Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Home Sweet Home

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Casual Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain, Eyepatch
Tag: Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

Jax never felt this sore since the sacking of Coruscant and that happened months ago.

Every inch of the Jedi Master's body ached it felt as though he was beat up by a Wampa. The war between the Brotherhood and the Galactic Alliance had just started and already Jax lost an eye. In addition to his eye, Jax's spine felt as though it was ripped in half the moment he blew up Haon Hafey Haon Hafey Brotherhood Battlecrusier the moment Jax should've found a starfighter somewhere in the hanger. The ship was massive and there was plenty of time to get to one of them while the seismic bomb destroyed all of the ship's reactors. But nope Jax had to make his stupid choice and jump out of the battle cruiser landing right on the Super Star Destroyer Nitya Xeraic Nitya Xeraic was on. As Jax landed back first on to the hull, he felt his back pop and pain immediately washed over him.

His fracking back was broken and for a moment Jax thought he was paralyzed. The Jedi Master spent the rest of the battle recuperating in the medical bay, "why did I make that choice?" Jax remembered himself muttering. "That dumb, dumb choice."

Free will is overrated, for a brief moment Jax envied BB-12.

With Nitya going back to SJC space Jax was back at Courscant limping towards his apartment. Groaning, Jax opened the door and immediately collapsed on his chair. BB-12 was out gorging himself with Pizza so he had the entire apartment to himself. The Jedi Master instinctively reached out to his eyepatch rubbing it briefly. He didn't let the reality of his lost eye set in yet. Jairdain Jairdain had been teaching him to use the force to see but it was frustrating to say the least. Reaching out to the Force, Jax used telekinesis to open the refrigerator, he could feel a bottle of Ice cold beer and he immediately used the Force to launch it to his hand.

Smiling, Jax opened the bottle while pressing a button to allow for some music.

"Home at last," Jax said drinking a sip of Beer feeling the cold beverage submerge his tongue with alcoholic goodness. Oh how he missed the cold taste of Beer.

''This was a stupid idea, really!''

Brie thought, as the door to the garage in the apartment complex slid open with a hiss. Where had she learned all of this? Hacking locks, sneaking around undetected, using the cover of darkness. Breaking into private property! Peoples houses! Well, much of it came natural from her experience as a salvager but ever since hooking up with Darkwire - and courtesy of Daiya Daiya , the little gamine - Brie had picked up a variety of what she considered criminal skills. She didn't approve it at first, but she had eventually accepted it. The majority of it was meant for and directed to the CorpSec, which even Brie knew were bad guys that treated even the youngest of them unfair and very harsh sometimes. Against those Corpo thugs, some payback could be justified. Brie was fine with that, but this?!

Being an organisation with many young members meant that business within Darkwire could be filled with all sorts of shenanigans. Some were just carried out of pure fun, which once had been out of the question for her. You did jobs to get credits. To be able to have food on the table every night. To survive. For Brie, there had been a time that the only fun that she had was reading her precious holobooks on the way to the next scrapyard in some dark corner of the galaxy. Daiya had showed her that there was more to the word fun, and by inviting her to Darkwire Brie actually was able to now. Although, Brie had her limits, of course!

Bets and challenges were common within Darkwire, some more mean and daring than others, and Brie had happened to get stuck right in the middle of one involving a certain Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll . She had been in Darkwire long enough to not be pushed to this kind of things, but she also wanted to shut that boy up for good, even though they left their business on Froswythe on a pretty good foot.

The target was a guy said to be sitting on some rare podracer parts. A racer. A nobody in particular, according to the youngsters that had challenged her to steal a few select and valuable parts from the guy.

Brie looked around to see if the hallway was still empty, pushing her low ponytail away from her shoulder, before she begun hacking the lock to the apartment door.

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Casual Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

"Holotelevision," Jax said as the music in his apartment changed. "Turn on."

He took a swig of Beer trying to recline his leather chair, the Holotv displayed a cartoon a miniature sized Mon Calamari standing in front of the Jedi Council chambers "Ackbar Tonight." Jax read from the text. The toy Admiral Ackbar began to shake his claw like hand screaming: "EVERYTHING IS A TRAP! THE SENATE, THE JEDI, EVEN THE CLOUDS ARE A TRAP!"

blob

"You see this hat I'm wearing!" The toy Ackbar hopped on his chair like a Frog infused with Force Speed. "It's a cap!"

"Oh for fucks sake!" Jax hastily changed the channel with a swipe of his hand. "You're gonna reduce a legendary military commander to a couple of stock phrases? Seriously?"

Jax sighed randomly flipping channels until he found an advertisement about a new Speeder. "Get ready for a beauty!" A young man was seen walking around a ridiculously large, yellow speeder. The background of a lush forest clearly fake and phony. "Take by the skies with the first-class Golden Hogspeeder. With the latest anti-gravity repulsorlift you'll be flying the friendly skies!"

900px-HtT-Hog.jpg

"I gotta get Jairdain Jairdain to buy me one of those," Jax chuckled taking another sip of Beer. "Just got to find a suitable parking place to fit it."

The parking lots surrounding Jax's apartment were notoriously small. It got so bad, that the tenants began to protest to the landlord who made plans on buying a bigger lot. Five years later and the landlord still has yet to address it. Jax thought about moving the speeder to Alderaan but he felt that the speeder wasn't a good fit with the ultra-affluent planet. The inhabitants were flying state of the art speeders, Jax would be flying a speeder that was more for middle class people. The Jedi Master hadn't been at his Alderaan home since the Flesh Raider incident, mainly because of the Brotherhood conflict but also because Jax felt out of place on the planet.

Jair seemed enamored in living there something Jax felt tempted in agreeing. He had a new duty as a Jedi Watchman and Alderaan had plenty of wildliife for Jair can connect with. Jax sighed and closed his eye using the Force to heal his sore body, the Holotelevision showed some comedy staring an Inthorian but Jax didn't listen. Right now, he needed to relax because It won't be long until he was called again.

Such as life for a Jedi.

As soon as she had checked that the coast was clear in the hallway, Brie proceeded hacking the lock to the apartment with the utmost concentration. She already felt like a simple thief, and it wasn't a feeling that she were comfortable with, but the thought of shutting Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll up for good was too great for the teen girl. After all, it was only a couple of parts that the owner would have thrown away, right?

The sliding metal door went up with a hiss and Brie threw her gaze left and right to see if someone had heard. The hallway was still quiet and a quiet sigh of relief left her. Brie put the tools down in the pouch which they came from in her belt, and sneaked into the dimly lit apartment before the door shut behind her. She crouched beside a counter trying to decide which way to take. Stretching her neck out, she thought she saw what seemed to be a living room on one side and a kitchen on the other side.

Suddenly, she heard noises coming from the living room. Her heart sank. Something wasn't right. The owner was home!

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Casual Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain, Eyepatch

Jax sighed staring blankly at the Holotv another advertisement this time it was about some cakes or something like that. "Hey you!" another obnoxious salesman began mugging his face in front of the camera. The Jedi Master shook his head and took another small sip of Beer. "What the frack is this nonsense?" He breathed.

"Have you heard of the tragedy of not eating the perfect cupcakes? Well fear not my friend! What I have in my hand is the HERMCAKES! It's healthy and nutritious!"
latest

"They really mean it's filled with preservatives and all that." Jax grumbled. "It's also made from the backs of overworked and in some flat out slaves." Jax remembered taking down a few factories over the years as a Jedi Knight. Throughout the Galaxy were corrupt Corporates willing to exploit anything and anyone for a quick profit. Many species have gone extinct overnight and planets were razed to the ground to make way for the corporate's expansion. It took several legislation by the GA senate just to put them in their place. Not all of them were evil, but there were some species whose entire culture was to make profits in order to be considered worthy in their society.

"Is it truly the love of credits that makes us evil?" Jax mumbled taking another sip of Beer.

This was not supposed to be included in the bet, and definitely not in Brie's plan if she would succeed with it. She begun to have second thoughts about this dumb dumb bet but could not fight off her curiousity entirely. She took a few very slow and very careful steps forward, and ended up halfway into the hallway.

"Hey you!" someone suddenly called and her booted feet carried her backwards in haste, making her stumble over a small sideboard with a lamp on it. The young shadowrunner hit the floor back first just after the lamp which broke into two pieces. Needless to say, she wondered if even a deaf man would not have heard that.

Brie quickly pushed herself backwards in panic, and was about to turn around and get to her feet as the lamp cord got tangled around one of them. She dashed for the door with the lamp being dragged behind her.

Open up! Open up! Open up! she thought as she tried to find the right button in the now dark hallway.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

The Jedi Master took another sip of Beer, waving his hand to telepathically flip through the channels. How many channels did he order again? Gotta be within the thousands, right? He wasn't sure, he hadn't watched Holotelevision in a long time. Jax closed his eye using the Force to relax his sore back, he was given some time off while the Galactic Alliance starts building their plan of attack against the Brotherhood and damn it, he was going to take advantage of this boon by..... sleeping.

"Goodnight me," Jax smiled to himself shifting his back against the soft part of the chair so close to drifting off.......

CRASH!

Jax immediately leapt up from his chair, his Lightsaber activating as soon as it made contact with his hand. His darted around seeing his door opened his lamp broken in two. "Are you fucking kidding me?!" Jax muttered kneeling down and seeing the shattered glass pieces. "That was a gift from Crosten Feyn Crosten Feyn !"

He really needed to stop drinking alcohol messed with his connection with the Force leaving him unable to sense anything around him. The wire of the lamp began to drag. Jax approached the door trying to intercept the intruder, his mind wondering who the person who did it? Was it an assassin? A Brotherhood straggler? He heard reports of Brotherhood remnants still remaining weeks after the sacking of Coruscant Either way, Jax needed to apprehend the person immediately.

However, as he closed in on the person Jax's eye lit up in shock at who the person really was. "A girl?" Jax muttered. A teenaged girl dressed in a sneaking suit was hopping around with the wire over her ankle along with a panicked looked etched on her face.

"Well, this is awkward," Jax chuckled his concerned expression quickly transforming into bemusement. "I guess this is the part where I say put your hands in the air but I think you're all tied up."

Jax inwardly groaned. "Holy chit I used a pun." He thought bitterly. "I am getting old."

Last edited:
From behind, Brie heard a lightsaber igniting and quickly understood that she was about to be caught. Caught or worse, by a force user of sorts. Quick and few steps were approaching the small hall of the apartment, made her let go of the futile panic efforts of getting the door to open and instead threw herself onto the floor. She was pinned into the corner like a hunted tusk cat cub without its mother. Stupid, stupid, stupid idea!

''I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I- I- I will pay for the lamp!'' she blurted out and cuddled up best as she could into the corner, hiding her face into her pulled up knees and preparing herself to be struck down by the apartment owner and his lightsaber.

Maybe it was a result of being a shadowrunner for a fairly long time her first instinct was to apologise for the destroyed lamp, and not for the intrusion itself. Besides, many scrapyards belonged to some company or corporation and those intrusions was business as usual for the young salvager. Destroying the lamp was an accident and Brie were no more than human to apologise for things she did not mean to do.

She looked up carefully and one of her afraid green eyes revealed itself from beneath a blonde strand of hair. The light projected from the lightsaber cast a yellow light on them both. It hummed menacingly.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Casual Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

Jax didn't notice that his blade was still activated.

He was more focused with the Force trying to tell him something about this girl. Jax could feel the Force within her, lying dormant and was begging to be unleashed. "Don't worry about the lamp," Jax chuckled deactivating his Lightsaber and holding his hand for her to take. "I'm sure my friend don't give chits about that."

Reaching for his pocket, Jax took out his Jedi commlink as well as a small needle. As quick as Vorskyr strike, Jax pricked the woman's finger causing a tiny drop of blood to slide into the sampling section of the commlink. "Just gimmie a moment," Jax muttered holding the commlink close to his mouth. "I have to be sure about my.... assumption about you."

Flashing her a quick smile, Jax waited for his signal to reach the Jedi medical lab. Damn thing takes a long time to link, it felt even longer thanks to the Brotherhood attack on the Temple. <How can I help Jedi Master: Jax Thio> The Medical Droid's voice rang through the radio.

"I'm sending you blood sample," Jax responded inserting the sample into the commlink. "I need a Midichlorian count from it."

<Right away sir> The Medical Droid said. <Due to a massive number of appointments in medical bay, I'm afraid it will take some time to get to your test.>

"Yeah, yeah," Jax muttered. "Just get it done."

<Very well sir, you've been placed on the queue estimated time will be 4 hours.>

"Brilliant," Jax rolled his eye turning off the radio before shifting his gaze towards the girl. "I'll clean this up," Jax said before looking her over. "Pretty neat getup," he said. "You're working someone aren't you? May I inquire who they are? Or are they one of those super-secret organizations?"

He shrugged. "Have a seat kid," Jax said. "You want some food? Drink? I'm pretty sure you have some questions on why I pricked your finger well...."

Jax gave a chortle. "We can discuss it once you're relaxed," he said. "Take deep breaths and clear your mind. Let's just say you'll get a clear answer."

As much as Brie wanted Daiya Daiya or Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx to be here right now, as the man deactivated the lightsaber and begun to talk, she dared to look up with both of her eyes. As always, she was on her guard but her curiosity was more or less always present. She knew the dangers out there in the galaxy after all her lone journeys, and even more so after becoming a shadowrunner where the Corpos served as a constant threat. The man didn't look that intimidating now when she looked closer and with his lightsaber deactivated. So, he was one of the mysterious Jedi. She had only read about them in her holobooks, never once even thinking she would meet a real one.

Brie stood up by herself, not because she wanted to be rude or anything but because of her reserved nature.

''Ah!?'' she blurted out in surprise and frowned, as the man still took her hand and stung her finger with something. She gave it a look before sucking up the tiny drop of blood that appeared on it. She felt something, though. The man meant no harm to her. He was not poisoning her with something, and her feelings were confirmed as she saw him insert the the blood sample and begun talking with what sounded like a droid.

''Super-secret.'' she replied obstinate, still frowning and fiddling with her finger.

After a few long silent breaths, she pulled some unruly strands of hair back behind her ear and looked up at him.

''I- I think I know who- what you are.'' she said, correcting herself. Who? She haven't seen the man in all her life. ''You are a Jedi, aren't you? Jedi doesn't kill kids.'' she added, remembering the stories she had read about the mysterious order.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Super-secret? Part of Jax wanted to let it go because the young girl was already in enough trouble. However, It was best to probe who she was a part of. Coruscant is a hotbed of spies from rival corporate entities to senators, and most recently enemies of the Galactic Alliance like the Brotherhood just pulled off. It wasn't like Jax didn't trust the girl, it's just that the people whose she's working could be untrustworthy. She's pretty guarded with her organization and Jax really didn't want to mind trick her. Might as well pull off some Coruscant police interrogation tactics.

"Really?" Jax said observing the girl playing with her fingers as a way to keep calm. "It's okay, I already know who you work for. Surprised that the Darkwire send children to do their dirty work. For all their claim about eating the corpos, they love to employ child labor like those corrupt corporations."

Jax shrugged. "And people wonder why the Galaxy is so fucked." he chuckled.

The Jedi Master headed to the kitchen and scanned through his fridge for some drinks. "Hungry? Thirsty?" Jax asked. "I got some Orange Juice if ya want some?" He took out a small class from the cabinet and poured the beverage. "Here you go," Jax slid the glass towards the girl while leaned against the table.

"Yes I am a Jedi," Jax said. "Recently promoted Jedi Master and even though we used to take kids from the arms of their parents....."

"And the fact that fallen Jedi used to kill Younglings...." Jax thought.

"We give the kids and other Force Sensitives a choice now and days." Jax finished. "To train to become a Jedi or not."

There was a pregnant pause between them before Jax sighed. "I think you know what I'm talking about." Jax said. "Have you ever felt that something was pulling you towards a place that you never been before? Have you have had dreams of something whispering in your ear telling you to let it in so that it can fill you with an unknowable power?"

Brie was shocked when the man seemed to already have figured out who she ''worked for''. This was not a ''job'' given to her from Darkwire! It was a bet. A game. Even if it was a stupid one, it was still one between the girls and boys she considered friends. Well, even if someone like Cartri probably would not feel the same for her. It was not anger she felt, but disappointment towards the man speaking so recklessly about her friends.

''I- We could leave whenever we want! It's not child labor if you are there by your own free will!'' Brie stated bluntly, as she stood her ground to defend her family. She knew fully well what their days were filled of, and that many of them were wanted by the authorities, but you passed a line by insinuating that they were dirty workers. Simple thugs. She wasn't! Ruby wasn't!

If the jedi had taken a guess of her occupation, Brie had exposed herself more than she intended to. Being a jedi, though, she guessed that he could use his force powers to assess her without she had to tell him much. That in itself was a dirty trick, to her.

Brie reminded herself to try to relax some. In response to the mans yet friendly and hospitable treatment despite she being the burglar, it was not more than right. She stood by the side of the counter and gave him an indifferent look, traces of suspicion still in it, when he passed her the juice.

''Thanks...'' she said after carefully considering if she would pick the glass up and take a sip out of it, then setting it down again with her hands resting on both sides of it on the counter.

It sounded like the Jedi could as well be the reason why she and Ruby were robbed of their parents, if what the man said was true about them taking kids from the arms of their parents. Brie could not say that she was impressed, but she listened to the man. She looked down and there was a longer pause before she decided to oblige his questions.

''Voices... I've heard voices...'' she said in a low almost inaudiable voice, before glancing up at the man. ''Voices warning me of things to happen... Things that did happen...'' she continued with slightly more strenght.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax chuckled bemused at the young girl's statement that they can leave whenever they want. Her reactions pretty much confirms that she is a part of the Darkwire organization. Jax hadn't heard much about the faction, except they were comprised of young people ranging from teens to adults trying to stick it to the corpos through sabotage and stealing profits. Jax remembered doing jobs for CEOs trying to stop one of their agents a few years ago but they managed to slip past him. "That's the same excuse corporations use when they're caught underpaying their employees," Jax chortled. "I don't feel like arguing morality of sending children on dangerous missions. Not like we Jedi are any position to argue."

He still felt a little guilty of sending Nitya Xeraic Nitya Xeraic to the battle Adrathorpe when she was around the girl's age. Still, Jedi operate under the assumption that the Padawan can use the Force to calm themselves while their enemies rage about them. The Jedi Master sat on the couch across from the woman gazing at her sensing her confusion, sensing the Force trying to break free. Jax likened the Force being imprisoned to a Philosopher being trapped between bars of doubt or in this girl's case: Confusion.

"Have you ever wondered?" Jax asked. "That these voices that you hear are your own? Or was it something else entirely?"

He adjusted in his chair, his eye turning to the Holotv hoping that it was off. "Let me put it this way," Jax said. "Have you had a dream that was so vivid that you could've sworn it was real? Then you wake up feeling that something is guiding your actions giving a gentle push to a place that you feel uncomfortable going to but know that it is the only way to unlock that one thing that you desire."

Jax leaned towards the girl. "Balance," he whispered chuckling as he said it. "I think that you came to my place for a reason, forget what your superiors said or maybe you came to my apartment on a dare by your friends. But when it comes to the Force, there are no such things as coincidences."

The Jedi Master leaned back on his couch. "Don't believe me?" He smirked. "Close your eyes again and breathe, just breathe and tell me what you feel at this moment?"

Brie stood uneasy by the counter, head turned forward and looked nowhere in particular when the man compared them to other, corrupt, corporations and organisations. Suggestions and insinuations that Brie showed her disapproval of by being silent and looking unfazed. Yet, behind that invisible wall of hers, one could notice that deep thoughts ran through her young head. She looked close-bitten for a moment, before the man announced his intention to not discuss the matter further, upon which she gave him a glance. He continued to ask about her odd experiences. The voices in her head. Her dreams.

Dreams? Yes, of course she had them like anybody else, but one so vivid she could have sworn it was real? Her gaze once again wandered off from the man, as she came to think of the time and the dream on Parcellus Minor. It had turned out to be an artificial one, or at least it was what those who had suffered from the same virus had found out. Never the less, she could remember the soft sheets in her bed, the smell of her mothers pancakes and Ruby telling her good bye before school. Stars, it had been so real. Maybe it had been something else at play, regarding her dream. It was after that dream her and Ruby's siblingship had been uncovered. Was that just coincidence? Faith? Chance? Or was it that... force-thing? Was what the jedi suggested a possinle explanation to her and Ruby's reunion? Once again, Brie felt overwhelmed with questions, and the search for answers she thought she had was about to reemerge. It was eery, but curious as she was, she were prepared for a talk with the jedi.

''It's not myself I hear...'' she denied ruminatively, and draw a finger around the edge of the glass of juice. ''It's... It's something else... Genderless... Like... single words whispering to me when danger is near... It has mostly happened when I'm alone...'' she continued and tried to remember the times these experiences had occured.

Brie grabbed the glass and strolled carefully over to the man, taking a seat on the opposite side of his sofa.

''I don't desire much. What I desire I strive to achieve. I'm not afraid to do what it takes... or, to go where I need to go...'' she said with self-confidence and glanced at the man. She were talking about her journey this far, her friends in Darkwire, her family, Ruby, their parents... Rumors had it that jedi's could read you like an open book. If that was the case, this man would probably get at least a general feel of her young yet troubled story sometimes filled with agony.

She felt more calm the longer she stayed with the man, and she did as he suggested, sat the glass on the small table and closed her eyes and breathed in softly.

''I feel... less tension... Safe. At peace?'' she said, silently wondering what she really should feel. The truth was that serenity were slowly lowering itself over her, enveloping her in tranquillity.

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax didn't need to use the Force to detect the woman's painful past, it was practically written on her face. She confirmed what he suspected saying that the Force was guiding her, sensing whenever danger was near. "That is what we Jedi call a disturbance in the Force," Jax said resting his back and sighing happily. "It's the Force's way warning us of nearby danger and also one of the few abilities that even untrained Force sensitives can pick up. I'm sure you've probably thought it was a sixth sense of sorts which you can say that the Force is."

To Jax, the Force was an expression of nature, the pure well of life and death and the essence of balance. Yet those terms would easily fly over young thief's head. "I'm not so sure," Jax chuckled. "I sense a lot of grief, fear, and more importantly confusion." And even then it's clear on your face but the moment you've relaxed and allowed the Force to go into. The moment you've let go of the doubt, you've unlocked a connection that will hold on to you forever."

He turned to the cup of Orange Juice that she's been sipping on. "Reach out," Jax said. "Close your eyes, clear your mind and breathe, stretch out with your feelings."

Jax was interested in this young girl, she was like him just a leaf in the wind waiting for someone to guide them. It took Jax until well into adulthood to figure things out. He didn't want the same to be with the girl.

Disturbance in the Force. While she had read about it, Brie thought it sounded silly now when she were suggested to have that kind of gift within her. At the same time, it was hard to completely reject the possibility. It was slightly frightening also. She knew the inside of her old and worn ship, the trade of a salvager, the business and shenanigans of Darkwire and the streets of Denon. She knew nothing of the life this man lived, and was actually puzzled that he wasn't more concerned of what she did there in the first place. This was definitely nothing she had foreseen if she were caught. Cartri and the others probably wondered where she were by now.

Brie took a few more deep breaths. It was soothing. The mans voice and presence was calming her, but she still could not concentrate fully. Thoughts were breaking out of the mental box she tried to lock them in

''I'm not afraid.'' Brie insisted stoically, as her eyes locked with his. ''Although... I am curious where this will lead me... What this... connection will do to me... You say you sense the grief and fear within me... If the stories I have read is true, those feelings are unwanted within the Jedi...?''

''I'm just a salvager... A person trying to make a living, just like anybody else in this galaxy...''
she said in self-denial, refusing to use the names the man would probably use on folks breaking into others homes. He would not know what a shadowrunner was, and even if the acts they carried out would be considered burgulary, theft, slicing and worse on all civilized worlds, Brie were proud to have people like Daiya and Ruby around her. They did so much more than just stealing from people. People that already have stolen from people poorer than them. People that have already killed other people. Feth what they did, she would never have a friend like Daiya, and Ruby was her kriffing sister. Brie wiped away a single tear that were threatening to leave her eyelid as she looked upon the man.

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

A chuckle escaped Jax's mouth when the girl mentioned that she was not afraid of the path that lay ahead. "Bold words," he replied adjusting his posture to leverage his sore back. "And yeah the Jedi were not perfect, we've committed our fair of mistakes throughout our history though genocides during the old Sith Wars and even today we're being put for the war crimes that we've committed during the Stygnan Campaign though I must stress many of them our illegitimate."

That won't matter much to an angry mob though, the people of Coruscant have accused the Jedi of taking over the Senate and continuing their war against the Sith. It's gotten to the point where they don't care if it was just a crazy conspiracy theory. When you have information that confirms your worldview, it's easy to dismiss legitimate sources as a conspiracy theory. "But we're committed to defending the Galactic Alliance and the galaxy at large." Jax continued.

The Jedi Master chuckled when the woman said that she was just a salvager. "That's the beauty of the Force," he said. "Everyone is bound to its will whether you're some noble or a simple salvager. The Force calls to you, slowly pushes you in a direction that you may not like but feel like it's a necessary step."

He frowned. "Before we continue further," he said. "Who are you and where are you from? We can start with myself. I'm Jax Thio: Jedi Master."

''I'm... I'm Brie...'' Brie said, introducing herself to this Jax Thio, his first name very similar to her surname of Jaxx. ''I guess you already know what I do... Are you not mad at me for breaking into your home? I swear, it was just a bet...'' she continued, noticeably regretful for accepting it in the first place. ''We were after some parts from your podracer... I was told you had scrapped it...'' she added and looked up at the man, her gaze half curious and half regretful.

When all was said and done, a podracer - scrapped or not - was of minor importance considering what the man had told her and seemingly wanted to introduce her to.

''I... I'm confused...'' she said and pulled up her feet under fold of the knee. ''If the visions I have had is the Force... Why would they not lead me to my parents? That is the direction I want it to go. I have looked for them for so long...'' she ended with a sigh and looked down in the sofa.

''I don't know where I'm from... I just recently found out that I have a sister... within Darkwire, and that is probably the best thing that has happened to me this far. Now, we just got to find our parents.'' she continued to explain.

Brie felt so many emotions overwhelm her right now. The longing for her parents. The curiosity to find out more about the Force and what the man had to tell her. The fear of getting separated from her friends. The man spoke in such big words, the way of a Jedi seemed to be filled with complete commitment without any outside interactions. Brie feared that imprisonment, if it were true.

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

"I mean," Jax chuckled at Brie when she mentioned that he already guessed what she did. "Not the first time someone broke into my place," he shuddered a bit remembering the time he got pissed on by members of the Cybersouls gang. Not a good time in Jax's life especially when he took his 1st Padawan out underage drinking.

"Don't worry about it Brie," Jax said. "By they way I don't keep Podracing parts in my apartment, last time I did the landlord ripped me alive because the entire room smelled like fuel. So I place them in a rented warehouse."

It was for the best, Jax had a good deal on the warehouse. Good, safe location, big place, and more importantly located in far away from the more populated areas of Courscant. Podracing had a history having saboteurs and having Jax place his Podracer in an isolated area in Coruscant made it easy to hide from rivals. "Brie," Jax said. "The Force often tells you what you need instead what you want. The visions you are having are leading you towards a path that you don't want to go but a path that will benefit on the long run."

Jax sighed. "Maybe the Force has lead you here to me for a reason," Jax said. "Maybe through me you can find your parents, but I sense fear within you Brie. I'll be honest, I suggest not to embark on this path because there is a great cloud that surrounds the fate of your parents. It's impossible to know what happened but.... the future is constantly in motion."

He wanted to say a great darkness that clouded his vision, but Jax didn't want to scare Brie. She's already emotionally enough as it is.

"If you are insistent in finding out where your family is," Jax said as leaned closer to Brie. "You must learn the ways of the Force,

Stars! She had not even been breaking into the right place! What a foolish game this was!

For the fraction of a moment, that revelation distracted Brie and she cursed inside her head and rolled her eyes at her own stupidity. How fun everyone were going to have when she did not turn up with the parts. Although, if she searched deep inside, she felt like she didn't care about their opinions of her failure. Not after what this mysterious yet kind man had introduced her to.

''But I need it! I need to find them!'' she blurted out impatiently at the man, not feeling that he understood her feelings, the situation she had been in or the life she had lived before. She soon found her small outburst to be a little rash, and lowered her head again.

''It's a cloud, yes... A... fog that is thick and impenetrable, and which I never seem to find my way out of...'' she tried to excuse and explain herself. She thought of what the man said and tried to make sense out of it.

''I don't know if... If they are even alive...'' she continued on a voice trying to hold together, before she again looked up at this Jax. ''Can you see into the future? They are alive, aren't they?'' she asked, her brave green eyes begging for an answer as well as bracing for it. She had little hoped that the man would know that, considering what he had told her before and what little she head read about the Jedi. Brie would definitely have had a hard time believing him if the answer would be a negative one. There were few people Brie really trusted, Ruby and Daiya being two of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom