only have a few tasks to do, and most of them fairly mundane. Once your tasks are done, feel free to enjoy the festival!

MSWh9n0.png

Team Amur

• Objective II: Investigation
    • Palace’s Chief Inspector Kyong isn’t happy about the First Order’s arrival and presence in this investigation, but the Queen wants this solved. The two dead guards are laying up in the Sejong Medical Examiner’s office, and the crime scenes are still intact. FIMS has also been called to get a second look at the two dead guards and help analyze the crime scenes as well.
      • FOSB Agents; The Royal Palace’s detectives have put together a small roster of so-called people of interest. They’re handing these and the crime scene over to FOSB. They want this kept quiet, and we cannot stress enough how much this cannot leak to the public. The last thing we or the Seoularians need is to worry about assassins running loose in the city in the middle of what might as well be a holy festival.
      • FISC/FIRG; While this might be a little out of your wheelhouse. We’re asking that you head out into the city and blend in, take up positions if and when necessary. Areum Sun-Shin will provide any navigational assistance when and where necessary. The Royal Palace hasn’t issued any official inquiries and will most likely, not - again discretion is key. Your job is to keep the people safe and the Queen. We’re told she’s going to take part in some of the festivities. Keep her and the people of Sejong safe. You’ll have help from the local law enforcement once you’re on the ground.
      • FIMS; The Queen’s specifically asked for a second pair of eyes on her guards. The Tigerkin are highly resistant and well trained, they don’t go down easy. Early reports from the Sejong ME is that the one found in the Hall died of asphyxiation, while the one who died in the kitchen was poisoned. We have no reason to doubt these reports, but we will conduct a thorough autopsy and examine any and all biological samples brought back from the crime scenes.

2DLwfGY.png

Team Black Bear
  • Objective III: Socialize
    • Neither taking part in the festival or the ongoing investigation. Many citizens from around the First Order are welcomed to enjoy the festival itself. Watching, observing, and of course, enjoying all that the Seoularian cuisine has to offer. Drinks will flow and memories will be made, there are museums and shops to visit. Enjoy yourself!
      • First Order Personnel: Anyone that is part of the Armed Forces/Imperial Knights/Government Office is on leave. Allowing them to take advantage of a paid vacation. They're welcomed to bring along guests to enjoy their time in Seoul.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nima Vantoon

N
MSWh9n0.png

Team Amur

Agent Vantoon, your mission is simple.

FOSB has informed of a developing situation in Seoul. The Royal Court of Seoul has uncovered an assassination plot within their midst. Two of the Queen’s personal guards have been found murdered. One in the halls of the Royal Palace, another near the kitchens. The Queen has expressed that this matter be put to rest as quickly and quietly as possible- a event known as Light of the Ancestors Festival will also be occurring. As this incident has occurred in the Home Sector, OIS will be one of several FOSB assets on ground.

You will be charged with finding these assassins, and rooting out any support by collaborators and sympathizers against the Queen and the Royal Court. You are cleared to take any measures to ensure the success of your mission; just don't be loud, and don't compromise any standing assets or operations. Please note: you
cannot afford to compromise your cover. Lady Nima Vantoon of The House of Vantoon of Vardos, socialite and philanthropist, was never on Seoul. You will operate under codename 'Aegis' at all times. You will avoid the festival and high traffic areas whenever possible- when not, you will go incognito. I will leave the particulars to you.

Additionally, you will be liaising with FISC/FIRG, FIMS, and FOSB assets as necessary. You will avoid the Imperial Knights unless it's necessary to the completion of the mission- quite frankly, I do not believe the Knight-Commander is aware of your existence, and your recruitment may cause a bureaucratic nightmare for the OIS. Force-Sensitives operating not within the auspices of the Knights are...irregular, and not appreciated. For similar reasons, you will avoid direct interactions with FO government officials, except as necessary to the completion of the mission.

Proceed to Seoul immediately. Meet with Palace’s Chief Inspector Kyong- he should be able to give you the most up-to-date dossier on the assassins. Good luck, Agent.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OIS had me operating out of an apartment Namyang Manufacturing District. It had clearly seen better days- it was a part of the District that was slow to recover from the Fall. But it was relatively out of the way from the regular foot traffic, so that made it perfect.

Walking around in my armor, full-armed defeated the purpose of accomplishing the mission. So with reluctance, I had left my vibroshield and armor in the apartment- I'd only come back for it if things got really hairy. Unfortunately, they were just too distinctive. I took my lightsaber shotos, and a verpine shatter gun with me-weapons small enough, and easy enough to hide on my person.

I frowned as I looked at a mirror, deciding how best to hide my identity before coming to a decision. First, I braided my long tresses into cornrows, compact enough to put a wig on. Then, carefully, I put in some colored contacts, to in effect look like I wasn't blind. The coup de grace was the lifts in my shoes. The effect was that I now had grey eyes, short wavy hair, and looked taller then Nima Vantoon, socialite.

That settled, it was deciding on an approach to enter the palace. Sneaking in was automatically discarded out of hand; the chance, with heightened security, of being discovered and the fallout associated with being caught endangered the mission. Using the Force to simply trick the guards was also discarded; I may fool some people, but the palace was surely being monitored from all angles. Out of the question. So I decided on the simplest way: contact the Palace, explain why I was coming, and stress the need for discretion for my comings and goings.

I called the OIS office to explain my needs, who in turned reach out to the Royal Palace via a backchannel. As it turned out, the Palace was well aware of FOSB's presence. OIS had a unmarked landspeeder outside the apartment within the hour.

About 30 minutes later, we stopped. Immediately, two Tigerkin approached, glowering at me. "Come", the one on the left growled. Bemused, I clambered out of the speeder, and was led to the crime scene, stopping in front of a door.

"The crime scene is through here", the one who had spoken earlier growled at me. "You will observe and speak to the Chief Inspector regarding the...incident. We advise that you don't wonder off; there is an assassin among us."

Rolling my eyes, I opened the door. "Is there a Chief Inspector Kyong here?" I said, being careful not to disturb the crime scene. "I need to talk you. Somebody from my office may have told you I was coming."

Renata Westaway | Masayu Kimura | Ryker Atreides | Isobel Nakano | Kim Dae-Hyun | Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas | Otzdrava Velexia | DG-4582 | Firenne Van-Derveld Firenne Van-Derveld | Varick Lechner Varick Lechner | Kassandra Distorith Kassandra Distorith | Zole Zole | Bellam Malhan Bellam Malhan | Nylea Apollodor Nylea Apollodor |
Nora Lithos Nora Lithos

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

2DLwfGY.png

Tagging: Open.

K5JF1aO.png

Being on leave was something Fevris was not used to.

Even on the rare occasion when she could allow herself a day off, her meticulous and restless personality had never allowed her to remain away from her work for long. Slaving away at a hospital, laboratory or office seemed to be as necessary for the Doctor as sleeping, eating and breathing were. Working was intrinsic to her very nature, diligent and ambitious.

It had been only recently that Fevris was learning to enjoy free time again, mostly spent in the company of the woman who held the affection and care that so little got to know from Derzelas, Shalita Verd Shalita Verd .

Her girlfriend had not been able to accompany her on this trip to Seoul, but keeping her in her thoughts, Fevris had decided to try and enjoy the festive scene that currently dominated the planet. In the worst case, nothing would stop her from returning to her hotel room to lose herself in datapads and papers if the night didn't manage to entertain her. So, the Doctor had taken to the lantern-lit streets to be welcomed by a colorful and cheery atmosphere.

She was clad in a dark colored, more casual suit; dark red embroidery forming a flower on her left shoulder followed by a design that crawled down her back. It was not Seoulian per se, but it matched the aesthetic of the planet very well. Some people were already taking to the streets, mostly moving towards the main avenues and public spaces were the main events would occur. Fevris preferred to avoid the crowds for now, and so she stopped by a small food stand to order herself a drink, with the intention of continuing her exploration soon.

Attached to the hemline of her pants was her pager, forever with her and ready to alert her if she was needed. It did no matter if this was a vacation or not. People took days off, duty never did.

Elisea Apollodor

E
2DLwfGY.png

Elisea had arrived the day before, with Nylea and Nora. Nora was visiting and Elisea couldn't think of anything better than to attend this beautiful festival. Aside from that the food in Sejong had been amazing, and thus far she had not been disappointed. "Annyeonghaseyo," she greeted a hostess with a small bow and a smile, getting use out of the crash-course Seoulian (Hangul) lessons that FIMS gave to personnel before their official arrival. They were somewhere across from Honglim Street and the huge Yoonsun Cho Market. All the while the pager that was clipped onto her pants felt heavier by the second.
It was early afternoon, and she wanted to grab a bite to eat before they headed down to the museums. "The lanterns look fabulous, and I can't wait for tonight." Elisea remarked to both Nora and Nylea as she took a seat on the floor cushion. A waitress approached and offered up menus, and took their drink orders. Elisea ordered a cool glass of barley tea, or boricha. "Oh, I managed to snag this from the city center yesterday, a touristy map for our convience."
She set it down on the table, "where should we go first?"
Not that downtown Sejong wasn't fun enough, as it stood she swore they got lost last night.

2DLwfGY.png

Seoul. A planet he had done some reading about on the way but not somewhere he was familiar with, though it seemed to be rather popular among foodies due to its unique and varied cuisine. It seemed there was some sort of festival going on at this time of year as well and one that was not usually open to outsiders so that should be interesting to see. Kurayami smiled slightly to himself and chuckled as he thought of just how much Raylia had really rubbed off on him. Even if he was more than likely to be too drunk to remember much of the experience. Now there was an idea, a pub crawl on a planet he had never visited. No one said it was a good idea, but he did have those on occasion as well, few and far between as they may be.

After getting clearance from orbital control he followed the transmitted approach vector for his ship and set it down gently dropping the helmet onto the seat as he climbed out. There was a bit of a chill in the air to him but he didn't take too much note of it as he zipped up the flight jacket a bit and made his way towards the city itself. He was silent as he watched the activity around him, it was far calmer than he would have expected. Not to say that there wasn't plenty of activity going on, but compared to what he was used to this city felt like it was standing still. In some ways it was strange to him, wondering how long it had been since he had felt this sense of peace. Overall at least. Of course the myriad of feeling was present through the Force, but most of them seemed to be little more than background noise in the grand scheme. Besides he carried only his lightsaber with him tonight. He hoped that it wouldn't be needed but it was certainly better to be ready than to be caught completely unaware.

2DLwfGY.png
Seoul had always been on Nylea's list of planets to visit one day, and there was no better time than during the festival. The day before had been spent getting lost in the city of Sejong, something the echani would keep fond memories of. Even better was the fact that she wasn't here by herself but, joined by the two people she held dearest to her. It wasn't too long ago that she'd visit places on her own, isolating herself a little, but now she had been reminded of how important it was to share life's experiences with those you cared about. From Nora and herself getting separated from Elisea and them trying to find out where she had gone to watching the night sky with Elisea by her side, the trip had been one to remember already.

"I have no doubt they will create an amazing view," Nylea said in response to Elisea as the trio sat down for a bite to eat. The festival was all new to her, but it was equally fascinating to witness the Seoulian tradition first hand. Luckily Elisea spoke at least a bit of the Seoulian language, as the echani herself didn't speak a word of it. Drink orders were taken and she decided to copy her girlfriend's choice, curious about the taste.

When the map was laid out, Nylea took a look over it, but waited for what Nora and Elisea had to say. She herself didn't really mind where they would go; being able to explore together was more than enough for her. "There really is a lot to do today, huh," she did comment, noting all of the little markers on the map that signified all the points of interest.

Elisea Korrado // Nylea Apollodor Nylea Apollodor

“Terima kasih, saya yakin kami akan melakukannya.” The words seemed hollow, but Nora bowed her head nonetheless in a sign of respect. Her attention set on the other two with a gentle shrug. “You learn these things out in the field. Worked with a Seoularian a while ago who showed me a lot of their culture.”

The trio took a seat and Nora immediately got to adjusting her silverware. Knife in a straight line alongside the fork. Glass centered behind the plate, the same plate that she adjusted in such a manner that the pattern along its ceramic rim appeared to be as symmetric as possible. She glanced up at the map splayed across the table’s top before she slowly began to nod.

“Well, Hyonu always said I needed to see the Yoonsun Cho Market.” Nora continued to nod. “Mentioned a Gong-Won Square, supposed to be an important cultural centre.”

She pointed at a point on the map, it was a bit off. “Close to the museum of culture.”

Resurgent Narrative

R
MSWh9n0.png

YwxQEBi.png

Chief Inspector Kyoung turned over his shoulder, and he resisted the urge to roll his eyes, "no they didn't say." He paused for the sardonic comment to take its hit. "Yes, I'm well aware of your arrival, considering the Queen specifically asked for the First Order's help." Kyoung hated that his case was being taken out from under him. He hadn't even begun to dig in, "so unless you're gonna gawk there all day." The Chief Inspector had knelt down and looked at the floor carefully. Kyoung reached into an evidence kit beside him and began to lay down a specific film. "Shoe impressions, interesting, Tigerkin don't wear shoes."

"Disrupts their natural footing."

Kyoung lifted the film and held it in the air, he shifted his gaze toward the agent. "Take a look at this, let me know if there's anything else you see in that impression. When you're done hand it to the tech so we can run it through our database."

He rose to his feet, his shoes covered with booties. "Oh and here," he tossed a pair of them toward the agent, "put these on unless you'd like to keep putting your prints on my scene."

"What's also interesting is that this one was supposedly choked out, or somehow deprived of his oxygen." Kyoung stopped and shook his head, "either this guy had quite the drop or something else was happening here. Tigerkins are not ones to test your stealth skills on." He'd elaborate on the fact that the Tigerkin's whiskers were able to sense vibrations, so even the slightest movement usually tipped them off.

GWpGQZL.png

While the festival was ongoing, and the people created their lanterns. An assassin lurked among them all, who they were and what they looked like still remained a mystery to both the FOSB, and the Royal Palace. Thus far, the city police haven't been told much beyond to look out for anyone suspicious. A task that they were already accustomed to, and thus could easily fall asleep on. It didn't help that people from across the First Order, had arrived on Sejong it seemed. Avalonia, New Laveau, Cape Velikaya - it didn't seem to matter where within the nation they hailed.

They were all here to take in the splendor of the Seoularian festival. Food, drink, and beautiful lights along with cultural sentimentality - the Assassin only smirked. They along with compatriots were looking to send a message - a free and independent Seoul, in spite of Seoul's willingness to join the First Order. In spite of the fact that the Queen and her family were close to the First Order, or that many of the people there were fond their relations with the First Imperials.

A group of dark-sided and like-minded individuals had come together to set their plans into motion. What they hadn't been expecting was the presence of light-sided beings. Still, the group would press on and the assassin - or assassins would continue to lurk among the people.

Aurelian Dash

A
It wasn't honor Aurelian was after. A quiet rustle and a giggle escaped the small hibiscus grove, short hedges providing just a touch of privacy. Following the gentle exclamation - a whispered hush. Endeavors ceased, brisk footfalls revealing their time was up. They had been discovered. Quickly the man and woman emerged, the latter pressing her hands along the run of her summer dress as if to straighten the creases and wrinkles out. Aurelian for what it was worth managed to rebutton the top of his shirt, swarthy smile stretching across his stubble ridden features. Blankly, one of the roaming peacekeepers stared at the man. "Whoops - guess we got carried away didn't we?" Aurelian beamed. Behind him, adjusting a strap at her shoulder, the auburn haired woman produced an embarrassed smile before turning on a heel. "I'll uh, see you later!" she exclaimed, just as quickly disappearing into the streets of people there to celebrate the Light of the Ancestors festival.

Turning back to face the peacekeeper Aurelian was met with a shake of the man's head. "Move along then. An' don't let me catch you doing that again." A sheepish grin and a nodding head was all the man needed before he too turned on his heel and headed away from the now solitary agent. Well - there was plenty more to do now wasn't there? "Guess I'd better go find something worthwhile to do." Aurelian mumbled.

Elisea Apollodor

E
2DLwfGY.png
"Oh the market, it has all the best grub in town, or so I've read on the holonet," Elisea commented and then turned her attention to Nylea as their drinks were served. "It will be great, I've seen photos from the years before, the ones posted on social media at least." Elisea then examined the menu carefully. "Oh man, these scallion and seafood pancakes look great to start with, and then we can get a bit of barbeque." She pointed out on the menu what she was going to order. "What about you Nora? Nylea?"
The waitress would come around again and took up their orders, "and I did hear that the square was supposed to be an important place of culture, hopefully we'll get to see it."
The aroma from the kitchens was overwhelming, "gosh it all smells so good, I wish I had more time to spend here." Other patrons began to walk into the restaurant, and at least one of the workers. A woman with auburn hair and a summer dress who rushed into the employee's area. Elisea's attenion was turned toward the tray of appetizers as it approached their table. "Gamsaamnida," she thanked their waitress and felt her stomach rumble as it was placed before them.
"Maybe we can come back, after the festival, that'd be nice, won't be as many people for sure."
"You mentioned working with a Seoularian before, where at Nora?"

Kim Dae-Hyun

K
Team Black Bear

DK hadn't expected to return to Seoul so soon after leaving it, and he was not pleased necessarily to be back. He was a minor royal, excluded from most of the royal family's festivities due to his status as what Seoularians would call a 'half-breed'. He had stopped in to visit his parents, to be clapped on the shoulder by his Seoularian father and fussed over by his Corellian mother, but he was expected to be seen around the place in his First Order uniform to underline the bond between the First Order and its Seoularian members states.

It didn't matter what he did, he was reliably informed, as long as he was seen to be doing it. He elected to visit the history museum on Sejong. The optics of wallowing in the history of his people during such an auspicious time was promising, or so he thought. After kissing his mother goodbye and promising to return before he departed the planet, he went out into the streets and headed for downtown, his flight officer's uniform crisp and pristine, medals and rank insignia gleaming.

Isobel Nakano

I
Isobel Nakano was behind the honor guard that had discovered Aurelian Dash in the bushes with a woman Isobel didn't recognize. Perfectly manicured black eyebrows shot up, but she said nothing. In fact, the whole scene was deeply amusing on one hand and somewhat tragic on the other. It made her confront the painful absence of Val Pellian from her life. Agent Crane, as he was known in intelligence circles, was involved in some kind of covert, deep-cover operation. They hadn't spoken in months. She didn't even know whether he was alive.

Better not to indulge in that possibility. Better simply to look forward to a reunion sometime soon. She hoped it would involve something more impressive than a hedge. This brought an enigmatic smile to her face as she emerged from behind the guard, her eyes twinkling a little as she met Dash's gaze with her own. "Enjoying the local delicacies?" she asked airily as she fell into step beside him.

Isobel wasn't technically on duty; Delilah Graham assigned her to gather intelligence through social means without identifying herself as an operative. The theory was that people would be more likely to talk to a pretty girl in a dress rather than a licensed officer. To that end, she wore a pale blue sundress with alternating stylized floral pattern of even paler blue.

Shifting her handbag from one wrist to the other, she hoisted it carefully. "I hope you brought protection," she murmured. "I mean — something from the Black Lotus line. Can I interest you in something?"

2DLwfGY.png
While Nylea didn't really know what place to visit next, Nora was luckily a lot better at making decisions. It was a dynamic that went back as far as their friendship did, but even after all those years the echani had only gotten marginally better at it. Her promise to be more confident in her decisions hadn't amounted to all that much. At least it wasn't nearly as difficult whenever it was urgent.

It looked like sights were now set on the market, which sounded like a nice place to visit. "I am sure it will look much more mesmerizing when seeing it with your own eyes, as well. I definitely cannot wait," Nylea added while at the same time their drinks were served. She thanked the waitress with a nod, feeling slightly awkward for being the only one among them who didn't speak a word of the language. Luckily the simple act of pointing at the dish she found most appealing was enough to get her order in, and off the waitress went.

"We could always visit again sometime, love. Perhaps on a vacation?" Nylea certainly would've had no issue coming back to Seoul to explore more of the planet. Perhaps the fact she spent most of her time in less well-off places made her more receptive to the sights and sounds here, but that didn't change the fact she was quite enamored with Seoul.

Nima Vantoon

N
MSWh9n0.png

I paused, silently taking in the Chief Inspector's words, as I examined the film before handing them back to the tech. On some level, I can certainly understand Kyoung's anger- I was an unquantified entity, essentially taking an investigation from (by all indications) a qualified office. But, if this intransigence became a running issue, I'd address it.

"Looks like you've done some good work here, Inspector", I said as I slipped on the booties. "I still have several questions. Perhaps that most pertinent: has your office compiled a list of probable suspects? Specifically, are there any parties or persons who not only bear ill-will towards the Crown, but have the means, access, and skill-set to not only thoroughly penetrate Palace security, but dispatch a Tigerkin in the way you've described?"

"This shoe print- can it be determined if this make and model something specific to palace staff? Does it have a specific use, or is it for general utility?"

"Additionally, do we a log of everyone who was in the palace during the estimated time of death of the Guards? Can we corroborate the whereabouts of every persons on the grounds? Surveillance on entrances and exits?"

"Finally- does the Crown affiliate with any Force-sensitives outside the Tigerkin, or are you aware of any Force-sensitive person or persons that bear ill will to the Crown?"

Resurgent Narrative

R
MSWh9n0.png

GWpGQZL.png

Such a delight to see people enjoying themselves, the group of assassins had to admit. The timing could not have been better, they checked their watch and waited for they knew that the Queen would want to take part. The Royal House was never one to disappoint and they of course had the largest part of the cemetery. Ah yes, that is where they would strike but of course, they needed a distraction. An easy, easy distraction, while Isobel Nakano and Aurelian Dash occupied themselves the group would take its time.

The merriment and even sorrow held by some or all could be felt even as Nora Lithos Nora Lithos and Nylea Apollodor Nylea Apollodor enjoyed their meal. A faint whisper of the dark side reached out to them. It was unmistakable, it was cold - and lifeless as it passed through the streets. Most would not notice but those who could feel and touch the Force as it pulled around them would know. They would soon all be aware of S E O K G A, named for a local diety - a rebellious trickster god.

A scream, a blood curtling scream at a near by ancestral shrine, Kwan Ancestral Shrine between the Forest Belt and the Han River. The Seoularian National Police were quick to respond but even they felt the blood leave their bodies. The sight of two people, torn to pieces and scattered across the shrine was sickening, even more maddening was the message hastily written in the native tongue.

Two bodies have I, two joined into one,

The more I stand still the faster I run.
I flip on my head, Some watch me with dread.
What am I?

The answer to the riddle would provide a clue as to where the killer(s) plan to strike next. Meanwhile, the Seokga prepared their ambush - and for those who sought to enjoy their vacation it would come to an end. Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas and Elisea Korrado would be summoned to the Medical Examiner's office where the two Tigerkin and soon - two people would meet them, for they all had a story to tell.

cOYgRQY.png

YwxQEBi.png

Inspector Kyoung busied himself with reading over the guard roster and the duty list. "Probably suspects?" He arched a brow and did his best not to remark on it. "We do not have enough yet to provide a list of suspects, but persons of interests are rapidly coming to mind as we peel away each scene, layer by layer."

He took a moment and looked at what was presented before him. The names of the deceased stood out, Tokko who perished in the hall, and Mangjol who perished in the kitchen. "There are very, very few of which you describe who can do any of those things, "and unfortunately some of them are even part of Her Majesty's family," Kyoung spoke with a matter-of-fact tone which could be mistaken as condescending or rude, but rather was meant to be curt. "We have her younger sister, Sarang, the Chief of Palace Security Geon, the new Chief of Palace Intelligence Kwang-Su, and her cousin, Ji-Hun. They are all simply persons of interests."

"You can get their files from my office, and from there you should head over to the Medical Examiner's office that's where the two Tigerkin have been sent." Kyoung paused as he thought on the agent's other questions. "As for Force Sensitives? Mhmmm." Again he was lost in thought for a moment as he tried to put together anyone specifically from the Palace. "Seoularians view the Force like the act of the supernatural, so, I would speak with the Royal Shaman Yun."

Tigerkin though. "Tigerkin are the last thing we touch. I'll direct you to speak with the Tigerkin's Clan Chief. "Ahn Sunheung, their village is east of the city - and my advice? Don't go there alone. My office should be able to get you a quick download on how to approach the the Tigerkin, oh and uh, they hate visitors especially now with two dead."

"I'll send you the information about the shoe once we get it."

That would be the Agent's cue to head out.

Elisea Apollodor

E
2DLwfGY.png
Elisea had gotten a few bites into her food when her pager went off, "you're kidding me." She muttered as she unclipped it from her belt. She grabbed a few more bites with one hand while reclipping her pager. It was, to say the least a very antiquated device but one that FIMS still had a use for. "I'm so sorry, but I am being summoned to duty." She gave Nylea a kiss on the cheek. Elisea then dug into her purse and grabbed a few sovs, and paid for the meal there. "You guys keep going and have fun, please, I will catch up when I can."
Another kiss for Nylea, and then Elisea was up on her feet, chair tucked in and out the door she went. The lanterns now hung throughout the streets, and people were readying themselves for a trip down to the cemetery it seemed. Meanwhile, Elisea got to a bus stop and plotted out her route to the coordinates given. The Medical Examiner's Office? I'm... Well I'm research but what... Her thoughts trailed off as she tried to think of just why she would be headed there. Then Elisea wondered just how many FIMS personnel were 'on-call' here, and then it meant not many or at the very least not the ones that were needed.
MSWh9n0.png
The Avalonian got off the bus and found herself near one of the Seoularian National Police Stations. The Medical Examiner's Office wasn't too hard to distinguish, the loading bays accompanied by funeral vehicles. Then there was a slight odor, that grew as she approached the side of the office, clearly labled 'morgue'. Elisea grabbed her stomach, had she known she would be here - she would not have opted for lunch right before. In the local dialect, she asked where she should go, and at first it was like no one knew. Then, an officer with the Royal Police escorted her through the office and told her to wait. Elisea fished out her FIMS badge and hung it around her neck and waited.
Apparently the Royal Police had been waiting for Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas before letting them both into the examination room where the two corpses were rolled in. Elisea's face drained of color and she realized now that she should have never volunteered for on-call duty. Chief Medical Examiner Hannah Park, arrived shortly thereafter. "Hannah Park, CME in Sejong and my apologies if you two were taken away from the festivities, but the Queen has insisted on the First Order being part of this investigation. Chief Inspector Kyoung has assembled a quick holotape to get you two up to speed."
The tape would play and provide the known details of the case just as Dr. Park began to pull down the lights over the two bodies and directed both Dr. Derzelas and Elisea on proper attire while in the examinination room.

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

MSWh9n0.png

Tagging: Elisea Korrado ~ Resurgent Narrative

K5JF1aO.png

The Doctor was immensely thankful for the lessons on Seoularian they received before their arrival, as well as for her memory and the skill of her tongue to produce sounds that were not very familiar to her. Her accent, of course, was still evident but communicating with the locals had been smooth sailing so far, language barrier and all. The drink she had ordered was strong but pleasant, had she not been on her own or had she taken her responsibilities less seriously, Fevris wouldn't have minded ordering some more and spending the night watching over the festival while enjoying the local beverage.

Of course, this would not come to pass.

Just she took the last sip in her glass, the familiar ringing of the pager went off and her hand instinctively reached for it. Her presence had been required immediately at the Medical Examiner's office, and a questioning frown settled on her brow. Something had happened, now it was only a matter of finding out what. Bidding her goodbye to the locals that had been around her, Fevris lost no time in making her way through the city towards the location. She had been a away from the area, and as thus the trip was slightly longer than she would have liked.

Upon her arrival, her confident and elegant stride took her towards the office. The familiar smell of the morgue filled her nose, being used to it did not make it any more pleasant - but at least it was no longer the bother it had been in the past. After presenting her badge and identifying herself, she was led into the building. There, she saw Elisea Korrado, a face she knew from the FIMS. "Elisea, good to see you." Her greeting was spoken in a neutral but sufficiently friendly tone. Her eyes met the other woman's, an unspoken question in them, to see if she was already in on the reason why they had been summoned. Apparently, both of them were clueless for the time being.

Then the two bodies were rolled on, and the already naturally serious expression on Fevris' faced seemed to deepen. The words of the Chief Medical Examiner were processed as her eyes still went over the two corpses, only once the tape was pulled out did they meet the Seoularian woman. The tape began playing as Fevris pulled on the pertinent protective attire over her suit: surgical gown, facemask, goggles and gloves. Opening up dead people was not how she had planned to spend this little trip. Occupational hazards.

Once the tape was over, Fevris offered a short understanding nod before allowing her deep blue eyes to settle on the other two women. "I'd suggest we split up," The faster they conducted the autopsies, the faster they would make information available for those investigating the murders. And time was of the essence when it came to these types of crimes.

Hector Finn-Camden

H
Henry Finn-Camden had never been to Sejong before, nor had he ever set foot on Seoul as far as he was aware. He had come here not out of interest in the planet or their quaint ceremonies, but to meet someone of importance outside the fishbowl of Avalonia, where they might meet unobserved. He had been wanting to meet with her since that shocking display at Remembrance Week those weeks ago. There was much to discuss, much to do once the shifting sands of Natasi Fortan's return settled into a new landscape.

The car eased to a half in front of what looked like a park, and Henry looked up from his datapad. "Is this right?" he asked. "It's supposed to be a tea room."

"This is the address, sir," the driver said, adjusting his cap. "I believe the tea service is within the park. There are signs."

Henry wrinkled his nose, gazing out the window, then sighed and reached into his pocket to provide a generous credit chit. "Thank you. I'll signal when I need you." He pressed the chit into the driver's palm and emerged from the car, straightening his jacket carefully. He had donned a fashionable three-piece suit in pale grey-blue windowpane fabric with a maroon tie. His boots, howver polished now, would likely not survive first contact with the park. Henry searched out a sign, then followed it, heading for what was turning out to be a very different tea than he had expected. When he arrived, he was shown to a clearing in the woods deep within the park, and he approached the woman who rose and stood to shake hands.

"You know, when you invite a Galidraani to tea," he said as he looked around the surroundings, "You should clarify that you really mean camping."

Isobel Nakano

I
Before Aurelian responded, Isobel's comlink chirped, and she heard his go off as well. Eyebrows furrowing, she reached into her handbag and pulled her comlink out, careful to avoid pulling out one of the FO-C.O.M.L.I.N.K. models she carried just in case. She held the comlink to her ear and answered with a clipped: "Nakano."

As the agent on the other side of the line provided the details of the call, her impish smile vanished from her lips. She looked at Aurelian Dash, her dark eyes shining with alarm, then barked a curt "Yes, on my way," before disconnecting the call. As she hustled towards the street, she signaled for a First Order staff car and piled in, giving the instructions. It roared away, sirens blaring to clear traffic. Still it took a lot of time to get there, so by the time she had arrived, the police had already cordoned off and processed the area. The bodies were gone, but the blood was still there. Isobel wished she had allowed herself a moment to catch her breath before ascending to the shrine, because what she saw shook her to her core.

The chief detective greeted her and briefed her, showing her a set of photographs on his datapad showing the scene where they were standing now. Two bodies torn apart. Blood spattered everywhere. Seoularian words written in the grisly paint. "I need a translation," she said. He duly recited the words: "Two bodies have I, two joined into one, The more I stand still the faster I run. I flip on my head, Some watch me with dread. What am I?"

"What the hell does that mean?" she asked. The police officer shrugged. "Anything from the medical examiner yet? Time of death? Weapon used? Anything?"

"Nothing yet. I'm heading there after I wrap up here, if you two need a lift."

Isobel thanked the man and turned back to Dash. "How good are you at riddles?"

Elisea Apollodor

E
MSWh9n0.png
A0AQoQN.png

Dr. Park agreed with Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas , "here you go the files for Tokko, and I will look into Mangjol." She waved Elisea over to help her, and at that moment Elisea wished she was someone else. She looked down at the creature on the slab, ghastly pale fur with faded gray stripes that once were a vibrate shade of onyx. Mangjol on appearence had been stabbed and as the Avalonian began to hand Dr. Park equipment, the doctor began to discuss the biology of the Tigerkin.

"Tigerkins are not known for going down so easily, they as you might be able to discern are a hardy species." Dr. Park continued as she shaved fur and peeled away skin to reveal muscles, tissues, and everything else. "Tokko there did die of aphysxiation but there was no evidence of strangulation, my educated guess is Force choke, but the caveat here is that the Tigerkin are not just Force Sensitive, but their whiskers allow them to detect vibrations so any kind of movement is easily detected."

A mask over her face gave some distortion to Dr. Park's voice but not enough to cause Elisea any trouble with hearing her out. "Now, Mangjol here was stabbed and it cut into an artery but there are defensive wounds here and here, get a picture of these for me, will you?"

Elisea moved over to a table beside her and plucked out the camera. "Now, this tells me whoever took out Tokko wasn't expecting Mangjol to be in the kitchen."

"I am unfortunately at a slight disadvantage, Doctors..."

"Oh, I'm uh a research chief, Elisea Korrado and that is Dr. Derzelas," Elisea inclined her head in Derzelas' direction. "So, these guys are Force Sensitive and can detect vibrations, how did Tokko get caught off guard?"

"That my friend is the million sovereign question," Dr. Park spoke while making a precise incision, "can you get a sample of his blood, and then Tokkos and get them into the centrifuge." She then mentally made a note of where she had last left off with regard to the Tigerkin. "They don't wear shoes either, disrupts their footing and movement - but he has something here." The Chief Medical Examiner happened a glance at Mangjol's back right paw. "Elisea, once you're done with the blood samples I need you to take a picture of this."

"How are you coming along Dr. Derzelas?"

Just as Dr. Park asked, she was paged and looked down, a sigh escaped her lips. "We've got incoming." She moved hurriedly across the room, she tossed her gloves into a biohazard receptacle. It was after that that Elisea noticed the partition line in the cieling. Dr. Park moved quickly to push the partition wall down to create more room. Two more bodies had been brought in, Dr. Park stood in front of a console as the other two bodies were set up on the slabs. "Ancestors have mercy," she let slip as the bodies - were not whole, but rather in pieces and grossly dismembered.

If the Avalonian hadn't already had regrets about lunch right before, she did now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom