Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Home I never had

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

R E S A, K E S T R I
SEVERAL YEARS AFTER; AMONGST THE ASHES
smalldivdark.png

Tag: Voices of The Deep Voices of The Deep \\ Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida
Kestri. How long had it been? She couldn't remember. Last time she was here, She was just a child. Eliz had gone hunting with her in the wilds, nearly meeting his end in the process. Several years had passed, all spent hunting down the woman who took her second mother from her, tracking them both down with her first mother, Tan'yill. House Vizsla had fallen so low after their ambitions had reach such heights, and now she was left to wonder; Was it all worth it?

She didn't have the answers.

But she knew who might.

2hNEgdn.png

A lone fang-class starfighter descended from Kestri's orbit, piercing the evening clouds overhead until finally reaching it's destination. Resa, they called it. Where a group called "Mandokarla" dwell. She'd only heard a little from listening in to Enclave frequencies, ones she'd left on all this time to stay informed, or Force forbid, call for help if Apollyon found her first. Some kind of mandalorian religious group, possibly one that respected the old ways? Someone she herself could respect, perhaps. Today was the day to find out.

Her fighter touched down gently on the open fields outside the little village, opening with a hydraulic ✱Hiss and steam as Tayl Vizsla stepped out of the cockpit. Her star spurs jingled as she hit the dirt, Armor, which seen a hole burnt nearly through the breastplate and pauldrons near broken, all clattering against her padded flight suit and long flowing kama. The only thing in good condition at this rate was quick-draw holster and her various weaponry. Hand-cannons, blades, even a lever-action slugthrower, cut down to her size and needs, lay magnetized or strapped down her armor, painted in the grey & white of House Vizsla.

The only thing that could possibly distinguish herself from the other Vizslas of Roon, from her clan in those bygone days, were the armored Lekku hanging over either shoulder, and the two most infamous markings she had ever bore; The Black Hand of her mother's syndicate pressed to the forehead of her helm, And the sky-blue pauldron of the crusaders, still bearing the shriek hawk emblem of Death Watch on her right shoulder.

But here, she was just another mandalorian. Just another lost soul with a gun, come back home to remind themselves why they did it. She wasn't some iron-clad monster like the core-worlders seemed to think. She wasn't dusty mercenary carrying with her evil omens. And with any luck, She wouldn't be recognized as the daughter of an Alor with the weight of a clan on her shoulders.

No, today she was Tayl of Clan Vizsla. Vode, and nothing more, nothing less.

Finally she approaches the Briirud, The great roundhouse in the center. She didn't know what to expect upon entering, But she remained cautiously hopeful it would be what she was looking for nonetheless.

Last edited:
The Mandokarla put the needs of the Mandalorian people first. They were servants for all -- warriors in the struggle to survive and live in a chaotic galaxy where people were hunted, tortured, and killed for sport. Precious few were ever ostracized from their presence or denied entry; only the objectively damned. All others were welcome provided they came in search of truth, peace, or their Path in this life.

Some residents might give a wary eye to a newcomer, but none would speak ill or bar their passage. Provided the visitors made no effort to disturb their humble and peaceful lifestyle in Resa. The Mandokarla that milled about in the marketplace would make sure Tayl knew where the steps to ascend to the Briirud were, and those at its entrance would welcome her inside its heated corridors out of the bitter cold.

The main hall that led from the front doors to the circular, multipurpose room with the flame were adorned with various relics and trophies of the Mandalorian people. Many hand-wrought works of those in Resa were on display as well. They were not devoid of technology nor metal, but each was in such small amount as to go unnoticed except it one were to hunt for them. Who else would make use of the well-crafted works of the people of Resa if not the Mandokarla themselves? And one another, of course.

A hazel-eyed woman strode down the main hall toward the front as Tayl entered. She did not wear a helmet nor carry it on her person; though her cloak of feathers ever so quietly swished with her movements, and grips of two wooden swords protruded over her shoulders. "Daughter of the Manda, you are welcome within these walls. I am Shaman Runi Kuryida. Have you come in search of something?" Runi regarded the other woman's attire casually.

Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla | Voices of The Deep Voices of The Deep

OJT7Sbcl.png

Tags: Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

There was a abrupt, almost disturbingly loud sound of screeching metal as a small ship came squealing onto the runway with its landing gear clearly not yet engaged as the one and only Mandalorian who had no business behind the wheel of a vehicle came barreling through the landing path and causing a scuffle of those who happened to be in the path. The ship slowly skidding to a long, messy stop and eventually stopping in a slanted, leaned position bumping directly into Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla 's ship, denting the side of its hull as smoke and embers suddenly erupted from the engine of Dimas vehicle.

There was a long hissing of a burnt out radiator and damaged wings as several azure colored eyes blinked innocently from behind the controls of the cockpit.

"YES! Did you see that X9? Dima did not BLOW UP this time? This one told you she could land a birdie, you now owe Dima town tasties~" She cooed in audible delight as her tail rattled about behind her, eyes all swirling about the glass and observing the random strip on Kestri she had decided to nosedive her ship into from orbit after a rather...heated debate between she and her little droid at her side who was practically buried under a ton of strewn about junk behind her, attempting to untangle its tiny little frame from the random trinkets and luggage the Xeno had stashed away messily in her ship.

"A-rrag! DIMA! I SAID TO JUST LET ME LAND US IN THE CAPITAL WHERE DID YOU EVEN TAKE US?" The droid shouted as it finally spileld into the air, levitating back up towards Dima as she pulled went to stand from her seat. "And to LAND you have to NOT SLIDE across the strip WITHOUT your landing gear! OH AND YOU HIT SOMEONE WHO THE HELL IS THIS?!" The droid yelled, causing Dima to flinch and recoil as those teeth lining the sides of her jaws rattled and chitter, dima taking her upper arms and crossing them over her chest while pouting expressively and shifting her many eyes to the side while she was being scolded. "This is why I FLY the ship and YOU sit and read your book!" The droid continued its onslaught.

"Ok ok fine Dima could have gone a little slower or whatever but a landing is a landing an Dima demands her sweets!" She huffed, her lower arm reaching out and her claws pulling inward before flicking out and TINK right against the little droid, flicking it to the side as she drifted past them. "Now move, this one is feeling closed in~" She purred before flicking her tail at him and slapping him away and into the seat she had just left as she stepped out the back ramp which was...dug deep into the mud and have shaved away from her sketchy landing.

Still the giddy xeno walked down the tilted, sideways ramp and just hopped off the end of it, the lovely violet tunic of her Beskar'Gam flowing rather delicately in the wind as those four alien arms occupied themselves independently, two of her lower ones tied behind her back while her upper arms lifted towards her head, curling her long, while strands of hair within her azure claws as each of her exotic eyes scanned those in front of her upon exiting.

Immediately her eyes settled on Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida & Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla . Taking in both of their features, noticing Runis rather fine complexion and braided hair, Dimas own braid hanging by her shoulder as the xeno tilted her head in delight, her central most forehead eye then shifting to the other woman, mainly taking in her vast assortment of weapons and hardened armor which caused her eyes to almost dilate like dinner plates. The dangerous looking teeth lining her cheeks chittering lowly as her tail swished in delight, her other upper arm lifted high in a broad, expressive waving motion as she suddenly started stepping towards them with a whimsical skip in her step. Lower hands now reaching down to pull up the fabric of her dress-like over tunic as if to prevent it from getting messy.

"Greetings beloved Vode! Ummm, Where is Dima?"

FWOBANG! sounded behind her, the engine finally sputtering out and powering down as Dima stood there innocently as if she had come in like some kind of Mandalorian Lady-Warrior. A massive axe hung on her back and several sabers latched to her hips, even a blaster on her spine as her lashers swirled and passively dangled about beside her dress. Dima lifting her dress and giving her beloved kin a delightful little bow of greeting as her upper arms still curled through her hair and waved towards them.

"Would either of you also know how to fix birdie things?" She quipped after the sputtering of her ships engine started to quiet down, the phrase 'birdie' clearly a reference to the ship as all her eyes blinked separately while looking at each of them.

B R I I R U D
smalldivdark.png
Tag: Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida \\ Domina Prime Domina Prime
The young Twi'lek was courteous and thankful to those who had shown her the way, stopping on occasion to observe over her shoulder or to look up at the great hall ahead. It reminded her of Roon, a long time ago. Of a place she once called 'Skyhold'. A place of wooden walls and stone floors warmed by hearthfire. The home of a great clan, who were content with such a humble, yet peaceful place.

She took a deep breath, standing with one hand flat against the door. It all made her feel as though home's crisp and cold air might fill her lungs in that moment, if not for the sealed helmet between her and this old world.

Despite the nostalgia and the sound of a very loud ship roaring in from orbit somewhere far away, Tayl pushed into the doorway, still lost in thought as she drank in the sights, wandering onwards wherever her feet might take her.

This led her into the path of a tall woman, cloaked in feathers and bearing "weapons" made from polished wood. It caught the young Twi'lek a little off guard, seeing someone without the armor in a place said to be holy to the Mando'ade, but nevertheless, She bowed her head in greetings to this new face.

"Daughter of the Manda, you are welcome within these walls. I am Shaman Runi Kuryida. Have you come in search of something?"

"I am. I come in search of... Guidance, I think. Answers, maybe. Somewhere quiet to gather my thoughts before I move on." She says in a weary tone despite the somewhat youthful voice behind the distortion of her Buy'ce.

"I am Tayl, of Clan Vizsla. Gedet'ye at gar, Runi Kuryida. I don't think I've been to this world since I was child, before Kestri had heat or forges, I think"
(Pleased to meet you,)

She had just inhaled to speak again when the sound of metal and displaced earth boomed across the village outside, Forcing the Vizsla to break her focus and look out into the night over her shoulder. Her hand was placed on her hip with a thumb in her worn belt, ready to remove a heavy pistol from her holster if need be, though she hadn't yet touched the weapon. Seeing what might be the remains of ship somewhere just beyond the street lamps however, one that had touched her own MK-IV fighter, An iteration of the Fang-Class that was no longer being produced, She couldn't help ✱Growling✱ under her breath just a little.

Looking up, there didn't seem to be any further commotion in the skies nor on the ground. Just an accident maybe? So she took no more than a few steps out the door to watch and wait. It wasn't long after that an alien figure came strolling in from the crash site's direction, as if nothing had even happened.

"Greetings beloved Vode! Ummm, Where is Dima?"

. . . There is a brief moment of silence as Tayl observes the alien in front of her, looking for injuries that may need tending or really anything that could tell her about this stranger come fallen from the sky.

"Uhm. Su cuy'gar, ner vode. Are you... alright...?"

(Hello, my brethren)
A very small part of her wanted to yell at the woman for hitting her ship, but she hadn't yet observed the damage nor decided if she need her help. Vode come first after all.

"Would either of you also know how to fix birdie things?"

"I know a thing or two. Depends on how bad the damage is" She glances slowly between those present

"But I'm not looking at it if I find out you've totaled mine" Her tone had a subtle edge to it in that moment, and her hand raised just enough to gesture at the other ship.

What strange people had moved to Kestri in her family's absence? A woman wielding wooden swords, and a great alien clad in violet and beskar. With glowing teeth no less? Pretty, for a creature with an impressive build. Far less impressive in the cockpit though...

"These and more you can find in Resa, if you seek them." That Tayl wasn't seeking to plant roots did not worry the Shaman in the least. Many came through Resa for a time. Not every issue required prolonged counseling or time away from the endless toil of the galaxy.

A loud sound drew Tayl's gaze, which had Runi peering beyond the woman for just a moment. It seemed someone had arrived in a colorful manner. Too much excitement for Resa, but all sorts of characters found their way there eventually. Their guest was preoccupied with the event, however. Distractedly so.

It wasn't until another guest arrived that the silence was broken. Runi stood by patiently as the chattering creature offered their greetings. Tayl was not quite as... enamored with Dima's presence. Because of the potential damage to the vessel she'd arrived on. A small matter that didn't seem to concern Dima so much except with the follow-up 'cough' from her own ship.

"Dima," Runi regarded the multi-limbed woman, "you are in Resa. On Kestri. I see you retain your flair for dramatic entrances." Oh, yes, the Shaman had heard about the creature's entrance during their little... excursion Panatha. "Should I send word to your Alor?" Runi didn't even glance at Tayl at that mention. It was Dima's place to announce herself, if she chose. No doubt her clan would enjoy hearing of her latest exploit.

"Repairs on the vessels can wait," the Shaman intoned after a moment. Dima would no doubt enjoy having her ship repaired immediately inconsiderate of why Tayl was there. After all, the creature was quite excitable. "Perhaps you both would care to join me for tea?"

Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla | Domina Prime Domina Prime

OJT7Sbcl.png

Tags: Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

Twisting, scattering eyes of the alien woman swirled and examined the two individuals in front of her almost rudely, very obviously and visibly zipping from their biceps, to their legs to examine their basic anatomical traits, a natural instinct with first encounters with Mandalorians she had never seen before. And she had seen a good few of the from her...shenanigans about Kestri, apparently having garnered a reputation as Runi explained their location to the girl while jabbing at Dimas...flair for the theatrical.

Dimas eyes all stopped scanning and zipped directly to Runis face as she squinted tightly. Her waving hand having slowed to a pause and slowly lower as those furred alien eyes fluttered like butterfly wings in perceived embarrassment.

"Oh uhhhh, sorry." She immediately recoiled upon the mention of sending word to her Alor, her eyes quickly going from squinting at Runi to just flickering to the ground and then over to the Twi'leks whose ship she had 'bumped' into. "O-oh no! don't tell! Don't tell! Dima can fix it!" She whined as her tail flickered in perceived nervousness as the xeno thought of the scolding she might receive from Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla , especially so soon after he had saved her from the clutches of Titan and brought him into their fold.

Oh maybe taking the bet wasn't the best idea now that she was considering the 'consequences' she was currently being threatened with, completely shifting her general attitude as the violet twi'lek asked if Dima was alright. Dima becoming rather flustered as she literally lifted a hand to shield one side of her face from the Shaman Runi like a childish way of becoming 'out of sight out of mind'.

"Yes Dima is fine everything is like, totally ok alright!" She hissed defensively as that tail whirled about in a vicious rattling motion.

When Runi mentioned joining them for Tea all of Dimas eyes blinked in sync before her ears lowered in embarrassment.

"...I-...Is this one in trouble?" She murmured, wondering if tea was simply a way to get her somewhere to scold her as the alien creature grumbled and whined in low frequencies in sequence with a collection of toothy chitters and clicks of distress as she bashfully clashed her hands and fingers together with her lower hands. "If this one fixes it can Dima still have tea and not get yelled at?" She asked rather casually as she looked back at her ship which was currently smoking and sighing deeply, hanging her head down low crestfallen and defeated as she dragged her feet un-enthusiastically towards the minor wreckage as if she were being cast off, pausing half way there and sighing deeply in a groan before turning back to face the two and slapping her tail into the dirt in frustration. "Can Dima just have sweet drinks first and THEN fix the ship and not get in trouble?" She counter argued, finding her tongues rather dry in the moment from all the excitement of barreling out of orbit having taken place previously moments before, her eyes scanning both of them for a response as the sweet xeno stood there patiently waiting for response from her fellow kindred.

smalldivdark.png

Tag: Domina Prime Domina Prime \\ Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida
Tayl impatiently shifted from one foot to the other while they spoke, just trying to decide how to feel about the whole situation. Of course she'd be observing them both from behind that cold, empty visor, sparing them of the discomfort Dima might have inflicted. Admittedly though, Tayl was used to it from all the outsiders she'd grown up around, almost more used to them then mandalorians these days. Though, She wasn't observing in the way they or Dima would. Honestly just trying to get a feel for the situation and what kind of person they were.

She seemed... new? Like a foundling almost. A really big foundling. Like a really big foundling.

The way her ears drooped and her words sped up in a flustered fit was somewhat endearing actually, And Tayl quickly found herself wanting to defuse and maybe even comfort her larger Vod, even despite the trouble with their ships. Maybe it was her chip working again, always regulating her chemical balance to keep her calm and focused. Mostly. Though, That tea certainly wouldn't hurt either.

"Perhaps you both would care to join me for tea?"

"Yes please...!" She turns just enough to regard Runi with a relieved sigh "Cassius if you please. It's a family favorite"

Then she takes one last look at her starfighter in the distance, using her HUD software to magnify the image until she could clearly see the damage. Which was little, to say the least. She could already feel the anxiety leaving as her breath slowed.
Although, it sounded like her fellow guest wasn't quite as relieved.

"Hey, hey, Big girl. Deep breaths okay? Breath with me" She instinctively reaches out to touch Dima's shoulder, moving in front of her so she had something new to focus on and ground herself with. It reminded her of Eliz somewhere in the back of her mind, of the last time she'd found need to distract and calm her Vod.

"In . . .

. . .and out"

She exhales slowly, trying to get Dima to follow along for a moment before jutting her chin at the ship
"Just did a quick scan. Just a scratch, nothing either of us should worry about, right? Forgive my anger before. Temper, temper"

She chuckles softly to herself for her own anger. Then, gesturing slowly to Runi, Tayl turns back to the Briirud with a more relaxed posture and a 'hum' to her voice.
"Tea is good for the soul as much as the nerves. I think you could use that right now. Besides. We're guests here, right? It's an honor for a mandalorian to share drink with their host"

Seemed Dima wasn't so quick to aggravate Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla . That bode well for the man managing to help the hyperactive creature find some measure of discipline at least. Runi was accepting of all lifeforms, but that didn't mean she was ignorant of the unique challenges something like Dima posed.

No comment was made about Dima trying to 'hide' her 'quiet' response to Tayl either. There was correcting a young woman like Dima and then needlessly critiquing her actions. If anything others could provide Dima some of the social lessons she was in need of with time. Fortunately, Kranak didn't need to do everything himself. Even if he'd likely try.

Perhaps the Shaman should visit him at some point seeing as the man had not come to seek her counsel during his trials. They'd met once before when the man sought helping from the Lethan Twi'lek. Not that Runi suspected the man knew it at the time.

Then the chattering woman launched into a short series of offers. Ah, negotiation. Well, Dima's life wasn't on the line even if she felt as though the world might end if Kranak found out about her latest adventure. Tayl seemed eager to placate the limbed creature without prompting. A pleasant sight with her guests seemingly getting along and the little matter outdoors less of a hindrance and more one of life's little detours.

Runi turned slightly with a small smile gracing her lips, "If you will both join me? We'll talk and enjoy tea on this cold, Kestrin day." The Shaman turned to lead them into the large, circular building to one of the private chambers of polished wood with local art and crafts on display along every wall.

Was Dima in trouble? Would Runi yell at her? Would Kranak hear of this? Questions Runi would let Dima hold or release as she willed. Perhaps she'd inquire further. It would be informative to learn how the young woman responded to such a situation especially in light of Tayl's deescalation.

Not that Runi ever yelled. That's what the wooden swords were for. Dima hadn't yet earned the need for such a lesson, however. Though if she failed to learn from her mistakes the 'honor' might be her's sooner than she'd like.

As Runi slipped into the private chamber, she gestured toward the table in the center of the room with high backed chairs about it. "Please, Vod, make yourselves comfortable." A tea pot sat on a tray atop the table with three cups around it. A small dish of locally baked confections sat nearby as well.

"You both arrived in your own ships. From off-world?" A little idle conversation to give them a chance to break the ice, if they chose; or to offer up their own topic of conversation if they rather not say from whence they came.

OJT7Sbcl.png

Tags: Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla | Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida

"Hey, hey, Big girl. Deep breaths okay? Breath with me" The voice of the twi'lek range, Dimas ears perking upward and swiveling about the sides of her head like radar dishes as Tayl intercepted the crestfallen xeno to touch her shoulder and draw Dimas focus, all five of her eyes quickly becoming occupied as Dima paused in place. Biting her lower lip nervously and nodding briefly as the Twi'lek demonstrated breathing in, then breathing out to the baffled alien girl. In attempts to imitate, Dimas segmented jaws all split open and apart and her massive, teeth filled mouth hung agape as she suddenly breathed inward deeply with her mouth and then exhaled in a dramatic hyperventilation motion. "Just did a quick scan. Just a scratch, nothing either of us should worry about, right? Forgive my anger before. Temper, temper" Tayl assured Dima, causing the large foundling to tilt her head curiously before shifting her many eyes from Runi to Tayl, then back to Runi again.

"So...no one is sour with Dima?" quipped, her attitude slightly shifting back to bubbly and giddy as the inner glow of her scales flumed just a little brighter.

Runi then beckoned to the both of them, the young alien following Tayl and Runi until they were led to a much more fitting location. The 'things' strewn about the room instantly attacking the many eyes of Dima as the tall alien ducked down into the space and chittered lowly, her eyes quickly finding the tiny little snacks laid out for them near the seats as Dima quickly PLOPPED herself down roughly onto one of the chairs just before Runi even gave them permission to make themselves comfortable.

By the time she did, Dimas claws were grabbing the food from the tray and her jaws split widely, the baked sweets quickly drawing her nose as she salivated messily, CHOMPING down on one of the treats and chewing rather happily before another one of her four arms reached out and grabbed another, popping it into her mouth and chewing audibly as Runi asked if they had some from offworld.

"MMnf, DMNFAM YES!" She swallowed her food before throwing another cake into her jaws and chewing, talking with her mouth full and with crumbs falling on her lovely purple dress as she sat 'alien style' in her chair like some kind of whimsical child despite her massive size and...strange visage. "Dima returns from mighty hunt! This one did battle with godlings, and while returning Dima was confident she could land the birdie because X9 says Dima could not land 'in a hundred years'...but Dima did, so now he is stupid!" She huffed with a swaggle of her head while chewing happily on the food. "Mmnf, Dima likes the sweet tasties. What are they?" She asked, reaching out to attempt and take another one, barely leaving any for anyone else. While eating however her eyes quickly flicked back to the Twi'lek, her gaze mainly flicking about the many firearms strapped to her person as the axe carrying Xeno licked her lips clean of the crumbs from her un-polite eating. "Dima likes your guns. Do any of them go boom?" She asked, Dimas eyes dilating like dinner plates as she leaned in, quickly becoming distracted with the forged items. "Can dima hold one?" She asked abruptly, one of her many arms passively reaching outward as if to touch one of the guns on her belt. "Ohhh, that one is shiny!" She pointed at the knife on her hip as Dima chittered lowly.

Last edited:

smalldivdark.png

Tag: Domina Prime Domina Prime \\ Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida \\
"So...no one is sour with Dima?"

Tayl couldn't help but stare from behind her smoky visor, watching Dima's jaws segment to reveal many rows of glowing teeth, Like Azure Starlight given an edge and purpose. She had truly never seen anything like it. Not on Kamino, Not on Coruscant, Not on Roon, Not on Kestri as a child, Not even on Tatooine or Batuu. Maybe she was just under traveled for a mandalorian. But to her, Dima was truly unique.

Her breathing exercises needed work though...

"Well, it's a start anyway" She says, tilting her head to the side. "No, I'm not sour, at least"

"Though, you should consider flight training? Or maybe let the droid handle the next landing"
She chuckled softly, Turning to follow Runi.

The little room was a pleasant surprise, reminiscent of the quarters her mother kept on Roon. Though, they would have likely sat on simple pillows on the floor with a low table, while these high backed chairs were something new to her.

As bid, Tayl sat gently in a chair, clasping her hands in her lap while she waited to be addressed or see whether they were to serve themselves or wait. Dima on the other hand, Seemed quick to snatch up as much food as possible, downing as much as her morbidly fascinating maw could hold.

Realizing how quickly the food would be gone, The young Twi'lek was quick set aside a few of these baked goods on a small plate and slide them over for herself, along with a single cup of tea.

"Thank you, Miss Runi" She bowed her head a little in respect to her host. Guest and Host rites are important to Mandalorian culture of course. Or, so she was taught.

Now for the hard part. Tayl hadn't removed her helmet in the company of strangers since leaving the children of the watch. A few of them, at rare times, did remove their helms, but not often. Not in whatever sect she had encountered. The idea was... awkward. But she needed the food, and these weren't just some aruetiise. These were Mandalorians of the Enclave. If they were anything like her mothers had told her, Then most were truly Mandalorians. So maybe, despite being among unfamiliar faces, she wasn't among strangers after all?

Hesitantly, She lifts her helmet up high, letting her sleeved Lekku slither out, seemingly moving with minds of their own until they drooped over her shoulders on either side. Her face looked young still, Early twenties if even. A very angular face, despite it's otherwise soft features, with an almost lavender-tone to her skin, broken up by tribal tattoos coiling up her Lekku like a serpent or briars overtaking the trunk of a young tree. Even her eyes, which came in an irradiated green, were flanked by makeup or perhaps more tattoos, with artistic tears or perhaps spines, like something from the old desert worlds. Perhaps inspired by the people of Erebos? though she had never been.
"You both arrived in your own ships. From off-world?"

Tayl glanced up at Runi while blowing on the warm tea, Musing over what answer she would give the Mandokarla. The circumstances of her "birth" rooted in a subtle shame to the young Twi'lek. Might be best to leave out some of the details.

"Dima returns from mighty hunt! This one did battle with godlings, and while returning Dima was confident she could land the birdie because X9 says Dima could not land 'in a hundred years'...but Dima did, so now he is stupid!"

Well, At least she had time to think while Dima got the enthusiasm out of her system. It was amusing though, the dynamic between her and the droid. A part of her wondered if maybe she came from a feudal world? Something like Weik, maybe. According to her mother anyway. It could explain her Manda awful landing and her peculiar mannerisms.

She smiles at the thought while sipping from her tea held in both hands, waiting until Dima was finished and she'd at least gotten a bite of her food. Though, the thought of a "Godling" had her a little perplexed in the end. What the kriff is a 'Godling' ?

"I was born offworld, yes. But to Mandalorian parents"

She glances around again while sipping more tea, realizing that she could at least elaborate a little.
"I believe they called the territory, Confederate? Confederation of Independent systems. Or was it a republic? I don't remember... I do miss my homeworld though. But I've been roaming ever since, no point in going back now"

She found herself swirling the tea gently in her cup, staring into the warm liquid which reminded her of the dark oceans she once enjoyed so dearly. At least, until Dima took notice of her arsenal. Just things she'd picked up out in the galaxy, for the most part. Each chosen for a reason of course, but nothing special to Tayl. Save perhaps, her grandmother's hand-cannon.
"Dima likes your guns. Do any of them go boom?"

"Can dima hold one?"

"Oh, you like 'em? This one does, yeah" She says, tapping at the wooden finish of her lever-action slugthrower, still magnetized to her back. Admittedly a little uncomfortable since it pressed up against the chair alongside her jetpack. "Huh- hold one?"
"Ohhh, that one is shiny!"

Where she anyone else, Tayl might have swatted the hand away that almost reached out to her gun belt. But with Dima? Maybe it was her seemingly clueless demeanor or just the fact that she hadn't spoken to another mandalorian in so long, but she just didn't have the heart.

Instead, She just awkwardly lifted her arms a little, gripping at her little red scarf while Dima reached, unsure how to react now.

"Uhh~?"

Finally she reaches down, pulling her knife just barely out of it's sheath. "It's uhm. It's a butterfly knife. Mandalorian made, Vibro-blade, even got a shockwave generator if you really want someone dead"

She kept a cool tone, but she maintained a wary stare at Dima's expense, wide eyed and mostly just uncertain.
Then she reaches around towards the small of her back, where a much longer sheath of polished wood had been carefully stuck to her back plate. The blade was only tugged on a little, revealing the shining surface of fine Kal dagger, which appeared to have mandalorian karta'beskar inspired inlays within the hilt, and some kind of activation trigger below the blade, which was gleaming in whatever light may slip into the room.

"Roonic pattern Kal-dagger. From, well... Roon. back when the Enclave was based there, though, I think we might still make them? It's a handy tool. Don't have the matching Baskad though, they usually come in pairs"

"Was there uhm. One in particular you wanted to hold?" She scratches gently at the back of her Lekku, staring at an empty corner with an almost nervous look. "I'm not used to- Showing off, I guess"

The Shaman didn't confirm or deny Dima's question that no one was 'sour' with her. Not because Runi wanted to torment the woman, but because it would be too much of a release from her responsibility as a Mandalorian. Sour? No. However, it was proper that Dima hold to making amends or corrections to ensure what happened did not happen again. It would be interesting to see if the creature would learn the lesson of her own accord, or if she would need firmer guidance.

A thought no better evidenced than when Dima made herself comfortable at a time of her choosing. It seemed a certain Alor had yet to instill proper etiquette into Dima. Hardly surprising given the casual 'tapping' of another's ship, which followed an arrogant belief in her own untrained ability to pilot a ship. Some truly incorrectly believed the Manda (Force) would do everything for them if they just believed hard enough.

As Speaker of the Mandokarla, Runi was well trained in schooling her expression. Others might have found it difficult to maintain a calm demeanor in the face of Dima scarfing down treats at speed. Tayl had a helmet on. The Shaman could only guess what her countenance looked like.

Runi did chuckle, however, at the gratitude that had been given. "Runi will do here. Shaman Kuriyda or Speaker when we're in the halls; I wouldn't want those in training to earn a personal sparring session needlessly." Young Mandokarla knew how formidable Runi was with a few 'mere' wooden swords. After all, it was one of their trials in graduating -- or so the rumors went. Had most of them grinding their teeth the day of.

As the trio settled in, Runi's hazel eyes slid aside toward Tayl as the woman reached up to remove her helmet.

"Dima." Runi interlaced her fingers just below her chin with a small smile on her lips. "It is not polite to talk with food in your mouth." There were many things the woman had to learn, obviously, and her hyperactive nature wouldn't help with that; some of them should be learned sooner than others. If their social visit required some correction, Runi wasn't above giving it. A warning, first, to be considerate. No need to embarrass her in front of Tayl.

"A local pastry. I could introduce you to the baker, later, if you'd like."
Not that Dima probably had the attention to detail necessary to bake her own. Even so, the baker might know a way for Dima to acquire more outside of Resa. People of a trade often spoke or knew others of a kind, after all, even in other cities. Resa was remote for a reason, but it was not cutoff.

Tayl briefly spoke up about herself with more detail than Dima's colorful recitation. "The Confederacy. A Beginning. Life is full of many." Though that did not mean Tayl could not return home if she had reason to do so. Runi wouldn't push the matter unless it was clear she needed to. After all, some Endings should be final. The Shaman felt she should find out more before deciding either way.

As Dima's attention soon turned to Tayl, it seemed another educational moment was at hand. One which the Shaman left in Tayl's hands as the two seemed to get along so far. Good to see the more experienced Mandalorian hadn't lost her discipline, but tolerance only went so far. An educational opportunity in more ways than one.

"There are many Forges in the Enclave. I'm certain the Kal dagger is made at several, or on-demand. I'm certain you could find one in Resa to do so using the traditional methods," the Shaman offered, if it interested Tayl to pursue the matter. "Are you from Roon?"

A soft clearing of the throat folowed Tayl's invitation to Dima. "A Mandalorian's weapons are a part of themselves. How they are treated reflects on the respect shown to the Mandalorian theirself." Runi gave a discrete glance over at Dima over the rim of her tea cup before the Shaman took a slow, silent sip. A little reminder for the energetic one to not damage or drop anything Tayl did allow Dima to handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom