Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The soft pattering of rain hitting the the pavement could be heard throughout the small hangar on the planet Ando. One's ship was being repaired, and said person was simply standing at the edge of the hangar watching the water fall. Aston's mind was everywhere which wasn't an uncommon occurrence throughout his life. Life was teetering on it's edge, or at least it seemed that way. He found himself wondering and pondering deeper mysterious of the force, partially due to a dream that he had. It was just ironic that, that dream would lead him back here, or within the nearest proximity to Katrine.

She was a unique one to say the least, and while his own personal troubles had kept him away, the dream itself and drawn him back closer and he could feel it in his bones. Things were going to change, and he wasn't sure if it was for the better or for the worst. Aston did miss his family, which could in truth be another reason for his return here, but it wasn't just Katrine that he missed. However he would tell her that she was a big part of his coming back, otherwise he might get hurt, he mused at the thought and he wondered what she was doing right now.

Aston tended not too, but still had the shared connection with his sister, so she was never truly gone. However she had gone her own way, just like he had. He glanced back towards his ship which they had stated the repairs should take at least a couple of hours before they were done. Aston was an okay mechanic, however his own ship had indeed given him some unexpected troubles that he had to deal with unfortunately.

Aston let out a small sigh before he turned back and faced the front again. It was just pure luck that he happened to run into a workable hangar that had mostly humans. The locals around here, he didn't understand their language. Some of them spoke the galactic basic while others spoke the native. And he mostly found himself nodding his head at times and sounding like a moron. He adjusted his belt a moment as he felt the lightsbaer dangle for a moment on his right side as did the blaster pistol in its holster on his left.

"Nothing but time...." Aston mused as he crossed his arms and stared out in front of him. The sound of thunder could be heard in the distance.

[member="Cora deWinter"]

The young woman had arrived to the hangar with a benign reason but she spent most of her time there on her communicator in Acqualish. There were concerns the natives wished were addressed with the Confederacy. Cora would but right now, she was in the middle of waiting for the Dancing Queen to complete it's check up before she could depart for Geonosis.

She didn't mind her new position, it was a refreshing change even if it took her away from the planet she had come to think of as her home. ["I will see that it is addressed,"] she told the alien on the other end as her emerald gaze passed through the hangar.

Her attention caught at the man walking about, the recognizable weapon on him. ["You will be updated as soon as there are news,"] Cora said into device, the lightsaber holding her attention still. It reminded her of times long passed, of times she had lived before. Reminded her of her Mom as well, even when the memories of her seemed to not exist. It made her blink when she didn't even realize she was staring at the man before she realized he could be a visitor to the planet. Humans were more often than not. How her parents chose to send her to Ando of all other options in the galaxy still baffled Cora though she no longer complained, Ando had become her home.

In a moment, she'd summoned one of the staff members in the hanger to her side, quietly questioning him about the stranger. A visitor, getting his ship repaired. Cora thanked and dismissed the staffer before she'd go to [member="Aston Jacobs"], putting on her best diplomatic smile on. "Hi, the staff tells me you're a visitor. I'm Cora deWinter, Viceroy. On behalf of Ando, I'd like to wish you a successful stay."

Aston glanced over when he heard the voice of a woman and he nodded his head. "Viceroy?" Aston asked curiously, however he felt that it was slightly inappropriate that he didn't lead with something else. "Forgive me, that's not what I meant. I mean Hi, my names Aston, its nice to meet you Cora." Aston held out his hand towards the woman as he glanced around hopefully he didn't make too much of a fool of himself in front of anyone else.

"Thank you for the welcome. I won't be staying too long though, I just needed to get my ship tuned up and repaired. Ando is an interesting place to be, I'll probably look around some before i leave." Truth be told that Aston had never venture to this planet before, and while he wasn't going explore every system in the known galaxy like others had hoped to do, these few that happened to cross his path were well enough.

[member="Cora deWinter"]

In the question, Cora recognized confusion. The man didn't seem familiar with the term he was introduced to, apologizing promptly before making his own introductions. Aston. It was all he had given, the Viceroy noted as she watched the extended hand for a split second before her own hand reached for his. "Viceroys represent planets within the Confederacy," she explained, "it's nice to meet you as well."

Quick shake later, she released the hand as she was thanked for the welcome. He wouldn't be staying long, Aston informed her. His ship needed a tune-up. She gave a nod as she listened before he complimented the planet under her care. "You should try the seafood. It's absolutely delicious." Cora wasn't always a fan of it, not when she had first arrived but in time, she'd come to love it just as she'd come to consider Ando her home. Now, whenever she had a chance to speak of the beauties, she always did.

[member="Aston Jacobs"]

"That's impressive." Aston said easily enough, if she was able to become a Viceroy she was very talented at what she did, and to be quite frank must have had a very talented with words and diplomacy. Which all the more made Aston breath a little bit easier around her and then not so much. She mentioned the seafood here and he nodded his head just as he heard his stomach give the smallest of rumbles. Since Aston had been travelling so much a lot of his food had been on the go, something quick, simple and small enough to get him through the next day or so. Remarkably even though he ate so little he was still able to stay in almost pristine shape over the course of his time here.

"Seafood does sound pretty good right now, and if you speak of it like you do, then I shall have to try it." Aston said with a small smile. "Thank you for the greeting's Cora, I won't forget it." Aston winked at her before he turned around started to leave the hangar. However he stopped for a moment and then turned around with a half smile on his face.

"Would you like to join me Cora?" Aston inquired as he then fully smile at her. "I wouldn't mind the company at all, if you aren't too busy?"

[member="Cora deWinter"]

Impressive. Cora nodded. It kinda was, especially considering her age but Cora had been around politicians since the first job she held and she'd spent years before that on Ando that it had become more of a home than anywhere else. "It's also hard work, even when it doesn't seem like it," the woman pointed out with a smile. She knew as much before she had been chosen for the part though not quite as much as she came to see once she stepped into the position. Helping others run the city was far easier even when she did a lot of the work for that too.

Still, Cora didn't complain, just pointed out what was realistic. She was proud of herself for where she was now and she knew her great-grandmother would have been if she could to see her. Maybe even her Mom. Maybe. But that was a whole other story to tell.

Her mention of seafood seemed to have cause a reaction in Aston. Cora only smiled politely as he commented, giving a nod to his words. Definitely something to try while he was here. She was about to suggest they go when he made his thank you and winked, making a few steps to leave before he stopped invited her. "Actually, don't mind if I do, I'm a little bit pekish myself," she admitted. Not quite enough for her stomach to make a remark of its own but considering she hadn't eaten since the morning, it was just about the right time for her to eat. "Not busy at the moment, no," Cora replied as she joined him, hand coming under his.

"Let's go. One of the really good places isn't too far from here, we won't need a speeder." Cora pointed out as she led the way, tugging him along with her. It was one of those smart choices, for the tourists but the food there was good, she wasn't making that up.

[member="Aston Jacobs"]

Her hand came under his as she led the way, he followed along willingly as while he was hungry, he was also with quite a beautiful girl. The atmosphere was really quite nice and while taking small glances at Cora aside from looking around and taking in this new place. Aston was curious about [member="Cora deWinter"] as she led the way to the restaurant. Aston sensed something about her however he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

"So, what gave you the notion or the idea to become Viceroy. Was it something you chose to do?" Aston asked curiously as he looked over to her.

Aston had long wondered when he was going to find his place in this galaxy, while he still hadn't found what he was looking for. That was the primary reason he traveled so much. Yet he was tired of traveling though to be quite honest, he hoped that sometime soon he would find something to keep him in one place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom