Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Homecoming [SJO]

1CUnYHE.png

It'd been a long time since Gida returned to the order or at the very least the closest thing to the order she knew. She had stopped by the temple of Coruscant only to find the Jedi there different to how she remembered them. In search of somewhere to belong she started to journey the galaxy in hopes of finding it. Her search was not in vain however as words from citizens of the galaxy spoke of the Jedi and it's many orders across the stars. Determined to understand things better she sought after what she was told as the oldest of the orders, the Order of the Silver Jedi.

Taking strides to the entrance to Silver Rest was strange to her. Kashyyyk was no stranger to her though it seemed off to her, the energies surrounding the planet, the life she could feel within it just wasn't as she remembered. She couldn't place a finger on exactly where this feeling came from though. The feeling ends as she arrives as the entrance however to which everything ahead of her was now new.

Gida waited for the doors to part and gain her entrance to the greeting center to see the wonders inside. This wasn't like the grand temple at all, it was new, elegant, different, something for a new breed of Jedi. She wandered in with her awe getting the better of her as she walked towards the receptionist. Looking down towards the man at the reception as she goes to speak, her lekku twitching in unison with her words. "Hello.. is it possible to make a meeting with one of importance within the Order here? I'm somewhat new and wish to discuss with someone on what it takes to join here.. and what the Silver jedi are about."

After speaking she stands there rather awkwardly and nervously. She figets with the tips if her lekku as she awaits a response. The armor she dons displayed to all, a relic of the past in a rather well kept state, even if there's visible signs of use.

"I was once a jedi knight" he said "but then I realised that the jedi order was not the place for me. So then the darkness took me I suffered under the power of the darkness. But then I learned of the silver jedi. It all changed I forgot my old ways and learned to secure the balance within myself. I went on to found my own order in the teachings of the silver jedi." Then he stood quietly, until he said "what is it exactly that you seek? A teacher? Meaning? Or is it just knowledge?"

1CUnYHE.png

Gida became startled as the man appeared in the corner of her eye. As he went to speak she reached for her lightsabers but stopped just short of them. He didn't seem to be hostile, but something about the aura of the man she did not trust. She stood there cautiously as he talked, trying to learn what she could from his words.

"Knowledge" she answered to his questions. "I know nothing of the Jedi of late, let alone those that call themselves silver. I came to learn what seperates them from the rest."

Tags:
Varloc Varloc

1CUnYHE.png

She gives the man a nod though doesn't move before him, opting to follow where he would walk. "How long as the Order been around?" she inquires now that she is more at rest then before. Her caution still present though it is more contained then it was.

Tags: Varloc Varloc

They begin to walk outside of the complex "The silver jedi are so old that a deffinet date is unknown. It was founded by jedi the ones that thought that the jedi councils rules were to not right, mostly because the jedi banned many teachings. This brings us to the basics of the order. The order is not dark or light, silver stands in between black and white. Like my saber for example." He said igniting his lightsaber, a purple blade emitted from the hilt. "Purple the color that is made of blue, used by the jedi, and red, used by the sith. So the order like my blade is in the middle." He stopped and looked at the Twi'lek. "Do you understand?"

"While that was once the case, it was many centuries ago."

Audren normally didn't involve himself in these discussions. He was by no means the best representative of the Order: never had been and never would be. Yet there was no choice but to step in when he overheard someone stating that the Silver Jedi were between Light and Dark. The history was accurate from a certain perspective, and the government that was now known as the Silver Jedi had embraced dark-siders in the relatively recent past, but it had been many years now since that was the case...and they had not been 'between light and dark'.

And it irked him that this person claimed blue was the color of lightsabers for the Jedi and red for the Sith. Not the case.

The Sephi was on Kashyyyk for one of his infrequent visits. With the demands on his time as they were, he typically returned here with specific goals and duties in mind and rarely built any leeway into the schedule. It wasn't uncommon for the sound of lightsabers here - it was a Jedi temple after all. Walking someone obviously young and unfamiliar with the group out of the front entrance and giving them information about the Order that was currently inaccurate indicated a potential problem though, which meant that he needed to step in. At least until someone more familiar with the current workings of the Order happened by.

He had dressed appropriate for the occasion. The Jedi Master wore robes and had his lightsaber clipped to his belt. His longer hair was pulled back and controlled, yet still loose in a manner favored by many of years past. His manner was normally calm and relaxed, if no-nonsense and to the point. As it was now, but with something else thrown into the mix. Not quite hesitation or suspicion, but getting there. He gave a short bow to the two of them, enough to show respect but not taking his eyes off of either.

"Forgive my interruption, please. I am Master Audren Sykes and couldn't help but overhear your discussion as I was heading into the Temple. I don't believe I know either of you however, though that is far from unexpected these days. You are?"

Gida'Vida Gida'Vida | Varloc Varloc

"Master Sykes I dont believe we have met, I was just talking to my young friend here" he said waving in Gida'Vida's direction. "Perhaps you can explain what the silver order is and what it should be." He said .

1CUnYHE.png

Varloc talked and Gida listened. The more he talked however the more she couldn't help but feel skeptical of his words, more so when she saw the lightsaber presented before her. His brazen display caught her off guard, not expecting him to just ignite one so freely. It made her wonder if they taught the importance of a lightsaber here. She'd seen another use that colour before though but their reasoning was not like his.

Gida went to respond to the masked man before her as the Jedi approached them. Turning around to greet him properly. She gives him a respectful bow in turn to his own. She listened to him speak, and the man next to her before she finally spoke herself. "I am Gida'Vida, it's nice to meet you Master Sykes. I.. am or.. was a padawan within the Jedi order." she answers with uncertainty at the end. Its clear she doesn't understand how to answer her own statement properly.

Her looks however place her of one who was trained by the order, wearing robes fashioned more after her peoples culture then the jedi's though the influnece of the jedi can be seen among them. Adorned over the robes however is armor that by today's standards would be fossils of the past. Her two lightsabers attached to her belt in easy reach of either hand.

Tags: Audren Sykes Audren Sykes Varloc Varloc

"I... am, or... was a padawan within the Jedi Order" Gida'Vida Gida'Vida said, before Jessica arrived.

"Please pardon my interruption. I am Jessica Med-Beq, and, if you have questions regarding the role of the Jedi among the Order's armies, please don't hesitate to ask"

Audren Sykes Audren Sykes was, in contrast to the other two, a more seasoned Jedi. I never thought I would see a Light Sith in person - I knew they were more uncommon than even Dark Jedi, but I guess that was sheer luck that brought you here, she thought, while attempting to communicate with Varloc Varloc by telepathic means. He appeared to be relatively new to the order, presumably some Sith that went to the light side. But Gida would probably come from a different order; there were so many variations on Jedi congregations across history that maybe people that Gida trained with, or under, would be the most helpful method of determining which of these orders she used to belong to. Some carbonite-freezed Jedi dating as far back as the Clone Wars or even before that have resurfaced here, so she had to be ready for old relics, and training such a padawan would take adaptation. For instance, some people, like her, entered Jedi-hood at much more advanced ages than would have been the case during the Clone Wars. But also military service must not be forced onto Jedi - so many of them performed like scared conscripts in command during the Clone Wars that automatic granting of ranks ex-officio was never again considered since.

"Also I would like to know more about people that you trained with, or were around you when you started your training. Jedi ideals may have endured, however, to meet the demands of an ever-changing environment, we have to adapt"

A screech filled the air as Ura's Deathseed slid into the Silver Rest's hanger, Silver Landing. The screaming was finally over, and the Lervon padawan hopped out. She looked around, before heading out to go explore around the forests for a little while before noticing someone nearby. She tilted her head, then quickly seemed to flow over as she finally walked up, waving a little at the, she assumed, new padawan. She then spoke up with her monotone voice, but the Force carried her emotions with them. And right now she was nervous.

"Um.... H-hi."

Gida'Vida Gida'Vida Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq Audren Sykes Audren Sykes

1CUnYHE.png

Gida saw the new woman as she spoke, unsure how she never saw the giant until now, or at the very least a giant compared to her. "... among the Order's armies..." Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq words rang through Gida's mind as the woman spoke. What army? When did the jedi have armies? Surely she can't mean clones after all this time.. but they belonged to the empire, not the republic. Something didn't add up, but she needed to know more before she could judge what that was specifically.

"I'm not sure what you mean by the people I trained with.. I trained with Jedi? My training started when I was a child as is tradition, and learned the our ways all my life. I came to see and understand how the ideals you spoke of survive.. as the galaxy is a much different place to what I remember." she gave as an answer. Despite her moment of weakness before, where she let down her guard, it was once again back up. She didn't know who to trust here and didn't wish to be exploited with her knowledge. As much as she did not like it this was now a battle of wits, for until she could find something to trust the first slip could be her undoing, at least in her eyes.

Her suspicion only increased with the arrival of the nervous newcomer. She must have arrived at a fairly popular time without realizing it. Giving Ura Iolar Ura Iolar a shy wave, as if to convey that she was just as nervous to them. "Hello there." She added, awaiting for the wave of information from those around her to hit her finally.

Tags: Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq Ura Iolar Ura Iolar Varloc Varloc Audren Sykes Audren Sykes

"If there are any names you can remember from your past as a Jedi, that will determine what catch-up will help you become a better Jedi. We want you to complete your training, but for that, we need to know more about your background"

It may be difficult for some to understand, especially if they came from another era or live outside the Order's territory as recognized under current intergalactic law, but the Order was a faction in its own right. She can feel Gida'Vida Gida'Vida had a question about the Order's armies, while sensing that Ura Iolar Ura Iolar , with whom she worked on multiple occasions, was about to approach Gida. For years now, the Order's armies were able to fight the Sith Empire as they made incursions to the Order's eastern borders, and they didn't attempt to fire the first shot if they could help it. And also the Sith's ability to react to changes in Jedi doctrine had shown their limits, especially considering what was happening at the top. However, lately, the Order was mostly deployed on the defensive in a strategic sense.

"As for what made up the Order's armies, the order didn't field a clone army, so in that we're not the same as some old Jedi incarnations you may be more familiar with. The reason why the order fields a standing army is that there are operations where the Jedi proper may not be enough on their own, such as large-scale disaster relief and, unfortunately, in this current environment, be engaged in battle"

"I am Gida'Vida, it's nice to meet you Master Sykes. I.. am or.. was a Padawan within the Jedi order."

Gida'Vida answered readily, but seemed unsure at the end of it. Odd, but not unheard of. There were multiple Jedi Orders after all, with many of those having dissolved - naturally or forcibly - over time. The other person didn't introduce himself and suggested that Audren explain the Silver Jedi Order, what it was and should be. The addition of the still-lit lightsaber raised wariness of the masked man, though no action was taken yet. Before he could answer however, another joined them. She introduced herself and offered herself as a source of information.

"Please pardon my interruption. I am Jessica Med-Beq, and, if you have questions regarding the role of the Jedi among the Order's armies, please don't hesitate to ask."

A second being arrived, heralded by a screeching engine that suggested their fighter needed to be fine-tuned. In stark contrast to the fighter's wail however, the being was soft-spoken, merely waving and saying hello. Jessica was one that the Sephi knew on sight, if not well.

"Also I would like to know more about people that you trained with, or were around you when you started your training. Jedi ideals may have endured, however, to meet the demands of an ever-changing environment, we have to adapt."

Jessica's statement framed a question of Gida'Vida. It was a reasonable ask, though perhaps could have been approached more, well, questioningly. Even he, with his fairly significant lack in empathetic powers, could tell that Gida'Vida was somewhat off-balance. It could have been the lit lightsaber, the screeching engines, all the people, the discussion about armies...anything really.

"I'm not sure what you mean by the people I trained with.. I trained with Jedi? My training started when I was a child as is tradition, and learned the our ways all my life. I came to see and understand how the ideals you spoke of survive.. as the galaxy is a much different place to what I remember."

That sounded very traditional, bordering on archaic. While any Jedi Order would accept younger students, there were few raised from childhood. The last part of her comment, that 'the galaxy is a much different place to what she remembers' was rather curious. It almost sounded like she was just recently out of hibernation or something similar. The galaxy was fast-changing but something about that phrase...it didn't change that fast.

"If there are any names you can remember from your past as a Jedi, that will determine what catch-up will help you become a better Jedi. We want you to complete your training, but for that, we need to know more about your background. As for what made up the Order's armies, the order didn't field a clone army, so in that we're not the same as some old Jedi incarnations you may be more familiar with. The reason why the order fields a standing army is that there are operations where the Jedi proper may not be enough on their own, such as large-scale disaster relief and, unfortunately, in this current environment, be engaged in battle."

With that, Audren gently cleared his throat. Armies were necessary in this day and age, but this was literally the Twi'lek's first few minutes with the Silver Order and very probably her first exposure to the Order. There was no need to go into the depth and intricacies of the military that the Silver Jedi supported and who supported the Silver Jedi. Though honestly that might be a less convoluted subject than what he offered.

Apologies. Back to your original subject, Gida'Vida, the Silver Jedi Order is one of several standing Jedi orders in the galaxy. It is the oldest distinct Order of those currently existing, and one of the largest. While the Jedi Order of old supported the government known as the Old Republic, then the New Republic and others after them, the Silver Jedi Order now has the role of central government in a loose sense. As with any government there are many organizations within that are required, including the military that Jessica speaks of. Systems largely govern themselves, with the Order serving as guide and protector if the need arises. The Force users within the Order are either neutral or solidly light-bound. More or less traditional Jedi, in other words."

There were exceptions to every rule of course. At some point in the past those who held to the darkness were welcomed within the Order, back around the time of the merge with the Levantine group. Occasionally there were guests present who used the dark side, but they promised to uphold a code of conduct while present. The assaulting forces didn't count, they were not welcome visitors. He also didn't want to make the Order sound like a protection racket or theocracy. That was very much not the case. Unfortunately he hadn't been around to hear her real initial question, the one about what it takes to join. He would have been able to answer that much more concretely had he known of it.

Gida'Vida Gida'Vida | Varloc Varloc | Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

When the padawan responded to Ura, she quickly tried to look less nervous. A bit of a difficult thing when your face was just eyes. She seemed calm though, but some of the things surprised her. The Twi'lek not seeming to know about the Silver's army was a big one, and her mention that she started her training young. Very young. Interesting. The Lervon waited for the masters to speak, focusing for a second to try and calm down a little. She didn't want to interrupt the masters explanations though.

"I'm Ura Iolar. One of the Padawans here, and a... pilot."

Audren Sykes Audren Sykes Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq Gida'Vida Gida'Vida

1CUnYHE.png

Between Audren Sykes Audren Sykes and Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq , Gida was having a hard time processing what was said. When did the jedi become it's own government? If this is the oldest then when did the others begin? Did they splinter from the Silver Jedi? Why were there two republics? No she knew the answer to that one, she was told not long after waking up why but it is still a truth she finds hard to accept. Questions, all she has are just a long list of questions. The answers she seek likely were only going to create even more questions but she had to know, and now was the chance. Between the those before her she had the opportunity to learn, and learn she will.

"Why do the SIlver jedi rule themselves? I thought the Jedi and the Republic were intertwined.. Though it seems this Order is different to the one I know. I.. had came here today for a different reason. I wished to know what it takes for one to join the Silver Jedi. I know that it is only through rare cases that one is brought into the order if they were not taken in as a child, but I had hoped my previous training would prove an exception." She asks towards those before her, not aiming at a specific person with her questions.

Gida takes a deep breath with that, she knew she was nervous but hoped to mask it. Looking among those here though she knew she was failing the game she had set for herself. Gida wasn't sure what she was doing to give it away but she was sure that they hadn't completely figure her out yet, maybe she could learn what she wanted without having to disclose her past.

Tags: Audren Sykes Audren Sykes Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq Ura Iolar Ura Iolar Varloc Varloc

"You are right the order is different, and the silver jedi rule themselves because the republic had many problems." He said, "the silver jedi knew that being limited by the republic, stopped the jedi from doing what they were supposed to do"
Gida'Vida Gida'Vida

The pilot introduced themselves as Ura Iolar, a Padawan. Audren gave a welcoming nod; he highly approved of Padawans welcoming newcomers - benign ones anyways - to Silver Rest.

"Why do the Silver Jedi rule themselves? I thought the Jedi and the Republic were intertwined.. Though it seems this Order is different to the one I know. I.. had came here today for a different reason. I wished to know what it takes for one to join the Silver Jedi. I know that it is only through rare cases that one is brought into the order if they were not taken in as a child, but I had hoped my previous training would prove an exception."

All of this was sounding more and more like she was from the time of the Old Republic, the "original" Jedi order. Jedi and Republic being intertwined, not being taken into the Order if not a child, training starting as a child as was tradition. He'd heard stories about things like this, but he'd never actually encountered one of them in the flesh. Nothing presented here was conclusive evidence in the slightest...but she wasn't lying. Or at least she didn't think she was. Besides, if she was lying, she'd get caught pretty quick.

Then the masked man chimed in again. He still hadn't given his name or shut down his lightsaber. The intended target of the Sephi's next words was made clear by a glance, and by there only being one person with a lit lightsaber. His tone carried distinct frost while still being polite.

"Lightsaber away, please."

While the answer that had been given was not one that he agreed with, the simple truth was that he didn't know. Few Jedi alive did. Maybe the Heavenshields, but Audren was fairly sure the current iteration of the Silver Jedi Order had come into being before his birth and he wasn't one to go digging into the histories if he could help it. The Master's gaze returned to Gida'Vida. Time would tell when it came to her, and the Silver Jedi were not ones to turn away willing students.

"The age rule is no longer on the books. Tell me, what y...was the last major galactic event you remember?"

He'd almost asked her what year it was. If she was from the time of the Old Republic though, the terminology of After the Battle of Yavin wouldn't mean much to her. Events would be the simplest method.

Gida'Vida Gida'Vida | Varloc Varloc | Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom