Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holiday Halt On New Invasions

The holiday season is soon upon us and people are busy with family, finishing the school year and work. There’s a lot to focus on, and trying to post to an invasion should not be one of them when Christmas comes calling.

Therefore invasions will be put on hold for the month of December. New invasions can be announced from January 1st onward. This is our usual practice for December.

This does not affect already announced invasions! Those will go ahead at their announced time.

Happy holidays to all!

wWxFQl.gif

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I don't think that's fair.

I think the board should have 24 additional hours to launch any rebuttal invasions. Most barely had a chance to discuss an action plan with their factions and allies before invasions were cut off until 2018.

I sincerely ask you and staff to consider allowing the board today as the last opportunity to launch invasions before 2018.

[member="Darth Metus"]

No, its not fair, and its obvious this was a knee-jerk reaction to the first three that collaborated their efforts - allowing them to set the pace instead of reading the community.

...but what’s done is done. We can gripe or we can make the best of it.

Progflaw99

Ra Vizsla said:

[member="Darth Metus"]

No, its not fair, and its obvious this was a knee-jerk reaction to the first three that collaborated their efforts - allowing them to set the pace instead of reading the community.

...but what’s done is done. We can gripe or we can make the best of it.
Firstly. To put this issue to rest.

We did not collaborate any sort of triple invasion, nor did we plan to overwhelm/stampede the Galactic Alliance.

After the Faction Owner nomination and vote process the Galactic Alliance underwent over the last week or two, the First Order and First Order Staff had been discussing an invasion, as our tangible response to the Rusaan Accords. We've been talking about this for weeks. While it was always hoped that the Galactic Empire would join us in a venture to apply pressure, there was no intent to overwhelm the Alliance or its writers.

Months ago, there was talk about a multi-invasion campaign, involving TSE, GE, and the First Order, but eventually those discussions broke down as there were differing opinions on the manner in which we conducted the campaign and what a timeline looked like. As well, varying IC circumstances leaned towards peace over war, even if precarious. The Rusaan accords, and what they represented IC was cause we found reasonable to initiate another invasion, this time a blockade to further weaken the GA economy towards the worlds reaching near Dosuun. There was also brief discussion with at least one member of GA staff that indicated that they may be looking for an invasion anyway, to both drum up activity and lead into a natural story progression depending on where the Alliance was to go in the future.

After we announced, that's when TSE decided to strike, announcing their invasion - which we had absolute zero knowledge of until it happened. As far as the Galactic Empire, again - we always hoped they would launch an invasion as well either with similar timing or before/after ours, to apply pressure on the Alliance but never was it the plan to launch multiple invasions, nor was there any collaboration towards a triple strike at the GA at the same time.

That being said, not only myself, but the First Order as a whole would appreciate it if people stopped spreading blatant lies about us and how we went to go kick a dog when it's down. As much an effort to gain territory and expand on the story that had already been created between the Alliance and the First Order, it was also an attempt to assist the Alliance in rallying together again. The next time you gather to throw stones, how about we check with those involved first, instead of assuming and making rash decisions and accusations? This easily could have been handled between not only the Faction Admins, but Faction Owners. If you advocate for better communication, do it instead of discouraging it by making public assumptions and running with them.

[member="Ra Vizsla"]
[member="Darth Metus"]

[member="Darth Metus"]
Worth noting that, by the wording of the ruling, you could still post an invasion declaration today - November 30th - even if you couldn't actually start the IC invasion thread until January 1st. Do with that as you will.

[member="Rolf Amsel"]

No need to be defensive here... As I always tell my staff and people I train...

Perception = Reality...

Perception is there was collaboration, and your admission that a few months ago there were talks to do this exact thing does not help that perception. Your best bet is to quietly deal with it and save the energy to win the invasion. The First Order is great at putting a story together, so stick to that. Let perceptions fall where they will, and clean house IC.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Jaron Lesan said:
[member="Rolf Amsel"]

No need to be defensive here... As I always tell my staff and people I train...

Perception = Reality...

Perception is there was collaboration, and your admission that a few months ago there were talks to do this exact thing does not help that perception. Your best bet is to quietly deal with it and save the energy to win the invasion. The First Order is great at putting a story together, so stick to that. Let perceptions fall where they will, and clean house IC.
Wrong.

This isn't a misperception, it is a bald-faced lie.

Progflaw99

[member="Jaron Lesan"]

I think you misunderstand. There wasn't an admission that several months ago we were colluding to overthrow the GA by simply overwhelming them with three invasions at the same time.

What there was, was a discussion about having a campaign involving a series of invasions from all three factions to create a panoramic war story over time.

[member="Natasi Fortan"]

Unfortunately it is perception.

I didn’t say perception = truth. I am too much of an absolutist to say that.

Perception equals a person’s reality.

When 3 invasions are posted in less than an hour of each other, the perception is collusion. Calling it a bald faced lie doesn’t change that perception. But hey... what do I know... part of my job is perception management.

[member="Rolf Amsel"]

Thanks for clearing that up. It wasn’t so clear based upon your post. Personally I stick to what I say. Who cares what people think, just kick butt and take names IC.

Uhh...we have invasion blocks every year in December. For instance this one last year.

Ra Vizsla said:
Incorrect, and as you know this is something we do annually. It was something which needed to be announced before December started and so I announced it on the 30th of November my time.

Darth Metus said:
I sincerely ask you and staff to consider allowing the board today as the last opportunity to launch invasions before 2018.
No. You've had 11 months to make invasions, now you can plan for January. I'm not stopping you organising and getting allies together, nor skirmishing or any other sort of thread.

The announcement stands, and no conspiracy theory is going to change that.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Jaron Lesan said:
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

Unfortunately it is perception.

I didn’t say perception = truth. I am too much of an absolutist to say that.

Perception equals a person’s reality.

When 3 invasions are posted in less than an hour of each other, the perception is collusion. Calling it a bald faced lie doesn’t change that perception. But hey... what do I know... part of my job is perception management.
Thank you for clearing that up. What I'm attempting to do is manage the perception by telling you that the allegation of collaboration on our part is a bald-faced lie. It did not happen.

If you want to continue to think it's true, you're more than welcome to, just be aware that any resemblance your perception is to reality is entirely incidental.

Jorus Merrill said:
[member="Darth Metus"]
Worth noting that, by the wording of the ruling, you could still post an invasion declaration today - November 30th - even if you couldn't actually start the IC invasion thread until January 1st. Do with that as you will.
What kind of crap is this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom