Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Home Sweet Home

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Casual Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

In many ways Brie reminded Jax of himself when he was younger. Being an orphan who was dropped off by the stairs of Silver Rest, Jax never knew his family and spent most of his childhood researching who they were. He would always come up empty, but Jax remained hopeful that his family would show up one day. However, as he grew up Jax's desire to know his family began to fade realizing that perhaps his family didn't want him. At the very least, they had the good sense letting the Jedi raise him instead of leaving him to die on the streets. While Jax was able to make peace with not knowing his family, he wasn't sure it was a good idea to suggest to Brie to stop looking for hers.

"I used to think just like you Brie," Jax said frowning a bit. "Like you, I don't have any family. I was dropped off at Kashykk when I was a baby and the droids found me on the steps of Silver Rest. I never knew who my parents were, I don't even know my real name. "Jaxon Thio" was just a name the Droids chose when they ran their name generator."

This used to bother Jax being named by Droids, it made looking for his family even more difficult. He called himself Jax in order to try to give himself some form of individuality though it gave him little comfort. "You're lucky Brie that you found your sister," Jax said smiling. "It's impossible to know if your parents are alive. But....."

He sighed. "All I'm going to say is just enjoy who you found, not every orphan can say that they found their biological family. And those who do, are often shocked to see who they've become. I can help guide you and maybe you can use the Force to find your parents. I must warn you again though, the Force will take you to places that you don't want but need."

Jax frowned. "I sense great fear in you Brie," he said. "But I can help you overcome it and harness the gift that is within you."

''Shocked? Enjoy? I love her, is that so strange?'' Brie uttered and looked at Jax with her ever so stoic gaze. ''Ever since I started to get the bearings of my life, I have been on a constant journey to find my family. I am never letting go of that dream.''

She heard every word of what the man said, but the thought were driving her away from the reality that she lived in and had come to grow fond of. Darkwire were equal home to her, and suddenly she had found herself torn between two realities that both might grant her all of the answers to her family, Darkwire already given her a sister.

''I- I don't know... There is only one thing I am afraid of, and that is loosing my friends. I can't fail them.'' she explained, noticeably emotional and torn between her choices. ''Believe me, I want to find out the truth but I can't walk down the path you suggest if it means I have to sacrifice my friends.''

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Casual Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

"All I'm saying Brie," Jax said chuckling at her stoic remark. The girl can put up a good front, but Jax can sense her fear of not only not knowing her parents but also losing her friends. "Is sometimes the belonging you seek is not behind you but ahead. Sometimes you just need to let go and appreciate the people who love care for you like the sister you found."

Attachments are healthy but some are poisonous and will need to be cut out immediately. Otherwise, it'll grow and fester until your mind is consumed with it. The Jedi Master can already see that nothing good will come out from searching her parents. He can already feel the fear manifesting inside her ready to be unleashed. "I understand," Jax said. "I never said you'll sacrifice your friends, it's that the path of the Jedi is a busy life. I can't guarantee that by the time your training is over that you'll find your parents. But you'll gain greater clarity and master yourself. However, you just won't see your friends as often as you like."

Jax shook his head. "Attachments are good to have," he said. "Always know what you're fighting for, but make sure that you are displaying compassion for your friends rather than greed. Compassion as in accepting change and allowing the fear of change dominate you."

The Jedi Master leaned closer to Brie. "All I'm offering Brie," he said. "Is the truth of your abilities, what you do with those abilities once you become a full-fledged Jedi is up to you. But I know deep down, you have a good heart, I can feel it."

Last edited:
''I do appreciate that.'' Brie assured that she did appreciate the people caring for her here and now, if there had ever been a doubt about it in the mind of the jedi. She were eternaly grateful for that. She might have a strong desire towards the past, but she had never thought it to be unhealthy or something wrong with it. If the way of a jedi didn't allow that, she were definitely going to be caught between a rock and a hard place.

''I... I don't know. I don't know if I am ready just yet...'' she proclaimed, adjusting herself somewhat on the sofa, really only wanting to burry the face into her pillow aboard her ship. Even though she desperately tried to visualize another future than she had planned for, the future that this jedi talked about, she were very hesistant to it all. She wondered what Daiya, Ruby and the others would have to say about it. It was cruel if the jedi demanded an answer of her here and now, and she hoped that he with all his wisdom would see her need to think this through. ''I have to think about it... I want to talk it through with my friends...'' Brie insisted, taking a deep breath as she settled by her decision.

''I wish I could give you an answer, but I just can't do that right here and now... Thanks for the kind words, though. All of us have good hearts.'' she said, adding words of defence for her friends. Darkwire might, by social service standards, not be the most appropriate organisation for teenage kids to join, but Brie could vouch for the people she worked with and called her friends.

''And thanks for the juice. It was good.'' she said, before starting to stand up. ''Is there a way that... You know... We could keep contact?''

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Friendship..... the way Brie talked about her friends and her sister reminded Jax why he continued to fight even it came at a cost to his wellbeing. To Jax, worth it to see your loved ones safe. It was what kept Jax from fulling giving into the Dark Side though he had some slip ups every now and then. Compassion for others was what separated a Jedi from the Sith. Jax believed the compassion was probably the only thing that separating a Jedi and Sith.

The girl definitely had the heart to be a Jedi, even though she was thief who was affiliated with Darkwire, Jax immediately picked up that she would drop everything to help her friends. Jairdain Jairdain would love her as well but Brie needed to choose this path. All Jax could do was to show her the possible path that she could take. The Jedi Master had some concerns with Brie's constant worry over her parents, the future was always in motion and sometimes it was time to let go especially if you view your friends as your family. The constant worry could pull her to the Dark Side.

"I understand," Jax said taking out a piece of paper from his pocket and began to scribble his number. "The life Jedi is not easy and it's not for everyone. If you go on this path, you won't have time to see your friends as much as you like."

He tossed Brie the note. "If you want to talk to me, here's my Holo information." he said. "You can contact me there or you could enter my apartment again. The door will be open."

Jax gave Brie a light chuckle. "It's been a revelation Brie," Jax said. "I hope you make the choice that benefits you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom